Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

got my shopping done, got a flea preventative ordered for Molly - she's 8 pounds the preventative meds are we have are for 9+ pound cats - Molly's a small girl! XD i've adulted this morning, and i have to be at work at 3 this afternoon for more adulting. ugh.

Edited by trystan
typo. y'all surprised?

Hope the adulting is going well!

The sun has given way to grey clouds and distant rumbles. At least the cat towels I hung out managed to fully dry.

I've been sorting containers (four of them of various sizes) of Lego, Duplo, and some Lego-lookalike. Thankfully, and rather unusually, some of the sets were individually wrapped with their instructions in plastic food store bags, making things a tad easier than usual. I did find the arms for one minifigure in a completely different container. XD

nah, i'm done adulting. i want to dragon instead. sit on my hoard of gold and breathe fire at everyone XD 

oh interesting about the sets.  we have a big tub of lego blocks that have all types - wheels, windows, doors, roof pieces, and lots of different shaped and colors of bricks too.  i'm going to ask my one sister-inlaw if my 11-year-old nephew would like them now.  if not, i'll ask my other sister-inlaw if my 4-year-old nephew might want them in the future.  if not, i'll save 'em for my younger daughter, who is planning to have kids sometime after her and her boyfriend finish school and get married. :D 

MASSIVE thunderstorm right overhead! :o

Have fun dragoning!

I keep finding more containers. And more pieces to one of the weirdest LEGO sets I have ever seen. It's a '4 Juniors' fire station with bizarre instructions and creepy figures. I seem to be lacking some of the bits for the trucks but most of the building parts are there. (I also threw out a barrel made of non-LEGO that I've since realized I have the rest of the set for... You think I can find it now? :blink: (Not so far... ) )

oh yikes.... t-storm and the non-Lego bricks!

dragoning is much more fun than adulting XD 

Storm rumbled until after I went to bed and I found those pieces this morning! ;)

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and toast with jam*

Quiet 'before the storm' feeling to today. Some sun now. I hope it's enough to dry the cat towels (again).

I've been told at least three vanloads of donations will be arriving at my shop today. *Do not go. Do not go. It's your day off. Do not go.*

Yay! We got our new refrigerator today! Trying to decide if I should bother writing a letter of complaint to the store manager or anyone about the problems we had. Probably won't.

3 hours ago, Lagie said:

I've been told at least three vanloads of donations will be arriving at my shop today. *Do not go. Do not go. It's your day off. Do not go.*

XD Let us know if that works!

Glad you found your pieces.

glad you found your pieces, Lagie!

how long did it take to get the fridge, purple?

nice day out there so far.

i hope they take my trash can today, finally. *sigh*

9 hours ago, purplehaze said:

XD Let us know if that works!

Glad you found your pieces

It didn't. :P Mainly because someone phone and asked nicely could I please be there. The three vanloads had been changed to a full box truck. The furniture would not have fit in the van. I was there about two hours so will go in late tomorrow.

@DragonSpirit009, I found these in with the last batch of LEGO:

Screenshot_20210614-203324.jpg.98c39b7bafcf29f0fb922dfca92a8950.jpg

We miss you and @Fortune86, you know. ;)

They still haven't come, @trystan?!? :blink:

Just now, Lagie said:

They still haven't come, @trystan?!? :blink:

they didn't take it on thursday, because it was too heavy.... because rain.

when they came by today, i saw the guy looking towards the house, so i went out to meet him.  he said it was too heavy, which i knew.  i asked if he had any suggestions, he said to turn them upside down when we're not using them.... but we're using them all the time. so the guy did the one, and then him and other guy did the heavier, water-logged one together. i have lids on them both, they're under our overhang on the little back patio.... and the trash can that was water-logged is the one we use for the goodie bags from the cat boxes, so eww.  but also that one will now be going around every trash day, no matter what's in there.  i told my hubby that when he does the boxes on trash day mornings to take the bag out to the trash can out front.

now it's completely pouring out there and thundering as well, which get me wondering, what if it does this on the nights i take the trash cans down to the curb? maybe i ought to just take them down trash day instead of the night before.

just thinking out loud.  it's all good. :) 

Around here, if you take the cans out the night before, they are highly susceptible to being toppled and strewn by roaming potcakes.

that code.... looks kinda Lagie-ish!

yikes on the dumpster!!

(also, got my Zyus figured out! the Black Alpine ones are confusing me.....)

Oh no about the dump fire! And I do miss a good thunderstorm. The UK just does not do them properly.

Adulting is indeed overrated. Back at work yesterday after two weeks off and I already want to go off again!

Honeymoon was nice. Not exactly Iceland as we dreamed of, but overall we spent two weeks off together which is probably the first time pre-pandemic, which is what mattered most.

Edited by Kestra15

10 hours ago, trystan said:

That's what I thought! XD Glad I wasn't imagining it.

7 hours ago, Kestra15 said:

but overall we spent two weeks off together which is probably the first time pre-pandemic, which is what mattered most.

Time together is always important! :D

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and toast with jam*

Heavy grey day. I hope the rain holds off. I'm going in late to make up for going to work yesterday.

We had some thunderstorms last night, but nothing severe -- although we had high wind and heavy thunderstorm warnings all evening. We did get quite a bit of rain. This morning is bright and sunny and the humidity is lower, which is always a blessing!

No special plans for today. Lots of housework that needs done, though, so maybe I will tackle some of that.

I am scroll-locked until sometime late tomorrow. I bred some dragons myself and then dragonpuck offered a couple of eggs on the Z Project that I couldn't pass up. I hate being scroll locked because it is boring to just sit there and watch your eggs hatch! XD

9 hours ago, Kestra15 said:

Adulting is indeed overrated. Back at work yesterday after two weeks off and I already want to go off again!

agreed! like i'd posted, i'd rather be dragoning XD

2 hours ago, Lagie said:
12 hours ago, trystan said:

That's what I thought! XD Glad I wasn't imagining it.

no, you weren't! :lol:

1 hour ago, purplehaze said:

I hate being scroll locked because it is boring to just sit there and watch your eggs hatch! XD

i totally get that.  it's also why i like eggs from the AP, because they're mostly incuhatchable if you have Reds, of course!  and while i'm not locked, the only thing that might happen with the eggs and hatchies i have today is my hatchies might gender.  and in a little bit, one egg will be at the time i put them in hatcheries. everything will either hatch or grow up tomorrow. bleh.  BUT - i have some breeding on my calendar for today - i really do actually have a spreadsheet page with a calendar on it, so i know who to breed when (times included), or who to bite when.... or when those dead eggs clear from my scroll *bad vampires!* XD 

8 hours ago, purplehaze said:

scroll-locked until sometime late tomorrow

Oops. No rush on the PM I just sent you! XD

I had a kind of unproductive day today. My two main to-do items were donation thank you letters and an animal head count. I couldn't do the letters because the guinea pigs and rabbit were in my office space while their area was debugged and scrubbed and the hay was making my asthma flare up. So, I thought, okay, I have to count anyway so let me go count, and it turned out to be a major spay and neuter day and almost half the animals were not in their usual spots while that was going on, so I couldn't do the count, either. I ended up doing more donation intakes at the shop and pricing a very few items before leaving early to make up for going in yesterday.

1 hour ago, Lagie said:

Oops. No rush on the PM I just sent you! XD

XD Tomorrow.

that kinda sounds like an interesting day though, Lagie.

today when i was leaving work, for some reason i thought tomorrow was thursday.  no, silly.... tomorrow is wednesday. yeesh.

47 minutes ago, trystan said:

that kinda sounds like an interesting day though, Lagie

Shop days usually are! ;)

I am thrilled that we have a couple of new volunteers who will be working on corporate memberships. I am sorely behind on my membership duties as the shop has been so busy.

well that's cool though.

i bred two of my Alstro Florets (not to each other) and got a purple Alstro.  i think i'll keep this one.  tomorrow i can breed the rest of all my florets.... maybe i'll get that elusive Wine/Peach Iris? XD 

I'm not even close to getting those. I figure I'll see what I can do when I get to my next house sit and proper internet (July 6th...).

when i've bred my florets, i get the Alstros. i usually drop them.  but now i also want a regular ol' purple iris to freeze for my lil' Flowers group marker.  i got a gold iris, but i didn't want that one. *sigh* i'm picky.