TJ09

2019-03-04 - Festival of Eggs Submissions

I suppose I'll jump on the bandwagon and say that mine made it, too! I was so excited and nervous when I saw I had received a message. 

Congrats to those who made it, and best of luck next year to those who didn't! Sounds like there simply wasn't enough room for everyone this year.

5 hours ago, Shokomon said:

You think I can resubmit next year?

Will there be another contest? Or will it be invite only?

Take this as speculation, but I would expect this would be a trend that continues in future years. It would be weird to open it up and then go back to the invite system, since this feels a lot more egalitarian.

For those who did not get in, if you got critique, then look at it, and I suggest revisiting it. Do not look at not being accepted as a failure, but as a lesson to grow from and to improve. Maybe between now and next easter, create eggs, make a bunch of designs, work on them and maybe by the next event you'll have several options to choose from. I sit on egg designs, I make a few during the year myself.

congrats to all.

If the cap is 60 (or thereabouts), then it still needs to be considered that there are many on-site artists and their chosen ones who probably already put eggs forward privately (as typical for the event, from my understanding). So the public submission availability is probably much smaller than people think.

60 is a good number. The only way we could have more is if TJ shortened the drop time between eggs showing up.

Edited by Ashywolf

Congrats to those who got chosen!! ^^  I was going to try my luck at submitting an egg but...I just lost the desire and the confidence too. So...maybe next year. At least I'll all year to think and work on different eggs as practice. So...I'll just habe to make sure I don't lose confidence again lol.

I think it will be a nice change of pace to see some new 'blood' of egg sprites. Hoping there's a decent mix of the over-the-top, knocked it out the park eggs as well as some simple, more traditional eggs. Though I also hope there's no special "prize" (save maybe a badge for scrolls, since those don't really affect anything) for those who were chosen beyond having their egg on site [mostly, I just don't want to see the complaining that would come from such a thing XD])

23 hours ago, Ashywolf said:

If the cap is 60 (or thereabouts), then it still needs to be considered that there are many on-site artists and their chosen ones who probably already put eggs forward privately (as typical for the event, from my understanding). So the public submission availability is probably much smaller than people think.

60 is a good number. The only way we could have more is if TJ shortened the drop time between eggs showing up.

As a person who has participated in the past via an invitation, I can tell you that.... No. I had to submit to the competition and wait for an acceptance or rejection like everyone else who tried. 

2 hours ago, adrak said:

As a person who has participated in the past via an invitation, I can tell you that.... No. I had to submit to the competition and wait for an acceptance or rejection like everyone else who tried. 

This may be more recent? As last I participated (circa a few years ago), there was no "waiting queue". You were invited, and they took your egg, no questions asked.

edit. although I bet if the submission was low quality, there would have been some feedback/rejection process anyway.

Edited by Ashywolf

34 minutes ago, Ashywolf said:

This may be more recent? As last I participated (circa a few years ago), there was no "waiting queue". You were invited, and they took your egg, no questions asked.

edit. although I bet if the submission was low quality, there would have been some feedback/rejection process anyway.

I assumed you were talking about this year. This year there was no automatic in as you seemed to theorize in the post I responded to. This year it has been open to the public with no people that got in for being a "chosen one". I was saying that your assumption that there were less public spots because the "chosen" were auto accepted was wrong.

3 hours ago, adrak said:

I assumed you were talking about this year. This year there was no automatic in as you seemed to theorize in the post I responded to. This year it has been open to the public with no people that got in for being a "chosen one". I was saying that your assumption that there were less public spots because the "chosen" were auto accepted was wrong.

Thanks -- sorry, misunderstanding on my part. That's highly interesting though. This may be the first event ever like that, no? Well, just having public submissions period might already be a first for an event.

Edited by Ashywolf

On 4/15/2019 at 4:11 AM, Pixxelation said:

Take this as speculation, but I would expect this would be a trend that continues in future years. It would be weird to open it up and then go back to the invite system, since this feels a lot more egalitarian.

eggalitarian*

I completely forgot where FoE is exactly,
I just remember I was always struggling to get all eggs in time, the closer to the deadline, the rarer they seem to drop, ofc it feels so because there's just so little time and so many eggs left, still, I never know how often can I check to maximalize the result,
so.. where it starts, again?^^;

Edited by VixenDra

24 minutes ago, VixenDra said:

I just remember I was always struggling to get all eggs in time, the closer to the deadline, the rarer they seem to drop, ofc it feels so because there's just so little time and so many eggs left, still, I never know how often can I check to maximalize the result,

Should start Sunday. And you can find the eggs on any page of the Cave site. I find the view pages, cave, and AP are easiest to see the FoE eggs on because they are shorter than your scroll page. But the eggs can show up anywhere on the main site. They just pop up on the page and clicking them saves them to your basket.

Edited by purplehaze

43 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Should start Sunday. And you can find the eggs on any page of the Cave site. I find the view pages, cave, and AP are easiest to see the FoE eggs on because they are shorter than your scroll page. But the eggs can show up anywhere on the main site. They just pop up on the page and clicking them saves them to your basket.

Sunday, ok, probably why I never had enough time, since it was mostly on holiday and in the neginning fo the week, when I needed to prepare for classes

I tend to check in the biomes and main, and when I notice one when checking my scroll for sth else, stil, biomes are my main place to collect in:P

4 hours ago, Dohaerys said:

eggalitarian*

DwhE2R9VYAEsIgI.jpg

6 hours ago, VixenDra said:

FoE is essentially DC Easter, so it starts whenever Easter does, which is always on a Sunday.

So maybe, plan around leaving some time around then? Eggs usually show around ever 10-15 min (at least that's how I remember it) or so for me.

7 hours ago, Dohaerys said:

Snapchat-1159255101.jpg

I bow before your might, Your Meme-iness.

9 hours ago, Dohaerys said:

Snapchat-1159255101.jpg

1555564113519.png

Cuteness enhanced with my rejected egg...💞👀💞

Edited by jerzeeshadow

When I search for eggs, I normally set a timer of..10..? minutes on my phone I think? And I go here https://dragcave.net/account to look. That way, there are no other eggs to be concerned about like in the cave, any of the biomes (though I know those eggs are blacked out) or the AP. Just super, simple, and clean. For me, anyway.

Anyone made a post or forum for rejected eggs? ~ those who would still like to share their work?

30 minutes ago, FoxintheBox said:

Anyone made a post or forum for rejected eggs? ~ those who would still like to share their work?

I'd also like to know this, I'm interested to see some of the creations that didn't make the cut; I'm sure there are a lot of cool ones out there that there just wasn't enough room for this year.

4 hours ago, FoxintheBox said:

I haven't seen any forum posts.

Some people maybe hanging on to theirs for possibly next year.

I heard some people might put the eggs in their signatures though.