Kaini

Neglected Dragons

36 minutes ago, mishhelle said:

you can’t use stun on eggs, only hatchlings. 

@raigrthe experiment was done with an incubated egg that was teleported to a designated catcher once it turned green. teleport removes the incubate bsa, therefore giving the neglected egg another day. 

Ah my bad, I did not know that.

Well, that is a much better alternative :)

Okay, if I did my math right I should have an experiment to run with ToD at...  Cave time would be 12:41:40 on the 16th?

Would anybody be available to help catch so I can try to make it an ungendered?  (It's been Incubated as well, since I don't think that interferes...)

I've got a Male adult and a Female hatchling now and would love to try and complete the adult sprite set

ATTEMPT 3 SUCCESSFULLY BOUNCED!  I can finally get that ungendered sprite lol

Edited by KageSora

finally got around to attempting my own & got it on my 3rd try! it was a CB brimstone i grabbed from the AP. didn't even see it turn, it hatched neglected at s4. so excited for my first ever neglected!!! ❤️

i was on autopilot & accidentally abandoned my ND experiment RIP 😭 still had 4 days left so not a huge loss, but i still feel like a dummy ><

Edited by raigr

After my last attempt at neglecteds going so wrong (I've just looked at my post, it was June last year), I decided to have a rest.

Last night I had four attempts.  I did what had always worked for me, in hope that whatever went wrong was okay now.  I put my dragon in FART at 3 minute 30 seconds, and while that was going on, I put them in the eight auto refresh pages I had opened.

It was just the same BUT - something I noticed this time was that once the egg got to stage 3, it stopped refreshing. (Even though I was watching it refresh - it just wasn't registering.)  No more views at all, the number on my scroll for all views stayed the same.  That happened twice.

For the last two, I set them off in the auto refresher pages first, and then put them in FART.  Heaven knows why, but that made something work properly and I got two neglected hatchies.

I have no idea what to think about all that.

45 minutes ago, Quinney said:

It was just the same BUT - something I noticed this time was that once the egg got to stage 3, it stopped refreshing. (Even though I was watching it refresh - it just wasn't registering.)  No more views at all, the number on my scroll for all views stayed the same.  That happened twice.

For every one unique view an egg or hatchie can get a max of 15 views. If your eggs maxed out on views they can't get any more - e.g. if your egg has 83 UV's it can only have 1.245 views max. Maybe that's what happened with your eggs?

1 hour ago, Quinney said:

Also, you egg can still turn neglected even if its OV isn't changing, as long as you're blasting it with auto refresher. Most of my eggs turned that way: since I usually go the coordinate with friend and teleport catch route, my eggs always start with way less UV and they max out OV in fart very quickly. A lot of them still turned after OV is maxed. That you got both of those unturned is probably just a luck thing (or if you stopped refreshing after you saw the view isn't increasing anymore, that's the wrong thing to do but I can see if you don't know it can still turn you might've done that)

2 hours ago, rinoa26 said:

For every one unique view an egg or hatchie can get a max of 15 views. If your eggs maxed out on views they can't get any more - e.g. if your egg has 83 UV's it can only have 1.245 views max. Maybe that's what happened with your eggs?

I hear you, but in the days before FART when trying, I'm sure both views and UV's went on and on.  Certainly more than I've been getting since using FART.  My head's beginning to hurt with all this!

1 hour ago, Moriaty said:

Also, you egg can still turn neglected even if its OV isn't changing, as long as you're blasting it with auto refresher. Most of my eggs turned that way: since I usually go the coordinate with friend and teleport catch route, my eggs always start with way less UV and they max out OV in fart very quickly. A lot of them still turned after OV is maxed. That you got both of those unturned is probably just a luck thing (or if you stopped refreshing after you saw the view isn't increasing anymore, that's the wrong thing to do but I can see if you don't know it can still turn you might've done that)

I didn't stop it, just stared in bewilderment because I didn't know what was (or wasn't) happening.  I didn't know that they could still turn in those circumstances, my limited experience of that happening has just been stage 3 and then death.  If I see stage 4, a potential hatchie ready to pop out, that's when I get my hopes up!

Somewhere, something is different.  I'm using the same machine, same ISP, same method that got me four/five neglected hatchies at once but now it's not working that way for me anymore.  I'm back to the drawing board and it's just very strange.

9 hours ago, Quinney said:

I hear you, but in the days before FART when trying, I'm sure both views and UV's went on and on.

I'm assuming you were using hatcheries before FART days. I don't know if you still use hatcheries, but whether they keep gaining UVs completely depends on the hatchery and whether people are adding dragons while you're neglecting. If you use only FART UVs won't go up, and if you use hatcheries it's a matter of luck whether they keep going up to make OVs go up.

Otherwise, I don't know what's happening on your end but possible problems may include; doing too many exps simultaneously which cuts down how many turn; using too high a number of instances which makes it overloaded and refresh less; using too low a number of instances which decreases the chance it can turn; leaving hatcheries open while doing the exp which gives resources to hatcheries instead of FART; or your internet has just decided to be bad.

1 hour ago, Shadowdrake said:

I'm assuming you were using hatcheries before FART days. I don't know if you still use hatcheries, but whether they keep gaining UVs completely depends on the hatchery and whether people are adding dragons while you're neglecting. If you use only FART UVs won't go up, and if you use hatcheries it's a matter of luck whether they keep going up to make OVs go up.

Otherwise, I don't know what's happening on your end but possible problems may include; doing too many exps simultaneously which cuts down how many turn; using too high a number of instances which makes it overloaded and refresh less; using too low a number of instances which decreases the chance it can turn; leaving hatcheries open while doing the exp which gives resources to hatcheries instead of FART; or your internet has just decided to be bad.

Yes, fair enough, before FART I gave them the last 30 seconds in Valley Sherwood.  It doesn't make any difference to my current problem, though.  I'm pretty sure the too many simultaneously explanation isn't the answer either.  Before the problem occured last June I'd spent a few months between new releases getting 8 eggs (by the way, all eggs have been 2G Zyu's) together with 10 minute intervals between each one. The success rate with FART and eight auto pages was brilliant, 4/5 turns each time with eggs going past stage 3. 

Anyway, as you said, there could be a number of reasons behind it, I'll probably never know.  I'll just keep on experimenting and leave you in peace.  Thanks for your help.

11 hours ago, Quinney said:

Yes, fair enough, before FART I gave them the last 30 seconds in Valley Sherwood.  It doesn't make any difference to my current problem, though.  I'm pretty sure the too many simultaneously explanation isn't the answer either.  Before the problem occured last June I'd spent a few months between new releases getting 8 eggs (by the way, all eggs have been 2G Zyu's) together with 10 minute intervals between each one. The success rate with FART and eight auto pages was brilliant, 4/5 turns each time with eggs going past stage 3. 

Anyway, as you said, there could be a number of reasons behind it, I'll probably never know.  I'll just keep on experimenting and leave you in peace.  Thanks for your help.

It could be that your computer or one of the sites themselves is just slower, but honestly, it doesn't matter why. You are making this a whole lot more difficult for yourself than it needs to be. I have basically 100% success rate nowadays (I only get dead eggs when I literally forget about them) and only use one single FART tab. You need nothing more. If you have FART open and you switch tabs, you might be missing out on some refreshes. Now imagine how much worse that is when you have 8 tabs open. That's crazy unnecessary and only strains your device which can make your experiment fail. 

Whatever egg it is, have it preloaded with 115-120 UVs, the overall views just need to be low enough for it not to hatch. 2-3 minutes before death, put it in fart at 30 instances (it should work with lower too, I just like this number personally) at adaptive rate, click the disable views checkbox, and start refreshing. Within the last minute, it'll turn. If the overall views are higher (like on a zyu or other 'stubborn' breed) it might just insta-hatch when turning, but if not, just deselect the disable views checkbox as soon as it turns. It'll get enough views to hatch.

I literally just turned an egg this way that I hadn't even timed. I had one FART tab open on my phone for like 20 minutes until it turned lol. Trust the method.

13 hours ago, MissK. said:

It could be that your computer or one of the sites themselves is just slower, but honestly, it doesn't matter why. You are making this a whole lot more difficult for yourself than it needs to be. I have basically 100% success rate nowadays (I only get dead eggs when I literally forget about them) and only use one single FART tab. You need nothing more. If you have FART open and you switch tabs, you might be missing out on some refreshes. Now imagine how much worse that is when you have 8 tabs open. That's crazy unnecessary and only strains your device which can make your experiment fail. 

Whatever egg it is, have it preloaded with 115-120 UVs, the overall views just need to be low enough for it not to hatch. 2-3 minutes before death, put it in fart at 30 instances (it should work with lower too, I just like this number personally) at adaptive rate, click the disable views checkbox, and start refreshing. Within the last minute, it'll turn. If the overall views are higher (like on a zyu or other 'stubborn' breed) it might just insta-hatch when turning, but if not, just deselect the disable views checkbox as soon as it turns. It'll get enough views to hatch.

I literally just turned an egg this way that I hadn't even timed. I had one FART tab open on my phone for like 20 minutes until it turned lol. Trust the method.

I'll just say this. I've got 62 neglected dragons that I made (can't help it, I love them!) on my scroll by using the method with both FART and the eight tabs.  Up until that day last year, my method did not have a problem. Oh, and just for the record, I always incubate them.

I will get more experiments underway tonight using the method you set out.  I give my eggs the same amount of views that you do anyway.  I will trust the method.  Watch this space!

@MissK.  I trusted the method and got 3/4.  It would probably have been four, but I forgot to enable views early enough.  I must say it's scary waiting for a green egg to hatch, all my others have been insta-hatchies.  I did experiment with doing 35 instances and a few more views, and that gave me a insta-hatchie. 

I have four more that will be ready on Saturday night.  I'm hopeful again now, so thank you very much!

40 minutes ago, Quinney said:

@MissK.  I trusted the method and got 3/4.  It would probably have been four, but I forgot to enable views early enough.  I must say it's scary waiting for a green egg to hatch, all my others have been insta-hatchies.  I did experiment with doing 35 instances and a few more views, and that gave me a insta-hatchie. 

I have four more that will be ready on Saturday night.  I'm hopeful again now, so thank you very much!

Glad it worked out well enough! If you prefer insta-hatching, you can stick to using zyus and other sturdy eggs. Then you can give them some more views from the start since they won't hatch before turning. :)

34 minutes ago, MissK. said:

Glad it worked out well enough! If you prefer insta-hatching, you can stick to using zyus and other sturdy eggs. Then you can give them some more views from the start since they won't hatch before turning. :)

Thanks, I always use 2G zyus so I'll give more views.  🙂

On 11/4/2023 at 1:53 PM, Shadowdrake said:

@StarKaabi You can probably find a few cb Halloween eggs still in ap, since they're only on the 30th. I recommend making use of FART's no views refresh. Here's steps for how I usually do it:

1) pick up cb egg, time it.

2) give it views slowly, with a low UV:V ratio, until it has between 116 UV to 130 UV and less than 400 OV. Strongly recommend using AOND's non ER hatchery. Keep out of ERs or only place for a few minutes at most to minimize OVs

3) During EXP, turn on Disable Views setting so it won't hatch prematurely. Use ~25-50 instances at .25 refresh interval. 

4) When it turns, turn off Disable Views so it can hatch. This should take only ~10 seconds or less to pop.

Hello,

I've been away from the game for a while. So, are you saying that if I grab an egg from the cave, I should get it to 116-130 UV before I fog it? And then keep it fogged right before TOD and add it to the hatcheries from there?

Thanks. 

8 hours ago, Spyder said:

I've been away from the game for a while. So, are you saying that if I grab an egg from the cave, I should get it to 116-130 UV before I fog it? And then keep it fogged right before TOD and add it to the hatcheries from there?

Close, but not quite. Have you read Lushwave's guide yet? It'll tell you which species you want to pick up. They're easier to make into neglected hatchlings than regular dragons.

You only need hatcheries for the 116+ UVs, you don't want them in any hatcheries during the experiment because there's a better tool for neglecting: FART

On 2/5/2024 at 10:46 AM, Shadowdrake said:

Close, but not quite. Have you read Lushwave's guide yet? It'll tell you which species you want to pick up. They're easier to make into neglected hatchlings than regular dragons.

You only need hatcheries for the 116+ UVs, you don't want them in any hatcheries during the experiment because there's a better tool for neglecting: FART

Awesome, thanks! I just picked up 4 of the specific eggs from the cave and fogged them after getting the recommended UV's. Hopefully my luck will be good in a week. 

Alright, my attempt to get a Cave-biome Neglected is finally underway. I'll be using whatever Valentine's dragon I can grab—I've just one question. Seeing as I doubt the Valentine's eggs fall under any sort of "stubborn" category, would around ~120 UV still work for them as long as the OV is low, or would that still be too many UV? I always use Brims/Luminae/Nhiostrifes or Zyus for my experiments so I haven't got any experience with significantly-less-stubborn eggs, haha.

On 1/25/2024 at 3:02 PM, MissK. said:

so we don't want the views until it turns? What does FART do when it's not accumulating views? is it just to keep an eye on it?

3 hours ago, zombiemoon said:

so we don't want the views until it turns? What does FART do when it's not accumulating views? is it just to keep an eye on it?

You know how when you're on your scroll page (the /dragons url as opposed to the user/[scrollname] url), it doesn't give views to eggs/hatchlings, but it can still make them hatch or grow up? Similarly, eggs can turn without actually accumulating views. When you're refreshing on FART with views disabled, it keeps triggering the chances of the egg turning neglected. This is safer because you don't run the risk of it hatching from too many views before it actually turns. So yeah, with common eggs try to keep the views low and blast them after they turn. :) 

But if you have a specific breed that is sturdy such as zyus (more are listed in the guide in the first page of this thread), you can also preload them with more views and then they insta hatch once they turn. 

1 minute ago, MissK. said:

You know how when you're on your scroll page (the /dragons url as opposed to the user/[scrollname] url), it doesn't give views to eggs/hatchlings, but it can still make them hatch or grow up? Similarly, eggs can turn without actually accumulating views. When you're refreshing on FART with views disabled, it keeps triggering the chances of the egg turning neglected. This is safer because you don't run the risk of it hatching from too many views before it actually turns. So yeah, with common eggs try to keep the views low and blast them after they turn. :) 

But if you have a specific breed that is sturdy such as zyus (more are listed in the guide in the first page of this thread), you can also preload them with more views and then they insta hatch once they turn. 

I.... didn't know that actually but that's awesome! Ok cool, thank you for holding my hand through that. I'm trying this method with two brimstone with around ~110 UVs because this sounds easier than the very bad methods I have been using that's resulted in... 1.... lol

thank you!!!!

i need a refresher. the timer goes down to 0 hours when there is, say. 59 minutes left until it dies? or does it tick down to 1 hour when theres 59 minutes left until it dies?

Edited by lexi_

3 hours ago, lexi_ said:

i need a refresher. the timer goes down to 0 hours when there is, say. 59 minutes left until it dies? or does it tick down to 1 hour when theres 59 minutes left until it dies?

1 hour is 59 minutes. An egg with 0 hours is dead.