AroaraAngelwolf

From light into darkness

"Darling you'll look lovely either way, besides when we get back home, we can take long walks and rides through town to work it all off and I'll take you to the harbor in the next town over so we can look at my goods and see how sales are going." He said happily as his tails came out  as dusk fell and he cought her rook nibbling on it as she made her move. 

“Well thank you for saying that but I still don’t like being fat. That sounds good and I’d love to see your goods as well as how sales are going,” she said in reply before noticing his tails come out and one of them taking her rook. She pouted jokingly before taking one of his bishops and also nibbling on it. She then turned into her demon form because she wanted to be before studying the board to see where she could make her next move while continuing to eat his bishop piece.

"Well my love I am glad you are curious because you now own half and I did promise I'll show you the workings of my business and you know I keep my promises." He said taking a bishop from her. 

"I'm always curious and I'm glad to be sharing your company with you. I know you do," she said just as he took a bishop from her. She had her tail move her other rook to take one of his pawns before eating it after having her tail put it in her hand.

One of his tails curled around the tip of hers as he grinned moving his queen to take another rook away. "The most powerful piece in chess is the Queen. She can make all moves and jump spaces. Check. " He said with a grin. "And I have a equally powerful queen by my side." He pulled the tip of her tail to his lips and kissed it softly before letting go of it so she could move her king. 

She blushed a bit when the tip of her tail was curled in one of his before watching as his queen piece took her other rook piece away and listening to everything he said afterward. Her blush darkened slightly at his words of him having an equally powerful queen by his side before he softly kissed the tip of her tail, and then let it go afterward. When it was free from his grasp, she used it to move her king piece out of the way of his queen before saying, “And I have an equally powerful king at my side.” After she said what she did, she had her tail curl around his smooth one before bringing it over to her in turn and then kissed the tip of it as well in retaliation.

Edited by SkySong278

He blushed as well and then leaned forward with half the rook in his mouth for a kiss and to give her a bite. His tail moved his on the knight so when he pulled away he said "check" with a smirk and a wink. 

She leaned towards him when she saw him wanting to give her a bite of the rook he had captured as well as a kiss and gave him that before taking a bite of the piece. While she was doing that, though it appeared that he had his tail move one of his knights towards her king to trap him. She pouted a bit when she heard what he said before saying, “You did that as a distraction. No fair.” She then had her king capture the knight before taking a bite out of it before sticking her tongue out purely for fun.

Edited by SkySong278

He chuckled and stuck his purple tounge out at her, looking like a gargoyle statue with the long pointed tounge curling from his mouth. "All is fair in love and war sweetie. We're in love and this is a war game. " He laughed when she took his knight only to move his bishop to take her exposed queen. He toyed with the chocolate peice. "I don't know if we'll make it to go fish tonight dearest. " He chuckled lowly and then stretched out  lounging on the chair his two tails curling around each other and formed a heart behind him as he watched her carefully.  "I can get used to this. Three thousand years and I finally have someone who I can be intimate with. I will tell you love, the every second with you is worth the long wait." He purred.

“Okay,” she said in reply before giggling a bit and then watched as he moved his bishop to take her queen afterward. “That’s okay. Maybe we can save that game for tomorrow,” she said in reply to what he said regarding them possibly not being able to play go fish tonight. “Maybe we can also just eat the rest of these pieces and the board instead of continuing to play. Smelling all this chocolate is starting to tempt me to do that anyway,” she added before watching him lean back in his chair before his tails formed a heart behind him. She blushed a bit like she had done earlier and then it darkened slightly when she heard what he said last. “Me too. I feel the same on both of those counts but of course I’m a lot younger than three thousand,” she said in reply before shivering slightly at his purr.

"Well, to human years I may seem old but in demon age... I'm close to your age. Anyway, I don't mind that idea. Besides, Check mate." He said with a grin moving a piece amd trapping her king between his took, queen and bishop. He then handed her his king still nibbling on her piece and licked the melted chocolate from his fingers, a tail throwing another log on the fire. He moved almost snake like around her, slipping from the chair and curled around hers kissing her neck softly. "I'm glad you feel the same way. I can't wait to have little devils running around the house, spending rainy days playing games with you, cold winters curled up in a blanket and my wife..." He hummed in content laying his head on her lap sitting on the floor tails handing her a  chess piece and then himself one, alternating between strawberry and dark chocolate. 

“Oh and shoot,” she said in reply to everything he said before being given his king piece to eat. “Why thank you love,” she said before starting to nibble on it just as he licked his fingers clean of melted chocolate which made her shiver a bit at the sight. She then ate another part of the piece just as he moved almost snake-like towards her before feeling him kiss her neck which made her moan a bit in response. “Me too,” she said in reply to the rest of what he said while feeling his head in her lap. She stroked his hair before taking the piece he offered her as well as the others he gave her as she ate each piece.

"Now I know how my pups feel when they get petted. It feels quite nice." He said finishing the last peice, licked his fingers once more and then kissed her carrying her to the bed with a purr like growl. 

____

Morning came too soon. Still, like a excited kid on Christmas, Jach woke up, started the shower, then carried his still sleepy wife into the shower so she had to wake up. After washing up, cleaning the few chocolate hand prints on the floor (from where he moved to curl around her chair) and bundling up he headed into the inn for breakfast, dragging the sleads from the cabin behind him giggling non-stop. He never ever been sledding before, but it looked like flying only on the ground and he loved flying so it was the perfect thing for him to try in the snow. 

“Maybe I should do this more often then,” she said in reply with a small smile before eating the rest of the piece she was currently eating and then also licking her fingers clean of melted chocolate afterward. Then she also kissed him back before she was picked up and brought to the bed.

~-~-~

The next morning, Sam didn’t want to wake up but she did just a little bit when Jach carried her into the shower. She then completely woke up while washing her hair and body before rinsing out the shampoo and conditioner from her hair and then rinsing off the soap from her face and body afterward. She then dried off, dressed and followed him to the inn for breakfast after putting on her jacket, hat, and gloves. After she ate, she followed him back to the cabin where he got the sleds and then followed him to the hill to try them out. She smiled when she heard him giggling and couldn’t wait to show him how to do it.

Edited by SkySong278

They took a chair to the top of the bunny hill as it was called and he handed her a sled with a grin. He then went up to a group of kids getting ready and watched them carefully. 

"Whatcha looking at Mister?" A older boy who was looking after his siblings asked him looking suspicious.

"Oh, I never got to sled when I was little and I don't know how. You guys are like pros at this, I was wondering if you could show me how?" Jach said, a girl in pink giggled. "I can show you! It's easy!" An boy scoffed. "You never sledded before? Yeah right!"

"I grew up where it was warm and didn't actually see snow until I was an adult. I get sleepy in the cold though, so I stayed inside plus I'm always very busy with work. " He explained. 

The kids looked at each other then pulled him to the spot they were at. "All you do is sit on the sled." One said and Jach got on the sled with his feet out. "Like this?" He looked confused when they laughed and told him how to have his feet on the runners or on the sled itself. Once he got situated he looked at them. "Now how do you make it go waaaahhh!" He started to say as all seven kiddos pushed from behind and he went sailing down the hill laughing until he hit a bank and crash landed in the snow in a drift. He popped out and whooped waving his arms around and running to the chairs to get back up the hill to go again. 

She followed after him to the lift and took the chair up to the mountain with him before being handed the sled. She continued to follow him towards the kids that were there afterward and smiled a bit at his conversation with them.

She giggled as well when she heard what the little girl said because she thought it was cute before watching as all the kids there helped Jach get in position on the sled before they pushed him down. She got concerned for half a minute when she didn’t see him right away until he popped back up and went back towards the lift to go down it again. She got in position herself and pushed herself down before following after him quickly back over to the chairs.

“Having fun dear? Also don’t forget we have the taste-testing at one at the chocolate store,” she asked and said once she had caught up to him and sat in the lift’s chair next to him before it went back up to the hill and dropped them off.

Edited by SkySong278

Jach got on a chair grinning like a mad man. "Oh I would have forgotten, we still have time it'll be after lunch and we just had breakfast! How do you steer?" He said asking a kid at the last question when explained to him how to steer he went down again, coming back up before his wife had reached the bottom of the hill and started sledding snowball fight with the kids. 

His interactions with the children where innocent and sweet. He even was involved in a game of hide and seek with them around the trees. He was worried at first thinking he'd get into trouble when one found him (his black clothes where easily spotted in the snow) until the little boy took his hand and ran along to find others. The parents came to collect them for lunch and by then he was invited to lunch by the children being a newfound friend of theirs. However, while back at the inn, the children where sent to play, the mothers looked at him in distain and the fathers furious for a grown stranger winning over children believing he had suspicious intentions. 

Jach, usually smooth and professional, let his true hidden angelic innocence through as the parents peppered him with questions about why an adult was acting so childish and playing with children and how a rich man shouldn't be acting as such. One father rebuked and berated  him so much that he started to cry then and there. "I am sorry if I caused distress and distrust. I won't ever harm a child! My own childhood was far from the pure and innocent ones these children have, and I try everything in my power to keep children who don't have loving homes out of situations I had experienced as a young one. These little lambs are lucky to have caring father's and present mother's. My own whipped and beat me any which way he could, terrified me, and my siblings treated me even worse! My mother couldn't bring me to live with her for where she lived would not accept a mixed child that I am. I was only trying to figure out how a childhood should be, how my wife grew up and games I should know before I have little ones of my own. I never intended such things you think of! I didn't know that speaking and playing with children like they would was against any unspoken rules. Please forgive anything I may have done!" He sobbed head hung low in shame. 

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

“Okay just making sure,” Sam said in reply with her own smile before going down the hill again on the sled she was using but after Jach had finished with his run and was now having a snowball fight with the kids.

She smiled a bit at seeing that and watched him interact with them. She was happy that he was having so much fun and could learn these games that he didn’t get to play when he was younger. She hid a giggle behind her hand when she watched him play hide and seek with the young ones before their parents came to collect them but then she frowned when they started to lecture him for playing with their kids and why he shouldn’t be acting so childish.

When he started to cry at some of the things they were saying, she grew concerned and went over to him to try and comfort him while listening to everything he said to them. “Like he said he never got to play those games or was around snow a whole lot so he didn’t know how they worked. The kids were teaching him. That’s it. He’s really good with young kids,” she chimed in while holding him in what she hoped was a comforting way.

Edited by SkySong278

(( for sake of the story I am going to use the r word. I hate this word used in such ways, but this is mostly for the readers NEVER use this word to describe someone who is mentally handicapped (jach is not but the parents think he is for acting childish and balling like a five year old that lost his toy) please do not use and reprimand anyone who uses such term in a derogatory manner!))

-----

"I can't believe that such a dumb baffoon would be let out of the house let alone around children! Keep him inside or in a asylum away from able minded folk so he won't hurt anyone else! My daughter has a bruised knee after playing with him! He is a danger to the public. Such a beautiful well off and sound minded woman like you deserves better then a retarded man no matter how handsome." Huffed a woman dressed in fine expensive furs and dress sticking her upturned nose in the air.

Jach stopped wailing at the woman's cold words too stunned to even react. The air in the inn sitting room got ten degrees hotter in his outrage but he trembled like he was cold to the bone. Then with a sniffle, a small nussle on his wife's forehead softly wimpering and wispers to her "They listen to any amount of reason and simply enjoy complaining about everything. I would like to get some treats for the children as a thank you for teaching me how to sled today. Why don't we go ask them what they like?" He said looking up at Sam softly as the kids strode over to them who had looked up considered about their friend suddenly crying. A little girl ran up and kissed his cheek. Jach asked what the children wanted as a treat from the shop they only got one small one so they wouldn't get sick on sweets. Of the six, one was allergic to nuts. He wanted mint chocolate bark. They were supposed to get a peppermint stick, a box of chocolate covered rasins, a tin of cookie wafers that had vanilla chocolate on them, a pink unicorn shaped chocolate bar and lastly a molded chocolate mug.  

He got up and looked at her. "Let's go love we don't want to miss our appointment." He said and lightly patted the little girl's head in thanks for trying to cheer him up and walked outside pulling his hat low and his coat caller high. 

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

((okay and I’d never do that. I don’t like that word either))

Sam just listened to everything the woman said on the outside but inside, she wanted to throttle the woman to death. She was so mad but she didn’t let herself show it. Her fists were clenched slightly, though so that gave away her real emotions a bit. She looked over at Jach and noticed him trembling but figured that he was mad as well but was just hiding it as being cold instead.

She listened to what he whispered to her and nodded in understanding before hearing the rest of what he said regarding getting the kids some treats. She nodded again before they came over to them and Jach got their sweet orders before following him back outside into the cold weather to go to the chocolate shop.

He sniffled all the way to the chocolate shop and sat down at the table in the back for taste testing lead there by Harold as his wife was busy making the hot milk at the time and prepping for the tasteing. He took off his coat and hat and sat looking at the table. 

Amana came out with the cups made of thick vanilla and strawberry marbled chocolate, both had whipped cream on top and a few sprinkles to add effect.  She set the muds down in front of them and watched as Jach ate the wipped cream and sipped the milk inside that was turning to a lovely strawberry vinilla concoction in complete silence. "Did something happen? " She wispers softly to Sam. 

She looked at him, concerned when she heard the continued sniffling all the way to the chocolate shop and hoped he would be okay. She followed him to the back table that was for taste-testing before also removing her hat and coat and put them on the bench beside her, still feeling a bit concerned when she noticed him just looking at the table.

She then turned her attention to Amana when she came over with the mugs and smiled at her when she set down the mugs in front of them. She also sipped the milk inside as well as the whipped cream and sprinkles before saying with a smile on her face, "This is really good."  She then heard the soft question she asked her and she said in reply to it just as softly, "We were sledding and having a snowball fight earlier with some kids and their parents pretty much ate him out for doing so which made him cry. One of the moms called him retarded which I could tell made him mad but he didn't show it."

Amana bristled at the word. "Withered old hag, whomever said such a thing is not allowed in my shop. I have extra cups if you'd like to take one with you to cheer him up a little later. " She said looking at Jach then to Sam. 

"This is wonderful Amana. It was a great idea jach. " Harold said softly. Jach simply nodded and finished the milk and started nibbling on the half melted cup. When he was finished he only said what the kids wanted, paid for the sweets, said thanks for the tasteing and headed back to the inn for dinner. He didn't eat dinner, and just waited in the main hall for the children handing out the sweets they asked for after they were done with their meals and sent them on their way.  He then headed back to the cabin, quiet and for into his PJs looking out the window as the snow fell and his demon features appeared. 

“I almost throttled her where she stood for calling him that and then also saying I deserved someone better; psh I think not. Yes I think that would be a good idea and an extra one for me as well,” she said in reply before finishing drinking the hot chocolate and then enjoying eating the cup afterward.

She just watched as Jach paid for the sweets the kids had asked for after he finished eating his own cup after drinking the hot liquid inside it, sad that he still seemed so down. She wondered what she could do in order to make him feel better but wasn’t sure what that was just yet. After she would get the extra cups she’d join him back in the cabin (will Edit to include her going after him if Amana giving Sam the extra cups was implied in the second paragraph).

Since it was only a taste test, she only made enough for the tasteing just in case it didn't turn out well. Amana instructed her to return after dinner to get the two extra cups. So, when Sam returned they were boxed and ready and the shop door was locked behind Sam when she left. 

---------

Jach only moved from his spot by the window to the floor in front of the fire looking into it's depths poking at it with hair dragon clawed hand. One tail tip flicked at her arrival at the cabin. He still was quiet. "Maybe I am slow....  in demon standards. That's not the first time I've been called that..... Father said it many many times. For a meer human mortal to say such thing to the king of Hell-" his dragon claw had dug into a burning log and crushed it. He then casually shook off the soot and embers pulling his hand out examining it. Deep burnished blue and blackened where some of his usually vibrant deep purple and soft velvety palm was, his claws tipped orange from the heat like obsidian. "I would like to curse her for the insult however.... I am not my brothers and I don't want to have that sweet little girl loose her mom no matter how cruel she is. " He said softly after a long period of silence.