Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

1 hour ago, IzzyCat91 said:

really hope they cancel work today.

Sounds like they need to. Stay warm!

1 hour ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

Winter precipitation missed here

You stay warm, too!

The sun is warming the day up now.

My fingers keep missing the right letters on my phone today.

10 minutes ago, Lagie said:

You stay warm, too!

But...but freezing to death doesn't cost anything!

It's like 1 degree above freezing...maybe. And looking at week of freezing nights.

I want to plant seeds, dammit.

Edited by Long_Before_Sunrise

No thought of planting even cool weather seeds here until at least April. I try to get peas planted the first week of April, but sometimes it is too wet. If I don't get them planted then, it is too hot for them before they can produce any peas.

It is warmer here and we are getting lots of rain today. The temps are supposed to drop drastically this afternoon and we may get ice instead. I hope not. I hate when that happens!

Stay safe and warm, everyone!

Got a lot of rain last night. Even some thunder! It's been crazy, this winter's weather. lol

Afternoon CSA!

We ended up with tornadic storms last night.  Today it is cold. 

I am actually not planting this year :(

We are moving from Alabama to Kentucky in May/June.  Whoever buys this house gets my built garden beds and I start all it all over there. I will miss my long growing season that I had here. 

14 hours ago, WaterScorpion said:

RNG-esus be like that.

Every.single.time. lol

7 hours ago, Lagie said:

They did not. Both our county and work's county are down to level 1 advisories, so we get to go in 😕 No wants.

14 minutes ago, IzzyCat91 said:

They did not. Both our county and work's county are down to level 1 advisories, so we get to go in 😕 No wants.

Aww. Shucks.

Rough shop day. But I survived and we did well money-wise.

Just found out today that a friend of my fiancé's is moving to town! My fiancé has been trying to convince this friend to move here for a while so it is a happy surprise. 

Only 18 days to go until the wedding! Hired the DJ today and we will get our marriage license next week. 

Congrats @BringsTheSnow

Question that I'm trying to get answered? 

Edited by AsymDoll13
Edited to add something.

2 hours ago, galleri said:

We ended up with tornadic storms last night.  Today it is cold. 

I am actually not planting this year :(

We are moving from Alabama to Kentucky in May/June.  Whoever buys this house gets my built garden beds and I start all it all over there. I will miss my long growing season that I had here. 

Oh, no!

3 hours ago, galleri said:

Ah, I missed this post this morning. Sorry you'll lose out on that garden this year after all your hard work. Have fun setting up the new one, though!

1 hour ago, BringsTheSnow said:

Just found out today that a friend of my fiancé's is moving to town! My fiancé has been trying to convince this friend to move here for a while so it is a happy surprise. 

Only 18 days to go until the wedding! Hired the DJ today and we will get our marriage license next week. 

Nice! On both counts! ;)

hi.

i worked 11:30 to 3:30, and did some errands before it freezes out there..... it was still above freezing when i got home, so all was good :) 

i did whack a pothole on my way into my neighborhood, and i apologized to my car. XD 

I took a test again on the 2, and yep, still got Covid. But I've been quarantined since the 22 of last month, and only went today out to get a couple of things, since I thought I was fine. Sigh... I feel bad. Sorry guys, but I wore a mask and didn't touch anything that I didn't get. 

40 minutes ago, trystan said:

did whack a pothole on my way into my neighborhood, and i apologized to my car. XD 

XD Yup. I apologize to inanimate objects, too.

(Finally snagged my first Friday gemshard today.)

30 minutes ago, AsymDoll13 said:

took a test again on the 2, and yep, still got Covid

Well, drat. I hope you get over it soon.

8 minutes ago, Lagie said:

XD Yup. I apologize to inanimate objects, too.

good to know i'm not the only one!

8 minutes ago, Lagie said:

(Finally snagged my first Friday gemshard today.)

woo-hoo!!!

40 minutes ago, AsymDoll13 said:

I took a test again on the 2, and yep, still got Covid.

oof, i'm sorry. hope it goes away soon!

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and bacon and eggs*

It didn't feel cold when I first awoke this morning, but when I stepped outside to feed the cats, I was shivery as it was cooler than yesterday. At least it's still sunny, as I'll likely be on gate duty at the shop today.

it's cold here..... but my bedroom is nice and cozy, but i got up and fed the cats this morning. and then i worked 11 to 3.  we were busy today.

It's cold, I was awoken at noon to move my car so my landlord can plow the lot (keep in mind I work 3rds so that was early for me) it was supposed to take 15-20 minutes, took an HOUR and I STILL didn't get to park back in my spot, I left it in the visitor area and went back to bed. I do not want to work today because I am mad at my boss (too long to type right now as I'm preparing to leave) and legit just don't feel like it, but I have to, so I am, I guess.

And I just weighed myself and gained 6 pounds of the weight I lost back. Today is not starting out on a positive note and my headspace is not a happy one right now. I could use some hugs and support, please.

I hope you all have a great day and stay safe.

1 hour ago, trystan said:

it's cold here..... but my bedroom is nice and cozy, but i got up and fed the cats this morning. and then i worked 11 to 3.  we were busy today.

So were we! 

It was a good day, though, even with only two of us at the shop for most of it (65 customers through in four hours).

1 hour ago, IzzyCat91 said:

Today is not starting out on a positive note and my headspace is not a happy one right now. I could use some hugs and support, please.

*hugs, and some brownies*

I arrived home over an hour ago to find some idjit in my assigned parking spot. The board member I contacted says I'm not allowed to have it towed. *pouts*

13 minutes ago, Lagie said:

So were we! 

It was a good day, though, even with only two of us at the shop for most of it (65 customers through in four hours).

i have NO idea how many customers we get in a day.  we were actually short-handed - there were three cashiers, a framer, the manager and a part-time manager person, and there were still people who needed to know if we had things in stock and a consistent line too. fun times.

rude of that person who took your spot... and rude of the board member! XD 

2 hours ago, trystan said:

i have NO idea how many customers we get in a day.

We hand out numbers, as we can have only five at a time and the adults in this country aren't capable of paying attention to who was in line before them, thus I know from the numbers I give out. There's a twenty minute limit so everyone has a chance to get in, and they are allowed to rejoin the line, though no one did today (one woman was in three times yesterday!).

My ideal staff complement is me, plus three others. Two is light. Today I had only one most of the day.

2 hours ago, trystan said:

rude of that person who took your spot... and rude of the board member! XD 

Very, and very! Though the lady was fairly apologetic when she finally did appear. I had to move mine so they (her friend was in next door's spot) could leave. I'd parked across behind the two cars. :P

i think we have a number...... but we've never needed.  and people can be in the store for however long you need.  even if you're there at closing.  we don't make announcements either.  ... i don't close any more. XD 

well, at least she was apologetic, so there's that...

On 2/4/2022 at 4:41 PM, BringsTheSnow said:

Woohoo!!! 

Yay to getting closer to single digit days for the wedding!

On 2/4/2022 at 6:19 PM, Lagie said:

Ah, I missed this post this morning. Sorry you'll lose out on that garden this year after all your hard work. Have fun setting up the new one, though!

Nice! On both counts! ;)

Yes! Now I can spend the next few months deciding on how I want to design this one!  :)

4 hours ago, IzzyCat91 said:

It's cold, I was awoken at noon to move my car so my landlord can plow the lot (keep in mind I work 3rds so that was early for me) it was supposed to take 15-20 minutes, took an HOUR and I STILL didn't get to park back in my spot, I left it in the visitor area and went back to bed. I do not want to work today because I am mad at my boss (too long to type right now as I'm preparing to leave) and legit just don't feel like it, but I have to, so I am, I guess.

And I just weighed myself and gained 6 pounds of the weight I lost back. Today is not starting out on a positive note and my headspace is not a happy one right now. I could use some hugs and support, please.

Awww Izzy! Big hugs to you! I didn't quote your other post, but I am sorry you are still positive. I think though you may have been ok not spreading it. Especially since you had a mask on and how long has it been since you had fever? 

So just a suggestion on the weight, my personal trainer told me to ditch the scale because it can be misleading, measurements are a better way to get success results. The 6 pounds could be muscle! <3 

The nice thing about a day.... is we can start all over the next day :) <3 I hope this helped.