TJ09

2019-12-19 - Holiday Event Begins

I'm so glad for the Holidays biome!  Thank you, TJ!  Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

8 minutes ago, JapanRocks said:

Why are all the biomes completely empty? Is it just me? I've been checking for 20mins

Sometimes the cave glitches and doesn't produce eggs at the top of the hour, which leaves the biomes empty for that entire hour. It's a known bug - not that this helps to make it any less frustrating. There should be more eggs soon (once we hit the top of the hour). :)

Edit: Yep, there we go. Much better.

Edited by pinkgothic

Happy Holidays everyone!

My scroll is almost locked with trades, but I might troll the AP for that last slot to see what I can find. XD

2 hours ago, olympe said:

As long as "taking care" does *not* involve logging into your account. Checking your eggs and adding them to a hatchery or even taking them out of one is acceptable. Logging into your account to fog eggs isn't. Catching or breeding eggs for you on your account or accepting teleports on your account most definitely isn't acceptable and can get you banned.

I'd suggest hunting in the AP only and using Ward on each new egg you get, maybe even Incubate if you can. Then let your friend handle putting your eggs into hatcheries after 24 hours. This way, both your account and your eggs will be safe.

If there's anything *breedable* you need, feel free to PM me with your wishes and a time when you'll be able to pick things up, and I'll gladly breed you whatever I can. I'm pretty much willing to breed most of my CBs on request.

Happy holidays!

I was going to answer the questions like this, but then I started to think... if the friend doesn't have an account themselves, is it still against the rules since no one would be multiscrolling? The Terms and Conditions don't say anything about two people sharing one account...?

Glitch?  I've been trying to get a past holiday egg and I keep getting told I've reached my breed limit.  Happened with a Abandoned egg and a Holiday tab egg.

It just occurred to me that maybe someone didn't like their code on a Holiday tab one and abandoned a cave-born, and I was just assuming it was bred, so that I should have been able to get it.  But if it was CB and in the Abandoned area, then I can't . . .   

Still, it makes me nervous to try breeding my Garlands and then not getting to keep one because of this.

Edited by lilbunniesdragons
Think I figured it out?

Yay!  Love this event.  The whole experience.  Some cheery light in the darkness... good fun during these long, dark, freezing days and nights.  🍻

Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas and a peaceful time with lots of love!

I'm excited for the new holiday dragon! Hope I can catch two of them next week!

9 hours ago, lilbunniesdragons said:

Glitch?  I've been trying to get a past holiday egg and I keep getting told I've reached my breed limit.  Happened with a Abandoned egg and a Holiday tab egg.

It just occurred to me that maybe someone didn't like their code on a Holiday tab one and abandoned a cave-born, and I was just assuming it was bred, so that I should have been able to get it.  But if it was CB and in the Abandoned area, then I can't . . .   

Still, it makes me nervous to try breeding my Garlands and then not getting to keep one because of this.

It just means you've been trying to grab a CB that someone has abandoned; don't worry, any eggs you breed will be fine.

How long does the holiday wall stay after the breeding stops on 25th? Just trying to count if I can get everything I want this year😄

I don't know why but I'm so so much more excited for christmas than I was for halloween this year!

It stays as long as it stays. Depends how many eggs are bred and how many people want them, basically.

Happy holidays! 

@Bamboomonkey

The wall usually stays some days after Christmas breeding stops. Fortunately Christmas only has two breeds (Holly and Mistletoe) where you need to influence the eggs to be sure to get the proper result, so even if the wall runs down to below 3 days, you can still safely snatch most eggs.

By the way, this Christmas event I finally decided to breed my Mistletoe and Holly dragons early, so that they will likely be snatched up while there is ample time to influence them. Plus I remembered to breed my Blue Solstices at the proper time so that the eggs will turn blue, too!  Yay!

Happy Holidays, everyone!

I’m scroll-locked with AP goodies and have yet to catch my first two CBs! Hope I can get them in time.

Very interested to see what the new dragon will be this year. Also wonder whether the event will be something completely new or a continuation of something we have seen before. I really like the kind that you can put as much or as little time into as you like (or as you are able) and don't lose out.

I'm scroll locked with my first set of bred eggs, most of which were trades. I kind of wish the event started when breeding starts. I know people are busy then -- I am busy! -- but I also can't do much of anything with the game while my scroll is locked. Ordinarily I would breed for the AP while locked, but I'm pretty sure anything that gets abandoned now will just die behind the wall of holiday eggs. :(

I am (finally) egglocked with holiday eggs! I picked up a few at the very beginning of breeding that I ended up re-abandoning later when I started finding more of what I actually wanted, so I haven't really been locked until now. 6 hours until my first holiday egg hatches!

this is my first holiday event on dragcave. it's a lot less chaotic than halloween because of the breed limit. it's kind of nice

Edited by iwazaruscof

The holiday cave is always empty! I cant wait to see the new dragon and events this year :3

I breed holidays if anyone wants any!

3 hours ago, iwazaruscof said:

this is my first holiday event on dragcave. it's a lot less chaotic than halloween because of the breed limit. it's kind of nice

def agree with you there. I got my complete set of CB's last year for all of them and this year is a LOT more relaxing because of it. now I'm just poking my first batch trying to get them to hatch faster.

5 hours ago, Syiren said:

def agree with you there. I got my complete set of CB's last year for all of them and this year is a LOT more relaxing because of it. now I'm just poking my first batch trying to get them to hatch faster.

I wish there was more to do. The week after Christmas is always relaxing and fun with a nice holiday event and easy eggs to pick up, but the week before is so boring for me. I cant pick up any more CBs, and I've already bred the only 2gs I want that I can. It's much harder to trade than on Halloween, and much harder to find low gens in the AP because the ratio of CBs to bred dragons is so tiny due to tight limits. Twiddling my thumbs waiting for eggs to hatch isnt my cup of tea.

But it is what it is. I have other things I can do, and I'm glad some people like it the way it is. 🙂

Edited by tjekan