Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

Good morning, CPA!

10 minutes ago, Lagie said:

I have someone coming to see the 12-seater dining table today. Fingers crossed it sells!

🤞 Hope they love it! I'm sure it is taking up a lot of real estate in your shop. And I guess not everyone needs one of those.

Cloudy here this morning and I think it is supposed to storm later. Hubby and I have some errands to run, including picking up my purse that I somehow managed to leave at my friend's house yesterday. Drove all the way home before I missed it.

Toppage! :)

Edited by purplehaze

1 minute ago, purplehaze said:

taking up a lot of real estate in your shop.

A lot, indeed! Everyone keeps trying to buy the twelve chairs but I want the set to stay together. Best part is, if today's person says no, I have a second person in the wings. Facebook marketing works, it seems.

Have fun with the errands!

https://dragcave.net/lineage/aI0e3

hi! i've had this tab open for a while.  i have actually been working! :blink: i know, right?

and i'm still stalking the Alpine, Desert, and AP for CB Nebulas, and an Antarean here and there.  they can catch up, it's fine XD

So it comes in threes right? lol. My phone screen went crazy last night and now... I'm using a friend's old phone. But it doesn't want to connect to the network? I'm gonna go crazy. lol. What a silly time in my life. But it's only going to go up! ^^ 

Up up and away! :)

Busyish shop day. I'm happy to be chilling with the dog now.

found a few Antareans in the Desert.... but no Nebs. to be fair, i didn't look every 5 minutes.... XD 

and both daughters met for brunch today, something younger daughter probably would have even thought of voluntarily doing like 10 years ago XD 

Spoiler

but apparently older daughter was under the impression that i knew for a few months (like since way back when hubby first thought of it) that we were thinking about moving, and i've only known for a few weeks. when i mentioned it to my mom, she said don't let it bother me.

but curious, i asked hubby about it, and he didn't remember the exact wording he used, he could have said "we've been thinking about it," since we've been "we" for like 29 years; he could have also said "i've been thinking about it," and older daughter heard "we." but, as hubby asked, what does it really matter?  when i mentioned this back to younger daughter, she said it matters because that means hubby lied (what? :blink:) and she has some reasons why he lied (she seems to think he's bipolar because of some of the things that have happened in the past, and we think his dad has been diagnosed as such as well.  hubby's now kinda miffed that younger daughter thinks he's lying, but it's not worth his time and energy to argue, because it doesn't fit younger daughter's narrative.

*sigh*

Edited by trystan

hello, hope everyone is having a good day

watching random pokemon videos with my bf.

@purplehaze I did the Melmont Ghost Town Hike in Carbonado Washington. Apparently they got rid of the original parking area so we had to find another place to stop over and start the hike (which was farther away).

Edited by WaterScorpion

25 minutes ago, WaterScorpion said:

@purplehaze I did the Melmont Ghost Town Hike in Carbonado Washington. Apparently they got rid of the original parking area so we had to find another place to stop over and start the hike (which was farther away).

I just googled it and that looks beautiful.

My friend and I hiked about 8 miles by accident last year and had to call her husband to come and get us because after all that we didn't end up back where we had parked the cars!

Wait... did I forget to post breakfast? :blink:

I know I've been having a rough day, but I didn't realize it had started that early!

I'm fine, thanks. I've just been tired and a bit fuzzy today, and a little short of patience with people telling me our prices are too high. Plus, rainy days leave the shop a bit chaotic inside as we can't put several containers outside.

*leaves salad fixings and assorted dressings*

2 hours ago, Lagie said:

Wait... did I forget to post breakfast? :blink:

I know I've been having a rough day, but I didn't realize it had started that early!

*scrolls up* yeah, you did.

{{hugs}}

it'll be a better day tomorrow.

1 minute ago, Lagie said:

*leaves salad fixings and assorted dressings*

salad? *eyes lettuce warily and snags some croutons and cheese cubes*

What's wrong with salad? :P

1 hour ago, trystan said:

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Lagie said:

What's wrong with salad? :P

eh, it's fine as long as there isn't a majority of greens... XD 

3 hours ago, trystan said:

salad? *eyes lettuce warily and snags some croutons and cheese cubes*

4 minutes ago, trystan said:

eh, it's fine as long as there isn't a majority of greens... XD 

You sound like my hubby. But cheese and croutons do not a salad make! XD

2 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

You sound like my hubby. But cheese and croutons do not a salad make! XD

okay, toss in some tomatoes and cucumbers too. :D 

On 6/22/2022 at 5:37 PM, purplehaze said:

My friend and I hiked about 8 miles by accident last year and had to call her husband to come and get us because after all that we didn't end up back where we had parked the cars!

oh noes. at least you got back safely.

@trystan why not a fruit salad? 

We had Cookie all week and took her home this evening....I JUST got a text like an hour ago from her mother saying she has lice, which is odd because she has been fine all week, we haven't gone anywhere until today and that was just to the store and to get food. She's 9, she couldn't have hidden it all week...so that leads me to believe it's from their house becasue she's been home since 9:30 pm.....That being said I have washed all the bedding now and sanitized furniture and the brushes are currently soaking (they needed it anyway) and I have check Ben and I and applied peppermint oil to scalps. 

It's always something with her mother everytime we pick her up or drop her off.

5 hours ago, IzzyCat91 said:

It's always something with her mother everytime we pick her up or drop her off.

My brother's mother had the same problem with pur stepmother. There was always something every time he visited our dad. (I'm kind of glad I grew up single-parented!) Hope you remain lice-free!

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and croissants with butter and jam*

Bright and sunny!

9 hours ago, Lagie said:

My brother's mother had the same problem with pur stepmother. There was always something every time he visited our dad. (I'm kind of glad I grew up single-parented!) Hope you remain lice-free!

She's suuuuper passive aggressive about stuff (sometimes out right aggressive with Ben but never me) I hate being the stepmom because I literally have 0 say in anything regarding that baby, but if it were up to me, we'd have her full time. I'd be willing to switch to day shift so I could be home with her at night. I may not be the best mom, but I think she'd flourish more with us.

So far so good on the lice front. All clear thus far and everything has been cleaned.

22 hours ago, trystan said:

It ... wasn't.

We needed the 'bouncer' twice. Once to get an arguing pair out of the shop area, and again later to get that same pair away from the front of the shop where they were interfering with customers.

A lady brought a kitten to surrender. Surrenders are closed right now. One of ny volunteers had gone with the lady to do the surrender. They were told by the adoptions coordinator that if the kitten were left it would be euthanized. This is never ever ever to be said to a client. We are a no-kill shelter and it's been ten plus years of trying to change the perception that people have of us as a kill shelter.

I somehow cut the back of my right middle finger. Then, I managed to slice the back of my left index finger.

A coworker thinks that what I thought was simply hives might actually be shingles.

We still have people yanking price tags off clothes and removing price stickers from items, and other people digging through the incoming donations getting stuff that hasn't been sorted and priced yet.

It's 103 degrees F with the heat index, which is almost too hot for me who loves heat, and makes driving in my car with non-functional windows, and dead a/c, exhausting.

I'm sooo tired.

@Lagie *hugs*

Sorry things were so bad today.

If you may possibly have shingles you should try to get antiviral medication if you can. It can make a big difference.

I will hope for a better day for you tomorrow!

Thanks, @purplehaze. :)

I'll give the doctor's office a call tomorrow and see if I can get an appointment for Monday or Tuesday. (Tomorrow is not an option as I cannot leave the shop short-staffed.)