Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

23 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Definitely Friday! I always know my days of the week by which volunteers are in.

i know it's friday cause my phone says so when i tap on the screen to wake it up XD 

wow, that IS a long time to update your computer! :blink:

And now parts of it that were solid are transparent and it looks weird. I'll have to see if I can modify that back this evening.

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and bacon and eggs*

I hope we do well today. I'd like to finish over 11,000 this month.

Good afternoon! My notebook once took eight hours to try and update, and at the end still failed. Ended up buying a more powerful laptop.

I have no sense of time anymore. I define the week by Day shift, Night shift or No shift! I wasn't even aware it was a bank holiday this weekend.

Edited by Kestra15

That is a VERY long time! 😮

Ah, well enjoy your bank holiday!  Ours is next weekend.

cold day today.  i worked 11:13 to 3:30.  younger daughter started work at 1.  she comes in and up to my register (cause i'm always on register 1.  it's short and i'm the only who likes it cause i'm short too) and says "when did it decide to be March out there?" i said "yesterday!"  it's been cold and rainy here today and yesterday, and supposed to be tomorrow too.  monday, the holiday, is supposed to be nice. XD 

in a little bit i'll (after i catch up on some tv watching) i'll be stalking the AP for gemshard eggs from thursday to maybe try to get another purple.  we shall see.  i get my egg slot back from the one my vamp killed yesterday in about another hour and a half. :) 

Cold?!? That's no fun.

Mind you, it's cool here for May, too, but not that cold.

It was cold here today, too, and rainy.

How was your shop day, Lagie?

It has been a very lovely November this month. Alice is still needing a blanket at night and the Amazons have two heat bulbs running.

10 hours ago, purplehaze said:

How was your shop day, Lagie?

It went quite well, thanks! We finished the month over 12,000!

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and Belgian waffles with strawberries and whipped cream*

*adds hot chocolate for chilly people*

The dog and I finally went walking on the beach this morning. The sea is flat calm and the water looks inviting.

Wait... November, Mr. Kestra? :blink: Glad I put that hot chocolate out!

Edited by Lagie
Adding reaction

On 5/25/2021 at 8:32 PM, Confused Cat said:

A propos of Gemshards and their new color system, do any other days have some sort of connection to the colors?

(I hope my list is correct, I just copied it from the news thread.)

Sunday - chaos day (any color)
Monday - Jade
Tuesday - Ruby
Wednesday - Sapphire
Thursday - Amethyst
Friday - Aqua
Saturday - Citrine

I don't see any really cool connections except for "Ruby Tuesday", but I'm trying to make up memory hooks

RGB-CMYK order would be pretty convenient and easy to remember, I think. Instead it's GRB-MCYK, which doesn't sound too bad?
GRB-MCYK

Edited by Lost_Unicorn

Just now, Lost_Unicorn said:

GRB-MCYK

Grab mucky kittens? XD

1 minute ago, Lagie said:

The dog and I finally went walking on the beach this morning. The sea is flat calm and the water looks inviting.

I love walking on the beach! Don't get the chance to do it often, though.

Glad you had a good shop day to end the month so well.

We got over 3 inches of rain yesterday and are getting more today. Yes, we needed rain, but it would have been nice to have it spaced out over the month instead of all in the last few days! I think it came too late for the grass in the sunny part of our front yard. It is kind of crispy and brown!

*grabs a Belgian waffle and wanders off to check out the rest of the forum*

Rain tends to do that. All or nothing. :rolleyes: It has been very dry here, too. All the median plants along the Goodman's Bay strip are dead.

With the wet and the grey and the cool weather it's certainly felt more autumnal than nearly summer. But it's bright and shiny today, Lover and I went for a walk to catch some Pokémon, and now she's going to be getting crafty with the last of the decorations.

I've even turned off the Amazons' big heat lamp to see how it goes!

Hope it goes well!

I'm home! I've completely unpacked everything, given the cats a snack, and now I'm wondering what to do with the rest of my day (aside from writing up my shopping/to do list for tomorrow :P )

Don't look XD :

Screenshot_20210530-104010.thumb.jpg.90984eb1a10013fa3e30b4c5d49fafe5.jpg

This is where I've just left to come home.

1 hour ago, Lagie said:

Don't look XD :

Well, of course I had to and now I am insanely jealous. XD No place like home, but still you must miss it just a little.

Beautiful :)

32 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Well, of course I had to and now I am insanely jealous. XD No place like home, but still you must miss it just a little.

XD It's a lovely spot, but I do enjoy home.

31 minutes ago, Kestra15 said:

Beautiful :)

It is, isn't it? :D

I've begun dismantling my 'around the treehouse' LEGO  creation. It's going faster than anticipated (so far).

i went shopping today - i'm having some family over for memorial day tomorrow - older daughter, younger daughter & boyfriend, my mom, and my sister-inlaw & nephew.  tomorrow is also younger daughter's boyfriend's birthday, and younger daughter's birthday is tuesday! on tuesday, i will no longer have any teenagers - younger daughter will be 20! :blink:

i'm making chocolate chip cookies as one of the desserts tomorrow - made them from scratch! :D 

some of my dragons will be growing up tonight... but the next egg that can hatch if incubated will be tomorrow morning XD 

2 hours ago, trystan said:

i'm making chocolate chip cookies as one of the desserts tomorrow - made them from scratch! :D 

Yum! It's been a very long time since I baked those. Enjoy your day!

My best friend's mum passed away during last night. :( We've been expecting it (she was 93 and fading), but it's still sad.

:( {{hugs to Lagie and your best friend}}

it's been a while since i baked them too, actually! easier to buy a bucket of them at the grocery store.

Thanks. I hadn't seen Pam in months due to Covid but had pretty much daily updates the whole way through from my friend.

True. But home baked are so much better!

Urgh. I forgot about parties at the pool at home. Only a dozen people but the volume at which they speak combined with the music and the rattling of bottles... 

Really sorry to hear about that Lagie *hug*

Edited by Kestra15

Good morning cpa!

anyone want some fruit toast?

i feel awful for you and your friend Lagie :[. I will bake you a cheesecake and send it to you two with the power of my mind.

What is everyone wearing right now? i'm wearing a hoodie and long pants (no shirt lol)