AroaraAngelwolf

From light into darkness

Jach followed her grabbing his ever present cane that now had a stuffed Zen attached to it. The snake had died long long ago but he still kept the body as a comfort, his favorite beloved snake will always be with him. 

He picked up his briefcase on the way out, popped the hood to throw the cane and case in the empty space then got in after unplugging the car starting it. "Off to work we go. " He said in a slight deadpan obviously wanting to stay home and snuggle with her. 

----

Once in Denver, about a half hour or so drive it took another twenty to get to City center and then he pulled into a elegant building that looked like a hotel crossed with a business skyscraper. Parking in his executive spot he helped her out and they took the private elevator to the top floor of the sixteen story building to their offices and meeting rooms. His posture and face changed, going from playful to professional and he strode from the elevator with the air of a well seasoned old class businessman.  

"I have some paperwork to go over before the meeting so I'll be in my office, the Canary company is also going to meet with us, of course they require your presence, the next head of the company will be there to learn the ropes and the details of the contract, so would you be a dear and pull that out of the record room? You can send the secretary Carol there, she hates that place. They'll be bringing their copy just in case of any discrepancies happened over the century.  That meeting is at one. We'll have time for a good lunch, unless you want to order in something and watch a movie or something in my office." He said with a smile. He stopped in front of her office, room 1665 like always, his room had the infamous number 666 etched into the door. He made it a habit to always have buildings that end in the number six. It was his way of saying he is a ruthless businessman, in China, his room is triple seven, the number most avoided by most planners for it sounds so close to the word used for death in Mandarin.  

He leaned down and kissed her softly,then gave a pointed look at a shadow in the window of room 1664 Carol's room, pulled Sam into a deep kiss then whispers: "Show her what the Queen of the damed is made of sexy darling. " With a wink he strode into his room and closed the door. 

“Mhm and I wish we didn’t,” she said in reply with a small sigh after he had started the car and started to drive towards work. She had noticed that he had brought his cane and had felt sad when she had seen the stuffed Zen attached to it for she missed him greatly.

»«»«

She enjoyed the car ride to Denver and then to city center afterward before they arrived at their work building. She let out a small resigned sigh when he helped her out of the car after he had parked, not really wanting to be there but knew that they needed to get some work done all the same. Maybe they could leave a bit early later after they had their meetings and didn’t have anymore as well as finish up the paperwork they needed to get done but she’d bring that up with him during their lunch break.

She was quiet in the elevator on the way up to the top floor where they worked, she didn’t have much to say, and then listened to everything he said after they had gotten out of it when they reached their floor. “Alright and sure I can do that. Okay and maybe I can order some Chinese takeout for us to enjoy in your office while we watch a movie,” she said and suggested in reply just before they stopped in front of her office. She kissed him back just as softly as he did her before he kissed her again but deeper this time and she matched it. She then heard what he whispered to her when he pulled away and nodded before saying in reply before he went into his office, “As you wish.”

Then she went into her own office and also shut the door before starting to get some work done. A couple hours or so later, she put down what she was working on, opened her door, and then went over to Carol’s office. She knocked on the door to let her know she was there before entering. “Would you like to go with me to the record room to get a contract for Jach for the Canary Company? I need a bit of a break and I’m sure you need a small one as well,” she asked and said with a smile on her face.

Edited by SkySong278

Carol froze when the knock came and Sam came in. Plastering on a faux smile she stood up and straightened the form fitted scarlet cocktail dress. She figured from the woman's tone,it wasn't exactly a request. "I would love to." She said flipping her warm cinnamon curls over her shoulder. She sauntered out and followed the CEO to the records room. "I have a bit of asthma, so the dust in here always gets to me." She lies, unbeknownst to Carol, Sam had received the ability to tell what are falsehoods when she married Jach, and over many years had been able to refine that power. "You look lovely today. I like your hair pin." Another lie. Carol hated everything about this woman, she had no idea why such a handsome man would be so dedicated to a woman with very little curves, awful lank hair and such weird eyes. She had a great body, big breasts and butt but all perfectly proportionate to each other. She wore short dresses with low cuts to show her body, she gave him (Jach) the most obvious hints that any man would be begging like a dog for, and still he had the gall to kiss this woman knowing she was there?! Carol knew that any man at some point in their marriage got board of the same old lady and need to scratch that itch somehow. She just needed to find a weak spot, something that'll make him putty in her fingers. 

"So, how long have you been seeing the Mr. Echlare? I know every two years you both make a trip to Paris, on your anniversary. I've been here ten years and nobody can tell me about you both, did you two get married out of highschool or something?" She asked trying to keep a light tone. Surly it can't all be paradise can it?

Sam stiffened slightly when she heard both lies come from the secretary’s mouth but didn’t let on that she knew that both statements the former said were lies. Instead she said in reply to both with a smile on her face, “Jach mentioned something similar to that earlier but I figured you needed a bit of a break so that’s why I asked and thank you. So do you.” The first part of the first statement she said back in reply was a lie as well but the second short statement she said was not. As she browsed the records for the one she was looking for, for the Canary Company she heard both the question and statement Carol said and asked next while tensing again. “I’m not seeing him. I’m his wife and yes we do, do that. No I didn’t marry him straight out of high school; it was more around a few years after I graduated college. We married when we were both in our twenties and I think we’ve been married for five years now but it could be more. I lost count.”

Once she found the record, she picked it up and then went back over to where Carol was. “Found it so lets head back. Also he told me that you’re making him a bit uncomfortable with your attempts at wooing him and would like you to stop. He’d also like to take you out for lunch for your birthday and wants to know where you’d like to go. I’ll also be joining in on that so let us know where you’d like to go when you’ve thought of a place,” she said with the smile no longer on her face before she turned and started to head back towards their offices. When she made it back to where they were, she went over to Jach’s office and knocked on the door.

Edited by SkySong278

Carol narrowed her eyes at Sam's sudden short replies. Trouble in Paradise? Interesting. "Oh alright will do." She said and went back into her office. 

--

Jach was writing and typing with his hands, one on the computer and the other with a pen in it. He looked up at her. "Hey dear. How did it go?"

Sam sighed a bit in defeat after shutting the door behind her and sitting down at his desk, putting her head on her arms after setting down the Canary Company record down on its surface. “Worse than I wanted it to. Some statements I said were a bit short which she might take to mean that there’s trouble between us. I tried to be firm when I said that she was making you uncomfortable but I fear that she might try harder in her attempts to seduce you more. I’m sorry,” she said not looking up from her arms.

Jach put down his pen and pinched his nose. "Well, we'll figure out something. " He said softly. He reached over and took her hand. "This isn't the first time someone tried to seduce one of us to get money. Remember back in 1860's that old cowboy kept flirting with you to get the job that had the key to the safe while I was away preparing for the railroad? This is no different.  You know nobody will take me from you so don't worry about it. " He said with a smile. 

Sam looked up at him with unshed tears in her eyes when she felt him take one of her hands in one of his and listened to everything he said. “Yes, I remember. He was handsome but you’re more so. You really mean that? I’m worried that she’ll be successful. I tried to tell her that I was your wife but she didn’t really react to that. I think if you told her off she might listen. She hates me. She told me two lies in our conversation,” she said in reply with a small sniff before wiping her eyes with her other hand. “I also told her to tell us where she’d like to go for her birthday.”

Edited by SkySong278

Jach got up letting go of her hand and moved around the desk kneeling in front of her. He placed his hands on her cheeks thumbs lightly rubbing her cheeks. "Honey, she's beautiful, but I don't go for women who have flotation devices put in their butts and breasts. Now I've been married to you for a little over a hundred and fifty years. If I where a human man, perhaps I'd be tempted, however I'm the King of Hell, judge of souls, punisher of the wicked. And you are my Queen. You serve as the jury, giver of Mercy, reviewer of the repentant, and my soul.  You know I only speak the truth, and if I had any thoughts of cheating I wouldn't be able to renew my vows biannually. " He said softly.

His thumb trailed over her lips. "You are the only one who has the ability to turn me on, let alone seduce me. I will tell her off again and be firmer with her this time. " He kissed her softly then leaned on her lap softly kissing her belly too. "You are carrying my child, Bell is wrong, there is no seven year itch twenty year scratch or whatever he used. You my dear are the only woman I will love...  For now. A few little buns might be girls.at least we'll know they'll have white hair like us."

Sam sniffed a bit more before he gently wiped her tears away with his thumbs and she listened to everything he said in the first few statements or so. “I do know that you only speak the truth and okay. I feel better now. I think my pregnancy hormones are starting to get to me,” she said in reply with a small smile.

She shivered slightly when he rubbed his thumb over her lips before hearing the last few things he said after he softly kissed both her lips and belly and she had kissed him back on the lips. “I’m glad and I can’t wait till we have girls. I can dress them up and put bows in their hair. Maybe this one will be a girl and speaking of, when should I go to the doctor for a check-up on this?” she said and asked in reply.

Edited by SkySong278

"Three weeks. That's when you should get a check up. I already scheduled it yesterday so you don't have to worry. "Hormones are a good sign. Remember, it's been a hundred years since you where human. Your body has fully changed to a demon by your first heat. Demons develop faster than humans. You saw this with Zander. You experiencing hormones so soon is a sign of a healthy developing baby demon. Bell told me that if you start to be violent or angry, it's more likely to be a boy. More sorrow and lustful emotions are probably going to be a girl. Although he did have a few times where the emotions where switched on genders. " He said softly gathering up the paperwork for the meeting at ten. "It's about time for the board meeting. I'll get going, it's three floors down and the elevator traffic is awful at this time. " He said and kisses her once more. "You don't have to join me on this one, it's just office plans, stock market jargen and promotion discussions. You do have a call from the director in new York City waiting on line two and three interviews for internships waiting in the lobby. I love you my Persephone." He said with a purr as he walked out of the room.

“Oh okay and thank you for doing that for me. I’m glad that it means it’s a good sign the baby will be healthy. That’s all good to know regarding the hormones and which gender of the baby they go to and yes I do remember that,” she said in reply while watching him get up to collect papers for the board meeting that was going to be at ten as well as hearing everything else he said about her having a call with the director that was in New York City and what line it was on and some interviewees that were waiting. “Okay and I love you as well my Hades,” she said in reply with a purr of her own before he left his office and towards the elevator. With a small sigh she got up as well, went over to her office, closed the door, and then pressed the two button on her phone to talk to the NYC director.

“Good morning Director. I was talking to Jach about some other business things and was unaware I had a call from you until he told me. What can I help you with?” she greeted with a smile in her voice.

Edited by SkySong278

"Hello madam, I have a genealogist here who would like to be able to access your family records. She is doing research for a client and it apparently lead to your marriage record and anything containing your family history is sealed legally. I have the lawyer and the paperwork in front of me, I can fax them over so I can get your signature to approve of this." She said her tone going into a disapproving one. "She refuses to tell me the basis of her research and her client's identity to clarify further, however she says that it's a family matter for somehow her client's family is attached to yours by some distant relative. "

---

Jach went through the meeting. When the discussed bonuses and raises for workers, Carol came in and pulled him out for a second to tell him where she'd like to go and that she'd make a reservation for them. He told her to make sure it's for three people and he'd be triple checking.

He and the board where stunned when she threw her arms around his neck and kissed his mouth with her freshly applyed Ruby red lipstick messed up his hair and then groped him before leaving. All this was done in front of the glass door.

He came back in the office looking stunned. "I take it she's getting a good bonus." Remarked one man sarcastically. They all jumped and scrambled to save their laptops and papers from toppled coffee as Jach's fist hit the ironwood table and a crack snaked to the middle as splinters flew from the impact. 

"Absolutely not! Her pay gets docked thirty present!  I have enough of her unsolicited sexual advances, no.. fifty! Cut her pay in half!" He snarled as he shook wood from his hand and snagged a napkin wetting it in water scrubbing at his face to get the red stain off. "What is this stuff is it waterproof?!"

"Uh Sir, w-we can't decrease her pay without probable cause. The union-" the older man yelped when Jach fixed his eyes on him, glowing purple embers and... Was that smoke from the corner of his mouth? He must be seeing things. "W-we'll see what we can do. " "Good, and have HR investigate her. Any word of sexual harassment from her subordinates or abusive behavior twords her fellow co-workers and have her sacked! Insolent wench! I am going to be a father and very happily married and she has the balls to do that in front of my board of directors?! This meeting is adjourned!" He huffed storming out slamming the door behind him. He was so angry he didn't realize he broke the door entirely and bent the handle in his hand, still having a death grip on it.

He took the stairs up to his office and went into the private bathroom to scrub himself in the shower feeling absolutely disgusting with the feel of that woman's hands on his head and.... He scrubbed his body till it was pink, dried and got dressed again laying on his couch fuming. He needed his wife but she was on the phone still. He snorted smoke and bit the pillow. She'd be in when she's done.

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

“That’s a bit concerning. Why now? It’s a bit suspicious, especially when she refuses to name her client. Go ahead and fax those over and I’ll talk to Jach about it to see if we can look into it a bit further. As always Director, it’s a pleasure talking to you. We’ll call you if we find anything concerning about this,” Sam said in reply with a now worried tone in her voice and it also matched with her expression before she hung up the phone. She let out a sigh and rubbed her face a bit before getting up and opening the windows again before also heading over to Jach’s office to see if he’d like to join her with the interviews.

When she entered his office, she saw him laying on the couch there. “My love? Is something wrong?” she asked in greeting with the worried expression still on her face.

Edited by SkySong278

"Dinner is off. I still have the lipstick stain on my mouth. That wretched kumquat kissed me on the mouth in front of my board of directors and right before we were about to discuss her bonus. She also groped  me. I am having her pay cut in half and her investigated so I have a reason to fire her so the union isn't on my back about it. .... ...." He stopped when he looked up at her. "Did something happen? "

“Maybe we can do dinner just for us then and oh. That’s a shame. I’m sure she’s been a good secretary except for the countless unsolicited sexual advances towards you. She told me that she’s been here for ten years but maybe since this kind of thing keeps happening, it’s time to let her go and get another one that’s married so this won’t continue happening. That’s a good idea. Don’t want the union to breathe down your back,” she said in reply to his statements before hearing his question. “I just got off the phone with the NYC Director and she told me that a genealogist contacted her about my family records, claiming that her client was a distant relative of mine. She’s going to fax over the paperwork about it to get my signature on releasing them and I told her that I would talk to you about it to investigate this genealogist. I’m worried about it because it’s been many years and it’s a bit suspicious that someone would be asking about them now when it hasn’t happened before,” she said with a small sigh. “I haven’t handled the interviews in the lobby yet so want to do them with me? We can continue talking about this after they’re over.”

Edited by SkySong278

"She's been here eight years. She's been very good about not bothering me until two years ago when her boyfriend broke it off with her. That sounds like a good idea.  I'd like to interview them as well." He said sitting up. Tilting his head in thought he carefully considered his words. "Your father had no siblings and neither did you or your mom. Your great grandma did but they passed young from scarlet fever. Whomever is interested must have been married into a off branch of your family and are trying to get the whole tree. I am a little hesitant about that though. We didn't really fake our deaths, nor did we change our names. If she finds out how long we are alive suspicion may rise. Not that in this day and age anyone would care or believe them, however we can unseal the ones she is looking for, and keep the rest classified. I'd like to see this realise form... It will come during our interviews. " He got up. 

“Oh so she either lied or she rounded. Maybe she was lonely then but still. She should have known better than to fraternize with someone else’s husband. Okay and I’m glad you’ll do them with me,” she said in reply as she moved to stand next to him after he got up. “I know. They told me as such when I was growing up. That could be and I am as well which is why I’m worried. Right and that’s a good idea. I’ll show it to you once it has arrived,” she said in reply to the rest of what he said before taking his hand in one of her own and then leading them out of his office and towards the lobby afterward.

Edited by SkySong278

He held on to hers and growled lowly at the door that was Carol's office as they passed it. He pulled out his reading glasses and flipped them open with one hand perching them on his nose. "The print these days is difficult to read. People had better handwriting back then and the computer is strains my eyes. " He sighed and stepped off on the floor. He lead her to the interview room and took a folder from a pile. He handed it to her after reading the name and peeked out into the lobby calling it. 

The first one was a man, mid to late thirties, law degree and worked on sales for an insurance company on phones for ten years, had a five year period out of work due to family and health then worked as a small claims court attorney until now. "Denis have a seat. Your info looks good.. and that letter of recommendation from your firm is splendid. We are lacking in the legal department lately, but I'll let Sam do the interview. Ah! Introductions, pardon my manners. I am Jach and this is Samantha Echlare. " He said.

---

((Going to skip ahead a couple interviews))

It was twords the end when he saw a internship for secretary that caught his interest. He looked over the papers and handed the file to Sam. "I'll let you call her in.  I recognize that name. Abigail McDúil. That's our Abbie's name. Her siblings had families, perhaps it's a descendant of one of her brothers." He said thoughtfully. 

Sam glared at Carol’s office door when they passed by it and then smiled at the candidates when they arrived at the lobby before entering the interview room. She had heard everything that he said regarding the print being hard to read these days as well as the computer straining his eyes and nodded in understanding about why he got his reading glasses out.

She sat down at the table before he called in the first interview candidate. She then listened to everything Jach said to him regarding his abilities before he did the introductions. “It’s very nice to meet you,” she said with a smile in greeting.

~~>~•~<~~

After a couple more interviews, she was handed a file for secretary that had a girl that shared their Abbie’s name before listening to what Jach said. “Oh that’s interesting. I’ll indeed call her in,” she said after looking at the papers that were inside the folder that she had been given earlier and then got up to go to the door. “Abigail McDúil,” she called and the girl stood up and went into the room ahead of Sam before sitting down on the other side of the table opposite them.

Edited by SkySong278

The girl was a spitting image of their Abby right down to the warm milk chocolate brown eyes. She sat down looking nervous. Jach blinked in surprise. "Remarkable. You look just like her." When she looked at him questioningly he clarified for her. "My family has records of maids and house workers. Abigail was one of my favorites, her records say she served my family very well and loyally. You bare her name and look exactly as the records described. However that will not be a deciding factor on this interview.  Now, I'm Jach and this is Sam. Let's get this interview started shall we?"

After Sam settled in her chair again he spoke the first question. "So it says here you applied for a internship as a secretary. After your internship is up, would you be interested in a more permanent position at this company or is this just gathering experience?" He asked.

"W-well I heard good things about this company and how well the interns are treated here.  I would love to get a job in the company after college but for now I just need three months unpaid internship at a good company then six months paid internship at a five star company.... I already completed my three months for my college classes and this is an extra credit assignment. My professor wrote a letter to the business owners. He wants to further my education and written skills... It's a father thing I think..." She said softly. 

Jach looked at Sam so she could ask other questions, the ones on the sheet attached to each interviewee.

Sam was also shocked at this Abigail’s appearance for it was an exact mirror image of theirs but then she got her shock under control as Jach said everything he did about her appearance and then just before he asked what he did, she got settled back in her chair and got comfortable. She then heard her response to the question and thought it was a good answer before noticing that Jach was waiting on her to ask a few other questions.

She looked down at the piece of paper and found another question to ask. “What would you say your best work ethic is?” she asked while having her attention be back on Abigail after finding a good question to ask.

Edited by SkySong278

"hmm, I work best when given clear instructions and my work is checked for discrepancies. Writing is my strongest quality, and I have a photographic memory so dates and times are no issue. A clean and neat environment, I have a bit of OCD. That's.. it..." She said tilting her head.

Jach nodded. The secretary office could provide that. "Now we have benifets for families and spouses, is there anything we need to know to draw up your internship contract with us correctly?"

"I have a boyfriend of five years... We've been living together for about four years now... Does he get covered too?" She asked. Jach nodded. "If you both live under one roof for that long it's considered a partnership agreement. He will be covered."

A few more questions about work ethic and task management and she was allowed to leave. "Well, we will have to find a new secretary once Carol is let go, six months is a little long but it only takes a few weeks for Carol to be investigated. I say about two months we let her go after this one knows the ins and outs of the company."

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

Sam nodded when she heard Abigail’s response and then stayed quiet while she and Jach talked a bit more. She smiled in a welcoming way before saying, “Welcome to the company.” She then turned to Jach and said, “I have to go to the lady’s room but I’ll be back in time for any other interviews we might still have.”

She got up and then went quickly to the bathroom. A little while later, she finished, and then went back to the interview room where she sat back down next to Jach.

"Did you get sick again? " He said conserned. "We only had one more and he didn't show up. It's about lunch time now. You want to go relax?"  He asked his hand resting tenderly on her belly. "I could use a moment to snuggle."