AroaraAngelwolf

From light into darkness

She followed him outside and noticed him just stand there before hearing his question. “You start by making a ball out of snow and then you roll it around to add more snow to it and make it bigger. You do that a total of three times for each part of the snowman; the bottom, middle or body, and what would be the top or head. Then you put them together by packing snow between them like glue,” she said before demonstrating by making a ball and then rolling it around as it slowly began to get bigger. When it was the size she wanted it to be, she made another ball, rolled it around until it was a medium size, and then picked it up and put it on top of the larger ball she made first. Then she picked up some snow and put it in places where the body ball would stick to the bottom ball. “Now you make the head,” she said with a smile when she was done.

He watched her curiously and scooped up snow into a ball. He rolled it about the same size as the middle but still put it on top of that one packing snow in between so it was almost seamless. "Like that?" He stood back and surveyed it. "It doesn't look like the painting I have of one. " The heat of his hands, although gloved, still made imprints where he picked up the snowball.  "Can we do another?"

She nodded when he asked if that's how it should be done and then also stepped back to survey it, thinking it was a good practice round snowman to make. "Not quite but it's a version of one," she said in reply to his statement before hearing his question. "Sure," she said in reply before making another ball. "I'll make the head if you'd like to make the body and bottom of this other snowman."

He nodded and rolled up a big snowball and a slightly smaller one setting it on top. Then while she was rolling the head he got a cheeky grin and lobbed a decent sized snowball at her back.

She was about done rolling the snowman's head when she felt a snowball hit her back. She turned just as she was finished shaping the head and saw the cheeky grin on his face. She smiled a bit before placing the head on top of the middle part of the snowman, packed it in to complete it, and then stooped down to make her own snowball and threw it back at him still with the smile on her face.

Jach laughed as he got hit and threw another one as he ran behind his odd shaped snowman for cover.  He threw a few more that got increasingly slushy and he called a truce to put on the carrot and the buttons on the snowman for eyes. 

Sam threw a few more but then stopped when his balls were turning a bit slushy and agreed on the truce before locating some sticks for the arms for both snowmen and then some rocks for the mouths. “There,” she said as she stood back to study them. “Lunch?”

Edited by SkySong278

"Yep! We can do sledding tomorrow. It looks like a blast!" He said pointing to the hill where the car lift would drop off young kids with wooden sleads and skis at the beginner level and went down to the bottom of the mountain on the part that was clear of trees. 

“Okay and I thought we were going to do that after lunch. It does look like a blast,” she said in reply as she looked toward the hill as well when he pointed towards it and she saw the kids going down it after being dropped off by the lift.

"No, we'll be going to the chocolate store! " He said with a grin pulling her into the town to a small local cuisine restaurant and squeezed into the tiny place. "Table for two please."  He said and they got to their table. 

"Oh yeah right. Now I remember," she said before she was pulled by him to a small local cuisine restaurant. When they got there, they had to squeeze into it but it wasn't too bad she thought before they were led to their table after he requested one for them.

He sat down and ordered a hot drink then looked at the spicy meatball soup they had as an option for a meal.  "Order whatever you like love. We'll have desert later." He said with a grin and a wink. "I'm definitely going to stock up on hot cocoa and that strawberry chocolate."

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

She sat down across from him and ordered a hot chocolate with whipped cream before looking at the menu and the food options and decided that she'd have a hot ham and cheese sandwich. "Okay," she said in reply and blushed a bit when she saw his wink. "That sounds like a good plan. I'm always up for more chocolate, whatever the kind."

Edited by SkySong278

He ordered for them and eagerly ate his soup loving the taste of the tomato sauce they used with the meat balls. Afterwards he paid for the lovely meal and lead her to the chocolate shop. There a lovely round woman with fair hair and tanned skin sat rubbing a belly buldge on a stool behind the glass case of the shop. "Jachlein! How lovely it is to see you! Can't resist my treats even in winter you old sleepy serpent. Come here and try my new samples! I even made white chocolate and made a chess board and peices from dark and white chocolate! " She said waving them over as a handsome man came out from behind a curtain with a tray of samples at his wife's bidding. 

She ate her food once it came and enjoyed how it tasted before he paid and then led her to the chocolate shop afterward. She smiled at the friendly woman behind the glass and then it got a bit bigger when she heard how she greeted Jach. She was very interested when she heard what kind of samples she had and wanted to try the white chocolate ones to see how they tasted.

Jach introduced his wife to the pair amd took a sample chocolate of both strawberry and white handing them both to his wife. He took two for himself and bit into one then the other then both. He got a big grin. "You should make marbled chocolate of both white and strawberry shape it into a thick mug and serve hot milk in it. Then people can have white strawberry hot chocolate and eat the cup after!" Amara clapped and giggled writing down the idea. "You come up with the most unusual yet splendid ideas! Come back tomorrow and you and your wife can be my taste testers of such a product!" 

Jach bought a large amount of chocolate, dark, milk, white and strawberry in all sorts of shapes and even some with cordial charries and filling inside. " Shall we head back love? We can come after sledding tomorrow and lunch at the inn for that taste test."

“It’s very nice to meet you both,” she said after Jach introduced her to the pair with a smile before being given the samples of strawberry and white chocolate pieces. She smiled even more when she had tasted them because they were really good. She then heard Jach’s idea of what she should do next and her eyes widened a bit in surprise. She then smiled again but even wider when she heard that they could be her taste testers for the new idea and got very excited.

She then watched as her love bought an assortment of the chocolate before hearing what he asked and said next. “Yes and that sounds like a very good idea.”

"Wonderful! I'll have two cups prepared by one tomorrow for tasteing!" Henry cleared his throat. "Make that three. Can't leave my husband out of the fun!" She giggles and kissed jach on the cheek giving him the large sack of chocolate that included a chess board and even thin card waifers of a deck and sent them off. 

Jach got back to the cabin, made dinner of salted pork and mealted cheese on top and bread. "Shall we play chess then eat the pieces as we take them?" He suggested. " Then we can play go fish and eat the four suits we match!" He said with a grin unwrapping the chess board. 

“Sounds like a very good plan,” Sam said in reply to what Amara said about the cups being ready by one tomorrow afternoon and then giggled when she heard what she said about her husband Henry and not leaving him out.

She followed after Jach back to the cabin after they were given the sack of chocolate concoctions before eating the dinner he made for them. “Sure all that sounds like fun,” she said in reply with a smile.

He set up the chess board him taking the dark chocolate side and she having the strawberry chocolate side. "Pink moves first." He joked. 

“Why thank you,” she said after he had set up the chess board and then moving one of her pawns after being told jokingly that pink goes first.

He moved his knight in turn. Soon she took the first piece from his side.  He retaliated and took a pink pawn eating it and licking his lips. "A delightfully delicious game we're playing right dearest!"

She ended up capturing his first piece before eating it and then he retaliated by capturing one of her pink pawns before eating it in turn. "Indeed it is," she said in reply before playing a rook next. "We get to have a challenging game while also getting to eat the pieces at the same time. I guess we have to work hard for our dessert."

"And be clever because we can't replace them. " He chuckled and moved another peice and took hers handing it to her to eat so she can get more strawberry chocolate. "Then we can split the board after! The best thing about being a demon is that you can eat all the sweets, never get fat from it! We have such high metabolisms that it's near impossible to gain weight... Athough it shows when we become human in disguise." He said. 

“Right but they are tasty,” she said in reply before giggling a bit before he captured a piece of hers and then giving it to her afterward to enjoy. She nodded in thanks before hearing the rest of what he said. “Sounds good and that’s cool. Not so much about it showing while we’re in our human disguises, though. I think I’ll enjoy the chocolate in moderation so I don’t gain too much weight,” she said in reply before moving a bishop while eating one of her pawns.