Jump to content
TJ09

2018-12-25 - Happy Holidays!

Recommended Posts

Stupid question. I'm at level 44 and trying to look over some of the decorations, but not all of the boxes/descriptions fit in the screen. Is there a way to scroll down?

Share this post


Link to post

Did some quick maffs and a basic wood cabin (3 walls, 1 doored wall, 4 corners, 1 roof) costs 225 wood. That's 22.5 wood drops, or almost an entire day of wood-only drops. Yiiikes. Say goodbye to building anything else that requires wood. x_x Maybe you can get away with omitting the back and far side walls, since the roof probably covers them? 1 wall, 1 door, 1 corner, 1 roof = 100 wood or 10 drops, still pretty insane but more manageable.

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, Twimm said:

Stupid question. I'm at level 44 and trying to look over some of the decorations, but not all of the boxes/descriptions fit in the screen. Is there a way to scroll down?

 

I find that I can move down the list if I use the middle mouse button.

 

(I guess for phone/ipads/kindles it would be trying to move it with your finger.)

 

edit: @pheobe This egg glows with a soft, soothing light. 

Edited by Lady Dragoon

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, pheobe said:

What is the description of the new Christmas dragon egg?

It will not drop in the Holiday area ;)

All other biomes will drop it. This egg only. For 3 days :3

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Lady Dragoon said:

 

I find that I can move down the list if I use the middle mouse button.

 

(I guess for phone/ipads/kindles it would be trying to move it with your finger.)

 

edit: @pheobe This egg glows with a soft, soothing light. 

 

I'm on a laptop and don't have a mouse, only a trackpad.

Share this post


Link to post

Ack! I'm just now realizing that the top part of the gingerbread walls can't be decorated with the gumdrops/icing! Is this intentional or a glitch?

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, The Dragoness said:

What causes the repair button to be greyed out? 

You probably don't have enough resources to fix it

 

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, Twimm said:

 

I'm on a laptop and don't have a mouse, only a trackpad.

Oh, then I'm not sure. I guess you could try to tap/touch the edge of the trackpad? (Hopeful someone will be to help you better, I never had a laptop. XD)

 

3 minutes ago, The Dragoness said:

What causes the repair button to be greyed out? 

You don't have the resources to repair it.

 

edit: ah, got ninja'd.

Edited by Lady Dragoon

Share this post


Link to post

If your trackpad works by swiping up/down with two fingers, do that in the box where you need to scroll

 

Resources are so scarce early on but as you level up presents spawn more frequently... just opened one that had 10 mana, 30 ice, and 50 snow. :0 make as many cannons as possible to level up, and make sure to only hit snowball walls as they give the best xp!

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, ChimeBunny said:

Resources are so scarce early on but as you level up presents spawn more frequently... just opened one that had 10 mana, 30 ice, and 50 snow. :0 make as many cannons as possible to level up, and make sure to only hit snowball walls as they give the best xp!

And if you find a significantly weakened tent be sure to finish it off, they give 25 XP. ;) And I think other kinds of walls are also 3 xp.

Share this post


Link to post

What I've done so far is just make a bunch of canons. Once I'm max level and have decent supply of materials, then I'll bother with making it look nice.

(I too noticed I can't scroll, and I do not actually know how to do it on this laptop since page up/down doesn't work there.)

Share this post


Link to post

Sigh. This game is not my cup of tea. There aren't enough resources to build anything substantial and the little I've built is destroyed more often than I can repair it.

Plus I think we shouldn't get something called "war" for Christmas, it's just not appropriate. :(

I'd really have preferred another chapter of Valkemarian tales. Or anything else that is more creative than destructive. Better luck next year, I hope.

 

Share this post


Link to post

Wow I hadn't noticed the little hatchies had gendered! They're super cute!

Share this post


Link to post

I was excited to see the return of Snow Wars since I wasn't here for the first one. I spent some time prettying up my fort with some newly unlocked stuff. Came back an hour later to find my entire fort burned to the ground and only a single ice drop to compensate for it.

Share this post


Link to post

@TJ09 "At the end of the event, your fort will be saved to show off to others—and don’t worry, all damage will be wiped away." Will the 'drops'  (snow, rocks, presents etc.) be removed or not? I'm considering keeping a present and a green rock spire thing around un-destroyed for aesthetic purposes, and would be very sad if they disappeared, but would want to know in advance.

 

 

Also, is level 50 the highest possible?

Edited by MessengerDragon

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, MessengerDragon said:

@TJ09 "At the end of the event, your fort will be saved to show off to others—and don’t worry, all damage will be wiped away." Will the 'drops'  (snow, rocks, presents etc.) be removed or not? I'm considering keeping a present and a green rock spire thing around un-destroyed for aesthetic purposes, and would be very sad if they disappeared, but would want to know in advance.

 

The current plan is for them to stay. Drops that aren't "claimed" (i.e. you didn't enter the event to generate them) shouldn't appear, though.

Share this post


Link to post

@TJ09 Okay, thank you! I really like the green rocky thing in front of my tent right now, so I'm glad it will stay. :) Now to wait for another present to drop... :)

 

Edit: Ah, it's a mana spire. :D

Edited by MessengerDragon

Share this post


Link to post

@TJ09 sorry to keep pinging you What about the gumdrops and icing? Are we allowed to put those on top of the gingerbread wall or no? I just want confirmation with that as I want to do that and I'm being prevented

Share this post


Link to post

@Dalek Raptor I think you can, you just need the ground underneath them to be free. The gumdrops are very peculiar in which space they take up and thus must be free for them compared to the positioning of the gumdrops themselves. (Try attacking my fort and have a look at the floaty gumdrops over to the right! :D )

Share this post


Link to post

Update 2:

  • Resource drops will now appear in your fort after leveling up. You get a resource every level appropriate to that level (e.g. levels 20–29 spawn tree stumps), and every five levels a present will spawn with extra resources. These drops are retroactive, so people who have been leveling should receive a bunch of new drops.
  • Random battle targeting should be better about making sure the selected fort actually has things for you to damage.

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, TJ09 said:

These drops are retroactive, so people who have been leveling should receive a bunch of new drops

Oh my god, they're everywhere. Thank you TJ XD

sb19.jpg.86049cdb618d25578e553bcd9084efd9.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
59 minutes ago, walkinslow said:

Sigh. This game is not my cup of tea. There aren't enough resources to build anything substantial and the little I've built is destroyed more often than I can repair it.

Plus I think we shouldn't get something called "war" for Christmas, it's just not appropriate. :(

I'd really have preferred another chapter of Valkemarian tales. Or anything else that is more creative than destructive. Better luck next year, I hope.

 

How is it a "war on christmas" snowball fights are fun, it's not this is an actual war???

Anyways, can't wait to build up a cool looking ice fort, since I wasn't around for the first snow wars. Thanks to TJ and everyone who worked on the game, it's really cute and fun.
Also the eggs and hatchlings look stunning, really looking forward to seeing the adults.

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.