TJ09

2019-12-19 - Holiday Event Begins

help, I'm confused. when I look at the breed lock page that is linked in the post, it shows I can have 2 of each dragon, and shows that I have 0 of these dragons, when in fact I have 5 or 6 and the cave is letting me pick up more, with the exception of last year's, it won't let me grab any. so I can pick up multiples of all of them except for last years?

You can have only two caveborn dragons of each. You can have as many as you like that were bred. How many CAVE BORN of each year do you have ?

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh 🙂 then that means all these dragons I have none were caveborn! that's why it's letting me grab them from the cave

The Holiday biome is pretty slow and blocked since yesterday as far as I noticed.

But cousin is frustrated at not having seen a single Starsinger he missed last year. The one breed that is not spawning or at least is not blocking the biome by now, I hear:P

Edited by VixenDra

9 minutes ago, Yasuda said:

I'm confused, how do you get the different sprites for the solstice dragon? 

You can get the Rosy version when the egg is bred between 18:00 EST and 5:59 EST latest?cb=20131228084719

and the Blue version when the egg is bred between 6:00 EST and 17:59 EST.  latest?cb=20141224210206

Edited by Shajana

3 hours ago, Desirai said:

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh 🙂 then that means all these dragons I have none were caveborn! that's why it's letting me grab them from the cave

You got it !

Thank you to anyone choosing to breed their messies for the AP! I know some people prefer not to send out messies, but some of us really appreciate it. I've found some very nice ones so far, including the last 4 Solstices I needed!

Waaaaa, I didn't realize I was egg locked, bred my holly for a 2nd gen and got an egg with this code SOlSt as in...SOLSTice.... and it got auto abandoned. T_T WHYYYYYYY I keep refreshing the page to try and see if I can adopt it straight from its page but apparently not. Gah I feel so bad.... In other, more happy news, I managed to get a CB of the 2017 holiday dragon which I missed.

~/view/ link changed to /lineage/ link~

Edited by purpledragonclaw

You can't pick up eggs you dropped till someone else has done so and then abandoned it. Bad luck.

4 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

You can't pick up eggs you dropped till someone else has done so and then abandoned it. Bad luck.

It's sad but I've accepted it. Oh well, maybe I'll find another cool code next year. I do have this lovely that I changed into a Zombie dragon this last Halloween: eDERP

13 hours ago, tjekan said:

I wish there was more to do. The week after Christmas is always relaxing and fun with a nice holiday event and easy eggs to pick up, but the week before is so boring for me. I cant pick up any more CBs, and I've already bred the only 2gs I want that I can. It's much harder to trade than on Halloween, and much harder to find low gens in the AP because the ratio of CBs to bred dragons is so tiny due to tight limits. Twiddling my thumbs waiting for eggs to hatch isnt my cup of tea.

But it is what it is. I have other things I can do, and I'm glad some people like it the way it is. 🙂

I wouldn't mind a week long event, I was just happy I didn't have to worry about grabbing more CB's. I wouldn't complain if I could have more than two CB Hollys. Working on a checker with Gold's would be a lot easier, though I've had some amazing luck so far catching both a 2G and 3G Holly from Gold checkers. Waiting for space is the hard part. I'd like to breed my Garlands with Gaia's and Silvers, and that's where the hassle comes in with the limit.

It has its pros and cons, but I'm not bothered by it too much. Trading is a bit more difficult this year. That being said I'd found a lot of nice things in the AP that I've tossed back because it's not what I'm after. :)

@DarkPhoenix1191 I was breeding some nice dragons the other night and an all number code was auto tossed. Out of over 6,000+ dragons I have I only have two that are all number codes. I heard "Taps" playing in the background somewhere. If anyone finds that Ribbon Dancer I hope you enjoy it. Or I can breed you something in exchange for it's safe return. :D

(Second edit) I love this forum. Two wonderful people have PM'd me offering to trade and exchange Holly x Gold lines. You guys rock! :wub:

Edited by Syiren

Hmmm...to release previous years CB holidays I foolishly turned into frozen hatchlings when I first got them so I can get a second adult...or not to release them...that is the question.  I wish there was an "unfreeze" option. XD'

Whoops.  I forgot about this until I checked into the cave yesterday.  Oh well.  I'm up and going.  :)

Edited by Library_gremlin

6 hours ago, Shajana said:

You can get the Rosy version when the egg is bred between 18:00 EST and 5:59 EST latest?cb=20131228084719

and the Blue version when the egg is bred between 6:00 EST and 17:59 EST.  latest?cb=20141224210206

Thank you for posting that. I had no idea. I was wondering why some were Rosy and some were all Blue.. Merry Christmas

5 hours ago, VioletWhirlwind said:

Hmmm...to release previous years CB holidays I foolishly turned into frozen hatchlings when I first got them so I can get a second adult...or not to release them...that is the question.  I wish there was an "unfreeze" option. XD'

I've been wrestling with that decision for as long as the holiday biome has been around. Every year I switch out some of my beloved old freezies for a new CB because of lineage breeding - this year I switched out my Tricolour Snowangel, which means only my WW freezie remains. (and Arsani for Valentine).

I copy their descrips beforehand though to give my new freezie for nostalgic reason.

12 hours ago, DarkPhoenix1191 said:

Waaaaa, I didn't realize I was egg locked, bred my holly for a 2nd gen and got an egg with this code SOlSt as in...SOLSTice.... and it got auto abandoned. T_T WHYYYYYYY I keep refreshing the page to try and see if I can adopt it straight from its page but apparently not. Gah I feel so bad.... In other, more happy news, I managed to get a CB of the 2017 holiday dragon which I missed.

You can temporarily change the name of parent dragons  asking for its return with reward.  Posting names in trades is not 0k but naming  is..ie :'Return to DarkPhoenis etc' and 'reward for return' or some such

Edited by Imzadi

15 hours ago, Shajana said:

Does this apply to Cave Borns too or just for the Bred ones?

I believe you can get either color from the cave, according to the same time window.

1 hour ago, Glaciarie said:

So can we expect another wall of eggs in need of help this time?

You mean the AP? I hope so since most of my babies haven't been there yet 😂

51 minutes ago, Jae said:

Does this apply to Cave Borns too or just for the Bred ones?

Sadly CB Solstices are always rosy-winged - there's no variation for the CBs, alas!

Edited by pinkgothic