Jump to content
TJ09

2018-04-22 - April Dragon Release

Recommended Posts

Is there new release in Alpine, Coast and Volcano?  Those bio are empty too....

Edited by teresadurfin

Share this post


Link to post

The power of grumbling: I got the two i needed with the hourly! I'll need to wait for a word-code egg to hatch before I grab the final one; hopefully they'll still be easy to catch by then.
 

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, maylin said:

7 hours and already mixed? Hope that means these are new rares O: 

We really need some new ones~

 

Nice to see someone else who'd love some new rares! While I totally understand people's frustration when the flood is short, I would really like to see a few more 'true' rares in the cave, rares that are actually rare by game standards and not just because users have made them so. 

 

Someone mentioned the drake hatchling looking like the s2 Caligene, had to go look and remind myself what those looked like but yeah they are definitely similar! I like the coloring of the drake hatchie, it's very pretty. And omg omg do we have a pygmy wyrm?! *dances* (Please please pleeeeease don't grow legs!)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, Whirlaway said:

The pygmy egg (Red Streak) can be found in Desert, Forest and Jungle, while the drake (Rough Shell) is in the Forest and Jungle.

 

29 minutes ago, teresadurfin said:

Is there new release in Alpine, Coast and Volcano?  Those bio are empty too....

No, just the three biomes listed (bolded for clarity).

Edited by The Dragoness

Share this post


Link to post

Well, I was finally able to drop the mis-click I made 5 hours ago, due to the painfully short flood of the new eggs. 

Managed to get some of the teeny 'Red Streak' eggs.  ^_^

 

But I still don't get WHY old eggs were mixed in so quickly.  Like I said before, those of us that are not in the DC time zone get penalised for this. 

Share this post


Link to post

These are permanent releases, so the only thing you really miss if you miss the flood is getting the eggs right away and being among the first to have adults. They will still be dropping later today, and tomorrow, etc etc... They are still dropping a lot right now, when I refreshed at the :05 I only saw two or three old eggs mixed in among plenty of new ones.

Share this post


Link to post

Thank you for drakes and pygmies 😊

Edited by Fuzzbucket
evil spellchecker

Share this post


Link to post

I just egg-locked myself with eggs, grabbed a few I don't really need...

So, anyone need "This egg has a rough shell" eggs?

I have 3 I can gift. I would prefer for them to go to someone, who doesn't have a pair yet!

Just PM me! ;)

 

All gone

Edited by Helel

Share this post


Link to post

I just picked up one of each. That will be all I will be able to get. I am waiting on someone to take two eggs and I have one Seragamma Wyern egg that I thought was one of the new eggs. 😞 Plus I am having a hard time finding them. I wish it was like the last new release of eggs. When there was nothing but the new ones. 

Share this post


Link to post

I hope the new Pygmies aren't too rare, since it looks like they're going to make a new zombie type (pygmy wyrm). Unless the hatchlings start growing limbs as they mature.

 

I really like the look of the new Pygmy hatchies, regardless.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Frodo said:

Well, I was finally able to drop the mis-click I made 5 hours ago, due to the painfully short flood of the new eggs. 

Managed to get some of the teeny 'Red Streak' eggs.  ^_^

 

But I still don't get WHY old eggs were mixed in so quickly.  Like I said before, those of us that are not in the DC time zone get penalised for this. 

 Actually DC time zoners get penalized most? If we go to bed at a resonable hour (say 10pm) we miss the start of the flood and 10 to 1 the eggs mix BEFORE we wake up. We actually have to force ourselves to stay up past our bedtimes, which is detrimental to our health. Thank god TJ normally does releases on Saturday or Sunday at 12am ...can you imagine a teen sneakily staying up til like 2-3am and then having to be up at 6:30-7 to go to a FULL DAY of school? Or an adult staying up similarly and having to go to a full day of work at like 5? 

 

So much more easier for someone in a MUCH earlier timezone as you're probably /awake/ when 12am est hits! Yeah you might have to sneak hunt on your phone/work computer/school computer. But at least its during your day ;_;

 

I mean I am EST, I stayed up till about 4am or so catching these (im on a cellphone) and I just wasted almost an ENTIRE gorgeous day sleeping until almost 3pm! This will also screw with my sleep schedule as I wont feel tired until about 3am tomorrow!

 

These releases really favor no one but the American insomniacs...which I am NOT one of.

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Vampyre said:

Thank god TJ normally does releases on Saturday or Sunday at 12am ...can you imagine a teen sneakily staying up til like 2-3am and then having to be up at 6:30-7 to go to a FULL DAY of school? Or an adult staying up similarly and having to go to a full day of work at like 5? 

Yes I can imagine that...:D

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, Vampyre said:

 Thank god TJ normally does releases on Saturday or Sunday at 12am ...can you imagine a teen sneakily staying up til like 2-3am and then having to be up at 6:30-7 to go to a FULL DAY of school? Or an adult staying up similarly and having to go to a full day of work at like 5? 

All I have to say to that is thank goodness I work the night shift so I get to sleep in. :D

Share this post


Link to post

Finally got a pygmy and first catch on my brand new laptop! The drake looks nice...but seems familiar...but the pygmy looks nice. Kind of like an aquatic critter. 

Share this post


Link to post

The drake just looks cooler and cooler!

 

It does seem familiar to me but I think it's just because it reminds me of Olive adults, what with being all lanky and scrunchy and green.

 

Drakes are honestly one of my favorite things about DC and I'm really glad to have more in the breeding pool. If they keep that nice iridescent green color they should make for awesome Morphodrake pairing options :D

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, Vampyre said:

 Actually DC time zoners get penalized most? If we go to bed at a resonable hour (say 10pm) we miss the start of the flood and 10 to 1 the eggs mix BEFORE we wake up. We actually have to force ourselves to stay up past our bedtimes, which is detrimental to our health. Thank god TJ normally does releases on Saturday or Sunday at 12am ...can you imagine a teen sneakily staying up til like 2-3am and then having to be up at 6:30-7 to go to a FULL DAY of school? Or an adult staying up similarly and having to go to a full day of work at like 5? 

 

So much more easier for someone in a MUCH earlier timezone as you're probably /awake/ when 12am est hits! Yeah you might have to sneak hunt on your phone/work computer/school computer. But at least its during your day ;_;

 

I mean I am EST, I stayed up till about 4am or so catching these (im on a cellphone) and I just wasted almost an ENTIRE gorgeous day sleeping until almost 3pm! This will also screw with my sleep schedule as I wont feel tired until about 3am tomorrow!

 

These releases really favor no one but the American insomniacs...which I am NOT one of.

 

12am for you is 5am for me.  Can you imagine staying up until 5am for the initial release, then, say another hour trying to catch them?   

And when I got up this morning, older eggs were already mixed in.  :(

It would be much easier at midnight.  Or better yet, TJ did releases at 5pm for a short while, which seemed better for ALL time zones - don't know why he stopped that.

But yes, non-DC time zones DO get punished. 

Share this post


Link to post

EEE! The second stage of the pygmy is still legless, and wingless!:wub: I can wait to see the adult! Loving the drake's wings as well. Thank you TJ and spriters for this awesome release ^_^

Share this post


Link to post
21 minutes ago, Frodo said:

 

12am for you is 5am for me.  Can you imagine staying up until 5am for the initial release, then, say another hour trying to catch them?   

And when I got up this morning, older eggs were already mixed in.  :(

It would be much easier at midnight.  Or better yet, TJ did releases at 5pm for a short while, which seemed better for ALL time zones - don't know why he stopped that.

But yes, non-DC time zones DO get punished. 

 

I know your schedule may be different, but many people get up for work around that time... 5 or 6am. If the DC drop starts at 5 or 6am their-time, they are normally up and getting ready for work, and many people can spare a few minutes to hunt during that time (I know many people get up earlier then they have to so they don't have to rush in the mornings....). No one says you have to stay up until 5am, but many people actually *get up* around then. And again, I don't know your schedule, but if the release started at 5am your time, the only way to completely miss the flood would be if you slept extra late. I'd dare to say that the majority of people would probably be awake by at least 10 or 11am, and at that time they were still dropping tons. I came back online at roughly 9am my-time, which was a full 12 hours after the new release started, and I saw plenty of new eggs (couldn't catch them because I was locked, but I saw them!).

 

Anyways, pretty much every single timezone has it's drawbacks, in one way or another. For me, midnight DC-time is only 9pm here, which is awesome for stuff like new releases, but can be frustrating for things like the limited holiday events, because it feels like they 'end sooner' since they end so early my-time. I very much doubt that there would be *any* time TJ could start the new releases that would make *everyone* happy. 

 

I'm very very glad that the s2 pygmy has not grown wings or legs.... I'm still wary, but I'm really really hoping it is indeed a wyrm! That would be awesome. 

Edited by HeatherMarie

Share this post


Link to post

So the red streaks sort between Red-finned tidals and Ridgewings, and the rough shells sort between Tarantula Hawk drakes and Terrae.

 

Any name guesses?? :D 

Red Streak Pygmy would actually fit, but I feel that’s way too on the nose, and I’ve no idea about the rough shells.

Edited by broadway_fiend
Can’t spell lol

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.