Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

24 minutes ago, AsymDoll13 said:

Cool. Just making sure I didn't miss it. Lol. 

You can always check the News forum. :)

Glad of glad there wasn't a release. I'm still semi-binging on the birthday release.

Lunch with my dad and stepmother was tasty, and my stepmother was quite impressed that I'd used LEGO to make a preliminary plan for the new thrift shop. XD (She's President of the Board of the Bahamas Humane Society.)

2 hours ago, Lagie said:

my stepmother was quite impressed that I'd used LEGO to make a preliminary plan for the new thrift shop. XD (She's President of the Board of the Bahamas Humane Society.)

heh cool!

got together today with my yarn group, we had a potluck lunch, and some of us brought some yarn from our stash that we wanted to "auction" off.  i sold some yarn for 25 cents and then bought a huge bagful of yarn... for 25 cents.  high stakes auction XD 

i have stops to make after work the next three days, i'm not going to want to really start in earnest going through stuff.  i've decided to do what i can with older daughter's stuff, and hopefully by the time hubby's out in Pgh looking at houses, older daughter will have been or will be coming up to go through her own room.  out of all the rooms in the house, hers has the most daunting feeling.

26 minutes ago, trystan said:

sold some yarn for 25 cents and then bought a huge bagful of yarn... for 25 cents.  high stakes auction XD 

Perfect! :D

A lightning strike took out the power here almost two hours ago. Thank goodness for the generator, but I do wonder how long the power will be out.

20 minutes ago, Lagie said:

A lightning strike took out the power here almost two hours ago. Thank goodness for the generator, but I do wonder how long the power will be out.

oof.

i saw your post in the current thought thread about that. two hours, wow.  

hopefully it'll be back soon?

36 minutes ago, AsymDoll13 said:

So far no NR... Welp. 

Apparently no NR this weekend. I shall start filling my egg slots again tomorrow and then we will have a release!

6 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Apparently no NR this weekend. I shall start filling my egg slots again tomorrow and then we will have a release!

XD Of course.

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and toast with jam*

Morning storm. I hope the roads clear enough by 10 for me to get to the doctor without too many puddles en route.

Good morning!

*grabs some toast*

Thank you!

It's supposed to rain off and on all day, although it's currently off. The AC repair people are supposed to be out here today - naturally, the first day this week that's supposed to be cool enough and breezy enough to make the place comfortable. Why couldn't they have come last week?

In other news, the niece and her friend had a blast at the Ren Faire despite the heat. I got to catch up with an old acquaintance from 20-something years ago who had a merchant booth at the Faire - she does uncommon spices (for around here, anyway, I've no idea about other places) and amazing spice blends and BBQ rubs and stuff like that. It was good to see that her business is still going, especially with the pandemic having shut down the Faires for so long. I'm assuming she does online sales, though. For myself, I bought some new necklaces and a cute little parasol/sunshade, which helped keep my sunburn to a minimum. Yes, I used sunblock and reapplied it a couple of times. But I'm also sure the stuff was melting off as fast as I was applying it.

After, I stuck around my mom's place for dinner, as she'd frozen one of her pizza-gaines from Easter and had taken it out to have as a no-fuss meal since we didn't know how early or late we'd be home from the Faire. I wasn't going to pass up a chance to have that for a second time this year! Pizza-gaines are an Italian thing, or at least, they're a thing in the corner of Italy my grandmother's family hails from. They're sort of quiche-y, but not quite; deep-dish with a filling of ham, sausage, several different cheeses, chopped hard-boiled egg, and raw egg as a binder. There's also a rice version, in which the rice replaces the meats. Traditionally, these are all baked on Good Friday - in my family, we'd always have a rice pie with tomato soup for Good Friday dinner before dyeing our Easter eggs, and then the meat pie for Easter breakfast.

17 minutes ago, catstaff said:

They're sort of quiche-y, but not quite; deep-dish with a filling of ham, sausage, several different cheeses, chopped hard-boiled egg, and raw egg as a binder. There's also a rice version, in which the rice replaces the meats

That sounds tasty!

Yay for faires returning!

I have some leftover actual pizza that I need to freeze for later.

My daughter and her best friend from high school always used to go to the Ren Faire here. I am pretty sure she has not been since Holly died.

My Chrono/Aeon pair of course gave me another Chrono today. I have had sixteen Chronos, two Pyros, and an Aquilo since I got my last Aeon from them. :rolleyes: And of course this one is a Z code, so I couldn't just ditch it to the AP.

Tree guy did not finish yesterday, so should be back today, but we have storms predicted, so I will be surprised if he does. Of course he will not call to let us know one way or the other!

haven't been to a Ren Faire in years. the Mt. Hope one is about 2 hours from us, and it just to be kinda expensive. when the girls were little we went to one a little closer, and it was fun, on a smaller scale than i've been.  it's been a while.

yep, we're supposed to get storms today too.... at some point, anyway XD

did the forum not work for anyone for a little bit about 12:30ish p.m. Cave Time? it timed out for me and wouldn't let me post.  so i asked on discord, and then refreshed the forum, and it was back.  so i deleted my question from discord XD

stalking for CB Nebs again.  maybe Antareans, we'll see.

with this moving planning, i've been doing a LOT of going through stuff, donating stuff, taking stuff places fixing things in the house. ugh, i'm kinda tired, and my brain isn't always on cave stalking. *sigh*

14 minutes ago, trystan said:

did the forum not work for anyone for a little bit about 12:30ish p.m. Cave Time? it timed out for me and wouldn't let me post. 

Yeah, I got a time out, too, about that time. Wandered away for a few minutes then retried and everything was fine.

I've never been to a Ren Faire, but I'd love to go one day. Gonna be rainy here, so the friend and I are going to the store around 2:30 or 3 to get a few things for tonight and tomorrow. Gonna be rainy all week apparently. 

40 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Yeah, I got a time out, too, about that time. Wandered away for a few minutes then retried and everything was fine.

yep, that was me, pretty much XD

Piggie weights are good. A gram gain for Kris so 1019g (roughly 2.24 lbs) and a gram decrease for Duncan so 835g (roughly 1. something). So not too bad. Now I have the hiccups.  

1 hour ago, AsymDoll13 said:

Piggie weights are good.

:)

Definitely shingles. But shingles on the mend so there's nothing to be done but wait it out. It also explains the twitchy nerve stuff in my chest. Sigh.

6 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Definitely shingles. But shingles on the mend

Glad they are on the mend. Too bad it is too late for the meds. Hope recovery is quick and uneventful.

1 hour ago, Lagie said:

Definitely shingles. But shingles on the mend so there's nothing to be done but wait it out. It also explains the twitchy nerve stuff in my chest. Sigh.

*hugs* hopefully you'll be fully recovered soon.

1 hour ago, Lagie said:

oof

but on the mend is good! :D 

{{hugs}}

Alright then Forum. I'm getting not tombstones, but the pages don't seem to want to load. I dunno. 

Anyway, @Lagie I hope things go well! 

Thanks, everyone! :)

The doctor also suggested I have the Shingrix vaccine which sent me into an almost immediate needle phobia panic attack, though she hadn't actually meant today. :rolleyes: Turns out it's $355 per shot (two needed). Eeps.

12 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Thanks, everyone! :)

The doctor also suggested I have the Shingrix vaccine which sent me into an almost immediate needle phobia panic attack, though she hadn't actually meant today. :rolleyes: Turns out it's $355 per shot (two needed). Eeps.

I hear you about the needle phobia! My boss has it too so we held eachothers hand when it was time for our COVID booster. 

I'm sorry to hear you have shingles. :(

23 hours ago, AsymDoll13 said:

So far no NR... Welp. 

yeah, was a little sad about that

4 hours ago, Lagie said:

sorry to hear about your shingles, but at least it's getting taken care of.

I have a semi-needle phobia. I can't stand having a needle punctured anywhere from my wrist to the length of my forearm (on the inside part), meaning blood draws and IVs tend to be an issue (though I guess it also doesn't help that I'm stick thin so it just feels more bad)