crocodile100

How long have you been with the Dragon Cave?

On 10/12/2018 at 4:49 PM, Astreya said:

I joined some days before the release of the original Vampires in 2008.  As I had no clue of Holiday releases, I decided to stay away of the eggs that were "stone cold and smelled rotten" as I thought these were probably dead and would never hatch. Guess how annoyed I was about my stupidity a bit later XD

That reminded me of how when I started playing, I avoided to have any Green dragons on my scroll because I was scared that it would randomly earthquake and kill my eggs.

I only got over my paranoia in 2013 and got my first Green then.

I started playing in 2010 and my first dragon was one I traded for and got scammed with, the person I got it from said it was a rare Dorkface.. but it's not of the original pair :D

I decided to sign up after seeing eggs in someone's signature on the forum site Chicken Smoothie. That was in 2013, but I've taken a lot of long breaks from the site since then. XD

Edited by Aqub

Ten years, TEN! Admittedly quite a lot of that time I haven't been playing. I think I saw a dragon on someone's signature somewhere, way back in the dim and distant past. Wondered on over, loved the concept, got my partner and friend involved.... collected, got a Dorkface (are those still a thing?) and then when there were many changes to the game (including losing all of the names) I kinda wondered off again. I just looked at my oldedst dragon and my first stolen egg was 5th October 2008! Now I'm relearning how to play, and there are So Many Gorgeous dragons I need.

I joined November 2008. On a forum I frequented people were tired of all the begging for clicks and views, so there was a mass effort to viewbomb and kill others' eggs and hatchlings. I wanted to grab one of my own and see how long it'd last. There were all the original breeds like Whites, Magis, and Waters, but the two-headed Splits were cool since they had dimorphism. I caught one and it didn't die-- I'm thinking my forum was tired of the effort to viewbomb things, which subsequently made it harder for me to hatch and raise adults. Back then there was this whole thing about your scroll getting banned if you allowed too many dragons to die, so I'd toss stuff back if I thought they wouldn't make it in time.

The only other adult I raised before leaving and returning in 2010 was a Grey, who ended up getting deleted during one of the various rollback/glitches over the years. I think someone told me it involved dragons whose code started with a specific letter. I have a soft spot for Greys and (pre-revamp) Splits.

I too am among the older members ars I joined in 2009 myself. Sometimes I was off for a couple of months but no longer than that. I think the vampires helped to suck me in (bad pun there) as I thought they were the most unique idea on DC. Of course all the games on the major holidays helped also. 😄

Edited by Misha

2010, I think. But I keep taking hiatuses.

I need friends to keep interested in the game. Anyone wanna be friends? XD

I found Dragon Cave in August of 2016 from users putting eggs in their signatures on a forum I frequent. Since then, I've taken a few hiatuses.

October 2009. I wasn't really sure how to play for a while, since all my eggs kept dying from only having 4-5 views. I was present around the time of Halloween but never picked up any Pumpkins, since I tended to frequent the AP and picked up the prettiest eggs I saw (plus, I remember the 5-hour cooldown for Cave eggs annoyed me if I picked up one I thought was 'ugly', so I doubt I would've seen the Pumpkins anyway).

Edited by Niomedes

January 2009. I missed CB Yulebucks by a fraction. 😅

And I joined the forum on Valentine's Day 2009 because of all the drama and madness that was happening. Didn't manage to catch a CB either!

I stole my first clutch of four (4) CB eggs on November 22, 2010.  My children introduced me to the site; they had been bugging me for months to check it out but it wasn't until right after Halloween that they finally convinced me!  I have been an avid fan since then; almost 8 years.  Things have certainly grown and changed since then - all the new additions and such - it really is much different than it was all those years ago.  I'm still trying to collect my first Neglected and of course, still waiting to win a raffle to get my first CB Prize!!  I guess things of value are worth waiting for!!  :)

Too long*

*Oldest dragon is September 19, 2008.

**I have some old defunct scroll from before 'the fog' with like seven dragons or something. An ancient relic.

I joined just before Halloween 2008. My first egg was a Magi (laid Oct 23, grew up Nov 1). My next three eggs were Vampires.

I currently have 2,843 Vampires. They are my favorite dragon ^_^

Edited by jis99

I joined and got my first clutch of eggs on january 1st, 2015. Two of the eggs were a magi and a cassare, both of which i killed because i thought they looked ugly. I was very angry at myself when i realized the dead eggs would be on my scroll for 1-2 weeks (i forgot how long, i havent killed anything since then) and i could only have 2 eggs at a time until they disappeared 😑