crocodile100

How long have you been with the Dragon Cave?

Hey all,

I’m a pretty ancient member of the Dragon Cave. I joined in 2009 when I was either 12 or 13 years old. I haven’t collected anything in something like five years, at least.

I just happened to be reflecting on life the past couple of days, and I remembered this site, successfully guessed the password, and got to this point. It just seems absurd that I’m about to turn 22. I don’t know where the time went, but I think I may stick around here for a bit.

Anyway, I’m so glad Dragon Cave is still around and going strong. This community is truly great. What is your story about finding the Dragon Cave, and how long have you been here?

I followed someone's signature link in a webcomic forum, and talked to them a bit about it.  I joined right during the V-day festivities a few days before Radiant Angels were released (2014).  At first I picked up some random eggs, then they told me I should probably grab the holiday eggs while I could.

I joined in 2008 (August, I believe) (it's been 10 years wow!). I don't really remember how I discovered DragonCave but I *think* I was first introduced to it because a few friends on a totally unrelated forum had dragons in their sigs. I know a handful of us on that forum played for a couple years, we had a thread dedicated to showing off our newest dragons, but I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who still plays. For the first few years I was more of a very casual player, and I took a few extended absences from DC, but I've been playing almost every day for the past three-ish years.

Hey all, 

Let's see I'm an "old" member like HeatherMarie. While I don't know the exact date that I joined, I'm sure it was in November of 2008 since Thoirnith here is my first dragon, and Aireyth is my first caveborn dragon! Alas, I don't remember how I was introduced to Dragcave, though my guess could be through a friend or possibly through Neopets.

Peace,

-Coyote

I joined in 2009 after seeing someone post about it on the Horizons, now Istaria, forum. They actually began posting about it in 2008. I had a hang-up about how many sites/communities to be active in at one time, though. I saw all the cute little dragons flying about in the signatures for an entire year. Eventually, I gave in and joined in 2009.

Always regretted waiting to join; missed some earlier-release stuff. Took a long, long break after a while, since I couldn't keep up with the new dragons coming out (college). Came back at the end of last year, at the same time that I decided to revisit Horizons/Istaria. Trimmed my scroll, which was another mistake. I had no idea that the trophies and BSAs were a thing now. So I made the trophies harder to get & let go of a lot of my Pink collection - they were extremely undesirable blockers alongside greens at the time, but they were very cute, so I had collected them (and had a miniature frozen army of them).

I was cleaning with the intention to have two of each breed and the frozens, but that went out the window when I realized 1000 were needed for Platinum. Decided to mark this extremely silly scroll-cleaning as a fresh start. I will clean it again, probably, after unlocking Platinum, since numbers won't matter. (Edit: Maybe not, then, as reply below says. Guess Plan B will be initiated, which involves a LOT of freezing!) Will finally be able to focus on a goal other than collecting. But I'll always miss those pinks.

Edited by 13310
Broke down massive paragraph into readable chunks.

2010. Someone on another forum I'm on started a thread about it and several of us joined.

@13310 if you clean after getting Platinum, you WILL go back down again,...

I joined in early summer 2011 after seeing eggs and hatchies in other people's signature in a small German writing community.

Have been active non-stop (though there have been months with less activits/less growing dragons) and I have no plans on stopping. :)

~Oct 13, 2008 or so is when I caught my first egg and have played ever since.  The original vampire release drama, the delay of the first seasonals release, the snow angel drama, the original Lagmonster, trying to arrange trades in the pre-gifting era, etc.  Good times!

My oldest dragon is from april 2010, so that's when I joined. I saw a dragon in someone's sig on another forum (a game forum, but no pet game) and they were talking about DC. Have been playing pretty much ever since, with only short RL related breaks. :D

I joined last year on April 1st, 2017. I was just randomly looking for online dragon games, came from Flight Rising, found this, thought it was cool, and I've been here since.

If only I had known about the April Fool Mint then, I could've had an awesome first derg. Sadly, I did not and have never managed to get one despite my attempts.

I joined around the summer of 2009. I remember my first new release being the August '09 release. I found Dragon Cave when I was browsing a Pokémon forum, and saw someone had these little dragons in their signature so I went to check them out. Since then I've been an active player all the way up to this day, never taking any breaks since I've had a lot of time in my hands through all these years. Just last spring I even got a friend to join DC. :)

13 hours ago, crocodile100 said:

Hey all,

I’m a pretty ancient member of the Dragon Cave. I joined in 2009 when I was either 12 or 13 years old. I haven’t collected anything in something like five years, at least.

I just happened to be reflecting on life the past couple of days, and I remembered this site, successfully guessed the password, and got to this point. It just seems absurd that I’m about to turn 22. I don’t know where the time went, but I think I may stick around here for a bit.

Anyway, I’m so glad Dragon Cave is still around and going strong. This community is truly great. What is your story about finding the Dragon Cave, and how long have you been here?

I'm an oldie that just recently found my way back to Dragon Cave too....Joined in 2008, was an active member till 2011, then took a 7 year hiatus.

I've found a lot has changed, but a lot has stayed the same too. And great seeing old names pop up in my feed. :D 

It's been a month and a day for me! I did see a bunch of dragons in signatures and such over the years but never really thought of joining until now.

Since 2009. I have played consistently over the years. I generally get less dragons in the summer though.

Edited by Whirlaway

I joined in January, 2009. It's going to be 10 years soon! I joined because I had seen dragons in other people's signatures on another forum. I have played mostly consistently during the decade.

I actually found DC while browsing encyclopedia dramatica back in the day and joined in the end of January 2009. I've played weekly since then. :3

Since 2010, right after the sweetlings came out. Saw the eggs in another forum's signatures.

Next month I will have been in the game 10 years.  I saw a link in someone's signature in another forum and popped by to check it out. Been around ever since. Funny thing is, this is the ONLY game I play. This sort of thing isn't my usual vibe.

I joined in 2009 and stopped playing in 2010. In 2015, I saw someone's post on Tumblr and remembered this game. I've been mostly active ever since.

Edited by obelisk_light

I joined in 2007.

I stopped playing in 2011. Don't even remember why, and remember the site about a week ago so now I'm back. :D

Pretty crazy how much has changed, I have a lot to learn again lol

March of 2008.  I found the eggs on another forum that had a topic entirely dedicated to them.  However, right as I started playing, the Fog appeared so I couldn't play again for awhile until it cleared.

I just celebrated my first year anniversary on dragon cave yesterday by getting myself some special dragons! Just last year I found the site because I had recentlyhad surgery and was incredibly bored and went on the look out for pet or collectible games to play.

Since 2012! I joined on the 4th of January after finding dragcave via someone's signature on a minecraft forum I used to go on. Then I played for a while as a noob, picking up messies and whatnot until Halloween 2012, when I decided to quit for good... at least until January 2013. And so that's how I managed to miss both the Snow Angel and Wrapping Wing releases!

7 years for now, since 2011.. I haven't collected anything in the first years, though. So many good Holiday releases missed... 

My friend recommended me this game, but I got bored really fast. ≥.≤

Edited by Asphyxia