TJ09

2018-04-22 - April Dragon Release

Just grabbed one :)

and I reflexively grabbed a bsa pink, which I don't need.  Whoops

Edited by Draconiusultamius

5 hours ago, Frodo said:

12am for you is 5am for me.  Can you imagine staying up until 5am for the initial release, then, say another hour trying to catch them?   

And when I got up this morning, older eggs were already mixed in.  :(

It would be much easier at midnight.  Or better yet, TJ did releases at 5pm for a short while, which seemed better for ALL time zones - don't know why he stopped that.

But yes, non-DC time zones DO get punished. 

Considering you dont know if he is going to release or not (its not a gaurentee?) It just makes sense to wake up early if you even think there may be a release? I mean jeeze waking up at 5 and checking for a release is probably better than going to bed at 10pm and waking up at 5am and the release already being mixed! At least you'll be hunting on full sleep.

Also releases are usually 12am est. If it is a monthly guarentee set an alarm each friday and saturday night to wake up and check at 5am...common sense ;p Why would TJ put a release in during the middle of the cave day just to please a smallminority of users at the cost of alienating what is likely a large amount of users?

Being that I'm only an hour behind DC time, I'm slightly biased, but I see no reason to change the timing of releases. All timezones will be negatively effected to a degree no matter what (ex. I get up at 6am for work most days, so my only options are to stay up until midnight and lose sleep or miss the flood). These eggs will be in the cave permanently, so there's no need to worry about not snagging them at exactly 12:00. Even now, with other breeds mixing in, I've seen at least a handful in every drop. If the releases started at 5pm again, even more people would miss out because of work/school. At least midnight sort of falls in the middle?

If you still have trouble grabbing the eggs because of your schedule, just post here. There have always been generous people willing to help out :)

I was going through some of the old release posts out of curiosity... In 2014 for awhile there were scheduled releases that TJ would post about beforehand and say exactly when they would happen (and he's posted fairly recently that those scheduled releases ended up being bad for the site). With those, they usually happened around 1pm cave-time.... Which means that for the majority of players either in or close to DC's timezone, it was normally impossible to be here for the start of the release because they were in school or at work. So that wasn't exactly the best idea, imo. There may possibly be less grumbling about the midnight start-time if the floods lasted longer... Then again, we used to have longer floods, much longer, and tons of people complained about that because they wanted to go back to hunting the other breeds in the biomes. Basically you can't please everyone and it's sort of a losing battle to try.

I'm going to say again: Pleaaaase keep an eye on your eggs people!! So many nearly-brand-new eggs in the hatcheries, so many that are already sick, it's really sad to see.

Hm, somebody stuck my eggs in a fansite. Luckily I'm still watching them, or that woulda stunk.

4 hours ago, purpledragonclaw said:

Oh I am so unprepared for this!!! *prods eggs so they hatch faster and I can grab the new eggies*

Me too.

40 minutes ago, Kaini said:

Hm, somebody stuck my eggs in a fansite. Luckily I'm still watching them, or that woulda stunk.

I have all my eggs hidden so no one can click on them. That works for me. Why don't you try that.

2 minutes ago, DreamingDragons101 said:

I have all my eggs hidden so no one can click on them. That works for me. Why don't you try that.

I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not, but yes I fogged them :P I usually don't have to, viewbombing is getting more of a problem lately.

i missed the whole release...and all i see are common-filled biomes -.-

Edited by Sirithiliel

Just now, Sirithiliel said:

i missed the whole release...

You can still get them but it is harder to find. 

1 minute ago, DreamingDragons101 said:

You can still get them but it is harder to find. 

i know XD it just sucks that not even a day into the release and the commons are everywhere already

i'll manage

Hey y'all, reminder to make sure you watch your eggs closely -- someone viewbombed my eggs and all of them are sick now. Glad I thought to check them again this evening!!

Easiest to fog your new eggs for a day at least before unfogging  and allowing them to get views. Fog new eggs is easier than not in the end.

Edited by Whirlaway

Any particular biome for these? Or anyone got the egg descriptions? The OP doesn;t say much of use.

Just now, Kovia said:

Any particular biome for these? Or anyone got the egg descriptions? The OP doesn;t say much of use.

Pygmy = "This tiny egg has a bold red streak on it." Desert, Forest and Jungle

Drake = "This egg has a rough shell." Forest, Jungle

1 hour ago, Whirlaway said:

Easiest to fog your new eggs for a day at least before infighting them and allowing them to get views. Fog new eggs is easier than not in the end.

You're absolutely right, and I see the other folks in here saying that, too... I've never had any trouble with viewbombers before, but I posted in here and apparently someone decided to. Ugh. Wish there was a way (other than hiding defenses!) to prevent it.

On 4/21/2018 at 10:01 PM, Auferstehung said:

mass sickness

At last!  My latest experiment coincides with viewbombing!

29 minutes ago, Feathers said:

You're absolutely right, and I see the other folks in here saying that, too... I've never had any trouble with viewbombers before, but I posted in here and apparently someone decided to. Ugh. Wish there was a way (other than hiding defenses!) to prevent it.

Many people have made suggestions in the Suggestions section for ways to tweak sickness so viewbombing wouldn't be so ridiculously damaging. After the holiday attacks this past year I started fogging everything important anytime I couldn't watch them, even if they were close to hatching-time, which definitely helps but it also means my eggs take longer to hatch because they don't have views building up over time. 

I'm wondering if I'm stupid for offering my new release eggs on trades... I hope it doesn't backfire on me, like they turn out to be really rare and I can't get replacements. Oh well, priorities I guess.

Yay, new drake and pygmy! And the hatchies look very promising! I currently have 3 drakes and 4 pygmies, seems like they're nice and easy to grab. Re: the schedule conversation here, I don't mind the midnight DC-time release. I'm... 7 hours ahead of DC time, so if I wake up relatively early and remember to check DC, I can usually grab new eggs with no problems. 

I managed two snatch two pygmies and two drakes yesterday !! 

And in terms of next month, which specific date is related to the birthday and what’s going to happen ? (sorry if this isn’t the place to ask such questions)

I love the look of the drake so far! :D And I'm really excited to have a wyrm pygmy! I can't wait to see what it looks like when it grows up! I've only got a few of these so far since I'm locked with other eggs, but I'll hopefully manage to grab a few more soon.

Yay, they're definitely pygmy wyrms!  To me, they look like red boogers, but idk, that's just me😁👍

26 minutes ago, jerzeeshadow said:

Yay, they're definitely pygmy wyrms!  To me, they look like red boogers, but idk, that's just me😁👍

Can't unsee now. Eww. Lol.

I finally managed a fourth pygmy this morning. I think I'll go back to normal hunting until their popularity goes down.