TJ09

2018-07-01 - July Dragon Release

Whoooooaaa, the Truffles are so pretty as adults 😮 I love the rainbow patterns on them, makes them a LOT more beautiful~

Eh, not a fan of either; the anatomy is wonky to an offputting degree in the Pyrovar and I'm just not a fan of the style of the Truffles. Not surprised, though, I wasn't too fond of any stage of either.

Hey...... Can we agree saying "this breed is so rare, wow" in a dragon description is just bad? I'm sure this is not likely to be changed for the current dragons, but please never allow this to be done again.  Seeing as like... the rarity itself is going to be dependent on how much people like them and whether they actually want to collect them.

Also, it reads like "LOOK AT MY NEW DRAGON IT'S SO RARE U HAVE TO WANT IT BC IT'S SO SPESHULLLL". Please just do not.

I was wondering if anyone could tell me what the egg description is and where I can find them at.

I really love the part in the description of their oil. I don't know, I think the truffles are amazing. I like the coloring and I think their pose is dignified. Of course, black is my favorite color. I just love the truffles so much.

I want to breed them with Florets or Black Teas. Black Teas really bad. I think they'll make perfect partners.

2 minutes ago, Aalbiel said:

Hey...... Can we agree saying "this breed is so rare, wow" in a dragon description is just bad? I'm sure this is not likely to be changed for the current dragons, but please never allow this to be done again.  Seeing as like... the rarity itself is going to be dependent on how much people like them and whether they actually want to collect them.

Also, it reads like "LOOK AT MY NEW DRAGON IT'S SO RARE U HAVE TO WANT IT BC IT'S SO SPESHULLLL". Please just do not.

+1

Don't mention rarity, mention hunting that leads to thinning numbers or whatever other reason all you want but it's best not to mention the rarity of a dragon at all, be it blocker or gold level.

There are more interesting things to talk about anyway, personality, living habits, ect, so it would probably be a better idea to just mention the rarity in a more subtle way like golds do with the hunting and then move on to some other trait.

Really, if it didn't push the "zOMG sO rArE" angle all I could ding it for would be a sloppy concept and an underwhelming sprite. As it stands, whichhas it worse: a dragon made out of gold or a dragon that coats everything it touches with a layer of smelly oil?

I dunno, while I don't particularly like the 'rarest breed' claim on the Black Truffles, it's not horrible... Aeons are 'the most elusive' and I don't remember there being a fuss about that. It's just wording, it doesn't necessarily mean anything in actual gameplay. 

19 minutes ago, Jack_Indivisible said:

Really, if it didn't push the "zOMG sO rArE" angle all I could ding it for would be a sloppy concept and an underwhelming sprite. As it stands, whichhas it worse: a dragon made out of gold or a dragon that coats everything it touches with a layer of smelly oil?

Not sure what you mean by 'worse'... I'm sure there are tons of reasons for different dragons to stay away from humans, they don't necessarily have to be gold or have valuable oil for humans to be a bother. And there is no mention of their oil coating everything it touches, their description doesn't say anything about the oil being *that* prolific.

edit: Omg I just showed my mom the new adults and her reaction of the Black Truffle: 'Oh, that looks like a Halloween one, scary!' I'm dying laughing over here!

Edited by HeatherMarie

I don't really see how the tidbit about being "one of the rarest" ruins the entire conecpt. Yeah, it could be a little misleading depending on how you interpret it, but it's only mentioned in the first line of the description. And, maybe it's just me, but I definitely don't get a zOMG sO rARE vibe from those four words. If you don't like the dragon or concept, wording won't change that. Just don't collect them. There's no reason to insult the artist.

That being said, I cannot wait to pair these with Omens and Black Teas. I wish mine would hurry up and mature already.

2 hours ago, Jazeki said:

I also noticed the rainbows on the Truffles. They're kinda neat...even if I've never seen oil pooling on any animal. The sheen sort of reminds me of those pretty rainbow snakes.

Me too! They do remind me of a rainbow boa, and I love them! They will be really nice with some of the subtly shimmery things like xenos, sapphire, and soulstone! Maybe kingcrowne, too. They also remind me a bit of shimmery bird feathers like on crows or rooster tails. 

Edited by Ribombee

I really don't 'do' lineages, never really attempted making any specific lineage.... But Black Truffles with Omens is *SO* tempting!! They really look surprisingly great together, considering how difficult Omens seem to be to pair in general. 

52 minutes ago, Jack_Indivisible said:

a dragon that coats everything it touches with a layer of smelly oil?

OMG - now I want to know if Luminas will shed after breeding with them :O

Where is everyone getting that it coats everything it touches with oil? I don't see that anywhere in the description. Was it something the spriter added somewhere in the thread?

I don't think they DO actually ;) I just think it would be interesting to get another dragon who makes Luminas shed (also they kinda look like they're covered in oil)

1 minute ago, Herk said:

I don't think they DO actually ;) I just think it would be interesting to get another dragon who makes Luminas shed (also they kinda look like they're covered in oil)

Oh, I keep seeing it popping up, so I thought there was some bit of description I was missing. It would be cool if they made Luminas shed! I think they look like rainbow boas, though, more so than being covered in literal oil. Either way, I like them! I am excited to plan lineages! 

32 minutes ago, The Dragoness said:

I don't really see how the tidbit about being "one of the rarest" ruins the entire conecpt. Yeah, it could be a little misleading depending on how you interpret it, but it's only mentioned in the first line of the description. And, maybe it's just me, but I definitely don't get a zOMG sO rARE vibe from those four words. If you don't like the dragon or concept, wording won't change that. Just don't collect them. There's no reason to insult the artist.

You'll notice there was specifically no insult. Although you won't find me complimenting anyone on their writing when they submit a completed description with whole words missing out of it. Anyway, it has been misinterpreted already, by people asking for ridiculous things in trade because it says "rare" in the description. Lots of people don't go on forums, and have only that to go on. They won't get what they're asking for so it won't skew trade values, but they will get a nice load of disappointment.

Edited by Aalbiel

1 minute ago, Thaliel said:

no luck on hourly drops with murky. guess I'll just hope my two turn out as one male and one female

If not, you can do a gender swap trade. Usually they are pretty easy to get gender swaps for new releases. :) 

14 minutes ago, Ribombee said:

Where is everyone getting that it coats everything it touches with oil? I don't see that anywhere in the description. Was it something the spriter added somewhere in the thread?

They don't look like they're covered in oil, but their hatchling description ("slick, oily hide") strongly implies it. So I think it's just assumed that they would get oil on stuff, since oils spread really easily.

I wonder if they would go well with Stripes. They're both sitting, both colorful and covered in stripes...

I do have to second people on them making me think rainbow boas / shiny crow feathers. I’m really glad they got brightened. :)

@Aalbiel people have been in panic rare mode since literally day one of release, so I don’t think the description has much to do with it. People were already acting insane, haha. And typos / missing words in descriptions happen almost 50% of the time, for some reason, so I have to wonder if it’s a programming error or TJ having to manually type stuff in and missing something or what. It’s kind of silly that it’s been going on as long as it has, which is why I assume it’s more than just nearly every artist on this site not knowing how to spell, which would be pretty unlikely. It doesn’t make a huge deal in the long run, but it does look a bit unprofessional considering how hard DC has worked to polish up most things.

7 minutes ago, Aalbiel said:

You'll notice there was specifically no insult. Although you won't find me complimenting anyone on their writing when they submit a completed description with whole words missing out of it. Anyway, it has been misinterpreted already, by people asking for ridiculous things in trade because it says "rare" in the description. Lots of people don't go on forums, and have only that to go on. They won't get what they're asking for so it won't skew trade values, but they will get a nice load of disappointment.

People were asking ridiculous things for them before TJ's even became adults! So I don't think the description is at fault. The fact that they are a bit difficult to grab right now in the cave probably explains it a lot better!

And I'm not sure we should assume that the description was submitted with whole words missing out of it. Mistakes can happen at any point in the process. Mistakes! 

I'm really getting cranky in my old age, I guess, but this whole thread is beginning to remind me of the song, Pick a Litlle, Talk a Little from The Music Man! And if you aren't old enough to know what I'm talking about, just google it. XD