Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

Hey all, sorry I have been so absent lately. I had a couple of days where I was under the weather and then Ben and I have been playing Ark: Survival Evolved with some friends and I have lost SO MUCH time to that game now lol. We got Cookie today and I have to get the house cleaned because my Mother and Brother in law are coming for Father's Day tomorrow...which was unexpected.

I don't have a reason for my absence besides just lurking. lol

Was talking to my mom earlier today, and I know right? lol

31 minutes ago, IzzyCat91 said:

omg trying to schedule with people makes my head hurt

I hear that! Trying to set up some family get-togethers for the summer and it is mind-boggling! And I have no life, so I am available any time! XD It is everyone else's schedule!

37 minutes ago, IzzyCat91 said:

omg trying to schedule with people makes my head hurt

Yup. Thankfully I'm not the one trying to organize a membership committee Zoom meeting; I just need to show up once the time is decided.

I will see my father for lunch tomorrow. The place I am house sitting is so close to his house that I will be able to walk to lunch!

my two nebs i caught the other day hatched....they sort with the Reds and Greens.

again. :rolleyes:

maybe when i get the next one or two, i'll put them on my spreadsheet with the Red and Green ones, and they'll be Blue and Purple! XD 

21 minutes ago, trystan said:

maybe when i get the next one or two, i'll put them on my spreadsheet with the Red and Green ones, and they'll be Blue and Purple! XD 

But they will know! XD

Just grabbed the last birthday egg that I needed to have my scroll goals of all them except the Scourges. I may send out some adventurers later tonight to see if I can get more of those.

6 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

But they will know! XD

of course they will! XD 

I'm still grabbing adventurers. I love the hooded murklings. :wub:

I'm just impatiently waiting for a hatchie to grow up so that I can finally finish a lineage that I've been working on for over six months. (Counting collecting CBs, might even be a year now.) I really thought these two dragons would breed more evenly when I picked them for this lineage!

Amusingly enough, the next lineage project - which I expected to have trouble getting the correct breeds for - IS breeding fairly evenly. 32 CB pairs have given me 15 2g pairs plus two of one breed. I figure with 16 chances to re-breed to try for the one I'm missing to make up the final 2g pair, I'll have a good chance of getting what I want.

Dragons are unpredictable like that! XD

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and Belgian waffles with strawberries and whipped cream*

Bright and sunny.

Please go vote! (Even if it's not for me! ;) We need more voters for a fair contest.)

Edited by Lagie
Adding link...

Thanks for the waffles, Lagie! :)

Daughter and her hubby are back from their trip to AZ. Got in at something like 2 a.m.! We did not volunteer to pick them up at the airport.

Our tree cutter guy did not show up yesterday to finish the work he was supposed to do. Never heard from him, either. Fortunately we hadn't finished paying him. Grinding down the stump and roots of the old tree is the main thing left undone and needs to be done before we can do much of anything else with that part of the yard. Paint me not a happy camper.

1 hour ago, purplehaze said:

Our tree cutter guy did not show up yesterday to finish the work he was supposed to do. Never heard from him, either.

Sounds like most of the workmen here. Sure you're not in Nassau? XD

And you're welcome for the waffles!

The dog and I are chilling upstairs. The pain in my back is making it difficult to focus on actually doing anything.

silly dragons, @catstaff!

7 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Our tree cutter guy did not show up yesterday to finish the work he was supposed to do.

oof, that's frustrating! 

8 hours ago, Lagie said:

Please go vote! (Even if it's not for me! ;) We need more voters for a fair contest.)

voted!

so... yard sale Day 2. not much. it IS Fathers' Day and Juneteenth, so.... yeah.

HOWEVER. i also posted my million pictures on facebook marketplace.... a guy came by and picked up ALL (660+) the cassettes!  and there's a guy coming by tomorrow to get some of the CD albums. so actual yard didn't do so well, but there's also next sunday and then the next weekend after.

also...based on the housing market and prices, it's looking like moving to Pgh is (most likely) in the future.  it's scary, because i've lived in the county where i am my whole life so far, my mom is about 35 minutes away, my inlaws are about an hour.... older daughter lives with the inlaws, younger daughter's boyfriend and family are here as well.  (younger daughter has said that if we're in Pgh when she has her school breaks, she won't be coming to our house, she'll go to her boyfriend's. understandable, she's 21.) 

on the other hand, new people, new city, new jobs (also scary, although my retail job is transferable).  i still have very mixed feelings.....

Hi all~! It's a beautiful, hot, Southern Father's Day here in GA. I met up with my parents at my maternal grandfather's grave. We placed flowers on it, and then I gave my dad a card and the last small bushel to put on his own father's grave (or his mother's grave, either/or). Then after getting back and sitting in the wonderful air con for a bit, my friend and I headed to get some Burger King (Whopper anyone? lol) and was called by my mother to say that they'd been rear ended nearby. The three people in the car (mom, dad, and a family friend) are all at the hospital to be checked over for whiplash and the like. What a day. I'm just glad that everyone is okay. Even my mom's car made it, but the other driver's car is apparently a little less... nice. But I think everyone is okay. Whew. 

Well, tree cutter guy did finally contact us a day and a half late with some tale of woe about the stump grinder and apologies (why not sometime yesterday? as he must have realized early on that he wasn't going to make it, if one believes his story!) Anyway he is now supposed to come next Sunday -- would have been Saturday, but that doesn't work for us. We'll see.

@trystan, glad to hear that your Facebook advertising did some good. Hope you can unload the rest of the stuff next week.

@AsymDoll13, glad to hear family is all okay. I avoid Burger King these days. I used to like Whoppers, but now they invariably give me indigestion!

@Lagie, sorry to hear you are still in so much pain. Hope you will feel better soon.

I love Whoppers, especially since my late grandmother adored them. lol. And thank you, I haven't heard from them in a bit, but they may still be at the hospital. ^^ 

Oh! @Lagie I'm editing this to add that I hope you feel better. I meant to post that earlier and totally forgot. 

Edited by AsymDoll13

13 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

@trystan, glad to hear that your Facebook advertising did some good. Hope you can unload the rest of the stuff next week.

thanks! and we'll see how it goes.  i also posted it on nextdoor tonight, too. :D 

3 hours ago, trystan said:

guy came by and picked up ALL (660+) the cassettes

Yay!

3 hours ago, trystan said:

it's looking like moving to Pgh is (most likely) in the future

Hope it goes well!

2 hours ago, AsymDoll13 said:

But I think everyone is okay. Whew. 

Whew, indeed. Glad all the humans are okay.

28 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Anyway he is now supposed to come next Sunday

Good luck!

Thanks, guys! Will hopefully have better back news after a physio appointment tomorrow.

1 hour ago, Lagie said:

Will hopefully have better back news after a physio appointment tomorrow.

yaay for better news :) 

in other news, my shoulders are sore when i get up in the morning.  i think i need to restuff my pillow?

edit:  also, as i posted on another forum, it’s looking like, unless a couple hundred thousand dollars appears out of nowhere that we don’t have to pay back, we’ll probably be moving out to Pgh before the end of the summer :blink: just for giggles, hubby’s read a few listings from Harrisburg as well, but i don’t …feel it, understand it. Pgh I’ve been to, so i kinda know where things are. Harrisburg, not at all.

Edited by trystan

hope everything goes well @Lagie '^'

*sigh* I really don't want to call home only cuz I know what my mom is probably going to talk about and I don't want her judgement/lecturing...

45 minutes ago, WaterScorpion said:

*sigh* I really don't want to call home only cuz I know what my mom is probably going to talk about and I don't want her judgement/lecturing...

Sad. Why do some mothers find that necessary? Thankfully, mine never did, although I am sure she didn't always approve of everything I did.

i'm not sure my mom approved of some of the things i did.... but i did learn that there were things i did that my parents actually wanted me to do - like living away at school.  and i think my mom's gotten much more accepting in her 70s. :D 

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and toast with jam*

Bright and sunny.

10 hours ago, trystan said:

we’ll probably be moving out to Pgh before the end of the summer

That's soon. Hope it goes well.

9 hours ago, WaterScorpion said:

hope everything goes well @Lagie '^'

Thanks! Three more hours...

And sorry about your mom. I got stuff like that from my dad, though he's stopped now that he's much older.

Morning toppage, page 761! B)

Edited by Lagie
Toppage!