Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

1 hour ago, galleri said:

So glad the actual person was ok!!

For me I have been a bit guarded over my real name.

yeah, i started out guarded about my real name.  but now i'm a 51-year-old married woman, i'm not worried quite as much. i mean, i don't have my last name or location on most of my social media (except for rav and facebook)

but yikes, stalking you for over 15 years? yeesh.

I am so sorry about your friend, @trystan. By this point, almost everyone I talk to knows someone who has died of COVID.

4 hours ago, galleri said:

For me I have been a bit guarded over my real name. I moderator an online game, and some of the players are vicious enough to dox or have a home swatted :/ I have been stalked by four of them over the last 15 years. 

It is ridiculous. 

@galleri, that is insane! I understand why you would be guarded about your RL identity and I hope you reported the stalking incidents to your local police. 

As for me, tomorrow is exactly 2 weeks until the day of my wedding. I pick up my dress from the alterations lady tomorrow as well. It is all coming together but I am so afraid I am forgetting something! I think I am going mad. 

1 minute ago, BringsTheSnow said:

I am so sorry about your friend, @trystan. By this point, almost everyone I talk to knows someone who has died of COVID.

thanks.

the weird thing is, when it was figured out who it actually was, i kinda only sort of remember their screen name. 

i know of two people who died from covid - my mother-inlaw's half sister; and my aunt's brother-inlaw.  that's an interesting relationship, as my aunt has been divorced for..... years.

3 hours ago, BringsTheSnow said:

As for me, tomorrow is exactly 2 weeks until the day of my wedding. I pick up my dress from the alterations lady tomorrow as well. It is all coming together but I am so afraid I am forgetting something! I think I am going mad. 

So much to do, so many details, but it will all work out. The important thing is that you will be married by the end of the day and everything else is icing on the cake. XD

12 hours ago, BringsTheSnow said:

As for me, tomorrow is exactly 2 weeks until the day of my wedding.

Lots to do! You'll be fine!

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and toast with jam*

Sunny so far. There was a wee bit of rain in the night but not enough to notice this morning. I only know because the 2:30 a.m. construction vehicles along my street woke me up with their reversing beeps. :rolleyes:

not so bad today - high is in the low 40sF, which seems to be about right for february.  thursday it's supposed to be in the 50sF - which is warm for february for me!!

Enjoy!

Productive, sorting and tidying day. But I've hurt my wrist and don't quite know how best to deal with it.

My goodness, I'm so tired. Had to take the mattress off the old bed, since the frame broke. Didn't finish that, but... whew. A mattress on the floor is all I need. lol

2 hours ago, trystan said:

boo! hope your wrist feels better soon!

Thanks. Me, too.

51 minutes ago, AsymDoll13 said:

My goodness, I'm so tired. Had to take the mattress off the old bed, since the frame broke. Didn't finish that, but... whew. A mattress on the floor is all I need. lol

Sleep well on the mattress on the floor!

We have a double bed (mattress and boxspring) and frame (with headboard) at the shop. I do hope it sells tomorrow as it's taking up space.

2 minutes ago, Lagie said:

We have a double bed (mattress and boxspring) and frame (with headboard) at the shop. I do hope it sells tomorrow as it's taking up space.

oh wow.  that could be a great find for someone.

you have any couches? we could use some. XD 

4 hours ago, Lagie said:

But I've hurt my wrist and don't quite know how best to deal with it.

Ouch! Ice?

1 hour ago, AsymDoll13 said:

Hubby and I slept on a mattress on the floor in our first apartment for almost a year before we got a "proper" bed.

10 hours ago, trystan said:

not so bad today - high is in the low 40sF, which seems to be about right for february.  thursday it's supposed to be in the 50sF

Yeah, about the same here. We did have some freezing rain overnight that caused a few morning accidents, but I didn't encounter any ice on my way to my dentist appointment at 9:00.

We do have the new bed, but... it was a lot. lol. Now my friend's back hurts, and my back hurts. I'm-a tired. lol

9 hours ago, trystan said:

you have any couches? we could use some. XD 

Not right now, though a few months ago we had two. One we sold instantly; the second lingered, went slightly moldy, and was sold for peanuts. :P

9 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Ouch! Ice?

Yup. And wrist splint (I have a set around from tendonitis years ago).

9 hours ago, AsymDoll13 said:

We do have the new bed, but... it was a lot. lol. Now my friend's back hurts, and my back hurts. I'm-a tired. lol

Hope you slept well and your back feels better today.

Good morning, CPA! B)

It feels grey today which is weird as there are very few clouds.

Today we're taking a guinea pig to the vet, so no new bed frame today, but that's all good. lol

7 hours ago, Lagie said:

Not right now, though a few months ago we had two. One we sold instantly; the second lingered, went slightly moldy, and was sold for peanuts. :P

eww, i wouldn't want a slightly moldy couch! :P 

1 hour ago, AsymDoll13 said:

Today we're taking a guinea pig to the vet, so no new bed frame today, but that's all good. lol

aww, hope the little one is all right!

Update on the piggie baby~

She's doing well. Very healthy, and it looks like a bit of eye irritation that gets caught in the fur, and it makes it look scaly and gross. She has another appointment next Wednesday. ^^ She's all good guys! Perfect health! 

1 hour ago, trystan said:

eww, i wouldn't want a slightly moldy couch! :P 

I know, right? But I guess when you're desperate, and the lady thought she could get it cleaned.

Busy day today. I'm tired.

Glad the guinea pig's okay, @AsymDoll13!

38 minutes ago, AsymDoll13 said:

Update on the piggie baby~ <snip>

She's all good guys! Perfect health! 

That's good news.

22 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Busy day today. I'm tired.

Hopefully you can rest and relax now that you are home.

I'm not finding many Valentine eggs in the AP that I want to keep. :(

3 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Hopefully you can rest and relax now that you are home.

Yes! Pencil puzzles and dinner and a smaller no-picture puzzle (as in no box, so I don't know what it will look like! I do them to check pieces and take a pic for selling and because I like puzzles :P ).

It's raining.

ETA:

Well ... I guess we won't be trying to sell this one. XD

Screenshot_20220209-192851.thumb.jpg.0a6331a76e3736c01eefbe58c17f953d.jpg

It's stopped raining.

Edited by Lagie
Adding image

Any Doctor Who fans here might want to check out this trade. :)

I really should be going to bed, but I am not the least bit sleepy.

17 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Any Doctor Who fans here might want to check out this trade. :)

I'm weirdly picky, and that's not one I'm picking

and I am heading to bed 💤

6 hours ago, trystan said:

I'm weirdly picky, and that's not one I'm picking

Ditto. But thanks for pointing it out, @purplehaze!

Good morning, CPA! B)

I do hope these grey clouds are not rain clouds.

New kettle. The instructions say to boil it twice, full, before using the first time and then to rinse out. With ... water? Haven't I just boiled two full kettles of the stuff? :blink: And the water that I use in the kettle is 'purer' than the tap water. Unless they just want it rinsed with water that's not boiling hot.