TJ09

2018-12-25 - Happy Holidays!

2 minutes ago, Kiki said:

How is it a "war on christmas" snowball fights are fun, it's not this is an actual war???

I didn't say war on Christmas, please don't misquote me. I know it's not an actual war, but it's definitely not a friendly snowball fight - we actually have to destroy other people's creations in this game, and I don't like that.

1 hour ago, walkinslow said:

Sigh. This game is not my cup of tea. There aren't enough resources to build anything substantial and the little I've built is destroyed more often than I can repair it.

Plus I think we shouldn't get something called "war" for Christmas, it's just not appropriate. :(

I'd really have preferred another chapter of Valkemarian tales. Or anything else that is more creative than destructive. Better luck next year, I hope.

War on Christmas?  I don’t understand how you get a war on Christmas from a cute little game based of of snowball fights. I used to have a lot of fun having snowball ball fights as a kid. To each there own I guess. 

Thank you volunteers/ spriters for planing this fun event and our new dragon for us all to enjoy this holiday season. I for one appreciate all of your hard work for no pay. 

3 minutes ago, walkinslow said:

I didn't say war on Christmas, please don't misquote me. I know it's not an actual war, but it's definitely not a friendly snowball fight - we actually have to destroy other people's creations in this game, and I don't like that.

Have you never had an elaborate snow fight? It's tons of fun! You build walls to hide behind, everyone throws snow, stuff gets destroyed, that's how it's supposed to happen. I guess if you see it as a bad thing you don't have to play....

1 hour ago, walkinslow said:

Sigh. This game is not my cup of tea. There aren't enough resources to build anything substantial and the little I've built is destroyed more often than I can repair it.

Plus I think we shouldn't get something called "war" for Christmas, it's just not appropriate. :(

I'd really have preferred another chapter of Valkemarian tales. Or anything else that is more creative than destructive. Better luck next year, I hope.

... Sorry, what?

We're playing a game where we literally steal the children of intelligent creatures so we can keep them as pets, and this doesn't change during Christmas. In fact it's almost worse because these particular dragons only breed for one week a year. How is that any more inappropriate than throwing snow at each other?

This IS mostly creative. Once people have gotten levelled up there'll be no reason to destroy each other's forts. The choice of words is a nonissue. It is a snowball fight.

19 minutes ago, walkinslow said:

You can repair stuff, nothing is permanently destroyed. You can even hang on to resources until the last day to build. Plus repairing stuff gives you xp.

Also at the end of the event all the damage is wiped away.

Edited by Kiki

I'm just popping in to again say thanks to TJ and the spriters for the eggs and the event (even if my game is still broken but I've gotten over that). It's a fun-looking event and everyone seems to be having fun. That's the point! So I'm happy. :)

Yeah, I was gonna say.. at the end everything will be automatically repaired so damaging doesn't really matter. It's just in good fun.

3 minutes ago, Dragon_Arbock said:

Yeah, I was gonna say.. at the end everything will be automatically repaired so damaging doesn't really matter. It's just in good fun.

This. I'm having a blast repairing my fort as I'm building, plus I appreciated the retroactive resource drops, thank you TJ! I'm having just as much fun decorating my fort as I am repairing it. This is the most fun I've had in a holiday event since the last Snow Wars. I enjoy the text adventures too, and exploring the regions, but this is just simple, good, clean fun to me.

8 minutes ago, Keileon said:

... Sorry, what?

We're playing a game where we literally steal the children of intelligent creatures so we can keep them as pets, and this doesn't change during Christmas. In fact it's almost worse because these particular dragons only breed for one week a year. How is that any more inappropriate than throwing snow at each other?

This IS mostly creative. Once people have gotten levelled up there'll be no reason to destroy each other's forts. The choice of words is a nonissue. It is a snowball fight.

You're entitled to your opinion, just as I am to mine. I rarely criticise anything here, but I don't think destroying other people's creations is fun. And I also disagree with what you say about DC in general. But my opinion is not welcome, so I'll shut up. Merry Christmas.

1 minute ago, evilSpectra said:

I just saw a 3rd gen Garland? I thought none of the 2nd gens that just grew up would be able bto breed? How??

There was a glitch where they could breed for a few hours right after they grew up. Surprised TJ didn’t reverse the breedings, but I suppose if stuff had already traded...

Well I cannot ever get past the 1st page on how to play so I am out

However I caught my 2nd CB Holly So I am good!!!!!!!!

Edited by Merlot

I'm having fun decorating my fort different ways and then taking screenshots before moving everything around. That's half the fun of these events for me, taking tons of screenshots. 

The game is no longer showing up for me. I've tried all of the usual fixes (cleared cache, refresh, etc.) and nada :(

Thanks for the changes TJ, having a blast building now that I've got some more stuff :D

Oh holy-- I was away for just an hour, and now my fort got overrun by resource nodes! Thank you so much, TJ! I finally got that lovely Aegis dragon in my fort (or, well, it's more like a park) I've wanted ever since I unlocked it! :wub:

This explains why I suddenly got a whole bunch of resources.

Thanks TJ!

Also, thank you spriters, event writers, organizers, and TJ for the Return of the Snow Wars and the new dragons! :D

So. Many. Things!

And so pretty too. Now I've got to decide which to keep as decorations, and which to destroy for resources. :P

Edited by MessengerDragon
Typo.

I'll be honest, I'm a horrible person and thought the "Peace on Earth" weapon would actually be a mega explosion of destruction, so I'm really bummed that it doesn't actually attack anything. Mislabeled weapons, I'm suing! XD 

I started building my cute dream fort 😊

V0hGjgi.png

But for some reason I can't place more paths between the pumpkins/stumps anymore? And the back gumdrops are going over the stumps, haha. I still wish we had a gingerbread roof to go with the gingerbread walls and stuff, but it's all very cute and I love it ❤️

11 minutes ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

I'll be honest, I'm a horrible person and thought the "Peace on Earth" weapon would actually be a mega explosion of destruction, so I'm really bummed that it doesn't actually attack anything. Mislabeled weapons, I'm suing! XD 

I went to place it and it blew up, damaging my own camp. Glitch or karma? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU so much for a decorating event! I'm having a blast building and destroying and repairing! I miss actual snow ball fights! What a wonderful event!!! ❤️

I always wonder if it bothers people when I change my dragon's names. Some of my holidays were named by a younger and less concise me. Changed some of the longer names to be shorter, but still have the same meaning. Example 'Magic of the Northern Tier' to 'Northern Tier Magus'.. that shouldn't really bother anybody, right?