AroaraAngelwolf

From light into darkness

“It’s not fake. It just doesn’t have a lot of emotion behind it like it usually does. It’s not that. I just feel dumb for not remembering when we renew our vows and when we go to Switzerland,” she said in reply before her smile got a bit bigger when she felt him nudge her a bit with his shoulder. She put the cloth down after her bow was polished enough and then stood up with it in her hand.

Edited by SkySong278

Je put a hand on her shoulder. "Maybe it's because it feels like a routine now. We should spice it up a little bit. How about renewing our vows at the hotel in Switzerland and stay for a couple weeks exploring the new parts of the town then heading on that Cruise? I'll let you bring the leather and handcuffs." He said murmuring the last parts into her ear.

"I still heard that. " Zander deadpanned and he took a shot with his bow hitting just above the mark. "And you distracted me. " He grumbled irritably. He was a little OCD and a perfectionist. 

“Maybe but it’s also a routine I don’t remember, embarrassingly. Oh? I like that idea a lot my love. Let’s do that. Oooh it’s going to be a special anniversary huh. I’ll pack them after we get those trips booked,” she said in reply and the last two statements she said were also whispered in his ear. She kissed him softly on the lips before turning her attention to be on Zander after pulling away again.

She giggled a bit before saying, “Sorry dear. We’ll behave during your next shot.” She then went over to where the arrows were, got one notched on her bow after walking up to another target, and shooting the arrow into it a few minutes later. It got lodged into the space just above the bullseye which made her make a small noise with her teeth but then she just shrugged it off before waiting for Jach to do his turn.

Edited by SkySong278

Jach chuckled. "I'll set them up then. " He winked. He lined up his shot with his knife and threw it. It hit and split her arrow. "Oops. Guess we're all a little bit rusty. "

Zander huffed and lined up another shot. It hit the bulls eye but wasn't dead center. He growled in frustration and examined his bow string. 

Sam smiled when she heard what he said before watching his knife split her arrow and Zander shoot another arrow that didn’t quite get in the center of the bullseye. “Guess so. I haven’t practiced in a little while and I guess I’ll need to get back into it,” she said in reply to Jach’s last statement with a sigh.

Edited by SkySong278

Jach took a slow inhale and then threw the knife on his exhale. It hit the bullseye and went to the wood behind it. "Just like flying. Although, that was a little bit stronger than what I was going for." He said twirling his knife. " Is the wedding ring still helping your draw my love?" 

Zander studied the wind speed and everything carefully before lining up another shot. It hit the knife and bounced off. "Dam it dad! That one would have been perfect too!

“Good job love and yes,” Sam said before giggling a bit when she heard what Zander said. “Block him out dear and that should help you focus more on getting the arrow in the target. It helps me sometimes as well.”

"Are you calling me annoying love?" Jach scoffed folding his arms. The police came back from exploring the woods seeing the family with weapons they put their hands on their guns. "Easy there.  You find anything in my woods? " Jach asked as Zander lowered his bow.  They shook their heads. 

"Still, if we get another call of any kind of trouble here we are to take you in for questioning and disturbance of peace." The rough cop growled poking jach in the chest. "Really? You're concerned about us being a nucence to neighbors that are a couple gallons of gas away from asking for a cup of sugar? This noise complaint is fishy to me. I own fourty archers and my house is smack in the middle of my land surrounded by thick vegetation. We have some loud love making at times but I doubt we get that loud. " He retorted. "So, unless you have a warrant for my arrest and coming on my land again I suggest you get out and stop abusing your power. There is a special place in Hell for those who are supposed to be protectors, yet use their power to intimidate the weak. I am not only a very very wealthy man, but I fear only a few things in this world and cops toting guns on a vendetta against me are not one of them. " He growled back. 

One drew his weapon, the other said they would leave now. They both left them alone. 

“Of course not my love. Zander is having a hard time focusing so I just gave him some advice is all,” Sam said in reply before shooting her next arrow in the target and it embedded itself in it next to his knife. When she heard the policemen come back, she turned with the bow still in her hand but then had it pointed downward when she saw them put their hands on their guns before hearing everything Jach said and asked.

She then listened to the rest of the conversation after the smaller one and was about to say something about the so-called noise complaint when Jach did. She then just glared at the meaner policeman as her cheeks grew a bit more pink when she heard the part her love said in regards to their lovemaking being loud at times. When they had gone she turned towards Jach and asked as she put a hand on his chest, “Should we talk to our neighbors about this to see who had called them or just leave it be?”

Edited by SkySong278

"We only have two neighbors love. One is a deaf man and the other one are young newlyweds who are currently in Europe for a three month holiday and they still are gone for two months. If a noise complaint is filed, then it isn't from my neighbors... Hm... Well we do have one woman who lives in the lot across from ours and her little Gremlins of children are constantly trespassing... We can speak to her. "

“Oh and maybe it is the woman who lives across the street’s kids that possibly got onto our property and did what the cops came over here for. I can go over there with you if you’d like but otherwise I might stay here and continue practicing my archery a bit more,” she said in reply to everything he said before putting her bow away for the moment.

"Relax, we can practice a little bit more. Going over now would arouse suspicion. We'll ask when we throw a Presidents day barbique in a few days. We usually invite the neighbors and they always show up. We can bring it up in a casual conversation. First thing though, we need to deal with that trial. Humph, r***, assault and opioid abuse? What grounds dose that woman have? I wonder what evidence she'll bring to the judge." He said softly and hucked a knife at the target, splitting her arrow and had such force it broke through the canvas covered straw out the back and sank deep into the soil. 

“Okay and you’re right. I always look forward to that barbecue every year. We can talk to her then like you said. I have time to think about what to wear that day but I have a few ideas. She probably made those charges up which wouldn’t surprise me if she did,” she said in reply before watching him throw one of his knives into the target which caused her arrow to split in two and then go out the other end. “Calm down my dearest love. We’ll figure something out before then and I’ll be available to help if you need it, as always.”

Jach snarled and out snapped his wings, hit tails whipped out and he was a demon once more. "I need a flight. How is it possible that I feel weak at the mercy of human laws and judgement when I am the second final judge? Death dose not play by any rules, it is unfeeling, unchoising, unfair and fair at the same time. This isn't the first time a lawsuit was brought against me, but it is the first time I've faced charges that were falsified and uncalled for. Charges that were the very things I wouldn't do, that I judge others on in the afterlife. If she can just make up charges,  then I have no hope for humanity anymore. They have begun to abuse their system they believe in. Such little faith and honesty is alive now. " He said softly shaking his head as he walked into the woods. 

Sam grew very worried when she watched him go into his demon form and wasn’t able to say anything before he walked towards the woods. She let out a small shaky sigh before looking over towards her bow. “Want to shoot a few more arrows or are you done for the moment?” she asked Zander when she turned her attention to be on him from being on her bow. “We can just do a small contest between us if you’re wiling or we can take a break.”

Edited by SkySong278

Zander watched his dad go into the woods. "Will he be alright mother? I've never seen him hang his head like that. Look, his tails even scarred the earth. " He said pointing to the whip marks on the grass. He sighed softly and took a few slow breaths before aiming and shooting again, perfect this time. "We can continue."

“I think so. We just have to continue supporting him until the trial’s over. This whole thing with Carol is a really big mess,” she said in reply with another sigh before watching him make a perfect shot into the target. She nodded in nonverbal reply when she heard what he said last before picking up her own bow again and making her own shot into the target. It went slightly over to the left of the bullseye but it didn’t bother her very much.

"And to think I trusted Carol. I hope this new girl is better than her. Trying to get in between you two is a bad decision on her part and somehow I think she and the cops are in on it, not our neighbor. The woman may be a typical Karen type, but she knows better than to cross us or our land. The last time her boys went hunting on our property, they shot at me and I gave them and their mother a very good scare. " Zander said. "Me and Zeroth made sure they wouldn't bother you or Dad again. " 

“It’s okay dear. When you were training her, she was still in a relationship with her boyfriend. When he broke up with her a few years ago, that’s when she started to pine for your father and start to really get on his nerves. He told me as much. Intern Abby looks a lot like our Abby but she’s in a relationship and has been for five years. She told us as much in the interview. I think she’ll be better than Carol was and won’t be a problem. Oh? It wouldn’t surprise me if it was her but we probably shouldn’t bring it up with him. He’s already very angry about the lawsuit and I don’t want to get him even more worked up. Oh okay and that’s good. We can still have a bit of a chat with her to make sure her sons weren’t on our property earlier today. They still could’ve sneaked onto it without any of us noticing,” Sam said in reply to everything Zander said before putting her bow up again and then taking the arrows out of the target as well as the knife that was there and behind it before putting them away as well. “Should we go back in and see what maestro is making for lunch?”

((thinking it’s about that time but I can edit it to be dinner instead as well))

Edited by SkySong278

"Sure! And maybe he'd keep a warm plate for dad when he gets back. Have you gotten sick again? How's you and my little sibling?" He smiled and helped his mom pack some things inside. 

Jach took off and flew over his land, gliding lazily along the air currents. 

“Okay and he probably will I’d have to ask. No I haven’t and we’re fine,” she said in reply and smiled at him as he helped her pack a few things while they went back inside. When they were done, she led the way towards the dining room where she saw that lunch was already set out for them. Her smile got a bit bigger when she saw that before she sat down and started eating.

Edited by SkySong278

Zander sat down and ate with his mom quietly. Jach came in a few minutes later, striding passed the table and into his library shutting the door behind him. 

Sam sighed a bit sadly when she saw Jach come in but then just head to his library afterward. “I hope he’s okay,” she said with a small frown on her face before having her attention go back to being on her food until it was gone. “Maybe I should go check on him,” she said after a few minutes more of silence.

Edited by SkySong278

"Take him dinner too mistress. He may just need your presence there. " The cook said, his little thin tail flicking around his feet.  

Jach had sank into his chair and put on his headphones and played his piano guys album with a sigh. 

“Okay and I hope that’ll brighten up his day a bit more,” she said in reply before getting Jach’s dinner from maestro and then heading to the library afterward. She knocked on the door before entering and then set the plate down on the table in front of him. Then she sat down on the floor beside his chair before putting her hand on his leg to let him know she was there.

Edited by SkySong278