TJ09

Market Feedback

Message added by TJ09

Please report all bugs in the Help section. This thread is for discussion and feedback only.

People who can dedicate more time are already rewarded, in that they are more likely to see (and grab) rares in the cave. The market isn't here to replace cave hunting, its to make sure all players have an equal chance to get the shiny stuff, either by saving up for months or putting in hours of cave hunting.

Exactly. And those who already have loads of time to hunt do not need the chance to add to that advantage by being able to buy more as well.

And I do speak as one who could have unlimited time in cave if I liked. It's not a sour grapes thing. But I do also think that now is not the time to beg for more and more and more. The poor thing has only been in operation for 2 days. TJ needs to monitor how it pans out before doing anything other than fix bugs. (Mind you, given that anything he does only seems to elicit the response  "that's not ENOUGH"  I'm surprised he bothers....)

7 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I don't like the idea of buying anything but eggs.

More to the point,. I am certain sure this one won't fly. The extra breeding slot we used to have went when we got more trophy levels, and I THINK TJ said (yes I KNOW, he can change his mind XD) that it would never come back in any form.

So, there was an extra breeding slot, I don't know, before the Platinum Trophy? I think I'm not following...

Anyway, I actually don't have any expectations of my idea; I consider it's useful in the long term and could be another resource for every player in the game. Not that I'm gonna fight for it but I wanted to share an idea, you never know.

Taking 9 months to be able to buy a dragon that requires 4000 shards, seems way too long considering that means that person wouldn't be able to buy anything from the market for those 9 months. With that kind of time frame to get something I have yet to ever see in the cave myself, makes the market almost pointless to me. I would like to see the cap raised before I see this as beneficial to me.

Being able to be SURE of getting a CB gold using a mechanic that wasn't available for ANYTHING before makes it worth it. Many have hunted for far far lnger than 9 months without success. Wait for the gold - don't buy anything else - you still have all those biomes to get other stuff.

I forget when we lost the extra breed slot - I am guessing November 2010, with The Change: http://dragcave.wikia.com/wiki/The_Change - but it isn't mentioned there.

TJ's post here does say:

Egg/Hatchling Limits

• Changing to 4 eggs / 12 total, regardless of whether or not you're breeding, grabbing from cave, or whatnot.

which suggests to me that that extra slot was referenced.

2 hours ago, Fjord said:

People who can dedicate more time are already rewarded, in that they are more likely to see (and grab) rares in the cave. The market isn't here to replace cave hunting, its to make sure all players have an equal chance to get the shiny stuff, either by saving up for months or putting in hours of cave hunting.

That's exactly right. I'm one who has been here for 11 and a half years. I've only caught two cave born silver and was gifted one cave born gold. In that same time my life circumstances have changed several times and with each change the amount of time I can spend on Dragon Cave seems to get smaller.

As it is now most weeks I don't do anything on the site, unless it happens to be a week that a release happens. With the introduction of the market I have a little more motivation to come around on those in between weeks to earn my shards. I actually worry I won't be able to meet the 100 shard cap. I understand that I'm going to have to increase my weekly activity to meet that shard cap and save up to get that the rares I want. I'm okay with that.

If I had more time and access that wasn't restricted to mobile play, maybe I might have closer to my scroll goals, but I don't so I appreciate that the market is available. I also appreciate that it is fair to everyone. Those of you who can spend more time on the site during the week have more opportunities to get rares from the biomes. I never see them, can't catch anything to trade for them (have you seen what most people are asking for them? O.o!), but now with time and work each week I can finally get them.  

If the cap were raised I can see the prices being raise which would make it harder on me to earn what I need. Unlike most people in the thread, I'm only sitting at 140 shards right now and I will be until my eggs hatch and I collect those shards. Before shards were introduced I would probably not come back other than to check on growth. Now that shards are here I might get a second round of the new eggs to get the shards.

Edited by pegasi1978
Auto correct on phone inserted wrong word

17 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I forget when we lost the extra breed slot - I am guessing November 2010, with The Change: http://dragcave.wikia.com/wiki/The_Change - but it isn't mentioned there.

TJ's post here does say:

which suggests to me that that extra slot was referenced.

... I see.

That happened before I arrived the site, I didn't know about that extra slot. But yeah, if TJ changes his mind about it, great!

45 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Being able to be SURE of getting a CB gold using a mechanic that wasn't available for ANYTHING before makes it worth it. Many have hunted for far far lnger than 9 months without success. Wait for the gold - don't buy anything else - you still have all those biomes to get other stuff.

This exactly! The very *existence* of the Market means that things are suddenly actually *available* to people who previously had absolutely no hope of getting them at all. I've said before, almost 10 years of playing and I've only seen 1 CB Gold in the biomes. For people like that, who have *no* hope of getting certain rares otherwise, the Market is a wonderful amazing thing. I totally understand that some people might see 9 months as being too long to wait, but for those of us who have tried without success for *years*, 9 months is nothing. 9 months is welcome! 9 months is like 'omg, you mean in 9 months there is a *guarantee* I can get the thing I've been trying for for years?!!?'. It's awesome!

As for not buying anything else during that time, I've said it before: Priorities. If a CB Gold is important enough to you, make that the priority and save up those shards. If you'd rather buy something else sooner, do that. You have the choice, you have the freedom to decide what exactly you think is worth the time. If saving up without buying anything for 9 months isn't worth it, then don't. No one is forcing you. If you are like many others and have tried for *years* without success to catch a CB Gold, then waiting 9 more months shouldn't be all that horrible. 

9 months seems fair for a CB Gold; you're still meant to predominately catch them in the biomes. Spend that 9 months of saving dedicating your free time to hunting down that elusive Gold, and maybe you might get lucky. Maybe you won't - this feature is now here to alleviate the aggravation of ages of fruitless hunting. Perhaps you're a different sort of player; maybe you don't strictly need a CB Gold, either because you've reached your goals through trades/hunting, or you don't care much about lineages. Now you get a neat little semi-annual freebie as a reward for continued playing, if you're keen on it. I think this works out nicely. 

6 hours ago, Kaini said:

What would be wrong with people who play more earning more than casual players, though? If you play more and put more effort into it, you get more. That seems fair to me. If it was supposed to be completely equal, you could just get 100 a week by logging in.

I agree. I would like to see an increase in the weekly maximum. It was very quick and easy to achieve. I feel like I would be able to achieve it equally as easily in a week when I'm busy and not really checking up on DC that often, which doesn't seem fair. If I'm more active, I want to be able to earn more than when I'm less active. It's good incentive to keep activity up, even during busy periods. :) 

45 minutes ago, StormWizard212 said:

I agree. I would like to see an increase in the weekly maximum. It was very quick and easy to achieve. I feel like I would be able to achieve it equally as easily in a week when I'm busy and not really checking up on DC that often, which doesn't seem fair. If I'm more active, I want to be able to earn more than when I'm less active. It's good incentive to keep activity up, even during busy periods. :) 

Precisely my thoughts on this.

Can someone please tell me how to find the market? I can't find it in the forums or the cave. And also how to find how many shards I have or how to earn them? The trading hub is on my main cave page by my "Dragons" link, but the "Market" is not there - it's not on my "Accounts" page or anywhere else I look. I don't see it anywhere in the forums either. I just don't know where else to look.

1 minute ago, raindear said:

Can someone please tell me how to find the market? I can't find it in the forums or the cave. And also how to find how many shards I have or how to earn them? The trading hub is on my main cave page by my "Dragons" link, but the "Market" is not there - it's not on my "Accounts" page or anywhere else I look. I don't see it anywhere in the forums either. I just don't know where else to look.

D7HmuWl.png

The number next to your username is how many shards you have. It's also a link that you can click on to get to the market. Here is a thread about shard specifics and how to collect them:

In future, please post your questions about the new features in the help forum and save these threads just for suggestions about how the features can be improved. :)

2 minutes ago, StormWizard212 said:

D7HmuWl.png

The number next to your username is how many shards you have. It's also a link that you can click on to get to the market. Here is a thread about shard specifics and how to collect them:

In future, please post your questions about the new features in the help forum and save these threads just for suggestions about how the features can be improved. :)

Thank you so much.

Repeating my request to TJ to have the market actually visible as a text link somewhere or a location on the minimap when on computer, because it's unintuitive to click on your money to go to a new page inaccessible anywhere else.

Also, perhaps we could get sort options in market? not a priority for now, but I'd like to see the eggs from cheapest to most expensive, or maybe oldest to newest, or bsas only, or other things.

Edited by Shadowdrake

9 minutes ago, Shadowdrake said:

Repeating my request to TJ to have the market actually visible as a text link somewhere or a location on the minimap when on computer, because it's unintuitive to click on your money to go to a new page inaccessible anywhere else.

Also, perhaps we could get sort options in market? not a priority for now, but I'd like to see the eggs from cheapest to most expensive, or maybe oldest to newest, or bsas only, or other things.

I like both of these suggestions. :) Some people have mentioned potentially having certain eggs go on 'sale' at different times and that would be another good option for filtering/sorting if implemented. 

41 minutes ago, Shadowdrake said:

Yes to both! I'd especially love a way to sort the market eggs, seeing cheapest to most expensive. I've already confused myself twice thinking something is cheaper then it really is because everything around it was cheaper. 

I am just wondering...

You earn shards for breeding dragons... Won't that raise the amount of abandoned eggs?

I know that one can earn only 100 shards/week, but there are more than 1000 users. How many of them will bred and abandon the eggs just to get more shards? This action will block the AP page...

eggs get picked up from the AP.  No matter what it is, someone will grab it once it gets a low enough time.  and you get shards for picking up AP eggs as well.  (not as many, but you can get them that way too)  Even the people that pick them up to hatch and drop will profit.  and hatchlings always get snatched fast.   The only time things potentially die in the AP is when everything is stuck behind a holiday wall.  :)

Edited by DragonLady86

8 hours ago, StormWizard212 said:

This, exactly.

6 hours ago, Shadowdrake said:

I like both these suggestions. The number of people asking where to find the market already shows that it's an issue, and I'd find a sort option within the market really convenient.

On 5/24/2018 at 12:48 PM, Sharanay said:

I am just wondering...

You earn shards for breeding dragons... Won't that raise the amount of abandoned eggs?

It clearly has.

There's tons of bred eggs, all down to 3 days. Never seen them get that low, even during previous releases. So I'm gonna assume that users are breeding much more than usual, to get the weekly shards. I hope it lasts, it's pretty nice to be able to grab just about anything and hatch it instantly.

Edited by Genjar

35 minutes ago, Genjar said:

It clearly has.

There's tons of bred eggs, all down to 3 days. Never seen them get that low, even during previous releases. So I'm gonna assume that users are breeding much more than usual, to get the weekly shards. I hope it lasts, it's pretty nice to be able to grab just about anything and hatch it instantly.

Egg times always get lower during releases/events. It's not really out of the ordinary. Given how low the weekly cap is and the fact that it's easily obtainable through minimum gameplay, I really doubt that there are people mass breeding to grind shards. 

I have no problem with shards being obtainable through breeding. I would still like to see the weekly cap raised, but not removed. If it was removed altogether, then yes, there might be an issue with people grinding shards through breeding thousands of dragons, but if it's just raised a bit, I don't see that being a problem.

It is out of the ordinary, though. I've never seen ap eggs get this far past ER to completely uninfluenceable except for Halloween or after the holiday wall breaks, and the latter only for a few hours at most. After people realize what the cap is/the new market magic wears off they probably won't massbreed every Sunday on this scale, but I do expect the AP to have even more eggs in general (not that that's a bad thing, it might help ratios since people will actually breed commons for the sake of breeding).

I don't think there's any point to raising the cap when TJ said he based it off 1 common every week. If caps are raised prices would have to be proportionally increased for that standard, and it'd just make more work for the same amount of reward, especially for those casual/busy players the cap was set in mind of.

Thing is that the dragons that were bred on the 21st (start of birthday celebration) are just now hitting the AP today. So it is not breeding that happened due to the market that has the AP so full -- it is eggs bred before we even knew the market was a thing. I think the low times are mostly due to the number of new dragons released. Assuming most people want at least a pair of each means that pretty much everyone was egg-locked for at least the first 2 days and therefore not picking up AP eggs.

I agree with purple. People are wanting way more of the new ones than usual - and there are four of them. I know I am far more than usually locked. I have seen some wonderful stuff in the AP and - simply couldn't bring myself to drop anything, as I sometimes would. Not only that - but I shall go for even more of the new ones before looking at the AP again. And I bred a few - bu most of my shards were from stuff I already had growing up - and from picking up the new eggs.