TJ09

2019-03-04 - Festival of Eggs Submissions

And I have finally submitted my entry!

Here's hoping!

Blatant references are blatant.

I entered for the first time!😄

I draw like a gorilla, but hey, ya never know...📝🐒🔫

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know how many submissions they get on average per festival? 

📊👀

16 hours ago, jerzeeshadow said:

I entered for the first time!😄

I draw like a gorilla, but hey, ya never know...📝🐒🔫

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know how many submissions they get on average per festival? 

📊👀

This is the first time that the festival has been open to the public like this.

For what I know, previously, you were either invited to join or were already an in-cave artist.

I don't know if this year's event will be the same as all the older ones.

There may be more eggs than normal...

Though, what is normal? 

According to the wiki, this is how many eggs were available for previous years:

Spoiler

Festival of Eggs - 2010
The first time Dragon Cave even celebrated Easter with an event. There were 38 eggs to collect in 2010.

Festival of Eggs - 2011
With "The Second Annual Festival of Eggs" the event made its second appearance on Dragon Cave. This time with 53 eggs to collect.

Festival of Eggs - 2012
"The Third Annual Festival of Eggs" was celebrated with a total of 42 eggs.

Festival of Eggs - 2013
In 2013 the "Festival of Eggs" returned with 51 new eggs. Read more here.

Festival of Eggs - 2014
2014's Festival of Eggs has 55 eggs-more than any in previous years that users, like previous years, have 3 days to collect.

Festival of Eggs - 2015
The Festival of Eggs in 2015 was by far the biggest of all FoE events. With 62 eggs it even beat the amount of eggs from 2014. Like in previous years, users had 3 days to collect all the eggs.

Festival of Eggs - 2016
The Festival of Eggs in 2016 was just barely smaller than 2015's event. With 60 eggs it was only two behind the previous FoE event. Like in previous years, users had 3 days to collect all the eggs.

Festival of Eggs - 2017
The Festival of Eggs in 2017 was slightly smaller than the previous year's event, having 56 eggs in total to collect. Users again had 3 days to collect all these eggs across the site.

Festival of Eggs - 2018
The ninth annual Festival of Eggs began on April 1, 2018. It included 54 eggs, which initially appeared in shades of mint green as an April Fool's joke. The event lasted for 3 days.

- Between the 50's and 60's, it seems?

Sent my entry, tho I'm afraid that it doesn't look like an egg at all. Anyway, good luck to everyone who also apply!

I'm sure mine didn't make it, LOL first timer here as well. I DO do digital art though I'm not super good yet, and I draw with pencil and paper though I'm rusty, but this is my first attempt at a sprite. :) It was definitely fun though! ❤️ 

Aaa, I'm excited to see what all got through!
Good luck everyone! ❤️

Edited by Cowfish249

6 minutes ago, Skyhunter22 said:

So what happens with the eggs? Is there a prize for the best one or something? 

They become the eggs we collect as we click about in the cave at Eastertime:

https://dragcave.net/easter/Lagie

1 minute ago, Lagie said:

They become the eggs we collect as we click about in the cave at Eastertime:

https://dragcave.net/easter/Lagie

Wow! I'm looking forward to seeing the results! I don't celebrate Easter myself (being Jewish) but it'll still be a fun event! I got some really good art advice on my egg when I was working on it 

when does the festival start? This will be my first year. Even if mine doesn't get picked I'm SUPER anxious to see them all! :D 

I really do wonder which eggs have made it!

That being said I'm assuming I didn't make it as I haven't received any confirmation of my submission being accepted/declined so far - but for those who did, congrats :)

19 minutes ago, Eggy0 said:

That being said I'm assuming I didn't make it as I haven't received any confirmation of my submission being accepted/declined so far - but for those who did, congrats :)

I was wondering about this too. Though I'm assuming they're going through the list, making the quality control check and sending the PMs slowly, given TJ's post.

In any case, to anyone out there already confirmed to be in, congrats, yes yes!

1 hour ago, Feral71 said:

when does the festival start? This will be my first year. Even if mine doesn't get picked I'm SUPER anxious to see them all! :D 

Easter this year falls on the 21st, so maybe a little before or around then?

I actually assumed the opposite. That if you haven't heard anything, they either haven't gotten to you yet Or they have accepted yet.

I feel like they have to tell you no, as to not get your hopes up.

Though, they probably got a lot of eggs, since it's not just the cave artists and invited artists this year, so it's going to take a bit. Especially if they are explaining why they are or aren't accepting your egg.

17 hours ago, Arkee said:

Easter this year falls on the 21st, so maybe a little before or around then?

Thank you, I was wondering if it was just an April event, or if it actually happened around Easter time. 

22 hours ago, Feral71 said:

Thank you, I was wondering if it was just an April event, or if it actually happened around Easter time. 

It should start on Easter and go for 2-3 days.

Edited by JWealand2000

Super curious to see if my egg made it cause if not its becoming a discord icon for sure xD Good luck to everyone!

I don't know if this helps, but Festival of Eggs just confirmed to me that they are still going through submissions, so if you haven't heard back yet about your egg it probably just hasn't been processed yet.

Presumably 60 is the cap, or thereabouts, given the trends in previous years?