Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

15 minutes ago, trystan said:

hope you can get an appointment for monday!

Fingers crossed! (Though I suspect it's too late for me for the antivirals, too.)

16 minutes ago, trystan said:

stuff expands to fill all available space.

It does! Good luck with sorting and packing.

3 hours ago, Lagie said:
3 hours ago, trystan said:

stuff expands to fill all available space.

It does! Good luck with sorting and packing.

thanks!

the good news is that i pretty much know most of what it all is. :) 

Anyone else just having one of those days where you're just exhausted? 

6 hours ago, AsymDoll13 said:

Anyone else just having one of those days where you're just exhausted? 

Eh... mildly for the last week. Mostly a combination of it's hot so I'm not sleeping well (AC isn't working, got someone coming to take a look on Monday) and because it's hot, I've got my windows open which means more pollen coming inside to make my (annoyance level, nothing severe) allergies act up a bit more than usual, which doesn't do any favors for my sleep patterns either.

Today's gonna be a killer, though. I'm taking my niece and a friend to the local Ren Faire today, so naturally, today is forecast to be the hottest day this week!

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and bacon and eggs*

Our skies look like pre-hurricane clouds, and I really hope it doesn't rain.

14 hours ago, Lagie said:

It ... wasn't.

Hide contents

We needed the 'bouncer' twice. Once to get an arguing pair out of the shop area, and again later to get that same pair away from the front of the shop where they were interfering with customers.

A lady brought a kitten to surrender. Surrenders are closed right now. One of ny volunteers had gone with the lady to do the surrender. They were told by the adoptions coordinator that if the kitten were left it would be euthanized. This is never ever ever to be said to a client. We are a no-kill shelter and it's been ten plus years of trying to change the perception that people have of us as a kill shelter.

I somehow cut the back of my right middle finger. Then, I managed to slice the back of my left index finger.

A coworker thinks that what I thought was simply hives might actually be shingles.

We still have people yanking price tags off clothes and removing price stickers from items, and other people digging through the incoming donations getting stuff that hasn't been sorted and priced yet.

It's 103 degrees F with the heat index, which is almost too hot for me who loves heat, and makes driving in my car with non-functional windows, and dead a/c, exhausting.

I'm sooo tired.

I'm so sorry Lagie, that's a rough day. I hope it's not shingles, those are awful!

We had a less than pleasant day as well.

Roe v Wade was overturned, which puts me in a mildly stressed headspace and makes me anxious.

It was 91 degrees out so in the plant is was HOT hot

I had to deal with a coworker mucking up my work area TWICE today

I hurt my wrist because of said coworker

and then the end of the evening was a cluster **** and we ended up staying over to fix issues and finish our run.

am tired and sore and ready for sleep. It's gonna be a long weekend I think

Edited by IzzyCat91

29 minutes ago, IzzyCat91 said:

am tired and sore and ready for sleep.

*hugs* Hope you can get some rest after all that.

4 hours ago, IzzyCat91 said:

am tired and sore and ready for sleep. It's gonna be a long weekend I think

Ugh! Sorry you had such a bad day. *hugs* Hope it goes better the rest of the weekend.

Getting together with our whole little family this afternoon for a picnic at daughter's swim club. It will be great to see everyone. We have not all been together except on Zoom since Christmas!

Expecting a new DC release this weekend, so trying to hold spaces open. Everything I have right now will be hatched by midnight tonight.

Edited by purplehaze

4 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Expecting a new DC release this weekend, so trying to hold spaces open. Everything I have right now will be hatched by midnight tonight.

Oh? I'm glad that I have nothing in my slots at all except a few hatchlings. lol

7 hours ago, purplehaze said:

yep, it's on my calendar, actually....

I didn't even consider a release.  Hmm.

So in another thread, I posted this:

11 hours ago, Lagie said:

Nope. I'm actually having a social outing after work.

And I have permission from @random_dragon_collector to show you guys this:

Screenshot_20220625-190749.thumb.jpg.8962bf6001854e1270718b78db0e5af9.jpg

We had an awesome visit this afternoon here in Nassau! Her cruise ship was in for a few hours. We're at the humane society where I work. ;)

Random on the left, Lagie on the right.

I have a doctor's appointment Monday morning.

14 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot_20220625-190749.thumb.jpg.8962bf6001854e1270718b78db0e5af9.jpg

We had an awesome visit this afternoon here in Nassau! Her cruise ship was in for a few hours. We're at the humane society where I work. ;)

Random on the left, Lagie on the right.

oh NICE!! glad you had a great visit!

i worked from 12:30 to 5, picked up dinner, futzed around with my email and now i'm here.

AsymDoll: generally, if it's not a special month (February, May, October, and December), the release is the 4th sunday of the month.  generally. XD 

Whew. It's hot in this house. I haven't heard the air come on in quite some time. 

1 hour ago, Lagie said:

Yay! Glad you were able to get together. I had heard from random that you were planning that, if it worked out.

We had a very nice afternoon with the family! Son, daughter, granddaughter and I went into the pool to cool off. Felt wonderful since the humidity here was awful today.

Then we had burgers and dogs on the grill and I had made a cake in honor of daughter's birthday, which is Tuesday.

12 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

We had a very nice afternoon with the family! Son, daughter, granddaughter and I went into the pool to cool off

Nice! I went for a swim when I got back here today. (Good way to decontaminate. ;) )

14 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Oh? o,o

mayhap I keep that in mind. with my weird "dragon picking" method, I'm due for a cave egg

22 hours ago, Lagie said:

*hugs* Hope you can get some rest after all that.

20 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Ugh! Sorry you had such a bad day. *hugs* Hope it goes better the rest of the weekend.

Getting together with our whole little family this afternoon for a picnic at daughter's swim club. It will be great to see everyone. We have not all been together except on Zoom since Christmas!

Thank you both, it was moderately better today but I am still tired and sore lol. one more day and I can rest a bit. I need to make sure I call Monday and have the landlord send someone out to check the vent in our bedroom because the central air is not reaching it and it's HOT.

@Lagie @random_dragon_collector Yay for visits!

Yay for potential new release!

My slots are 90% empty so I should be ok if there is a release.

Off to eat my food and head to bed. Have a great day all.

7 hours ago, random_dragon_collector said:

Had such a great time with Lagie today!  Loved seeing the Humane society and a tour of the area!  Thanks again, Lagie! :D 

You're welcome! :D

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and Belgian waffles with strawberries and whipped cream*

Still 'hurricane clouds' here (which means it's sunny but through high flat stripey clouds that I tend to associate with oncoming storms, though there's nothing out there nearby at the moment). I'm having lunch with my dad again today.

Yum! Sunday waffles! ;)

Well, no new release, but I am not filling those scroll spaces just yet. TJ is a tricky one and doesn't like to become too predictable.

Bright and sunny (and will be hot and humid) today.

Tree guy will be coming today to finish up grinding the stump and finishing up the rest of the work. One of his workers picked up the replacement tree from the garden center yesterday and delivered it -- the place isn't open on Sunday.

Glad you're finally making progress with those tree guys!

I wonder if the dog would sleep if I slept. :P

18 minutes ago, AsymDoll13 said:

Did we get a NR last night? Did I miss it? lol

Nope. TJ is messing with us again. Maybe tonight?