TJ09

2018-07-01 - July Dragon Release

Just now, AroaraAngelwolf said:

So... The first black egg was a mistake of release? I've been looking for that one. Darn!

No, that one is released! You can find it in the biomes, just rarely.

Just now, Kaini said:

No, that one is released! You can find it in the biomes, just rarely.

Aww nuts! Been trying for that one! I love the egg look!

7 minutes ago, AroaraAngelwolf said:

So... The first black egg was a mistake of release? I've been looking for that one. Darn!

No, the muskies are fine. There was a different breed, gusties, that slipped in.

22 minutes ago, AroaraAngelwolf said:

No, it was a different blue egg, not the black one.

4 hours ago, Natevaelle said:

Speaking of official breed names, does anyone have any guesses? The musky dragons sort between Black Teas and Blacktips while the glassy dragons sort between Pyralspites and Radiant Angels. I suppose that the musky dragons will definitely start with the word 'black'. ^^

I think you're right. And the second part of the name may be a "th" word.

41 minutes ago, AroaraAngelwolf said:

Nope. Black eggs are around. You should find them in all biomes. They just seem to be rare-er

They are definitely not "the true rares", I see them far too often and it's far too easy to catch them. I'd say they're about as rare as zyumorphs or even more common. So, they're like uncommon, at least for now. 

I think as someone pointed out earlier Muskies and Hotties are equal in rarity, but because all the Hotties are grouped in one biome while the Muskies are spread out they’re easier to see and give the impression of being more common. :)

Someone mentioned that the color scheme Hotties reminded them of a DR. Well, they remind me of a DR too! Of Celestial Imitators, to be specific (still in DR so it's not spoiler).

I hope the Hotties end up having a Q name. Quartz, as someone mentioned?

3 minutes ago, Quetzals said:

Maybe "rare" like Coppers? High in demand? 

I don't see much coppers around, and mustys are dropping nearly every 5 minutes, I'd say it's 1-2 per drop. As I said, at least for now. Maybe it'll change, but they're definitely closer to uncommons than rares. 

8 minutes ago, Arisa said:

I don't see much coppers around, and mustys are dropping nearly every 5 minutes, I'd say it's 1-2 per drop. As I said, at least for now. Maybe it'll change, but they're definitely closer to uncommons than rares. 

Coppers are uncommons too. The only true rares are Gold and Silver, as far as I am concerned, followed by high uncommons like Unbreedables, Zyumorphs and Xenowyrms. I'd never say Coppers are high uncommons, they're as uncommon as Aeon Wyverns are. The fact that they are picked very fast is another story, but I see quite a lot (not when new releases). Well, every dragon is high in demand when it's released, right now I'd say Muskies are very wanted, but everything will settle down after 2-3 weeks.

Edited by Quetzals

Caught a musky in the AP!

Luckily, I think a bunch of people (me included!) dumped musky eggs both before and after the accidental alpine release. I know I sent at least two or three ...

2 hours ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

I think as someone pointed out earlier Muskies and Hotties are equal in rarity, but because all the Hotties are grouped in one biome while the Muskies are spread out they’re easier to see and give the impression of being more common. :)

When did the glassies become hotties? 😮

Mine have hatched! :) Well, most of them...

Well, everyone's also grabbing the brand-new Muskies FROM all biomes right now - they may turn out to be Cave-blockers, for all we currently know. In large, friendly letters, 'Don't Panic', lol.

The new ones are dropping in AP now as incuhatches.  I dropped one of my eggs to replace with er one

Thanks to TJ and all involved spriters for their involvement with these pretty dragoms.

The AP sure is handing over incuhatchable eggies! I've grabbed multiple of each, and could grab more if I had the space.

Of the NEW ones ? I must alert people... ;)

Saw this release late- caught the glassy eggs in about two seconds, but haven't even seen one of the black eggs yet! I will find you. @_@

Edit: Alright, I take it back. One musty egg has been yoinked. ^_^;

Edited by gotw3

Would anyone who hasn't gotten a Musty Egg yet want one?

Claimed

Edited by Data_Girl_3

"It has a slick, oily feeling hide."

Wait... is this a goo dragon? IS THIS A GOOEY GOO DRAGON??? *faints*

2 minutes ago, AVermiciousKnid said:

I'd rather we not have any 'regular monthly releases' at all if they're going to be this impossible to get (even with all the biomes).

This kind of stuff is getting super old.  :angry:

Not impossible, just very, very hard at the moment.

I think they'll become some sort of rares or at least uncommon.

7 minutes ago, AVermiciousKnid said:

I'd rather we not have any 'regular monthly releases' at all if they're going to be this impossible to get (even with all the biomes).

This kind of stuff is getting super old.  :angry:

Not impossible at all, just more uncommon then some... Definitely more uncommon then the 'hogwarts houses' release. There are actually a lot of the new ones going through the AP, I just caught a musty that way. That might actually be a better bet then the biomes right now. 

And, again, I'll point out that these are permanent releases and there is no reason to assume they will stay this hard to get forever. The first week is always the most chaotic, and is really not a good time to try to judge how hard they'll be to get later. (And I know some users actually don't even try for new releases for the first week or two, until the hype calms down... If you are getting too frustrated over it that might be an option.)

Edited by HeatherMarie