AroaraAngelwolf

From light into darkness

Jach opened his eyes and took the plate setting it aside to eat later. He then grabbed under her armpits and a tail curled under her legs and he lifted her onto his lap and wrapped his wings around them like a blanket. He didn't utter a word, just held her close to him and listened to his piano melodies. 

Sam let out a small surprised sound at being picked up by him but then she got comfortable in his lap, resting her head against his shoulder soon after and closing her eyes for a bit afterward while also letting out a small purr-like sound.

Edited by SkySong278

After a moment of silence and his music he ate a little bit and got up joining them in the dinning room to eat. 

----

By the end of the week the trial was upon them. Jach had let his hair grow out again so he now braided it and tied it in a ponytail. He wore a velvet red and black suit, red jacket and black vest, black tie and a maroon shirt. Black slacks with black loafers with red socks. He topped it off with his watch, a ruby tie clip and a pair of oynx cufflinks. His lawyer was in the living room ready to take him to the courthouse. 

Sam got up with him and went to the dining room to eat dinner with him and Zander.

~~»•«~~

Sam was dressed in a big shirt and sweat pants, reading a book on the couch in the living room a week later when the trial came. She looked up from the page she was on when she heard Jach come down the stairs and got up to see him off. “Good luck. Do you want me to go with you?” she said and asked while standing in front of the couch.

"I would like to see you in the audience at least. That canary yellow dress with the pale pink flower on the shoulder strap would make you stand out to me... Not that I can ever loose sight of you my love. " He said softly and hugged her tightly. He breathed her in like it was the last time he would do so for a while. "It's on the news, after all, I am a major role in this city, half of Loveland is under my employment, and Carol made a dust cloud to the media about her 'horrible experience under a sexist tyrant.' " he said with air quotes. "I'm sure if you can't make it inside it'll be filmed on the City polictial channel on 27. Lillian assures me that I have enough to turn the table and flip it on top of her if I wanted to. " He said looking at his lawyer who nodded reassuringly. "You take care of yourself and the baby. Don't worry over me too much. " He smiled and gave her a Eskimo kiss then followed Lillian out and to the car heading to Denver to the courthouse. 

((You can play Carol's lawyer or the judge (we can trade off) if you want))

((um okay but I’m not sure what to have the lawyer ask him. I guess I could play the judge which might be easier for me since I don’t really know what to do as Carol’s lawyer))

“Okay and I can change into that. I’ll be there soon. I’m glad,” she said in reply to his first few statements before he hugged her and she hugged him back. She then listened to everything else he said and nodded when she heard what she could do as back-up if she couldn’t get into the courthouse. “I’m glad and I’ll be there,” she said before kissing him back and then went up to their room to change into the dress he told her to wear. Then she located the keys to another one of their cars, went to the garage, and then headed to the courthouse after starting it and pulling out of the garage. When she got there, she was able to go in without any problem, and sat in one of the back rows of the room.

The judge that was in charge of the case, Susan, looked over what was brought to her in her chambers to review all of the details before she was to go into the courtroom. She briefly thought it was a ploy of some kind but at the same time had to act without bias towards Jach. She knew him well, as everyone else did, but couldn’t let that effect her judgment. She sighed before setting the folder down on the top of her desk and also before she was summoned to enter the courtroom.

Edited by SkySong278

The lawyers and their clients entered the room, was sworn in and had a seat. Carol had tears in her eyes, makeup running and tissues clutched in her hands. Jach simply sat blank faced thumbing the watch for comfort as the plaintiff's lawyer took the stand. 

The lawyer was named Anthony Curelto, a good lawyer in fact the best money could buy in the state of Colorado. He began with a speech about the charges and mentioned evidence to prove he had done the things brought before the court today.  He implored the judge to carefully consider the evidence presented in due time and then took a seat once more.

Lillian got up, made a brief statement about how Jach's character and we'll documented work schedule, his usual routines, and the fact that he has nothing to hide from the court would prove his innocence, his loyalty to his home, family and business and how these allegations would be proven false from the tremendous amount of evidence she has compiled to present to this court today. 

Anthony took to the stand first starting with the sexual assault charges, presenting a kit taken at a hospital with his DNA in it, saying this was the most traumatic thing his client has encountered. He knew she was in pain of this incident so we'll start with that, to not bother Carol anymore.

He called Carol to the stand and softly encouraged her to tell her story in the middle of which she began to sob. Lillian crossed examined her statements, and found no slip ups. That was a bad thing. 

Then jach was called to the stand. 

Sam watched the lawyers, Jach, and Carol come into the room and then listened to everything that they said in front of the judge as their opening statements. She did get a bit worried when she heard what Carol’s lawyer said in regards to the other woman going to the doctor to get a kit done that had his DNA in it which was bad. She’d ask him much later what that meant and how it might’ve gotten there if he didn’t assault her. She got even more worried when Lillian couldn’t find any fault in Carol’s answers to her cross-examining which meant that maybe what she said might’ve been true or she was just a really good actor. She hoped it was the latter. When Jach was called to be questioned, she found a bit of hope and had that fill her as she waited to hear what he’d say.

Susan listened to both Lillian and Anthony’s opening statements that were said in front of her before hearing everything that was asked to Carol. She sighed mentally when she heard that the kit that was done at the hospital had Jach’s DNA in it and briefly looked at his wife to see that she was worried at hearing that news as well before she watched it turn to hope and support when he went to sit next to her desk to be asked questions. She thought that was a good sign before having her attention be on him as well as focused mentally on the rest of the hearing.

Edited by SkySong278

"Where where you on November 2nd?" Anthony asked Jach.

"What year?"

"What do you mean what year? Do you need time to think of an alliby?" Anthony accused. 

Lillian spoke up. "Objection your honor! Speculation! My client has a photographic memory, he can tell you where he was that date in 1997!" She said

"In 1997 November second I was in Mexico City enjoying the dia de muerte festivities with my son, wife and my Butler Zeroth for our grand opening of a resort. If you are asking what I did November second last year I was in my ancestral home in France, preparing for the trip to the Alps my wife and I take every other year. "

"Then how do you explain that your DNA was in Carol at the time? Do you deny this incident happened?"

"Case number 1359 Anders vs. Romero. 2017. That's the incident that happened. However it wasn't me, Diego Romero assaulted her and I was personally her lawyer and prosicuter during that case. As for how my DNA got in her... I believe my missing toothbrush could be of use here. " Jach said plainly. 

"And how would you know that it was saliva found in her?" Anthony growled.

"Because the only one I ever slept with is my wife, she was my first, is my last and my only. We've been together for longer than you think, our love life is very active and not once did I look at another woman like I do my wife. Carol made her intensions to make me unfaithful for several months now. When she forcibly kissed me, and groped me in front of my board of directors I had enough. I gave her too many chances to knock it off and she burned each one of them. Not every man is a hormonal driven sexist pig who forgets his vows the first time a beautiful woman shows interest in him. I have records of this, and video. " Anthony paled and looked at Carol with a frown. "Oh she neglected to tell you that? Interesting."

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

Sam’s worry lessened even more when she heard his answers to Carol’s lawyer’s questions and knew that he was in the clear for the so-called assault. She also sighed quietly in relief when she heard the reason for how his DNA got into his former secretary. Her eyes then narrowed slightly when she came to the conclusion that she had set him up but she kept her emotions under control so that she wouldn’t appear angry. Instead, she smiled and let her eyes go back to normal and no longer be narrowed like they had been earlier.

Susan also listened to everything that was said and said, “Overruled” when Lillian said her objection statement to Anthony’s question that was an accusation of him needing to think of an alibi to have Anthony’s question be thrown out. She then had her attention go back to being on the two lawyers from being on Jach to wait for any other questions that they might ask him.

Edited by SkySong278

Anthony dismissed Jach and Lillian took to the questioning. "Let's get through one thing at a time Mr. Echlare. Now did you ever give Miss. Anders any indication that you wanted to sleep with her?" She asked.

Jach tilted his head. "I called her beautiful, but only because I thought it was the truth. But a man can give a woman a complement without a ulterior motive.... Unless that is some unwritten law that paying a complement to the opposite sex means you want to bed them... If that's the case I had no idea. The perks she received was because she was very good at her job. Yes I would take her on dinner parties, but that was with my wife or son always accompanying us. I avoided being alone with her as I do with all my female workers, save for the co founder..." He smirked at that. "To make sure they are comfortable around me. "

"Your honor, the tape he mentioned is right here. Shall we have a look at it? It has audio as well. My client has strict rules about documentation in meetings and have back up records for the back up records. " She said. 

Once she got the go-ahead she placed the disk in the DVD player and pressed play. 

Sam smiled even more when she heard the rest of what Jach said, especially the part about him avoiding having dinner alone with the female workers except for her. She grew even more relieved at that and hoped that it was enough for him to not be found guilty. She then got interested about the tape and focused on it as it started to play after Susan nodded her approval about them having a look at it before she also had her focus and attention be on the screen as it started to play.

Sam twiddled her fingers a bit in her lap as she hoped what was on the tape would help further clear Jach of the charges when she grew a bit worried again. She wondered if it was her hormones that caused the worry to go back and forth from existing to dissipating.

Edited by SkySong278

The video started with a discussion about bonuses. The screen was split with one inside the board room and the other pointed at the glass door. 

Carol  walked up, applyed lipstick and  peeked in and calling him out for a second. She told him the restaurant she'd like to go to for her  birthday, a rather pricy one, and that she'd make a reservation for them. He told her to make sure it's for three people and he'd be triple checking.

He and the board where stunned when she threw her arms around his neck  thanking him in a dramatic way and kissed his mouth with her freshly applyed Ruby red lipstick, messed up his hair and then groped him before leaving with a sway of her hips. All this was done in front of the glass door.

The tape went on to show him snapping at a board member who commented about her getting a bonus, slamming his fist on the table splintering it and stormed out, the glass door frosted suddenly and dropped in pieces. 

Jach winced when the recording ended  after that.

"I noticed that you got angry at the end. This brings up the assult and domestic violence charges. Have you ever been that angry before?" Lillian asked.

Jach sighed. "Many times. Only twice though I either hurt someone, or wanted to, and they deserved my wrath at the time."

"How so?" 

"The first time I blacked out in rage. I was young, and just received a painful heartbreak. My brothers where my targets.. and I was theirs. The second time I was older, a little bit more calm and experienced. My wife and I where engaged at the time... A man whom blackmailed her father into letting him wed her; in a country where arranged marriages where still a thing, tried to defame her reputation in the papers, rallied up a mob of press and slapped my maid. I had a right to defend my home." He said.

Lillian was finished with her questions she dismissed him. Anthony took to the stand. 

Sam watched the video and felt herself get both a bit annoyed and angry when she saw what Carol did both before she got to the door and after when Jach went to talk to her. She clenched one of her hands into a fist in her lap before slowly unclenching it after a time when she got her annoyance and anger under control again and she no longer felt that way. She cringed a bit as well when she saw the part where he slammed his fist down on the table which caused it to splinter and crack in the middle as well as when the door shattered in pieces after he left the room. Then she had her attention go back to being on both him and Lillian after the video was over when the questioning continued. When she heard his answers, one of them causing her to sneer a bit due to it being about La Roux trying to sully both her and her dad’s reputation, before she got that under control again to where she no longer had a sneer on her face and just had a neutral expression instead. Then a sudden thought came to her mind which made her go a bit pale and cause her to feel a bit sick. It wasn’t enough yet to cause her to go to the bathroom but just only made her start feeling that way. She did some breathing exercises to get that under control which seemed to help and she sighed quietly a bit to herself in relief. She then looked worried again when Carol’s lawyer stood up and went to him, having a feeling that he’d have some new accusations about what had happened in the video and get the wrong idea.

Susan watched the video and saw that it was actually Carol who had assaulted Jach. She also saw her apply the lipstick before she did it, knowing that she had gone there with the intent of doing that. She also saw his stunned expression which meant that he had no idea that, that was going to happen. She also understood why he became as angry as he did but could also see where the domestic violence charge came from. She heard his answer to the next questions Lillian asked him and thought that they were good responses but then got worried as well when Anthony got back up to ask him more questions, coming to the same conclusion that Sam did which was that he’d probably have more accusations for him now.

Edited by SkySong278

"You said you had some anger issues in the past, leading to violence like what was shone in the video. Leading to assults on your brother yes?" 

"Yes -"

"So if your brother did the same thing as Carol to your wife you would have been violent to him?"

"Yes but-" 

"There you have it, a man with a past of violence twords his own family wouldn't know right from wrong when angered. " He said simply to the judge.

"Do not assume my family is close to me. Brother is a loose term to a bunch of Neanderthals who is driven by greed, sex and violence. My brothers nearly killed me. According to the law at the time and country I was in, I had every single right to cause them pain. If I hadn't retaliated in time, they would have strapped my four limbs to a pike each and flayed me alive. They are sick and twisted psychopaths who's minds are so dark a Holocaust would be the casual thought to them.  Take my words and actions again and twist them to fit your views, I dare you. I never took my anger out on a living human being ever! The retaliation against the man who I mentioned, was one of careful planning. He dared to blacken my family, so I ruined him financially and bought out his company all within legal rights. " Jach sighed and pinched his nose.

"While I am up here, the domestic violence charges are a hoax. I know of what she spoke of without you telling me. My wife came to work with a black eye once. That was a intimate moment we had, which resulted in a bite too close to the crown jewels and a sudden uncontrollable action. We both still feel bad about the marks we left on each other... Although her bruise healed and my little love bite didn't.  The termination was because of her sexual advances on me, seducing a board member and ignoring direct orders from her boss, my wife. The drugs.... Oh boy, I'm a business man. Do I look like I shoot up heroin? Do crystal meth? Any opioid of any kind? I'm a clean shaven, well dressed, and presentable old man for goodness sake! I barely drink, don't smoke and  don't drink coffee anymore, just hot cocoa. I have a clean bill of health without even a vitamin prescribed to me. May I get off the stand your honor? I've answered everything needed to know. " He asked the judge.

Sam once again narrowed her eyes when she heard what Anthony asked her love as well as when he didn’t let him get a full answer out and kept interrupting him. They then narrowed even more when she heard the statement he said afterward that was an assumption of Jach’s incomplete answers. Then they went back to normal when she heard everything Jach said after Anthony’s statement as well as his question to the judge about him getting off the stand now.

Susan sighed a bit when she heard Anthony keep interrupting Jach in-between his questions as well as the assumed statement he said to her afterward. Then she listened to everything Jach said as clarification to the charges that were brought against him and thought that all the statements he said were a good explanation before she also heard the questions he brought up regarding him doing drugs. When she heard the last question he asked about her about him getting off the stand she nodded before saying in reply, “Yes of course.”

Edited by SkySong278

As Jach got off the stand, Anthony stood flabbergasted, mouth moving like a choked fish. When both men settled in their respective seats, Lillian stood up and asked for the presentation of the evidence against her client.

The kit, a baggie with a meth pipe and syringe in it, photos of bruises on his wife-all poorly taken and looked like phone quality- along with the part of the contract involving the severance pay, bonus promises and termination regulations. 

Lillian got up and presented evidence she had. Item one- one of the many missing toothbrushes found in the mess of Carol's destruction. Item two- the photos and video of her office after termination and the confrontation with Jach and his wife where she threatened to frame him for sexual assault charges if she didn't get her way. Item three- A toxicology report  checking for all the drugs and steroids and coming up nothing. 

Both Sam and Susan watched as Lillian presented both the evidence against Jach and the evidence that would clear him. 
Sam was more relieved now, and it showed, when she saw all of that and she now had happy tears in her eyes. She wiped them away when they started to fall down her cheeks but she was smiling all the same even though they were still a bit pale from earlier.

Susan looked at everything that was there, first the evidence against him and then the evidence Lillian presented, and came to the conclusion that he was innocent and was also indeed framed. After careful thought of how she wanted to word how she found Jach she said, “First I’d like to thank you both for presenting what you have for this case. After hearing everything that was said by both parties as well as seeing the evidence presented, I find Mr. Jach Eclair innocent of all charges brought against him due to my unbiased opinion. The evidence Lillian has presented is even more proof of that, especially the drug screen that tested negative for the drugs that he was assumed of to be taking.”

((I can edit if there was supposed to be a jury or if you want me to put something else in my answer as the judge))

Edited by SkySong278

Jach sighed in relief as the gavil fell and got up striding back to his wife and held out his arms for her to hug him. "Oh thank goodness, that kit thing had me very worried. " He muttered. "You know I would never.. not with anyone else... My precious treasure...My queen, my Persephone..." He said softly holding her tightly. 

Carol stormed out of the courthouse shoving past him and his wife. Anthony looked flabbergasted still on the amount of evidence against his case. 

((No it was fine. In a lawsuit for sueing it's the judge's rule not a jury.))

Sam went over to Jach and hugged him before hearing everything he said. “I know,” she said in reply with a sniffle. “I’m so happy that you were found innocent. I knew that those charges were bogus.” Then she looked worried again before asking softly so that only he could hear her, “Is it possible for Carol to be a descendant of La Roux?” When she felt the woman in question shove past them, she glared after her before turning her attention to be back on him.

((oh okay))

Edited by SkySong278

"No. The only one we know of is Abigail our new secretary and her brother. There's just jerks everywhere these days. She was a gold digger anyway, that's why her boyfriend left her. I glad that's over with, and you're here with me now. " He said and started to walk out of the courthouse. He was bombarded with press outside the doors. He ignored them, went straight to their car and let her get in the driver's side, but still got the door for her then got in the passenger side. "Oh look there's my sister. Eris. Hmm, Carol could be her pawn. Eris is the one who had my bride stab me and burn down my house. " He said pointing to a dark olive toned woman in deep Merlot dress that has one shoulder strap and was shorter on one side and longer on the other in a modern Grecian style that had black cornrow braids and even from ten feet away, eyes so piercing green they were easily seen. Her burgundy lips where pursed in a thin line, gold maskara and gold eye shadow flashed as she turned her head to the emerging lawyers as they where stopped by the press. 

"Eris thrives on discord. It's been awhile since I've been her target.. but she's all about balance. If I'm her target now that means I've been having too much good luck lately. I suppose our business would take a hit for a little while but it's nothing we can't handle. " 

“Oh okay. I just thought that maybe she is one since the way she tried to ruin us was a bit similar to how La Roux did back in the day. A gold digger who had her sights on you for some weird reason. Ah and me too,” she said in reply before she went to the car with him while also ignoring the press and then she heard everything else he said after they were both in the car. “Oh and maybe she was. Maybe also La Roux was a pawn of hers as well. I’m still sorry that happened to you although I know it didn’t kill you but I bet it still hurt,” she said in reply while looking at where he was pointing and saw the deep olive toned woman that was dressed in a deep merlot dress that had a short strap on one end and a longer one on the other end. She saw her piercing green eyes from where they were in the car as well as the gold eye shadow and gold mascara that they were decorated with before she put the car in drive after starting it up and then headed back home.

“I’ve heard of her, of course but I didn’t know she was your sister. Well that’s one good thing about her I guess, regarding her being about balance. I suppose not. We’ve had hard times before but we’ve gotten out of them okay. When we get home, want me to rub your back and give you a massage in front of the fireplace in our room?”

Edited by SkySong278

Jach smiled. "A massage sounds lovely. It is a good thing in a way, too much good can be a bad thing, too much pride and one can fall quite hard. Would you like to check on our garden first? I think some strawberries are ready to pick... " He said softly taking a hold of her hand and kissing the back of it. 

“Okay and you’re right and have a point about that. Sure that sounds good and I can’t wait to have some dipped in chocolate,” she said in reply before smiling a bit more when she felt him kiss the back of her hand. “We can also have some more hot cocoa while also cuddling again on the couch.” She continued to drive a bit longer until they got back to their home. She pulled into their garage and parked before unbuckling her seatbelt. “So to the garden first?” she asked before moving to get out of the car.

Edited by SkySong278

"Garden first." He confirmed with a nod and took off his shoes and jacket and vest once inside puting on light purple Crocks and headed outside with a small bowl. He crouched at the strawberry plants. "Looks like the squirrels got to a few of them. Most are still green.. ah here's a few good ones." He said carefully moving the leaves and plucking the fruit.