TJ09

2018-12-25 - Happy Holidays!

Is there a way to save the game?

I was on level 25, had a nice fort and lots of snow cannons, even a Trojan reindeer.  Left for dinner and the computer updated/restarted and came back to everything needing repair back at level 10 with most things gone :(

Starting over....bummer

2 minutes ago, MiaLily said:

Also, who destroyed Claudius and why does he let that happen?

Claudius destroyed.png

That Aegis is awesome! I haven't seen one before. :0

Just now, Pinch of StarDust said:

I was on level 25, had a nice fort and lots of snow cannons, even a Trojan reindeer.  Left for dinner and the computer updated/restarted and came back to everything needing repair back at level 10 with most things gone :(

Starting over....bummer

It's meant to autosave. This is a problem many people are having and there's a help thread about it already.

1 minute ago, Pinch of StarDust said:

Starting over....bummer

that's a bug, but no one seems to have a fix yet other than, sadly redoing it.

Just now, cbussiere said:

That Aegis is awesome! I haven't seen one before. :0

I think it is among the last items you unlock considering that you also need Mana to buy it which is the last of the resources to be unlocked and even then it took hours for me to get it in a drop...

I know you only get XP for removing something from a fort and I gather that walls are better than cannons or tents.  However, how in the world can you actually destroy something if each cannon can only shoot 1/hour?  I mean I threw 4 cannons at a fire and the fire survived (mine is gone).  It seems like I can shoot more than once an hour (it lets me keep aiming and poofing the snow) but I hit one wall section 20 times and it didn't go down.  What am I doing wrong?

8 minutes ago, MiaLily said:

Good to see you've come around to it! Now it's me who is not entirely happy...

I would love to but resources are still a little sparse around here.

Also, who destroyed Claudius and why does he let that happen?

Claudius destroyed.png

Ooooh noooooo!!!! CLAUDIUUUUS!!!!!

Yeah I will collect resources for now and wait until I have enough nice stuff in order to build something cool :3 When I have half baked things I will only be obsessed by repairing everything and getting no-where xD

Just now, blueeowyn said:

I know you only get XP for removing something from a fort and I gather that walls are better than cannons or tents.  However, how in the world can you actually destroy something if each cannon can only shoot 1/hour?  I mean I threw 4 cannons at a fire and the fire survived (mine is gone).  It seems like I can shoot more than once an hour (it lets me keep aiming and poofing the snow) but I hit one wall section 20 times and it didn't go down.  What am I doing wrong?

It sounds like you've been firing at things that can't be destroyed or are already destroyed. You need to target walls and cannons that are in tact. If you attack these, you will receive XP and your cannon will be greyed out from future use for the next hour. 

2 minutes ago, DragonLady86 said:

For people that can do targeted attacks, feel free to attack my scroll and/or Marrto :)

I would love to if it worked, lol. Is targeting possible for some players?

1 minute ago, blueeowyn said:

You're probably hitting something that has zero HP (empty black bar). If your cannon is still shootable after you shoot, it means you didn't actually hit something (attacked ground or broken object). If an object is hittable, it'll light up red. Seems like most items go down in one attack, but some, like the Trojan reindeer and tent, require more (not sure if the XP makes them worth attacking).

4 minutes ago, cbussiere said:

.... Seems like most items go down in one attack, but some, like the Trojan reindeer and tent, require more (not sure if the XP makes them worth attacking).

They are but only when you got better weapons. You need a Snow Canons army for a tent xD Better wait and focus on snow walls first :)

7 minutes ago, Niyaka said:

What does the Trojan reindeer do?

Sneaks Misfits into your Fort who will eat all your Gingerbread walls o.o

All right, this might be a silly question, but... how do you rotate items when building? I can't figure it out. I'm on a laptop if that makes a difference.

3 minutes ago, orcachick2005 said:

All right, this might be a silly question, but... how do you rotate items when building? I can't figure it out. I'm on a laptop if that makes a difference.

right click :)

Still can't rotate either. De-activated all add-ons and still nothing. I pick an item, activate the "move" icon and then still can't right-click rotate. It's rather frustrating, as is also the growing lack of resources, namely snow. :(

2 minutes ago, Draco-Stellaris said:

Still can't rotate either. De-activated all add-ons and still nothing. I pick an item, activate the "move" icon and then still can't right-click rotate. It's rather frustrating, as is also the growing lack of resources, namely snow. :(

Same. Doesn't help that my trackpad doesn't exactly have a "right click" option, I have to press Control and click. That doesn't seem to be doing anything.

Rotating on my computer does not work either. But on my phone it does. An extra button appears when I drag my items around allowing me to rotate it ^^ If that helps.

7 minutes ago, Draco-Stellaris said:

Not all items can rotate! Try a wall. If you're trying to rotate a cannon, nothing will happen.

5 minutes ago, orcachick2005 said:

Same. Doesn't help that my trackpad doesn't exactly have a "right click" option, I have to press Control and click. That doesn't seem to be doing anything.

You can change your settings for the right click in your control panel/preferences/etc, if the problem isn't that you're trying to rotate a non-rotatable object.

Does the trojan reindeer not... do anything?

It's considered a weapon and it's not damaged, but all afternoon it's not able to be used in battle.

Got every Xmas egg I wanted and then some, really fun event, looking forward to grabbing oodles of extras from the AP...

Good DC Xmas. :D 

Now that it's working for me, it's a ton of fun! Thanks to TJ and all the coders and spriters and anyone who helped make another enjoyable holiday!!

I just wish the repair costs were toned down a bit, like costing just 1 resource so that we wouldn't have to waste all of our resources solely on repairs. Especially with how long it takes for resources to even spawn. -_-