TJ09

Market Feedback

Message added by TJ09

Please report all bugs in the Help section. This thread is for discussion and feedback only.

7 minutes ago, Chaos Rider said:

Lunar Heralds in the market change to match what's currently dropping so why can't Fire Gems?

Hourly vs. every few days, I would think. Maybe the market's update cycle is only daily?

12 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Hourly vs. every few days, I would think. Maybe the market's update cycle is only daily?

Could be.

Having the market show all possible Fire Gem variants and biome specific breeds at once could be another solution for dealing with them

59 minutes ago, Chaos Rider said:

Could be.

Having the market show all possible Fire Gem variants and biome specific breeds at once could be another solution for dealing with them

But it can't; if you get one right now, for instance, it will be red for the next half hour or so, and you cannot pick up a green or blue one at the moment - so they can't be in the market full time.

15 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

But it can't; if you get one right now, for instance, it will be red for the next half hour or so, and you cannot pick up a green or blue one at the moment - so they can't be in the market full time.

I can see this logic for things like Lunars and Fire Gems that aren't available full time IN CAVE as a certain color ( in which case I could see them being available in Market.... but IF you buy you get the color currently dropping in cave, maybe? For instance if it is currently dropping red FireGems, and you buy, you get a red. I checked and it APPEARS that seasonals work in exactly this way.) BUT I think for BIOME variants a drop down of sorts when you buy that allows you to pick the color would be EVER so appreciated. ( I dunno how hard this would be to do) Since In Cave one can control the color one gets by determining WHERE you hunt.

Edited by JavaTigress

3 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

I've seen the prices change at different times during the day, so I don't think that's it. 

Maybe the frequency is too much? I haven't actually seen it change every hour before. 

This is probably going to be a delayed response, but I was really happy to poke back in and find the Dragon Market made. Thank you for it, I think there was a lot of really great work put into gathering thoughts and suggestions by the mods and the community for a long time, and something that did a lot of careful consideration. It is very nice clean and simple. I appreciate that everyone put a lot of love and passion into their thoughts and contributions towards suggestions and I appreciate those who also took care of the layout and design. I'm sure there are some people who may have issues and suggestions and whatever, but for its first... "release" from what I've seen, I like that it is simple, very straightforward, and that I feel people who are away and return and run into it, whether they use the forums or not, whether English is a native language or not, can gather what it is about pretty quickly. And that is what I think makes it such a nice additional piece to the "front main game area" when there is already a lot of stuff going on there. This game has expanded and grown a lot over the years. I appreciate when adding an entirely new aspect can be done in a way that is both simple and easy to understand in very little time. If we were on Ebay I would say A++++++++++++

not sure if this has been suggested:

- can we add a filter or sorting option?  I want to know which eggs I can afford in the market.  Right now, I need to go through every breed.

- Also, I want to know which eggs I still have to unlock, if there is a sort option for that, it would be wonderful.

- One last wish: can we drop the 'price' for gold and silver? :blush:

3 hours ago, teresadurfin said:

not sure if this has been suggested:

- can we add a filter or sorting option?  I want to know which eggs I can afford in the market.  Right now, I need to go through every breed.

- Also, I want to know which eggs I still have to unlock, if there is a sort option for that, it would be wonderful.

- One last wish: can we drop the 'price' for gold and silver? :blush:

I would love to be able to filter in the Market, especially to more easily see which eggs I can afford right now. It's tedious and frustrating to have to scroll down the entire thing (slowly, so you don't miss any!) to find the handful of breeds you can afford. 

The price for Silvers and Golds seem pretty fair considering how rare they are in-cave... currently 7 1/2 months for a Silver and 10 months for a Gold. The prices will fluctuate (and already have fluctuated) depending on current population, but those times are fairly close to the majority consensus when the Market was here in the Suggestions forum (as Trader's Canyon). 

Edited by HeatherMarie

Red Dorsal I got when I purchased a normal Dorsal. Should this even be possible?

EDIT: Hid the egg now.

Edited by Quetzals

Dorsals are random in the store, just as in the cave. Well done.

Purchasing an egg from the Market does not get displayed in the Action Log ... Does this not get logged at all internally?

Zyumorphs/Coppers/Xenowyrms should be available. It seems weird that they're excluded just because of their biome variance.

1 hour ago, Ruby Eyes said:

... also Sunrise and Glory Drake eggs.

Yeah, I'm curious why those aren't in there. I admit to not knowing much about coding, but if I remember correctly Glory Drakes are night or day depending on what time they are 'laid', right? So why can't the Market just act the same way as the biomes in that regard, giving day glorys in the day and night glorys at night? And excluding Suns make even less sense, their variance has nothing to do with biomes at all and nothing to do with time caught. Doesn't really make any sense to not include them in the Market under the umbrella 'not including variants' reason.

edit: I also want to point out that time-based eggs already are in the Market, specifically Seasonals and Lunar Heralds. I mean yeah their 'time-based' mechanic is much broader, but to me it doesn't make sense to include some time-based breeds and not others... Like, either include them or not, not just some.

Edited by HeatherMarie

Maybe, just maybe show the eggs where the variant can differ (dorsals, ridgewings, florets, two-headed lindwyrm ...) with changing egg sprites? Animated gifs that would show all available options, like on the wiki. At least where we cannot choose what we get.

latest?cb=20140404164435 latest?cb=20151105084303 latest?cb=20180424231846 latest?cb=20160131131036  are way more accurate than just showing the more common variety.

I'd also like to suggest to make biome-based variants available, not just for the florets. Either randomly or - and that would be my preference - give the ability to choose. If you absolutely need to have a biomes assigned to them in order to work, allow for them to show the "normal" biome instead of "market".

Another issue are the time-based breeds. If making only the current breed available doesn't work out, once again, make it random (if a longer period for changing them - like offering any one variety of firegem for a whole day - doesn't work). I'd rather be able to buy a "random" firegem than no firegem at all. (Not that I'm actually focused on firegems, mind you...) Sunrise/Sunset dragons wouldn't need much work, either. Just make the eggs available like from the cave, and their hatching time defines what they'll turn into.

Edited by olympe

I want to say thank you for putting the market in.  Something that a great many of us were hoping for.  I do hope in the not too distant future we will see the biome restricted breeds become available. 

I would also like to make a plea for shimmer and tinsel dragons to be included.  Though I suspect the spriters might not be on board with that idea and your hands are tied.  Though I really don't understand the idea that a prize can only be won by a lottery.  Prize race horses and show dogs didn't come from a lottery, olympic medals aren't winnings out of a cracker jack box.  I fail to understand how a dragon could only be prized and cherished if it came from a lottery.  Things you work long and hard for can be even more prized.

If that is the case I would like to make one other request.  Could we please have a choice in the monthly raffle of what dragon we are in the drawing for.  I don't want a tinsel, it would be a disappointment to me if I got a message I had won and it turned out to be a tinsel.  I would like to see 3 options on the raffle page, tinsel, shimmer, or both.  The way it could work is not dissimilar I expect from what already happens.  There are drawings for each prize type of all the entries.  My suggestion would be to only include entries who specified a breed in that breed's drawing.  Those who didn't choose (or chose both) would be entered in all variant drawings.  It would technically be less chance of winning for those who select one breed but I'd rather win a shimmer or nothing as I normally win nothing.  I know random number generators hate me, it's across the board in every game I play.  Where some people are lucky and are doing pure prize lines now.

It's not really viable to expect people to be able to trade up for 2nd gen prizes.  I spent 3 weeks trying to trade a cb gold and assorted other rarer cb dragons for a 2nd gen shimmer.  I failed.  The only thing I gained from the experience was a selective view bomber who just targeted the gold and not my whole scroll.  Don't know if they are still sticking around as my scroll is still on lock down.  If it is decided that my raffle change idea needs it's own thread anyone is welcome to take up the torch with my blessing.  I don't have the stamina to maintain a thread about it.

I still very very very much want to see Prizes added to the market. If you must, make them exceedingly rare cave drops as well. Restricting the game’s rarest dragons by far to luck of the draw events isn’t very fun or rewarding.

6 minutes ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

I still very very very much want to see Prizes added to the market. If you must, make them exceedingly rare cave drops as well. Restricting the game’s rarest dragons by far to luck of the draw events isn’t very fun or rewarding.

I don't want to see CB Prizes drop in the cave, but I do second adding them to the market. Maybe I'm just a sore loser, but knowing that there are some people with 2+ CB Prizes and many, many more with 0 is disheartening. For a game that's supposed to be about simplicity and collecting, using raffles as the sole method of distribution for CB Prizes doesn't make sense. Even if the they cost 10,000 shards and we can only ever buy one, I think it would make a difference. 

I was excited when I saw there was a market... Buuuuuut that excitement quickly faded when I saw the weekly cap of... 100 shards? You have got to be kidding me? Seriously what's the point? I'm never going to get the things I really want to get with it. All this time it took to implement something like this when plenty of other games do it better. I understand not making things too easy. But dang... What a total let down.

So what's so bad about rewarding your more active players anyway? Heck, it would probably get me to be playing more than I am now. Which is sporadic at best, because I prefer other sites with systems more fleshed out. And have you considered at least raising the cap with players who buy a subscription? At least for now? Giving people a reason to buy it other than hiding ads would probably be a good thing anyway right?

Edited by Kiritora

2 hours ago, Kiritora said:

I was excited when I saw there was a market... Buuuuuut that excitement quickly faded when I saw the weekly cap of... 100 shards? You have got to be kidding me? Seriously what's the point? I'm never going to get the things I really want to get with it. All this time it took to implement something like this when plenty of other games do it better. I understand not making things too easy. But dang... What a total let down.

So what's so bad about rewarding your more active players anyway? Heck, it would probably get me to be playing more than I am now. Which is sporadic at best, because I prefer other sites with systems more fleshed out. And have you considered at least raising the cap with players who buy a subscription? At least for now? Giving people a reason to buy it other than hiding ads would probably be a good thing anyway right?

TJ has always been fairly vocal about not giving paying players an advantage. The only 'advantage' you get is no ads. I *really* hope that never changes. I *hate* games that cater so much to more well-off people... There are plenty of very loyal DCers who simply don't have the means to put real money into it, and they should not be punished for that.

TJ has said that the weekly cap is to be on-par with being able to buy 1 common a week (if you choose). That seems like a pretty fair measurement. The price of rares, on the other hand, is what will make it take so long to get them. Lowering the price of rares a bit would be much better then increasing the weekly cap imo.

42 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

TJ has always been fairly vocal about not giving paying players an advantage. The only 'advantage' you get is no ads. I *really* hope that never changes. I *hate* games that cater so much to more well-off people... There are plenty of very loyal DCers who simply don't have the means to put real money into it, and they should not be punished for that.

TJ has said that the weekly cap is to be on-par with being able to buy 1 common a week (if you choose). That seems like a pretty fair measurement. The price of rares, on the other hand, is what will make it take so long to get them. Lowering the price of rares a bit would be much better then increasing the weekly cap imo.

I agree with this. I am one who could play 24/7 if I chose to and I could also afford a little actual cash - and I am very aware that most people here can't. While sure, an advantage for me would be delightful,  I wouldn't want it - it wouldn't be fair on people with jobs, school, commitments, capped internet. And I am very grateful to TJ for being adamant that no real money can EVER be used to advantage one player over others.

I have to agree with Heather and Fuzz. The market wasn't supposed to be an alternative to hunting in any way, only to supplement it where hunting failed spectacularly. Plus, many - if not most - of the DC players prefer to keep DC casual - and it seems that TJ agrees with that. DC is more about long-term commitment than about instant gratification.

2 hours ago, olympe said:

I have to agree with Heather and Fuzz. The market wasn't supposed to be an alternative to hunting in any way, only to supplement it where hunting failed spectacularly. Plus, many - if not most - of the DC players prefer to keep DC casual - and it seems that TJ agrees with that. DC is more about long-term commitment than about instant gratification.

Bolding because I LOVE This. I am so tired of instant gratification stuff. We do not need everything right now.

The lack of that is one reason I only play DC and no other on line games. I am saving for a CB gold. It will take me absolutely ages. That's fine. I have also saved for a car, a piano and more. DC is no different from real life in that respect., Sometimes you have to SAVE UP !

Edited by Fuzzbucket
Typo. Maybe I should save for typing lessons...

2 hours ago, olympe said:

I am with fuzzbucket. I don't mind taking my time to get somewhere. Intant gratification means the novelty can wear off fast. I've been playing since 2009(ish). I still have yet to catch a CB gold (silvers several over the years)

An example of where it felt... strage to get something I've wanted... without the pleasure of getting it myself, was a autograph... (okay its apples and oranges) but I got an autograph n a live auction recently... but its not the same as actually going to get it. The satisfaction of finally that pen touches the object of your choice in your name... Its great to have, and I love it but I still want to get one of my one.

Should prizes be added (I hope not) but I would expect their price to be 10 - 15k Their prices not lower and you'd have to dedicate yourself to getting one.

I just checked the market, the Chickens are the most expensive thing there right now.

I still don't understand *why* Chickens are more expensive then Golds, I most definitely see more Chickens in the biomes then Golds! I still have no idea what I'm going to buy with my shards since I don't care about getting a CB Gold and I can catch all uncommons... But it's still fun to watch my shard count increase. 

5 hours ago, olympe said:

DC is more about long-term commitment than about instant gratification.

Yeeesss. The thing is, *how* many players have been playing for *years* without getting a single CB Gold? A lot! A lot. Many of us hardly ever even *see* them in the biomes, and many people don't have enough 'valuable' things to trade for one. And yet most people haven't given up the hope of someday getting one. Waiting 8 or 9 months for a *guaranteed* CB Gold in the Market is a million times better then anything we've had before. Before the Market some people simply couldn't ever ever get those really rare things... Now with the Market it's possible. So you wait awhile to save up for it, it's much better then never being able to get it at all!