TJ09

2018-07-01 - July Dragon Release

I never even saw the "glithced" release, I don't even know what they looked like! I'm bummed by missing out. :(

LOVE the black truffle, the rainbow is there but very subtle, like a more interesting version of the Black Alt. I imagine it’s going to get more and more difficult to find those in caves. Absolutely beautiful 😊

I quite like them! I like the oily sheen on the Black Truffles, but I’m not keen on the wings. Pyvoars are nice and dynamic, ventral plate scales are a general pet peeve of mine. I’ll be looking forward to seeing lineages made with these guys, thanks for the release ❤️

Really like the Black Truffles. The Pyrovar are okay, but not my favourite colour combination. Concerning them, I like the description more than I like the sprite.

Would be more hyped if they had dimorphism though.

Oh, and I think the Black Truffle's description lacks a "extinction" ;)

5 minutes ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

Why? XD 

Presumably, they have a mammalian body build — they do*. I just always see plate scales as interfering with the flexibility, like if they crossed an arm against the chest. Reptiles are comparatively inflexible, and even they don’t have scales like that. I’m not sure about borderline limbless ones, but certainly only actually limbless ones do.

Edited by RWyvern

Heeeey Black Truffles remind me of a more detailed alt black! I know what I'm hoarding next

And Pyrovars...I expected something cutesy and summery from such a bright egg, not...that...angry...thing. I like it! :D

Black truffles have elegant faces like alt blacks and I really love that! :wub:

13 minutes ago, RWyvern said:

Pyvoars are nice and dynamic, ventral plate scales are a general pet peeve of mine.

How do you see scales at that scale? All I see is that oily layer ...

(though now I'm confused whether you were talking about the BT's wings or the P's)

Edited by Ruby Eyes

1 minute ago, Ruby Eyes said:

How do you see scales at that scale? All I see is that oily layer ...

(though now I'm confused if you were talking about the BT's wings or the P's)

I’m talking about the pyrovar’s scales. Idk, I’ve just never liked scales like that on that body structure. They aren’t even that bad on this one, I just... don’t like them.

The BT’s wings bug me, too.

Thanks TJ and Spriters! :D

I particularly like the Black Truffles. :wub: I might have to start hoarding them...

Edited by Aurae

2 minutes ago, RWyvern said:

I’m talking about the pyrovar’s scales. Idk, I’ve just never liked scales like that on that body structure. They aren’t even that bad on this one, I just... don’t like them.

The BT’s wings bug me, too.

Do you mean the scales that crown the head and around the elbows?

...because the elbow ones bug me too.

Are they even scales? Fleshy protrusions? They seem like they would be uncomfortable for the dragon to move around with

2 minutes ago, Yhme said:

Do you mean the scales that crown the head and around the elbows?

...because the elbow ones bug me too.

Are they even scales? Fleshy protrusions? They seem like they would be uncomfortable for the dragon to move around with

No, the ventral scales. On the belly/ legs. Commonly drawn on dragons for... some reason. It can look okay sometimes, but with all the muscles — especially the complexity of the shoulders/neck. I mean... imagine trying to put those on a cat. Scales are like a suit of armour. Sacrifice mobility for defence.

But yeah, those elbow spikes too. Elbow spikes are perfect for poking yourself with if you get in a bad position. 

If anyone having trouble catching even a single Black Truffle egg - PM me, I have two I can gift! ;)

Ah, there's a major typo @TJ09 ' Once, these dragons were quite prolific, but their musky-smelling secretions were found to be useful in the making of perfumes and scented oils, leading the dragons to be hunted near the point of . Now, these dragons live..' To the point of what? Now, needs to be fixed

@RWyvernOooh okay gotcha!

Nope, those I think are one of the best parts on the sprite XD and they don't look like scales to me, more like thick hide...I guess?

I love the belly and the inside of the wings where the coloring literally looks like another set of arms. That'd be terrifying to see that flying at you

Edited by Yhme

9 minutes ago, RWyvern said:

No, the ventral scales. On the belly/ legs. Commonly drawn on dragons for... some reason. It can look okay sometimes, but with all the muscles — especially the complexity of the shoulders/neck. I mean... imagine trying to put those on a cat. Scales are like a suit of armour. Sacrifice mobility for defence.

But yeah, those elbow spikes too. Elbow spikes are perfect for poking yourself with if you get in a bad position. 

THANK YOU. I SENSE SOMEONE WHO INTERNALLY SCREAMS AT FANTASY ARMOR/SWORD DESIGNS.

(but you aren't necessarily sacrificing mobility when you put on armor. I've seen guys do somersaults in armor. What you're really sacrificing is endurance.)

Edited by Eeveecat1248

2 minutes ago, Yhme said:

@RWyvernOooh okay gotcha!

Nope, those I think are one of the best parts on the sprite XD (and they don't look like scales to me, more like thick hide...I guess?) I love the belly and the inside of the wings!

Each to their own! Like I said, it’s a pet peeve XD If it’s thick hide, that’s a... little better. Not much, but better. There’s a reason the thickest scales/hide is found on the dorsal sides of an animal’s body.

ETA: Eeveecat, you’d sense correctly! Goodness, even in my favourite game series... the problems are still there.

Edited by RWyvern

Pyrovars and Black Truffles, huh...

The Truffle's face reminds me of Cynder from the Legend of Spyro. It's a pretty nice-looking sprite, though I wish both the Truffles and Pyrovars had dimorphism. Oh well.

I like the Pyrovar's name, it sounds really cool. :D The sprite is alright. I kinda like the Truffles and I'm rather neutral towards Pyrovars -- not that it's a bad thing, of course, I tend to be really neutral about most of the breeds in-cave.

Not gonna hoard either of these, might occasionally pick them up every now and then. Thank you to TJ and the spriters.

Yay! They are grown. I am looking forward to lots of lineages with the gorgeous black truffle one. The Pyrovar  looks so fierce it's almost frightening. It will proably be harder to find mates for them, but I bet if a species fits it will look awesome.

Yay Adult!

Also...*reads Black Truffle description* IS THAT A NEW RARE?????

5 minutes ago, Laura-Lana said:

Yay! They are grown. I am looking forward to lots of lineages with the gorgeous black truffle one. The Pyrovar  looks so fierce it's almost frightening. It will proably be harder to find mates for them, but I bet if a species fits it will look awesome.

Yellow-Crowned Dragons could be a good match.

ETA- RWyvern- try the YouTube channel Skallagrim. He has some good videos analyzing fantasy weapons.

Edited by Eeveecat1248
adding a response

Yay pretty dragons \o/  Thanks TJ and spriters ❤️

Awesome! Finally, both dragons are all grown up. I don't think I could have guessed either of the breed names at all. 😆 Anyway, thanks to TJ and the spriters for this release!