TJ09

2018-04-22 - April Dragon Release

6 minutes ago, broadway_fiend said:

So the red streaks sort between Red-finned today’s and Ridgewings, and the rough shells sort between Tarantula Hawk drakes and Terrae.

Any name guesses?? :D 

Red Streak Pygmy would actually fit, but I feel that’s way too on the nose, and I’ve no idea about the rough shells.

Now I'm kind of hoping it is Red Streak Pygmy! We have a lot of really nice interesting dragon names in the cave, but sometimes it is nice to have a fairly obvious descriptive name.

15 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

I know your schedule may be different, but many people get up for work around that time... 5 or 6am. If the DC drop starts at 5 or 6am their-time, they are normally up and getting ready for work, and many people can spare a few minutes to hunt during that time (I know many people get up earlier then they have to so they don't have to rush in the mornings....). No one says you have to stay up until 5am, but many people actually *get up* around then. And again, I don't know your schedule, but if the release started at 5am your time, the only way to completely miss the flood would be if you slept extra late. I'd dare to say that the majority of people would probably be awake by at least 10 or 11am, and at that time they were still dropping tons. I came back online at roughly 9am my-time, which was a full 12 hours after the new release started, and I saw plenty of new eggs (couldn't catch them because I was locked, but I saw them!).

Anyways, pretty much every single timezone has it's drawbacks, in one way or another. For me, midnight DC-time is only 9pm here, which is awesome for stuff like new releases, but can be frustrating for things like the limited holiday events, because it feels like they 'end sooner' since they end so early my-time. I very much doubt that there would be *any* time TJ could start the new releases that would make *everyone* happy. 

I'm very very glad that the s2 pygmy has not grown wings or legs.... I'm still wary, but I'm really really hoping it is indeed a wyrm! That would be awesome. 

^This pretty much.  I am CST, which means midnight is 11:00pm got me, which is an improvement over midnight, but not by much. 

Personally, when TJ announced the random release days, I was hoping random release TIMES as well.  If the times were varied, then different people would have the "advantage" on every release day.

Nice surprise coming back from my weekend trip. But, looks like the main flooding is over as I have only seen one new egg so far.

Nice nice! First time in an embarrassingly long time that I actually noticed the "hey there's a new release" forum post more than a few days after, haha. Got my two of each, looking forward to seeing the adults!

Edit: hey, this was not an invitation to viewbomb my new eggs, ya jerk. 3:<

Edited by Feathers
typo Dx

It's too bad the initial phase couldn't have been a little longer. I still haven't nabbed a red streak, but luckily I did get two drake eggs. Ah well.

Caution: Please keep an eye on your eggs, don't add them to hatcheries too soon!!

I'm already seeing a *lot* of new eggs in the hatcheries, and I've already counted 15 that are sick, and even seen one dead one. Eggs are vulnerable when they are this young! Please be careful.

Oh hey well this was good to come home from work to. I don't see any eggs atm but haha

Interesting to see a new pygmy type (wyrm) but I, personally, would have much preferred a normal wyrm than a pygmy. I do like the red on the drakes, though, and am interested to see what they look like.

Oh I am so unprepared for this!!! *prods eggs so they hatch faster and I can grab the new eggies*

Went and grabbed one more of each. Need to have equal numbers of the three special breeds so decided to.

Whew,,   Despite my late start at this, because I forgot about the eggs yesterday, I have managed to get all eight of my eggs for red or green .  YAY,,,

Yay! Thank you so much I just got two of each and am so excited to see them!!! :lol:

Whoa....funniest thing just happened. I picked one of each up not knowing which egg it was until someone told me. :P

Rough 2018 eggBold 2018 egg

~/view/ links changed to /lineage/ links~

Edited by purpledragonclaw

Managed to get 2 of each, all of them now influenced with some incubation magic. Unlike others I seem super lucky when it comes to new releases, tend to coincidentally log on to check my dragons around midnight game time everyday and multiple eggs always seem to hatch the day the drop happens XD No complaints from me tho!

Excited to see these guys grown up! Pygmy wyrm sounds like it'd be an adorable Dragon to have. (Cough cough and I totally don't have a weird love of wyrms on here cough cough) Drake will also be awesome I'm sure!

Edit: Even got a couple interesting codes, nuNNi and ImgE9

Edited by SkyKimimota

3 hours ago, broadway_fiend said:

Red Streak Pygmy would actually fit

The hatchies don't really have any streaks on them though. Just the egg.

19 minutes ago, TCA said:

I meant like it would fit between red finned tidals and ridgewings. Also, since they’re so small and have no wings or legs (yet) maybe they’d be described as “red streaks” in the air or something. Maybe “red frilled pygmy.” It was just an idea.

Edited by broadway_fiend

12 minutes ago, TCA said:

....... Why do I feel like you are trying to trick us, leading us away from that name, and then when the adults come you'll be all 'gotcha!' lol :P

Yeeessss my stubborn Flamingo finally hatched!!! Now I can hunt for one more egg..... But I currently have two of each of the new ones. Must decide which one to get a third of.

Pygmy wyrm huh? Unfortunate to see a new zombie class right as I'm giving up on zombies (too rare). From an aesthetic standpoint though they're nice and I'm happy to get more variation.

Decided to grab a third pygmy because they seem to possibly be a bit more rare (at least, I'm seeing them snatched faster, and I'm seeing more of the drakes in general). Now I'm again out of the hunt, until my chicken hatches in 8 hours, which means probably actually until tomorrow morning because I doubt I'll be awake then.