pinkgothic

The Release History Of Dragon Cave Spiral

I've only really read the first few posts and looked at dates for the dragons needed compared to the dragons I've got, so forgive me if I miss anything that has been posted since - I'm also on my phone so trying to juggle this a bit xD 

I do have a few dragons that may be of help?

M Night Glory (26 May 2010)

F Night Glory (27 May 2010, 1 day off)

M Nilia (22 May 2011, 1 day off)

M & F Kyanites (21 August 2016)

Also, the 2015 Birthday Release dragons - y'all have dragons from 20 May 2015 needed, but the birthday release was on 21 May. So your Hooktalons, Greater Spotted, and Magelights are all good. The wiki has the wrong dates. I hadn't seen this mentioned yet, but I just skimmed. 

Let me know, I'll try to read through the thread more thoroughly when I get home later today :)

30 minutes ago, schenanigans said:

I do have a few dragons that may be of help?

M Night Glory (26 May 2010)

F Night Glory (27 May 2010, 1 day off)

M Nilia (22 May 2011, 1 day off)

M & F Kyanites (21 August 2016)

Thank you! The male Nilia is especially useful, that's the closest to the release date we've got so far, and next in line for the pygmy line. Hit up @Sethiss for https://dragcave.net/lineage/mC1zL? :D

30 minutes ago, schenanigans said:

Also, the 2015 Birthday Release dragons - y'all have dragons from 20 May 2015 needed, but the birthday release was on 21 May. So your Hooktalons, Greater Spotted, and Magelights are all good. The wiki has the wrong dates. I hadn't seen this mentioned yet, but I just skimmed. 

Let me know, I'll try to read through the thread more thoroughly when I get home later today :)

Awesome, thanks for the heads-up! Some people in this thread implicitly confirmed the wiki date, so I never bothered to check up on that. Just dug for the forum thread and you're absolutely right! :) I've fixed the info in the second post.

Edited by pinkgothic

I have a female purple from September 12, 2008. Let me know if she qualifies as the oldest here. :) 

6 minutes ago, Dirtytabs said:

I have a female purple from September 12, 2008. Let me know if she qualifies as the oldest here. :) 

Thanks for letting us know! I see TCA and Tempestsea both have purples that are older -

On 1/6/2019 at 11:58 PM, pinkgothic said:

Purple Dragon (should be female):

Wow,%20purple%20isn't%20a%20color%20of%2 CB female from 2008-03-02 @ TCA

Wow,%20purple%20isn't%20a%20color%20of%2 CB female from 2008-09-03 @ Tempestsea

- but I appreciate the heads-up! ❤️ I'll add it in! (There's always a chance TCA and Tempestsea are out when we get around to the purples.)

My bad. I glossed over that bit. XD

4 minutes ago, Dirtytabs said:

My bad. I glossed over that bit. XD

I'd previously forgotten to duplicate it (there are two places we need lady purples!), so it was easy to miss!

When did adults stop gaining stats? Is that a fact that could also be worked into the spiral?

Also, multiclutching?

Also, metallics refusing each other and holidays?

Edited by Ruby Eyes

For the pygmy line, should we also mark the date that pygmies were no longer clustered under "Pygmy Breed" on scrolls when sorting? Wiki says that's August 20, 2017. (Yes I'm looking up facts trying to name my pair.)

20 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

When did adults stop gaining stats? Is that a fact that could also be worked into the spiral?

Also, multiclutching?

Also, metallics refusing each other and holidays?

Those would all be great facts to mention, yeah. :D (Though I don't think they require a separate step in the spiral, in case you were asking about that.) Good fallback trivia for when a species doesn't have much of anything useful one can say about it. ^_^

8 hours ago, Sethiss said:

For the pygmy line, should we also mark the date that pygmies were no longer clustered under "Pygmy Breed" on scrolls when sorting? Wiki says that's August 20, 2017. (Yes I'm looking up facts trying to name my pair.)

As above, I think that's a great piece of trivia! I wouldn't want to make an extra step for it (but that's also just my opinion - as usual, feel free to disagree with me ❤️).

Extra step? I'd rather think these are great fillers for dimorphic breeds which all need to be named :D

Well, Toshiro Yume and And Other Whites Were Male-Only gave no interest, but they didn't refuse. I didn't want to rename my 2008 white dragon, but I managed to work his existing name into a sentence with the spiral.

Edited by TCA

On 3/21/2019 at 1:47 AM, TCA said:

Well, Toshiro Yume and And Other Whites Were Male-Only gave no interest, but they didn't refuse. I didn't want to rename my 2008 white dragon, but I managed to work his existing name into a sentence with the spiral.

Ooh, that's a really clever solution! :) Thanks for trying to find a compromise!

On 3/21/2019 at 4:31 AM, schenanigans said:

Wrong breed, but happy for no refusal! Taking name suggestions for the parents, as I don't know much about Pygmy trivia... 

Glad they didn't refuse!

Also, in the off-chance you don't know this yet: (I assume you do, but sometimes people don't, so ❤️ worth mentioning!) You can practically eliminate refusals if you use Fertility.

Trivia could be "Misfit Pygmies used to have" x "a UTF8 glitch in their description" (see https://dragcave.fandom.com/wiki/Misfit_Pygmy#Trivia), although I'm not sure if that's not too uninspired. XD I mean, I think it's plenty and interesting, but I'm also a developer, and UTF8 bugs matter to me. XD Anyone else have ideas?

Edit:

I tried my two-headed pair again, but they showed no interest. Fuzzbucket's bred me a replacement female duotone from her pair, though, and I'll try next week's breeding with that one instead. We'll break this stubborn spell at some point, I promise ^_^

Edited by pinkgothic

On 3/23/2019 at 12:24 AM, pinkgothic said:

I tried my two-headed pair again, but they showed no interest. Fuzzbucket's bred me a replacement female duotone from her pair, though, and I'll try next week's breeding with that one instead. We'll break this stubborn spell at some point, I promise ^_^

Whoop, whoop! https://dragcave.net/lineage/Bhf9y - much better. Not the right species, but much better. ^_^ The extra space will go away if I ever get a lindwyrm from the pair.

If anyone wants the duotone, give me a shout!

Edited by pinkgothic

Oh, I have two CB Seawyrm Pygmies, one that's male from May 21, 2011 (EvCS) and one female one from May 28, 2011 (lSIQ). Are these good?

I'm not sure what else you're looking for so I sorted all my dragons into CB ones, so if you want, there's a group for mine. 😮

Edited by KenKazaki2
Added links

12 minutes ago, KenKazaki2 said:

Oh, I have two CB Seawyrm Pygmies, one that's male from May 21, 2011 (EvCS) and one female one from May 28, 2011 (lSIQ). Are these good?

Welcome to the thread! ^_^ The CB male is spot on for the release date, nice going! And while the female CB seawyrm you mentioned isn't from the release date, we don't have anything closer to the release date just yet - so if by the time @schenanigans manages to whack a Nilia out of his pair we've found nothing closer to the release date, we'd love your help. ❤️

(Edit: I sneakily went ahead and added your dragons to the second post as potential candidates. ^_^ Let me know if you'd rather they weren't in there!)

Edited by pinkgothic

18 minutes ago, pinkgothic said:

Welcome to the thread! ^_^ The CB male is spot on for the release date, nice going! And while the female CB seawyrm you mentioned isn't from the release date, we don't have anything closer to the release date just yet - so if by the time @schenanigans manages to whack a Nilia out of his pair we've found nothing closer to the release date, we'd love your help. ❤️

(Edit: I sneakily went ahead and added your dragons to the second post as potential candidates. ^_^ Let me know if you'd rather they weren't in there!)

Cool. Is there any other dragons you're after? I've seen a couple that I have, like:

vLkq M Night Glory Drakes, May 26, 2010

f1CD F Day Glory Drake, May 28, 2010

I'm not sure what else you're looking for so I sorted all my dragons into my CB only ones, so if you want. I actually joined on 2009 so I don't have anything younger than that.

11 minutes ago, KenKazaki2 said:

Cool. Is there any other dragons you're after? I've seen a couple that I have, like:

vLkq M Night Glory Drakes, May 26, 2010

f1CD F Day Glory Drake, May 28, 2010

I'm not sure what else you're looking for so I sorted all my dragons into my CB only ones, so if you want. I actually joined on 2009 so I don't have anything younger than that.

There's typically an up-to-date overview of what we're looking for in the second post of the thread, for what it's worth. There hasn't been a whole lot of planning done for the Drake Spiral just yet, so I don't even know what genders the critters in the line will likely be, but those two are bound to be useful! I added them to the list. Thanks very much for letting us know about them! ^_^

For the Drake Spiral, once we start that, if it turns out those would be perfect for us, is PM a good way to reach you?

4 hours ago, pinkgothic said:

There's typically an up-to-date overview of what we're looking for in the second post of the thread, for what it's worth. There hasn't been a whole lot of planning done for the Drake Spiral just yet, so I don't even know what genders the critters in the line will likely be, but those two are bound to be useful! I added them to the list. Thanks very much for letting us know about them! ^_^

For the Drake Spiral, once we start that, if it turns out those would be perfect for us, is PM a good way to reach you?

Yup, sounds good!

Even though you already have these, I minus well:

bTDo F Nilia Pygmy, May 21, 2011

lv26 M Nilia Pygmy, May 29, 2011

9 hours ago, TCA said:

Mmmmmmm. https://dragcave.net/lineage/gvuOv Well they produced but that's not the right color. What do I do with it?

Whatever you like! ^_^

If you want it off your scroll for some reason, I'm happy to hoard the fails! ❤️ I give them other trivia names, although the definition of "trivia" for this is generally far less stringent than the ones from the main line (e.g. there's Splits Long Suffered In Solitude, but also pinkgothic Forgot Pumpkins lol >_>).

8 hours ago, KenKazaki2 said:

bTDo F Nilia Pygmy, May 21, 2011

lv26 M Nilia Pygmy, May 29, 2011

Thank you! Female Nilia pygmies actually are still interesting further down the line, for the resprite date (ideally from 2015-10-07, actually, but I know that's much harder to get even than a release date XD) and the males for the Dusk Pygmy release (ideally from 2017-06-25, but again, same thing I just said is true here).

6 hours ago, schenanigans said:

Got a Nilia from my pair for the next in line, shall I send it to KenKazaki?

Sweet, thanks for the update! ❤️ Looks like  @KenKazaki2's seawyrm is our best bet at the moment, yeah! Go right ahead.