AroaraAngelwolf

From light into darkness

He nodded and turned off the camera and removed his jacket, letting his demon side out. He sighed in relief and nuzzles her. "I love you. Good luck. I'll join you when I get calm. " He turned off the lights and closed the curtains and sat on the couch in the pitch black room. 

She purred again when she felt his nuzzle before hearing what he said afterward. “I love you too and thanks. See you later,” she said in reply before kissing him on the cheek and then left his office after he had turned off the lights and closed the curtains and she had closed the door behind her. She walked down the hall to the meeting room, finding the members of the Canary Company already there. “I apologize that I’m late. Jach and I were finishing up going over something with our secretary before I came here. Jach will be joining us soon with the record you requested so you can review it,” she said in greeting and with an apologetic smile before sitting down in an empty chair. “Anything new happen with your company since we last talked?”

Edited by SkySong278

"Our gross net worth went down, same with stalks. The oil company refused to trade with us, or use our ships although we come from the same country. Their slander moved our stalks down by ten points. And what happened here?" The elder woman said pointing to the large crack on the table and the now doorless opening. 

The younger one piped up. "So this contract, let me get things straight here, it is to renew it correct?" She asked. "Can changes be made to it or is it set? I think it should be changed to fit the coming times, it's been a long time since this contract was made, nearly a hundred years... I would think a contract can't be that old."

“Oh I’m sorry to hear about your money and stocks going down. That’s not fair that, that oil company isn’t trading with you anymore and I wonder why they’re not. Oh that’s due to an incident that happened today. We’ve had the table for awhile so it was only a matter of time until something happened to it. Someone slammed their fist too hard on it during a board meeting that happened in here this morning. Got a bit too excited about an idea. The door was starting to squeak so it got taken out. We’ll find another door to replace it with soon,” she said in reply to the elder woman’s statements and question before hearing what the younger one said and asked.

“We can certainly renew it if you’d like. We can go over it and see if anything needs to be edited out or added in. We can also make it a bit more for now if you’d wish. You’d be surprised,” she said in reply with a small smile although the last thing she said was mostly muttered to herself and under her breath.

Jach came inside the room looking tired, but less angry and sat down next to his wife pulling out the contract. He also pulled out the special quill and the young woman made a face. "That thing is ancient! I'm not signing with that pen, I have my own." She said pulling out a laptiz fountain pen. 

"This is a fountain pen. The ink is special, it won't break down over time or fade away like regular ink too, and it's the only thing that can show up on the paper. " He said softly. He cleared his throat and started to go through the contract, reading it and explaining it.  One of the first few paragraphs included one about recordings of each meeting. "Wait, so this one is recorded too? Or is it just supposed to be paper and pen like it would be when this contract was made?" Jach then explained that, yes, he had a tape recorder in his suitcase that started as soon as it opened up (and was still opened up on the table, just pushed to the side a little) and it was signed by the elderly woman next to her where the addition to recording devices be used and copies made then sent to both parties and a pair kept in records at his house in France. 

Part way through the trade deals the younger one interrupted again. "But what about data and computer safety? This sounds archaic and I really don't want to sign a outdated and we changed our policy on men attending meetings fifty years ago. The co-runned with a man now. A contract should be digital now anyways. I won't sign a contract so constricting!." 

Jach stopped and rolled up the contract setting it in his briefcase. "Then we're done. It was a pleasure doing business with you over the past hundred years. "

"Wait, I have a contract you can look at. " She said handing him a small amount of papers. 

Jach skimmed it and threw it back on the table. "This is garbage, it looks like it was done by a toddler in crayon suffering from tremors along a wall.  Within the first four paragraphs I have found five loopholes allowing me to embezzle, break, absorb and to exploit your company. If this is what you showed the oil company no wonder they broke the deal with you. There is a reason why Leviathan- now JSZ shipping's- contracts are being studied in ivy league schools and in the best law schools in the world. Tell me this, how many companies have gone belly up in the past hundred or so years with our company? I'll tell you. Only two. 

The two I mentioned went bankrupt because of a broken contract or refusing to ask for aid. Canary has been in business for almost two hundred years, empowering women throughout the decades with their philosophy. If you are telling me that you want to throw all of that away then so be it. A company is a business and is like a building when it comes to the work it puts onto it. If your foundation is shaky, it'll collapse. The canary company has a very firm foundation, and right now you're telling me to let the building be pre-existing, only you to want to knock out the foundation and replace it with a poor quality material. " He pointed to the presented contract. "If this is what you have been getting others to sign, no wonder you lost the oil business. " He said leaning back in his chair. 

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

Sam smiled at Jach when he arrived before having her attention go back to being on the Canary Company members that they were having a meeting with. She suppressed the urge to roll her eyes at the younger woman’s statement about the pen that was brought out being ancient and ended up just sighing instead.

She smiled a bit when hearing what he said as an explanation and really hoped that they could get through the contract explanation without any further questions and statements said by the younger woman. She ended up being wrong when the latter asked about it being recorded. She let out a small sigh yet again and also ended up not smiling this time when her love patiently explained that it was being recorded and that her older partner had signed an agreement about it.

She sighed a third time at the younger woman’s interruption when they got to the part regarding the trade deals. She then frowned a bit when she heard that she didn’t want to sign something so outdated as well as what she said about it being digital nowadays and also them changing their policy on men attending meetings. “I wanted him to sit in because he can explain this stuff better than I can and also so that it would go more quickly,” she said with her hands folded on the table’s surface in front of her.

She leaned back a bit in her chair when Jach rolled the contract up and put it back in his suitcase, waiting for the end of the meeting so that they could leave the conference room. Her eyebrows rose slightly when she heard the younger woman say that she had a contract for him to look at before seeing the small stack of papers that were handed to him.

When she heard what he said after skimming it briefly, she looked a bit surprised but then that faded when she saw some of the wording on the first page.  She silently agreed with what he said about it looking like a toddler had written it against the wall while having tremors before hearing everything else he said and asked. She, again, silently agreed with everything that he said and then leaned back in her chair again when he did. “I guess this concludes our meeting and business with each other unless you have anything else to say or would like to revoke your earlier statement about not wanting to sign our original contract we have with you or would you like tips on how to rewrite your contract?” she asked after a few more minutes of silence had passed with her arms now crossed over her chest.

Edited by SkySong278

The young woman blinked then turned to her elder. "You never told me JSZ shipping used to be the Laviathan! They where the biggest Shipping industry in the world! We're working with Nazis!" She shouted.

Jach groaned his German- french accent getting thicker as he spoke. "I am not a Nazi. The company rebranded after our shipping containers were commandeered and used to ship Jews to the Auschwitz concentration camp. I am just as appalled as what my country did to those millions of innocent people. Many also forget that when the Nazis took power they first ostracized their own people. They ransacked my ancestral home in Germany, then attempted to do the same in France all because of my company unwillingness to bow to a totalitarian set on genocide. The last thing I want to have my company associated with, are Nazis. Therefore the rebranding and renaming of the company, but my family's seal remains the same. Edna, I suggest you either get a new president of your company, or we'll sever our ties now. You are still in charge, this meeting is only formalities to be considered for the new president of the company. I believe your new president needs to have a lesson on decorum and class before the date of the official contract renewal comes up. Otherwise I'll let it expire, and this alignment would dissolve. " He said pinching his nose. 

"I have had enough of women being stubborn, stupid and infuriating on this joyous day of life! I found out I am going to be a father of my own child and we secured a deal with Amazon only for our oldest allies to show their ugly sides. First my secretary sexually harassed me, and now a treasured union of mine is going down the toilet because some hot headed child is not understanding of how and why the process is what it is. If you have no respect for traditional contracts then we are finished." He deadpanned his eye twitching angerly. 

Edna, the older woman waved her companion down. "Easy now. I told you but you were too busy and not listening. I will have a discussion about this with my chosen president, however let's continue with the contract, my copy seemed to be damaged around clause thirteen, paragraph eight, section two." She said softly flipping her copy to show the water damage to the page. It was smudged badly.

Jach didn't even pull out the contract to look. "Ah! The section on assistance on legal actions in extortion and embezzlement cases within the company. Looks like someone spilled something all over it, very badly damaged everything is illegible. " He seemed to calm focusing on the work. He said what it should saw, word for word having Edna check the original document. They finished up with the explanation and discussed changes to it in a cordial fashion. "See? If you listen granddaughter, you will understand that it has more freedom to do what we want, just it makes sure that if something went wrong, we have a safety net. I don't see anything that needs to change it. Shall we sign?" She took the quill.

The young woman who sat there quietly after Jach's outburst and Edna's scolding seemed to realize how much this contract covered and looked at her own flimsy one. "First.... I would like to ask for lessons on how to write one so...extravagant and extensive. You're family seemed to think of everything that could possibly go wrong, and added a failsafe to it. Do you think you could teach me?" She asked them both meekly. 

Sam also groaned but softly when she heard what the younger woman shouted before gently putting a hand on one of Jach’s knees under the table in order to try to comfort him a bit, especially when he said the last few statements. She felt the same way he did but didn’t say it. She then sighed a bit in relief when Edna seemed to resolve the situation quickly by bringing up a damaged section to her copy of the contract. She took her hand off of his knee when he seemed to calm down while telling her what it should say and as it was corrected. Then she heard what Edna said next to the younger woman that was her granddaughter and was glad when she seemed to understand about everything that was said in their earlier conversation.

“Of course. I’ll also be sitting in on it but I’ll let Jach do all the talking on how to write them. I know some but he explains it better,” she said in reply with a smile on her face.

Edited by SkySong278

She nodded and took the pen signing it with her full name and her grandmother did the same. Jach stamped it with his seal and rolled it up once again. "I'll get you another copy of the contract to replace that ruined one. Just head to the records room and ask the clerk for your copy in about ten minutes. Feel free to enjoy the refreshments here. " He waved to the coffee, coco and bagels on a different table to the side. "While you wait. I think it's time we head home love..." He said softly on the last part to Sam laying his forehead on top of her head for a moment. "You want to drive? I'm emotionally exhausted and just want to go home and curl up by the fire in my snuggie with a good book." He muttered.

Sam watched as they got the contract signing resolved before hearing what he said to them regarding enjoying refreshments while they wait for a new copy of their contract to be ready in the records room. She then had her full attention be on him when she heard what he said softly to her about going home along with if she wanted to drive due to him being exhausted. “Sure. Before we leave, though may I get a bagel and cocoa for the road?” she said and asked softly in reply with her best puppy-eyed pout.

Edited by SkySong278

Jach had his eyes closed and was starting to shake his head in rejection, opening them as he did so and stopped. His mouth also opened and closed between sighs and a few words. "I'd rather we-.." Sigh. "..... You just ate-........ " Sigh. "Alright a bagel and a cup to go. I'll go drop this off at the records room then go see if Carol's things have been packed up yet. I'll meet you in the parking lot." He said and kissed her softly on her pouty lips. "Dangerous woman, you know exactly how to get your way. You've gotten too good at that look, it is my bane." He joked softly giving her a Eskimo kiss closing his briefcase ending the meeting. He nodded to the three ladies then headed out the doorway to the records room first. 

Sam’s eyes brightened a bit when she heard his official answer to her question before nodding and her puppy-eyed pout faded before she was kissed softly on the lips by him. She then giggled a bit when she heard the rest of what he said and said in reply, “Well I’ve had plenty of time to practice it and thanks.” She then kissed him back softly before he left to go to the records room. She got up a few minutes later and also nodded at the two women that had come from the Canary Company for the meeting before getting a bagel and to-go cup of hot cocoa and then heading to her office to shut down her computer and to lock the door as well as close the curtains afterward. When all of that had been done, she headed towards another staircase that led directly down to the parking lot and when she found their car, she stood next to it and waited for Jach.

Edited by SkySong278

Jach came down and walked out once again looking irritate and tired. "The wretch destroyed her office and threw her phone at the wall taking a magnet to her laptop. I'll be sending her a bill later. Let's go home. I'm done for the day. " He got into the passenger side and shut the door setting the remote start key on the console for her. 

Sam frowned a bit at the news that Jach said before getting in the car after he did. “That’s very unprofessional,” she said with a sigh before pressing the engine start button and then putting it in drive (assuming it was backed in) to head towards home. “Feel free to sleep a bit while I drive,” she said as she had her attention be on the road so that she could focus on where she was going.

Edited by SkySong278

Jach hummed a response, already resting his head on the window eyes closed. His body moved with the car and by the time they got to the winding driveway he was snoring softly, head against her shoulder. He groaned when the movement stopped and the engine was shut off. "Book and wifey time?" He mumbled sitting up and undoing his belt. He got out, stretched and slipped off his coat, removed his shirt and let his wings and tails appear. 

Sam briefly looked over at him and couldn’t help but smile a bit at seeing him already asleep. She then smiled a bit more when she felt his head on her shoulder when she pulled into their driveway but then almost let out a sound of disagreement when she pulled it into their garage with their other cars and stopped it and he woke up, resulting in his head no longer resting on her shoulder anymore. “Mhm. That time is much needed,” she said in reply to his question before also undoing her own seatbelt and then getting out of the car afterward to stretch a bit as well. She made sure to get her to-go cup of cocoa and the bagel as well as the key fob for the car. “Shall we?”

Edited by SkySong278

Jach nodded and headed inside. He got undressed on the way to the bedroom and changed into some comfortable pants before picking up his book and lounging on the couch with his reading glasses on his nose.  He patted a spot beside him she could curl up in with her own book. 

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

Sam followed after him and changed into a pair of sweat pants and a long lounging shirt before bringing over her own book as well as her bagel and cocoa to the couch, then resting her back against his side as she curled her feet up in front of her on the couch, and then eating a bite of her bagel as she did so.

Edited by SkySong278

He sat in comfortable silence with her, his copy of Angels and Demons dropping on his chest as he fell asleep once more. His phone started to ring, a Carol of the bells ring tone, Carol's phone tone. Jach ignored it. 

((edited it))

Sam finished eating her bagel and now just drank her cocoa while reading. When Jach’s phone started to ring, she glanced over at who it was out of curiosity and saw that it was Carol. She made a face before having her attention be back to being on her book, ignoring it as well for a few minutes. After that time, she ended up answering it and trying to sound as pleasant as she could: “Hello. How may I help you?”

Edited by SkySong278

((I edited my post to have her answer it))

"Oh it's you. Why are you answering his phone?! You can't do that?!  Tell him I want my raise he promised me! This check is too low and I will persecute him Cort! He'll hear from my lawyer, he's in breach of contract!" She hung up. Jach had one eye open. "What'd she want?"

Sam just listened to everything she said, reading while listening but not saying anything. When Carol hung up, she put the phone back down on the table and then heard his question afterward. “Her main concern was why I was answering your phone and that I can’t do that before she said to tell you that she wants the raise you promised her. The check she got was too low and that she’d prosecute you in court as well as you hearing from her lawyer due to it being a breach in contract,” she said in reply before putting a bookmark in the spot where she stopped reading for now and then put it down on the table. Then she turned slightly and wrapped her arms around his neck before nuzzling it with a small purr-like sound.

Jach was silent for a while eyes fixed on a corner of the ceiling in thought. "Nnnnope. Not a breach. She was told she might get a raise this week however might doesn't mean will. And you're on the phone plan too. You have every right as my wife to answer my phone. " When she curled up and nuzzled him a tail curled around her leg and his wing folded over her, blanketing her in warmth. "Snuggle time?" He said marking his own book and setting it down before wrapping his arms around her holding her close. His own purr bubbled in his chest.