TJ09

2019-03-04 - Festival of Eggs Submissions

5 hours ago, Mewtie said:

You can find them here. :3

since the egg base is 22 x 24, but we have to submit 50 x 50, does that mean I need to increase the size to fit and later our entry will be resized about 50% ?

@Cottoncat when you open a post look at the bottom where it says "drag files here to attach or choose files" - you click choose files and upload your image, then use the insert option that shows afterwards.

1 minute ago, Kiwiana said:

since the egg base is 22 x 24, but we have to submit 50 x 50, does that mean I need to increase the size to fit and later our entry will be resized about 50% ?

@Cottoncat when you open a post look at the bottom where it says "drag files here to attach or choose files" - you click choose files and upload your image, then use the insert option that shows afterwards.

No, that's the space you have to be creative with. The egg can be even size of the pygmy egg if you want to, what you build around it is optional.

5 minutes ago, Kiwiana said:

Thank you! ^_^ My image should be an attachment now. Though I was also wondering if the picture will still show up in the PM if I end up deleting the attachment.

OK, how does someone attached a file (egg PNG) to a PM?  Seriously, walk me through it as if I'm 4 years old.  The options are either URL or an "existing attachment" which seems to consist of stock DC imagery.  There's no "drag files here to attach" or "choose files" option in the PM window.

30 minutes ago, Leidarendi said:

OK, how does someone attached a file (egg PNG) to a PM?  Seriously, walk me through it as if I'm 4 years old.  The options are either URL or an "existing attachment" which seems to consist of stock DC imagery.  There's no "drag files here to attach" or "choose files" option in the PM window.

This is a very good question. Just spent around 10 minutes trying to figure it out. I'm guessing you might be able to use the URL of the image if you host it on an external site like Imgur, and if you've attached a file in a *post* before those will show up in the 'existing attachment' option... But I see no option to attach a file straight to the PM from your computer. 

I've got an idea or two. I just can't sprite it out since I can't use photoshop to make it.

WB

6 minutes ago, Wolfs_Bane said:

I've got an idea or two. I just can't sprite it out since I can't use photoshop to make it.

WB

You can use Photoshop just not the premade brushes

Just now, Princess Kiara said:

You can use Photoshop just not the premade brushes

Oh! That's what that Anti thing meant? Okay. Thank you. ^^

WB

Awesome! I've been wanting to give it a go. Now is my chance. Good luck to everyone who is going to work on an egg. This is going to be so fun! 😆

I can't so much as draw a decent stick figure, but good luck to everyone who submits and entry.  It's a great idea.

Welp my ideas went nowhere fast. After I remembered that I can't draw. ><: So much for that.

WB

Edited by Wolfs_Bane

So in order to upload your egg into the message, you need to upload the image into the forums post box (don't post, though!), and then go get your message ready, attach the image, send, and then you can delete the image in the post box. I think it stays in the attachments that way. I just checked my sent messages, and the egg still shows up, so I think that will work. Just in case, though, I included a hidden imgur link.

3 hours ago, Imzadi said:

I can't so much as draw a decent stick figure, but good luck to everyone who submits and entry.  It's a great idea.

I just had to laugh at this 'cause that's exactly how I am. Even my stick figures are pitiful. I actually attempted 'spriting' way back in 2010, nothing on here just messing around trying to see if I possibly could... Nope. Could try again, I guess, but... Nope. 

I'm really excited about this though, looking at the posts here and seeing familiar names saying they want to try... I wonder what we'll be getting this year with these new spriters!

I can't wait to see what you all come up with! I can't do digital art at all, good luck to everyone!

so we just make one egg? Or the whole progression from egg, to thatching to adult?

Also, good luck to everyone who enters! This should be really fun and interesting. 😁

Edited by Feral71
added an additional comment.

3 hours ago, Feral71 said:

so we just make one egg? Or the whole progression from egg, to thatching to adult?

Just an egg - no hatchlings or adults. This is not for a dragon, but for a decorative egg that will be found on the site as part of the Festival of Eggs celebration. See here for examples from previous years. 

Looking forward to seeing them all! :)

I have no talent, but I'm still going to try. Mostly because I've had an idea for an egg that I've always wanted to see, but no one has ever done.

I think I'll give this a try! Not the greatest at pixel art, though I did dabble in it haha. I had multiple ideas lying in my imagination zone and decided on one I thought I liked the best 😆

Good luck to all who are trying this. I am no artist, so I will leave it to others. But I am really glad to see this being opened up to new talent. Can't wait to see the results! :) 

Best of luck to everyone trying their hand at an egg. If anyone can't decide on a colour, I'm fond of green... 😋

I'm using GIMP and have a question. In GIMP image size and canvas size are two different functions, the image is with canvas is 50x75px but the image is smaller, does the canvas size need to be the same as the image?