TJ09

2018-12-25 - Happy Holidays!

I don't know if anyone else is having this problem but when I click on 'build' and bring up a list of items some of the boxes are below/off the screen and there's no scroll bar at the side to bring them into view so I can't see/get all the items on the list.  Anyone know how to get past this?

1 minute ago, RockChick said:

I don't know if anyone else is having this problem but when I click on 'build' and bring up a list of items some of the boxes are below/off the screen and there's no scroll bar at the side to bring them into view so I can't see/get all the items on the list.  Anyone know how to get past this?

I'm having the same problem. My browser is Chrome.

@Stromboli I can't attack with it either, and I haven't heard of anyone being able to. I think it's a miscategorized decoration.

@Sazandora Same. @_@ I've pretty much given up on repairing so I can build new stuff, but luckily no one has destroyed my cannons since they only give 1 exp. I imagine the game would slow down extremely if your weapons got destroyed.

@RockChick I'm using a trackpad and can scroll like how I'd scroll up and down a webpage (2-finger movement). So try that or your mouse wheel, depending on if you're using a trackpad or mouse.

@TJ09 okay, is there a way that instead of one of the resources appearing at one at a time at random that all of the resources (I'm guessing 5 upon reaching level 50) appear at once every hour if you don't agree to shorten the time?

Can anybody tell me if there's a way to like, turn items around? I try to make a wall but I can't seem to turn the corner pieces around. Am I missing something?

Just now, Gluria said:

Can anybody tell me if there's a way to like, turn items around? I try to make a wall but I can't seem to turn the corner pieces around. Am I missing something?

Right click

4 minutes ago, cbussiere said:

@RockChick I'm using a trackpad and can scroll like how I'd scroll up and down a webpage (2-finger movement). So try that or your mouse wheel, depending on if you're using a trackpad or mouse.

I've got it, thanks.

Welp, first I was unable to attack a specific person's fort (always have been, there has not yet been a point where it worked for me), now I'm unable to attack random forts as well - I keep getting redirected to my own fort. *sigh*

Just now, Duysterwald said:

Welp, first I was unable to attack a specific person's fort (always have been, there has not yet been a point where it worked for me), now I'm unable to attack random forts as well - I keep getting redirected to my own fort. *sigh*

Same for me, on the first part. Can't attack a specific person. It highlights just fine, I click on it, it asks me to select a weapon. I do. Then it takes me to a random fort, that usually has already been destroyed.  I'm never prompted for a name.

(PC. Chrome.)

Though at this point, I don't really want to attack anyone. I get 1 resource per hour (Not every hour though) and all of it tends to go right back into repairs. With none left to actually decorate. It frustrates me, and I don't want to do that to anyone else. Though if I don't battle, I don't level. Rock/Hard Place. :wacko:

2 minutes ago, Jocosa said:

Though at this point, I don't really want to attack anyone. I get 1 resource per hour (Not every hour though) and all of it tends to go right back into repairs. With none left to actually decorate. It frustrates me, and I don't want to do that to anyone else. Though if I don't battle, I don't level. Rock/Hard Place. :wacko:

Attack defenses/decorations! They don't need to be repaired unless you want to move them. As long as you don't destroy weapons, you're not preventing anyone from playing the game. :) They can spend resources fixing their stuff later if they want to move it into a final orientation to be saved on their profile.

Is 50 going to remain the maximum level? It only takes several hours to reach it, and then there's no point in attacking other forts or even owning weaponry anymore. Maybe this is some kind of message/metaphor 😆

It would be nice to be able to keep progressing though

11 minutes ago, Niyaka said:

Has anyone reached the maximum level?

Yup, I hit level 50 a little while ago. Seems to be the max level since my exp meter is full and yet I can't gain any more levels.

2 minutes ago, randomperson100 said:

Is 50 going to remain the maximum level? It only takes several hours to reach it, and then there's no point in attacking other forts or even owning weaponry anymore. Maybe this is some kind of message/metaphor 😆

It would be nice to be able to keep progressing though

I think more levels could be added later?

not getting any resources... just wasted all 3 of snow I had left (after accidentally deleting my 2nd cannon att he very beginning:/) to do anything in this event... And people already have so many things, I can't even catch up to the starting point of 2 cannons:/

Feels like a game for no-lifers only...

Edited by VixenDra

I'm almost at level 50 too. The game's pacing is very strange - levelup is extremely fast, and resource acquisition is extremely slow. So you often unlock stuff way before you actually have the resources to purchase it, and your purchases of non-snow objects must be very limited. I think most of the game past day 1 will be waiting for resources to spawn, since once you hit level 50 there's no reason to attack anyone (I assume). Would be cool if once you hit level 50, destroyed items dropped small amounts of the resources they're made of.

@VixenDra If you have so little snow, I assume you haven't collected environmental resources. If there are small piles of snow around your fort, you can destroy those for 10 snow each. You should be able to have very many cannons right from the start.

2 minutes ago, VixenDra said:

not getting any resources... just wasted all 3 of snow I had left (after accidentally deleting my 2nd cannon att he very beginning:/) to do anything in this event... And people already have so many things, I can't even catch up to the starting point of 2 cannons:/

Do you have piles of snow all over the board?  Try destroying them for a bunch of snow.

3 minutes ago, LadyLyzar said:

Do you have piles of snow all over the board?  Try destroying them for a bunch of snow.

No, not a single one (total)

- not to mention I won't be able to destroy them, my cannon will be destroyed by the time I wake up and I have 0 resources...

it feels very unbalanced... people who joined in the beginning seem to have had no big issues, but I joined after the tweak and I got a very disadvantegous starting point... And not only because of no resources spawning to me, or even not only because people already had armies of weapons when I got just 2 1

Edited by VixenDra

That's odd.  Everyone should have started with some scattered snow drifts to get going.

You destroy them by clicking on them and clicking the X - no need to shoot.

How often do the rocks spawn because I would really love to have the gingerbread house stuff and not snow