Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

i'm on my email the most, actually.  it also helps me keep track of what i've replied to and what i haven't.  everyone's got their own system.

so you need better music then!

I wish. It's not my music.

It stopped for a while and has started again.

okay, they need better music then. i don't mind it if a neighbor is playing something i like XD 

They do. Their live music artist sounds more like she's doing karaoke, and not very good karaoke either. Thank goodness for curfew.

10 p.m. to 5 a.m.

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and Belgian waffles with strawberries and whipped cream*

To Starbucks or not to Starbucks? That is the question. :D

Edited by Lagie
Added info

of course Starbucks!

it's supposed to be in the 90s here for the next few days, and there's a heat advisory, and ick.  i'm also working this afternoon into the evening, and the AC doesn't feel like it works. ugh.  at my office job, my boss said something about having breakfast with her hubby near the office, and they'll be putting in our window AC unit today, so yaay! :D 

and i have dragons hatching today! i'm stalking the AP (or maybe breeding) for Obidar Xenos that are unrelated to each other for Robin Hood and Maid Marian :) 

Yup. Did the Starbucks thing. Joined Julian, Maggie, and two dogs there and had a pleasant short outing.

Yay for a/c! I'm glad there's a breeze today as without it I'd be sweating more than I already am. :P

the fun with the "breezes" here sometimes is they're also hot ... and not very refreshing either. sometimes i think we're in the tropics too.

We had our first in-person church service in 15 months today. I was a little anxious, but people were being very cautious and well-behaved. I did wear my mask part of the time, but was seated at a distance from others, so took it off during the service.

We are supposed to be getting several days of that 90 degree weather here as well. Not a fan! Especially with the humidity. And we have air quality alerts, too.

1 hour ago, purplehaze said:

We are supposed to be getting several days of that 90 degree weather here as well. Not a fan! Especially with the humidity. And we have air quality alerts, too.

ick.  we have air quality alerts too - the air quility is LOUSY. XD 

we've determined you're about 2 to 3 hours away from me - i'm a little bit northeast of Philly :D 

Thank goodness our air quality (and quility, for @trystanXD ) is fine, though our UV index is off the chart. With no cruise ships we no longer get the line of smog at our waterfront that they created.

Good afternoon, everyone! I hear y'all on the heat. It's only in the 80s this week but I am very intolerant of heat and I love doing outdoor activities, so the heat and humidity really bum me out. I'll try to use the warmth as an opportunity to take my lizard outside for some sunshine though. I've started going on walks around the neighborhood while holding him so he can get sunlight and stimulation while I'm getting exercise, neighbors probably think I'm crazy! X'D 

16 minutes ago, Lagie said:

(and quility, for @trystanXD )

*sigh*

*looks at my title*

yeah, that sounds about right.

3 hours ago, trystan said:

we've determined you're about 2 to 3 hours away from me - i'm a little bit northeast of Philly :D 

And I am a little southwest of Baltimore.

I wiped out and took a nap this afternoon. Didn't sleep well last night and then the heat . . .

What kind of lizard do you have, Igloo? My granddaughter has a bearded dragon named (very creatively) Lizzie.

I have a northern blue tongue skink! His name is Kora, I've had him for nearly four years. We'll be celebrating our adoption anniversary on the 18th of this month! Here's a picture of him:

Spoiler

image.png.18bf4122f365a45fd64ae9691029badf.png

Edited by igloo9201

3 hours ago, purplehaze said:

What kind of lizard do you have, Igloo? My granddaughter has a bearded dragon named (very creatively) Lizzie.

my brother lives in Olney.... are you anywhere near that?

i'm glad i'm done work. it's dragon time! :D 

igloo - he's adorable!

Edited by trystan

5 minutes ago, trystan said:

my brother lives in Olney.... are you anywhere near that?

Olney is closer to DC.

15 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Olney is closer to DC.

ah gotcha.

and i'm stalking the AP for a black dragon, i hope to find a female alt! but i only have 1 Aeon that can precog - i get the others back in 2-3 days.  i wonder if i want to just go ahead and influence female - i have two of those that can influence, and a bunch more i'll get back over the next 1 to 4 days. hmm......

Edited by trystan
clarification

That's a pretty lizard @igloo9201:wub:  Can you just hold him in your hands when you're outside, and he doesn't try to run away?

. . .

I did not expect the AC and heater repair guys to stay here for several hours, walking in and out of the house and up and down the stairs (hopefully also working in between)...

I always feel like I can't really do anything while strangers are in the house. I'm just waiting until they're finally done.

Thank you @Confused Cat! When I hold him he usually just chills, sometimes when I set him on the ground he will try to dart away when I go to pick him back up but those stumpy little legs can’t take him far 😂 When he does that I think it’s mostly because large creature grabbing him from above = scary more than any real desire to escape. When I set him down he just sits there and enjoys the sun with me, sometimes he’ll even take a little nap!

Very cool lizard, @igloo9201! Mr. @Kestra15 is also a lizard person.

(That doesn't read well, does it? XD )

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and toast with jam*

Another hot day ahead. I'm fortunate that I like the heat and humidity.

I made it halfway and a bit through another puzzle yesterday. Finally figured out this morning the reason for the apparently missing edge pieces was my adding a chunk of the ocean under Australia to the wrong part of the edge. :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, igloo9201 said:

when I go to pick him back up but those stumpy little legs can’t take him far 😂

We have wild skinks living around our front porch and their stumpy little legs can propel them pretty darn fast! XD I have never really tried to catch one, just wanted to take their picture, but they spotted me and were gone in a flash.

Good morning CPA!

It is gonna be a hot one today and I have to bake cookies for church lunches. Way to go heating up the house!

Edited by purplehaze

Kestra is a Lizard Person? :blink: i mean, i just met him, and i'm pretty sure i thought he was a human....

the AC is on in my office, yaay!! it's cooled off in the hour i've been here, so it'll be cooling off in here and heating up out there.  and i'm leaving the office to get my lunch. ick. the good thing about my desk job is that i can wear shorts and my nice flip-floppy sandals! at my retain job, i wear jeans and have to wear closed toe and heel shoes - like sneakers. i mean it makes sense - don't want to drop a frame or something on my foot, right?

now i'm stalking the AP for another bred black egg or two - i'm hoping something gives me an alt! yeah, i could breed a few - i already bred one - but i hate waiting.  an AP grab can be hatched right away if i have Reds (i have 5 who can incubate right now), so there's that.  even if it alts and it's a male, i won't throw it away though. alts are cool. :D

53 minutes ago, trystan said:

Kestra is a Lizard Person? :blink: i mean, i just met him, and i'm pretty sure i thought he was a human...

See? I knew that didn't read right! XD

I like the black alts. I love how deeply black the hatchlings are.

Finished the puzzle. 1,000 pieces really isn't that much of a challenge any more.