TJ09

2018-12-25 - Happy Holidays!

3 minutes ago, ----- said:

anyone figured out what the "peace on earth" object does in weaponry? my sister put it on her fort but says she can't attack with it, similar to the trojan reindeer

honestly don't care if it does nothing, my dad used to fly helicopters and I WILL have one in my fort as soon as I actually get resources.

Just now, Jocosa said:

The eggs are really pretty!  I hope the adults have some color to them though. I do like the look of a classic Xmas, but I love the rainbow colored lights and decorations even more.

This event... :wacko:   How are you all leveling up so quickly?  With the once per hour snow pile, and zero timber at all so far I can't really level up or build/battle much. Or repair my fort since there I have no timber to do so.  And when I do battle the random ones it offers me are almost always 100% wiped out. Going in and out of battle mode, trying to find one with something to hit gets frustrating.

And please, how do I toggle off the music?  So far all I've found is turning off my speaker volume. Which means I can't listen to my music.

Depending on your browser, you either click on the speaker on the tab or if you are on Chrome pick mute the site.

2 minutes ago, Lady Dragoon said:

Depending on your browser, you either click on the speaker on the tab or if you are on Chrome pick mute the site.

Thanks!!  I'll try the second option (I use Chrome).  An ingame off toggle would be nice though. Didn't previous events with music offer that?

Their are chess pieces? I wanna see!

I would be happy to just be able to pick things up and move them around at this point.  I have no idea how people are posting such high levels.  This is beyond me.  I'm beginning to think this game is unplayable.

1 minute ago, Sheelah said:

Their are chess pieces? I wanna see!

I would be happy to just be able to pick things up and move them around at this point.  I have no idea how people are posting such high levels.  This is beyond me.  I'm beginning to think this game is unplayable.

Plays perfectly fine on Waterfox, even with multiple windows and tabs opened up at the same time.

I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do with my fort now 😂

I guess I'll figure it out with time... But I'm afraid I won't level up a lot because playing on mobile devices is a nightmare (the arrow doesn't go where I put my finger, dammit) and I won't be home a lot. I'll try anyway :P 

This game's really wonky on my Android and so I'm trying it on my laptop.  Nothing happens after the "Select a weapon to attack with" box....  how do I get a weapon?  Is there somewhere I need to click to get to a weapons page??

38 minutes ago, Keileon said:

To be fair, they're so easy to catch BECAUSE of the limits.

Nope, more like because there's a 3 fulll days of mass drop. If they were unlimited they'd still be limited to 4-8 for today and tomorrow because scroll limits and hatching "cooldown", and if the amount spawned got increased accordingly to match the raised limit, they'd be exacly as easy to catch. You think how on Earth the Holiday biome gets emptied despite the limit of 2?

becasue not enough of eggs are spawned- yet it still gets stuck at times! (even with Hollies)

The event kicked me.. I acidentally deleted the weapon and now can't retrieve it:<

Edited by VixenDra

Okay, I figured how to play this on mobile but it's really unhandy. Anyway i built something and waiting for resources. It's quite fun thought.

45 minutes ago, Keileon said:

Few notes.

1. You have to select move, THEN right click (just in case, not being patronizing)

2. If you have any addons that affect/trigger on right click (for me, it was Snaplinks) then disabling it will likely work.

Thank you sir. ❤️

12 minutes ago, Sheelah said:

Their are chess pieces? I wanna see!

There are. I wanted to go for corny and lay out the Sicilian defence dragon variation but after I set up the board I couldn't place the pieces on it :(

I'm trying to figure out how to scroll down and see all of the chess piece options or for any of them that require you to scroll down to see, but there's no indication of where to scroll. Also, does the reindeer do anything? 

I keep getting forts to attack that are unable to be attacked(cause they only have a tent which is already destroyed)

10 minutes ago, Wiz said:

There are. I wanted to go for corny and lay out the Sicilian defence dragon variation but after I set up the board I couldn't place the pieces on it :(

I don't even know what that is, but I never would have thought that it wouldn't be possible to put the chess pieces (almost wrote cheese pieces there XD ) on the board. That ...... kind of defeats the purpose?

Still waiting on the first drop of Mana here... I wanted Claudius. Claudius seems nice. Wonder if he could be destroyed though or would rather leave my fort before anyone attacks him... Or maybe destroyed items are just as good as dead dragons and he would turn enraged?

Edited by MiaLily

Well, it didn't look promising, and I was only able get 2 snowball corners, hours ago, and nothing since.  Oh, well.

17 minutes ago, Leidarendi said:

This game's really wonky on my Android and so I'm trying it on my laptop.  Nothing happens after the "Select a weapon to attack with" box....  how do I get a weapon?  Is there somewhere I need to click to get to a weapons page??

me too! i cant attack anyone because when it asks me to select a weapon, there are no options. I'm probably missing something completely obvious though 😅

My broken weapons can still fire, wasn't that fixed? Anyone experiencing that?

Also you can't atack with the reindeer?

Edited by Glaciarie

Many thanks to TJ and the spriters for the lovely new eggs, and for all the other parts of the Holiday event!

It seems that the game won't fully load in my web browser, no matter what I enable in NoScript. I get sound only, no visuals. (I am on a somewhat older machine, but my browser is the most updated that my OS can handle, and works fine on everything else). But hey, at least the badge appeared on my scroll once I loaded what I could.

Guess I'll spend the Holidays fixing up my IRL house instead of my snow fort (unless anyone has suggestions on how to make the game work in a web browser on Win XP).

Thanks again for all the lovely items and fun! Here's wishing everyone a safe and happy Holiday!

PS: How rare are the Leetle trees? Of course I would love to find one if possible. Do they only drop in the regular zones, or in the Holiday zone, or both?

1 minute ago, Shinsei said:

PS: How rare are the Leetle trees? Of course I would love to find one if possible. Do they only drop in the regular zones, or in the Holiday zone, or both?

Leetle trees drop year round, in the Forest biome, I believe.