Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

2 hours ago, IzzyCat91 said:

I am over winter lol.

i get that - we're supposed to get rain thursday night into friday, and then friday the temps are supposed to drop from the 40sF to like 18F, with flash freezing. fun!  

i have to work on friday, and my plan is - if there's precipitation happening - i'm going to tell them i plan on staying my whole shift (i'm done at 3:30).... but if it starts with the freezing rain, i'm outta there.

2 hours ago, AsymDoll13 said:

Gods I'm so sick of coughing. I'm going to go insane. 

oh that's awful. i hate the coughing. ugh.

54 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Now that I'm home, the sneezing has stopped so it was definitely something at Clover's house.

glad your sneezing stopped, but boo for clover's home :( 

12 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

I might have to go shopping! XD There are some good stores in the area we will be going to. Sadly, I am not a person who really enjoys shopping.

i have two shopping modes: "oooh, let's look at everything!" or "i don't wanna - just get the thing and go home."

44 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

I might have to go shopping! XD There are some good stores in the area we will be going to.

LEGO Store? ;)

31 minutes ago, trystan said:

glad your sneezing stopped, but boo for clover's home :( 

Yeah. It wasn't as severe the last time I was there.

Brrr. It has gone cold again now the sun is gone.

8 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Brrr. It has gone cold again now the sun is gone.

yeah that happens.  it's cold here again too.

2 hours ago, Lagie said:

LEGO Store? ;)

Afraid not.

Craft stores (both Hobby Lobby and Michaels within a half mile), a natural grocery store, a book store, a Home Goods store, and a charity thrift store among others. But nowhere to shop for the jeans I need -- unless the thrift store has them, but they usually don't.

I posted some weeks ago about my disabled friend being in hospice care. I just got a call this evening that he passed away. Rest in peace, Jimmy. We will miss you.

Edited by purplehaze

12 hours ago, BringsTheSnow said:

Good morning CPA. Aside from it still being cold and miserable not a lot has changed for me. We are 3 weeks to my wedding today and I just got my wedding band in the mail. It fits! My fiancé's is just a hair too big however. It is close enough he might still wear it for the wedding day if we can't get one in the right size in time. 

Oooh. Congrats Snow, hope everything goes well and you have a wonderful wedding!

*tries to send Hawaii heat to everyone else* just take it

that being said, I'm only going to be here for two weeks more; planning on moving back to the mainland.

12 hours ago, trystan said:

i get that - we're supposed to get rain thursday night into friday, and then friday the temps are supposed to drop from the 40sF to like 18F, with flash freezing. fun!  

i have to work on friday, and my plan is - if there's precipitation happening - i'm going to tell them i plan on staying my whole shift (i'm done at 3:30).... but if it starts with the freezing rain, i'm outta there.

i have two shopping modes: "oooh, let's look at everything!" or "i don't wanna - just get the thing and go home."

Same, on both counts lol

11 hours ago, Lagie said:

LEGO Store? ;)

YES PLEASE!!

9 hours ago, purplehaze said:

I posted some weeks ago about my disabled friend being in hospice care. I just got a call this evening that he passed away. Rest in peace, Jimmy. We will miss you.

Oh love, I am sorry for your loss. Many hugs and lots of love.

8 hours ago, WaterScorpion said:

*tries to send Hawaii heat to everyone else* just take it

that being said, I'm only going to be here for two weeks more; planning on moving back to the mainland.

*Tries to absorb offered warmth, fails* Good luck and safe travels with the move!

So sorry for your loss. *hugs*

6 hours ago, WaterScorpion said:

@trystan I'm moving up to Washington state. unfortunately cleaning my apartment is a hassle u_u

Hope the move goes smoothly!

16 minutes ago, IzzyCat91 said:

YES PLEASE!!

I wish we had one here, or that LEGO would at least ship to The Bahamas.

Craft stores (both Hobby Lobby and Michaels within a half mile), a natural grocery store, a book store, a Home Goods store, and a charity thrift store among others

Plenty of choice then. ;)

Ladies' pants and jeans are our slowest sellers as we have nowhere to try them on!

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and toast with jam*

*shivers* Cold, cold, go away. At least it's sunny!

Good Morning CSA! 

*eats all the brownies*

*drinks a Monster*

So far it is a nice day today. Looking at the radar though, rain is coming and it has a cold front with it. BOOOOOO

Hmm I should change the plans of bbqing the pork chops now. 😕

Well back to doing that thing they call "work". Shhhh I haven't been really doing any work this morning. lol

@WaterScorpion Could you hire someone to clean it?

@BringsTheSnow Yay wedding! Can't wait to hear all about it!! 

9 hours ago, WaterScorpion said:

unfortunately cleaning my apartment is a hassle u_u

oh i totally get that.  moving house is much more fun.  and by "fun" i mean no thanks!

2 hours ago, Lagie said:

*shivers* Cold, cold, go away. At least it's sunny!

yeah, that totally sounds like winter here too! :)

also - AP.  celestials! argh! XD

1 minute ago, galleri said:

Well back to doing that thing they call "work". Shhhh I haven't been really doing any work this morning. lol

hehehe that sounds about right. shhhh...... XD

Edited by trystan

6 hours ago, Lagie said:

Ladies' pants and jeans are our slowest sellers as we have nowhere to try them on!

The Upscale Resale store actually does have "booths" of sorts for trying on. And amazingly enough I was able to find a pair of jeans that mostly fit me. And they only cost me $2.00 because I caught them when they were yellow-tagged at 75% off! What a deal! I actually did find a pair at Walmart, too, but they cost 10 x as much. The Walmart in our neighborhood only has the trendy ripped-up jeans, so I was glad to find some decent ones at that store.

3 hours ago, purplehaze said:

The Upscale Resale store actually does have "booths" of sorts for trying on. And amazingly enough I was able to find a pair of jeans that mostly fit me.

Guess we're not upscale enough. XD And yay for finding a pair! :D

7 hours ago, galleri said:

Hmm I should change the plans of bbqing the pork chops now. 😕

Nah. Enjoy the bbq. Send some this way. ;)

I've actually had Chinese takeaway for dinner, after a really seriously weird stressy day, culminating in a complete meltdown when my sweatshirt (one I've had since high school... and I'm 57) was not where I tucked it. Since I couldn't reach the volunteer in question, I started digging through outgoing donation bags, finding it in the second one I ripped open. I've managed to sprain my thumb, and if I had the coverage, I'd really prefer to stay home tomorrow.

*sips the Starbucks latte she also picked up en route home*

Me, too! I was all set to climb in the dumpster to check the garbage bag I knew had been tossed, but someone had shifted all the bags in the dumpster and I couldn't see ours, so I started with the less smelly stuff instead.

Me, too! Our dumpster gets very stinky very fast!

Happy stalking! Do you have your forest eggs yet?

i need to see what eggs are in the forest before i stalk there too.  if i don't get 'em, that's okay too. ;) 

Well... sun and moon-beam drakes. Your green critters. And a few others.