AroaraAngelwolf

From light into darkness

“No. I drank a lot of water earlier so I just really needed to go. Oh okay and sure. Me too and we can do that after I call for Chinese take-out if that sounds good to you,” she said before wrapping her arms around his neck. “We can also go over the paperwork that the director sent me regarding the genealogist.”

"Yes that sounds lovely. Chow Linn's sound good?" He moved his hand so it was around her waist and pulled her onto his lap, slipping a arm under her legs and stood up carrying her to the elevator. "It would be interesting to see what the genealogist is really after. " He continued to hold her  until they got to his office and he set her down on the couch with he menu for the restaurant and pointed to spicy noodles and some teriyaki beef with fried wontons indicating that was what he wanted. He handed her the phone and went to her office to get the faxed paperwork while she called an order. 

“Sounds delicious and sounds like a plan,” she said in reply before he picked her up and carried her to the elevator as well as to his office afterward. She took the menu from him and marked the food he wanted before also marking what she wanted before calling the restaurant. She told the waiter that answered what they wanted and he told her the food would arrive in around thirty minutes or so. After the call was over, she turned off the phone, and set the menu back down on the coffee table before leaning back on the couch to get more comfortable as she waited for Jach to come back.

Edited by SkySong278

Jach came back with the paperwork, a small stack detailing the research thus far and what was required to complete it. It's an entire family tree for the descendent of laroux and the sister of Abby who was still under the red ape's thumb long ago. It was for a male descendant and the boy's sister was the one they just interviewed. "Why is it from LaRoux's line? He's not connected to yours at... Oh that wretched rotten spoiled banana! " He huffed flipping to the next page and sat down beside her. "He Forged your signature and your father's on a wedding certificate and a birth record claiming the child as yours and Daina as you. Crummy job with the signature too. Humph. Oh look, apparently there's an article about how you split with me and ran back to him during that ten year period after your dad passed we where locked up in the house down below and he served his penince by helping redecorate the place. Oh my goodness gracious he even did the divorce papers and my gosh look at that! I don't make my J like that and that -oh wow. WOW! " He burst out laughing. "Oh this is gold! Look at that seal! What is that? Is it supposed to be a dragon? It looks like a worm with a growth!" He handed her the pages laughing too hard he had tears in his eyes. "Even in death he's so pathetic!"

“Our lunch will be here in around thirty minutes or so,” Sam said when he came back inside his office and joined her on the couch. She saw the small stack of papers he brought in that the director had faxed in and then listened to everything he said about what it was. “Ugh. That was probably the last attack he had on us before he died. That egotistical, fat, rotten red ape,” she huffed and then giggled a bit when she saw the drawing that LaRoux attempted to draw. “Should we call the director back and let her know that this stuff isn’t real?”

Edited by SkySong278

"Oh I have a voicemail. " He said going over to his desk phone to call the director. He hit the button. 

"Good afternoon Mr. Echlare. I am Dorthy Stewart, a professional genealogist. I have a question about your family seal. I sent some paperwork to your wife, but while doing so I saw a document of your marriage certificate with a vastly different seal then the ones on your ancestor's devorce papers. It has come to my attention that those papers are forgeries and I have a few questions about the reason behind this falsehood if you have any ideas on why it occurred. Please call me at-" and the woman left a phone number to call. 

"Looks like we don't have to let her know. Clever woman. Should I call and tell her or just leave it as a mystery?" 

“Oh?” she asked with a curious expression on her face before hearing the voicemail that was left by the genealogist. “Oh that’s very interesting and nah we should just leave it as a mystery to let her think upon,” she said in reply to his question just when there was a knock on the door and she saw the delivery guy with their food. She smiled at and thanked him before giving him a tip and then started to take out the food out of the bag, setting the containers down on the table in front of the couch for them to start eating on.

"Good idea. It'll be hard to explain the story without lying. " He settled in next to her and pulled out his noodles with chop sicks and started eating. "Wat mobe you wanna watch?" He asked mouth full of noodles.

“Thank you and yes it would be,” she said in both reply and agreement before picking up her container of wonton soup and starting to eat it with a spoon that was provided before hearing his question. “I’m not sure. Why don’t you pick and I’ll be fine with whatever you choose?” she said and asked in reply after swallowing the bit of soup and piece of wonton she had started to eat.

Edited by SkySong278

He opened his laptop, pulled up Netflix and put on Indiana Jones and the holy Grail and hit play. He ate the box of noodles and started on his fried wontons. His lip curled at the rat part. 

She started to watch the movie after he pressed play on his laptop, continuing to eat her soup while also resting her head on his shoulder. She kissed him on the cheek when she saw him curl his lip at the rat part to try to calm him down. “Don’t forget that we have a meeting with the Canary Company at 1.”

"it's eleven now. Enough time to finish this movie and clean up, cuddle and then go to the meeting. " He said eating his teriyaki beef last. 

When the movie was over, he put the garbage in the trash, gathered his paperwork and put it in his briefcase then made a couple cups of coco adding marshmallows and handed her one mug and drank from his that had baby Smog on it from the Hobbit sitting on a single coin saying 'i am fire I am death' . 

“Okay. I was just reminding you,” she said in reply before eating the rest of her soup and then eating the spring roll she had gotten to go with it afterward.

When the movie was over, she threw away her trash in the trash can he had in his office before sitting back down on the couch while he put together the cocoa. She then took the mug he gave her with a nod of thanks before starting to drink the hot beverage soon after.

Edited by SkySong278

He curled up against her and started to purr softly. "I will never ever cheat on you. I am the happiest man in the world by your side and I love every minute of every decade I spend with you. " He murmured softly as he slipped his coco. "She really got under my skin. I think I broke the meeting room door and... Broke the ironwood table... " He said forlornly looking like a puppy who knew it did something bad. 

She curled up against him as well and also started to purr before hearing everything he said, especially the very last things regarding the table and door. “I know and me too except I’m the happiest woman in the world of course. I don’t think I want to know what she did but you can still tell me if you’d like. It’s okay. We can get them replaced,” she said in reply to everything he said before kissing him softly on the cheek and then continuing to sip her cocoa afterward.

Edited by SkySong278

"She kissed my mouth then-" he shutters, "grabbed below my belt in front of the glass door where the entire board could see. I came back here, showered and scrubbed myself to get that filthy feeling off of me. I'd fix the door, but the table I won't. I'd like to keep it as a reminder to not cross me. I have filed for sexual harassment and ordered HR to investigate her behavior twords other workers. After we higher the intern to replace her, and she received some training, I'll fire that woman. First though, I'll move her office to a floor below so she must walk a bit to get to my office if she wants to speak to me. That intern would get her office." He said flatly. 

“What?! Well, that’s both inappropriate and improper. If we didn’t have to worry about the union, I wish we can just get rid of her now. Her wearing low-cut dresses are also very inappropriate, and we should restrict her to higher neck dresses as a dress code for the remainder of her time here. Good. That also sounds like a really good idea. I’m also going to avoid her,” she said in reply with a huff. “Oh,” she said a few minutes later while immediately perking up. “We can take the interns out for dinner as congratulations once they start. What do you think?”

Edited by SkySong278

"Yes, indeed but we need to have someone training the intern. A dress code for the office is a good idea, I'm tired of seeing what looks like a towel wrapped around her. As for the dinner with the interns, I think that'll be lovely. It'll boost their self esteem dinning with both owners of a booming business. " He said softly sipping the last bit of his coco. "The union is a pain in the butt. Why dose our company even have a union? We give great benefits, good hours, health, dental, workers comp, back pay for jury duty and vacation time, and family sick days. We've always had this so the union is just a pain because they can't usually find a fault in our company. " He grumbled. 

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

“Maybe someone in HR can train her. I honestly don’t trust Carol to train her very well if she suspects that we’re trying to replace her. She’ll probably make Abigail quit even before she officially starts with us which will be bad. I’m glad, and me too. They’ll also probably get to know us a bit better during that time and get more comfortable with us as well,” she said in reply to everything he said before also finishing drinking her cocoa. “It is, and I have no idea. My thoughts exactly,” she said with a sigh before getting up off of the couch and placing her mug down on his desk. “Should we start heading to the meeting room now or do we still have a bit of time before the Canary Company meeting?”

Edited by SkySong278

Jach tilted his head in thought and then his face brightened up. He snatched his cell, texted someone then kissed her cheek with a loud mmmmm-mwa! sound. "You are a genius love. We should head down now but first..." He hit the intercom button. "Carol Sinclair, please come to my office." He said into the phone and then hit the hang up button then called another number. "Hello, this is Eclair. Cancel the investigation on Carol and write a termination cheque for her please. And deliver a box to her office." He hung up. 

He looked at Sam. "Carol was only so good because our son trained her. He can train Abigail too. " He said taking the cups to the bathroom sink to wash them. 

Carol came in without knocking, "you wanted me sir?" She said sultry like and stopped seeing Sam. 

Jach came out drying a cup. "Yes indeed love. Pack your things, and only your things. You're finished here. Turn in your keycard and business cards and phone at the front desk. Your laptop is company issued one as well. If I find any of these missing I will persecute you for theft and intent of company espionage. You are fired. A box is waiting in your office and you can pick up your last cheque when you leave. I'll still have that reservation, I'll just take my wife.  " He said stirnly as the woman looked flabbergasted. 

Sam looked a bit surprised when she heard what Jach said after he kissed her cheek and said in reply, “Oh um thanks. Not sure what I’m a genius of this time but thanks.” She then listened to what he said over the phone and got comfortable against it while resting her back against it before he brought their mugs into the bathroom to clean them.

“Oh okay and that’s a good idea,” she said regarding who had trained Carol and that he could still train Abigail as well.

She was still there when Carol came in, narrowing her eyes slightly at her when she heard the tone she used to greet Jach and kept them narrowed when she saw her notice her. Then she heard everything that Jach said to Carol regarding her being fired and that she should pack her things and only those things as well as what he said about her picking up the termination check. She sighed when she saw the flabbergasted look on Carol’s face but didn’t say anything to her because she didn’t know what to say.

"But. But you can't just fire me without probable cause! I need this job! My sister needs the healthcare!" She pleaded tears forming in her eyes. "Your sister is dead. You received this news a month ago and took a 'vacation to Cancun' for a week planning her funeral. I know you didn't even attempt to help your sister anyway or cry at her funeral, the funds you where granted to help get her out of her abusive and addicted lifestyle went to your shopping sprees. Quit those crocodile tears and leave with some dignity. " He set down the cups and pick up his briefcase for the meeting with the Canary company. "And I do have probable cause. You sexually harassed and assaulted me, you treat the co owner of the company as a subordinate. Your subordinate female co-workers are ridiculed for their choice of dress, and speaking of, your attire is horribly inappropriate distracting and I know you just slept with one of my board members a half hour ago, Oh and you are not wearing underwear. I can smell his cologne on you and that stocking thing you call a dress is so tight that I can see whether or not you have a thong on with the line on your hips." He said hand on his side looking both board and irritated.

"On a personal note, you attempted to drive a wedge between me and my wife, disobeyed orders from her and stressed her out which isn't good for the baby. Now get out of my sight right now we have important things to deal with then a woman of Babel. I have enough cause to do my actions. Oh and this conversation is being recorded on video there for legal action if necessary." He said pointing over to the glowing eye of the dragon statue in the corner of the room. 

She went over to where he had set down the mugs and put them away after hearing what all he said to Carol in the first few statements or so as well as when he picked up his briefcase for their meeting with the Canary Company. She then went back into the position she had been in earlier and her eyes narrowed a bit more when she heard that the other woman had slept with one of Jach’s board members and also that she wasn’t wearing any underwear.

When she heard the rest of what he said to her as well as her getting out of his sight and the conversation being recorded, she pushed off from leaning back against his desk and stood at his side to be there in case he needed her.

The woman was a fish for a moment, mouth moving with nothing coming out. "But-but you have nobody to take my place and the reservation for the birthday dinner-"  jach cut her off. "We have a replacement lined up. Your reservations would be for my wife and I. Get. Out. NOW!" he roared the last word making the glasses rattle. Carol retreated amd scampered to her office. He snarled, smoke coming from his lips before he took a hold of his wife's hand, thumb rubbing the familiar glass rose on her wedding band for some comfort. "I'll let you do the speaking in the meeting.... My blood is boiling and the Chinese food is sparking a fire in my belly. I feel like I'm about to shift to my demon self just to prove a point. ." He said softly his hand shaking in hers he was so mad. 

Sam growled lowly when the other woman wasn’t leaving although Jach had told her to do so. She jumped only slightly when she heard him roar which caused the glasses in the office to rattle but quickly composed herself afterward before Carol scampered back to her office. “Good riddance,” she huffed out before letting out a purr when she felt him hold her hand. “Okay and if you’d like to you can come in a bit later after you’ve gotten yourself more under control,” she said in reply to everything else he said.

Edited by SkySong278