TJ09

2018-12-25 - Happy Holidays!

8 minutes ago, Cirvihi said:

Anyone else bugging out when they try to attack a random fort? It's not that I don't have weapons (I've placed 8 snow cannons); the golden cursor freezes on the grid and refreshing the page just kicks me back to the main screen.

I can’t even move the cursor when I go to attack now ;___;

Can't attack anyone, cursor freezes like everyone else - but also seem to only be spawning snow, have no seen anything else spawn at all. Not a single decoration. No wood. Just the piles of snows. 😩

Yeah, cursor is frozen for me, too. I was coming here to ask about it. Fingers crossed that it's fixed soon, but it probably explains why I didn't have any new damage since I last checked.

Guys, there is a Help topic here:

@anetofstars It lets the devs know there is an issue with Snow Wars.

Edited by missy_

Sadly I can't even enter the event :( I use mac and my flash is up to date, but when I click on the edit fort/battle buttons nothing happens whatsoever.

1 hour ago, Dragon_Arbock said:

I always wonder if it bothers people when I change my dragon's names. Some of my holidays were named by a younger and less concise me. Changed some of the longer names to be shorter, but still have the same meaning. Example 'Magic of the Northern Tier' to 'Northern Tier Magus'.. that shouldn't really bother anybody, right?

Perhaps the only people I could see it bothering is those who named progeny after one or both of the parents. That being said, in your example you've kept the spirit of the name and any progeny named after it would still have a meaningful name with the change. All in all I think you're fine and that you've taken the effort to name them is, in my opinion, likely one of the top factors in whether someone picks up an egg and keeps it behind lineage, generation and breed.

Hi earlier today I used my snowballs to build with when I was still trying to figure things out and now I can't attack or do anything because I have no snowballs I am doing something wrong?

Okay I figured it out man I feel silly now

Edited by Twilight_Moon_Racer

Some things I really like in the mobile version (which works for me) that would be really great in the computer version are the "Undo/Return," "Confirm," and "Rotate" buttons found in the top left corner of the mobile version of Snow Wars 2.

Example 1: Moving a Snowman

1779005356_Capture_2018-12-26-01-44-31.png.0e9bea4ee602291a94aada6ff9125219.png

Example 2: Attacking an Object

809994244_Capture_2018-12-26-01-47-23.png.2e633b1e06c0c0a6c6e23fe9756912d0.png

It would really help clear the headache of moving things around to place things on the computer as well as give us a way to exit out of attacks when everything is destroyed.

2 hours ago, Dragon_Arbock said:

I always wonder if it bothers people when I change my dragon's names. Some of my holidays were named by a younger and less concise me. Changed some of the longer names to be shorter, but still have the same meaning. Example 'Magic of the Northern Tier' to 'Northern Tier Magus'.. that shouldn't really bother anybody, right?

I say this with love and understanding and no small amount of fondness: it's a change on DC - someone will always be bothered. ;)

3 hours ago, Arkee said:

But for some reason I can't place more paths between the pumpkins/stumps anymore?

Better demonstration of what I mean because I found out the reverse happens too and because I think the issue is paths vs gumdrops instead of paths vs stuff near paths.

Directly against the gumdrops is ok:

RPtL6cd.png

Pathless is also ok, no issue, can place the items directly near the gumdrop, which covers the item, though:

DZI6C6e.png

Now, if I remove the gumdrops to put a path and try to put them back...

vb8A8pW.png

But having only the beginning of the path................. is ok? Really confused.

pADTGOw.png

(Also, thanks @cbussiere!)

Edit: Birds also don't like the paths/chess floor

16t6YBF.png

Edited by Arkee

I got to level 38 before taking a break! And then came back to being level 12 with all of my progress completely wiped...I'm quite sad, I spent a good hour making my fort nice and beautiful.

Also there's a bit of a interface problem. Half of the time I can't place any objects because the pixels are slightly hidden behind another.

yeah, I'm a bit miffed now, too.  I had a bunch of trees and some hedges that have poofed. 

5 hours ago, TJ09 said:

Update 2:

• Resource drops will now appear in your fort after leveling up. You get a resource every level appropriate to that level (e.g. levels 20–29 spawn tree stumps), and every five levels a present will spawn with extra resources. These drops are retroactive, so people who have been leveling should receive a bunch of new drops.
  • Random battle targeting should be better about making sure the selected fort actually has things for you to damage.

Awesome, thank you! :)

O darn, I'm there already. How do I now come by new ressources? I need more wood... are the hourly drops still on, does anybody know?

This time I took SCREENSHOTS of before I closed the page and after I came back (not long bc I was curious.) Images under spoiler.

Spoiler

Before

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

After

unknown.png

unknown.png

32 minutes ago, Varnayrah said:

O darn, I'm there already. How do I now come by new ressources? I need more wood... are the hourly drops still on, does anybody know?

i'm also at level 50, and i need more rocks, because i used them up doing extensive repairs after heavy artillery attacks. i hope we can still get more things.

just saw your post, grimm. that's terrible, i hope the glitches get sorted out.

Edited by greycat

11 minutes ago, Grimm said:

This time I took SCREENSHOTS of before I closed the page and after I came back (not long bc I was curious.) Images under spoiler.

Reveal hidden contents

Before

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

After

unknown.png

unknown.png

That's - AWFUL :(

Edited by Fuzzbucket

32 minutes ago, Varnayrah said:

You'll keep getting new resources every hour. :)