Confused Cat

Progeny page: allow me to see which offspring I own

When I view the progeny page of a dragon I own that has a lot of offspring, it is sometimes hard to tell which offspring I own without clicking on each one.

I would like a way to see immediately which dragons I own.

(Names help a lot in my case, but when other users name dragons after their parents - which I think is great! - they might look like they're mine when they're not. It will be even more difficult for users who don't name all their dragons.)

The name of dragons I own could be in a different color, or (as in my example) with a different background, but maybe a symbol next to the name would be best since it would work on all the skins.

This is meant for when I'm looking at my own dragons' offspring pages, but if it is possible, it would also be nice to have on other users' progeny pages.

Sometimes I find a nice egg on the AP and am not sure if I already own a sibling (of which there might be dozens). This would be a useful way of checking.

suggestion_progeny_owned.png

(Edited in 2019 to place all the text above the fake screenshot for better readability.)

Edited by Confused Cat

That sounds really great. One could simply add a star or something like that to the name (or maybe put a bold box around the icon ofthe dragon).

Edited by Astreya

Support! It wastes so much bandwidth every time searching for one I may or may not own!

Oh my goodness, yes, this would help so much. I have a couple of pairings with lots of offspring, and sometimes it's really hard to find which of them I actually own. Sometimes, it's even none of them because I lost track of things, especially with holiday checkers. Or like this one, where I know I own two offspring from the main pairing. XD 

With my current naming system I usually know which ones are mine but I'd love for people to be able to see if they already have a sibling to an egg they picked up (via the parents' progeny page). Support in any case because I know it's hell for people with more creative names for their dragons... (and it's not their fault that I'm an uncreative potato)

Edited by Soulsborne

This would be fantastic to have.  You have no idea how often I pick up an egg from the AP I like only to discover after checking 10-20 offspring in the progeny I already have a sibling from a year before! :o

Yes, full support! I haven't even played Dragon Cave for that long but I've already run into this issue of losing track of offspring I already own.

This is a great idea; yes, please. :) I haven't run into any issues identifying my own offspring yet, but this would still make it easier, enabling me to see it at a glance.

YES PLEASE! I would absolutely love this feature!

Especially:

12 hours ago, Confused Cat said:

This is meant for when I'm looking at my own dragons' offspring pages, but if it is possible, it would also be nice to have on other users' progeny pages.

Sometimes I find a nice egg on the AP and am not sure if I already own a sibling (of which there might be dozens). This would be a useful way of checking.

I ran into this so many times. Thinking that I found a mate for one of my dragons on the AP only to find out it's a younger sibling is so frustrating

I would really like this too. Especially on some dergs, like my Aegis or my prize, which have lots of offspring. I can usually tell which are mine because of my naming scheme but it would still be useful for those I have not renamed or for users who don't do the name scheme thing.

SUPPORT!

Support. Not much use to me personally, but it's a nice quality-of-life improvement that shouldn't be hard to code.

I like the idea, too! I tend to know which names are (or might be :lol:) mine, but this feature would make things a lot easier, especially during the holidays!

Support this idea.  It would be handy to see if you own a pairing of that type that you forgot about (guilty!)

Bump. I would still like to see this implemented.

Here's a fake screenshot with a symbol next to my own dragons' names instead of a different background color. (It's a little house, as in "this dragon lives in my house". There might be better options... Maybe a heart, or a scroll symbol or something.)

image.png.8b32b74227afac70188680996a8a83cf.png

Still support this :) Mock-up looks really nice!! House symbol is a cute idea but scroll might be a bit more obvious as to what it means :3

Yes, please. Sometimes I forget which dragon offspring is on my scroll and I end up breeding the wrong thing or breeding something I already have. This would be very helpful.

As an example of why this would also be nice to have on the offspring page of other people's dragons: this AP find is named after this one... that I found on my scroll when I tried to name the newer one, and the name was already taken.  XD 

If dragons I own were easily identifyable on the progeny page, I would make sure I don't keep unnecessary siblings so they can make other people happy instead!  :)

This would be a real time saver for me, especially at holiday times when I'm trying to determine which pairs to keep an egg from!

Support! I would rather see a little icon than a different color but any implementation of this would be very useful. 

Supporting this, and don't really see any drawbacks either.