Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

1 hour ago, Lagie said:

Maja Lunde's The History of Bees  and The End of the Ocean. Jenny Colgan's Sweetshop of Dreams and The Good, the Bad, and the Dumped.

It's very tempting to start on those instead of finishing the book I am actually reading. XD (Miss Garnet's Angel by Sally Vickers)

:blink: i think i've heard of The History of Bees.  that's the only one out of all of those.

in september i'll be getting The Duke of Caladan, another book in the Dune'verse, this is the first of another trilogy that takes place between House Corrino and DuneThe Duke of Caladan came out last year, but i'll be getting it in paperback this year.  this year is when The Lady of Caladan comes out XD  Dune is one of the few book series that i own.  and then in november, the King of Koraha come out - that's the third one in the Archives of the Invisible Sword - the City of Zirdai (that i just finished yesterday) is the second book.

Y’all I just bumped into a fence while I was trying to park at work 😭 the car and fence are both fine, but oof. New driver problems..

51 minutes ago, igloo9201 said:

Y’all I just bumped into a fence while I was trying to park at work 😭 the car and fence are both fine, but oof. New driver problems..

Eeps! The good news is, if you're like most of us, that'll be the last fence you bump for a very long time because you'll be overly cautious about them for a while. (If it helps at all, I've been driving almost 40 years and still manage to bump one of the fences at work at least once a year :P but because I'm moving slowly fence and car, like yours, are fine.)

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and croissants with butter and jam*

It poured rain last night. Poured, I tell you! Thankfully, the new 'keep cats dry' setup seems to have worked so the cats are fine. The food bowls were full of water and mushy food. And today is sunny again. Crazy weather.

We had rain late yesterday and overnight. It is still rainy today. That is a blessing because we needed the rain and it is giving us a break from the heat.

Hubby and I bought a new refrigerator yesterday. Our old one is at least 20 years old and is not able to keep things as cold as they should be. We are supposed to get the new one delivered Saturday.

We also need to buy a new room air conditioner. This heatwave just made it obvious that we need to replace the old one in our bedroom.

i worked this afternoon from 1 to 5, and it was downpouring until like 4 this afternoon.

trash guys didn't take my trash on thursday, so i called.  they said 24 to 48 hours.  guess my trash cans are down at the curb all weekend.  and the trash can that was already heavy and water-logged got water in it .... again. *sigh* 

Water, water, everywhere, it seems, except Lake Mead which is currently at its lowest point ever. :(

Sounds like a plan!

Though the poincianas are stunning because it's been so dry.

You could send that rain to Lake Mead (behind the Hoover Dam).

They are! The one outside my bedroom window is making my bedroom and stairwell glow orange. It complements the painting at the top of the stairs perfectly.

ooh that sounds pretty cool!

we don't have any trees like that here that do that

It is lovely! And they're all over the island.

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and bacon and eggs*

Rain, rain, please stay away. It's threatening but so far hasn't yet.

ETA: Stoopid rain didn't listen. It's POURING now.

Edited by Lagie
Additional information

On 6/11/2021 at 12:07 PM, igloo9201 said:

If it helps, I had another car 'bump' into Mr six weeks after getting my license.

Back from honeymoon :) nice simple affair, bit of sightseeing at a garden and visited the Eden Project. Got 60hrd of work next week so sadly going back in at full speed, so have a lot of admin to do today and tomorrow...

Glad to hear the stay-dry worked Lagie, even if it remains very wet! It's mostly been grey and humid for us this week.

FB_IMG_1479812388342.jpg

Edited by Kestra15

My car swam along a couple of streets when I went to pick up two of my volunteers today.

Perversely (but thankfully) the sun did come out eventually so the shop day went smoothly, weatherwise.

I will NEVER understand why customers who are regulars who know we close at 2 on Saturdays, show up at 1:54 p.m.  *sighs*

That's a heavy work week, Mr. Kestra!  Hope you survive it!

Hmm. The water bent my licence plate. :o

Screenshot_20210612-170745.jpg.9d7cb74045e50b5a58fbe25d2226866d.jpg

Edited by Lagie
Adding image

Kestra - 60 hours? yikes!

Lagie - water did that to your licence plate? yikes!!

i worked in the middle of the day again, 12 to 5.  Lagie, i would have said the people who show up 6 minutes before you close are clueless, but then you said they're regulars....  so i got nothing.

also - last night i had 4 black eggs - and then when they hatched, one was an Alt!! hello, Regina! XD yaay!!

Rumpelstiltskin and Milah liked each other, however, my citrine gemshards did not. maybe next saturday.

i'm now wanting to think of a name for another Sino - i have more Zyus that can summon one!  some time ago i had a great name, and i didn't put it down anywhere (now i have a list of names i want to use for dragons when i end up getting them), so i've forgotten what it was. *sigh*

now to go stalk the AP for a yellow zyu

Edited by trystan

I have a notebook at the back of which are potential names. Do you think I ever remember to actually look there when I'm naming? :rolleyes: XD

I bent it back, thank goodness.

6 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Do you think I ever remember to actually look there when I'm naming? :rolleyes: XD

oh of course not.  that's way too easy.

i have my list right underneath where i enter new dragons when i get them, so the names are right there. XD 

Of course. ;) Right where we never look.

Blerg. It's Saturday live music night.

But... I'm sorting out the Lego that arrived at the shop this week so I am having fun in spite of the music.

yaay Lego! i'm catching up on my tv watching - i have a few shows from this past week my DVR recorded for me. :) 

I got a  haircut - I’ve had the same hairstyle since I was 8, thought it was time for a change.... years of hair-growing gone in 3 minutes XD

Long-time come, easy go. Did you donate your hair?

Enjoy your shows, trystan!

40 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Enjoy your shows, trystan!

i always do!

one of them was a season finale, and of course it ended with more questions for next season! i wonder if it'll start in the fall, or like january? we shall see!

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and Belgian waffles with strawberries and whipped cream*

Loud window-rattling thunderstorm in the night but the day is bright and sunny. I have a bunch of cat towels hanging out to dry.

Still don't have the refrigerator that was supposed to be delivered yesterday. :angry: Now promised for tomorrow.

Lovely day here, but supposed to get thunderstorms this afternoon.

Missed church this morning trying to straighten out refrigerator delivery, so will watch online later.

Ah, and here I thought it was Bahamians that were unreliable at doing things when they were meant to be done. :P I hope you do get it tomorrow.