AroaraAngelwolf

Sky and me 1x1

"Magic tickles my nose if it's not mine. Let's go now. " He said getting up and getting a final drink then let her hop on. He covered the other spots, only two where pale pink in color and was a easy purify. He then stopped outside the gate and let her off to shift. "Let's go tell mum about her finally being a grandma." He said softly. 

“Ah okay. Did it help that I scratched that area for you to make it feel better?” she said and asked in reply before getting onto his back after he had gotten another drink of water from the stream. She then watched as they went to the other spots and he purified them before they arrived at the gate to Wolfgrove. She got off his back when he let her down and then nodded in reply when she heard what he said softly after he had shifted back. She took one of his hands in one of hers before leading the way to the inn.

Edited by SkySong278

Adonis took her hand in his rough palm and followed her into the gates and to the inn. It was busy with early leavers and late arrivals for the festival. The carpenter part had come to a close, but the festival itself was on for another week. His mother was at the register signing in costumers and handing out keys. His brother was helping people with their bags and his father was somewhere making food, the scent of meat, fresh bread and cleaned veggies waifted through the air, intermingling with perfumes, horse sweat and several degrees of unwashed body's ranking from subtle to the human nose and tolerable to outright haven't bathed in a month, possibly more, and rolled around a pig pen for good measure. 

The last of these Adonis coughed and covered his nose, although the culprit was no longer in the space, it lingered heavily in certain spots the culprit stood or sat the longest amount of time in.  Adonis took the lead this time, navigating carefully through the crowd to his mother who was looking for new ink and a replacement pen in the desk drawers behind the counter. Adonis reached up and took some off a shelf where his mother couldn't see them and handed her the pen and ink with a simple statement. "Looking for this Grandma Ray?" He said with a smile.

"Yes, now don't call me grandma, I'm not that old!" Ray huffed going back to signing in people. Adonis looked at the small crowd and held up a finger. "Could I please have a moment to speak with my mum? I have some news I'd like to share with her and my family." He asked softly. 

Slowly the crowd, although some impatient, quieted down so he didn't have to shout his news over the din. "Mum.. there's two reasons why someone would be called grandma and being old is only one of them..." He said as his mother scratched in the book focused on the work needed to be done. The crowd went even quieter with a few snickers  as the scratching continued then slowed, then stopped entirely as the pen was put in it's holder. 

"Now why on Earth would you call me a grandma? I'm far too young to be a grandma!" Ray huffed once more. Adonis shook his head smiling. "Gran Gran, Nana, granny, whatever it is you prefer then is what they're going to call you." He said and laughed when she looked confused for a moment then it melted in to pure joy. "No! No? What?! No way! Honey are you really-?" Ray squealed taking Sabrina's hands in hers and jumping up and down like a delighted child on Christmas. 

Sabrina walked with him to the inn, seeing all of the people there and Ray checking in the guests. She was excited in attending the rest of the festival that was going to continue on for the rest of the week. She looked around at all of the hustle and bustle of people moving around, starting to feel a bit hungry again when she smelled food being made in the kitchen.

She felt her stomach almost starting to growl before she looked over at Adonis when she noticed him cover his nose, getting a bit concerned but then figured that it was because he smelled something that was a bit too strong for him. She then caught a whiff of what he probably smelled earlier and ended up also covering her nose before following him over to where Ray was at the register. She watched with a smile as he reached up to get the ink and other pen Ray needed before hiding a small giggle behind her hand when she heard what he asked her.

She then frowned a bit when she heard her response, knowing that she didn’t understand what he was trying to tell her. She then smiled at the small crowd that was gathered to check in when she heard what he asked them with a held up finger.

She hid a giggle behind her hand again when she heard his short explanation of there being two reasons to be called a grandma with being old one of the reasons although she wasn’t very old. She then watched as her mother in law continued to write and then stop completely while also putting the pen back in the ink.

She heard what she asked and said afterward before hearing the names Adonis listed of what her grandkids could call her or anything else she wanted them to call her instead before seeing her confused expression and it fading when she seemed to understand what he was saying. She then nodded when she heard the last question she was asked and giggled when she watched her be excited like a child on Christmas.

"A grandchild? Oh wait... Two grandkids?! Ahhhh!" Adonis slapped his ears when his mom squealed, and he wasn't the only one. His brother and those closest to the counter plugged their ears too. The woman had some set of pipes. "Yes calm down mum you're making my ears ring..." He growled softly and Ray clapped her hands over her mouth still bouncing around in delight. 

While his mom was preoccupied and peppering Sabrina with questions he took over for the moment checking in he last few people and signing in the book handing them the keys. 

"When did you find out?" "Two days ago mum.." he said flatly answering for Sabrina on that one.

"Sush! Brie, how did you find out? Was it the smell? You must be famashed! Are you craving meat yet? Has your hearing gotten sensitive yet? If not that'll happen further along close to when you give birth. Something about hearing danger and finding safe places. Sari, Adonis' grandma told me hers had lingering affects because she bore the Moon mark like you do. Something's like being able to smell things and even understand a little bit of the old language was a part of it. Hopefully you get those too! "

Sabrina nodded in reply to her first few questions before wincing a bit at how high pitched Ray’s squeal was but didn’t react like both Adonis and Zach did as well as the few customers that were at the desk. She giggled a bit when she heard what her love said before composing herself again but still kept the smile on her face when she watched Ray bounce happily on her feet.

She was then about to answer the first question about when she found out but Adonis did it for her. “I smelled something at our house and got sick. I’m starting to get a bit hungry again after smelling the delicious smells coming from the kitchen here. A little bit. The little ones seem to like lamb kabobs the most. I don’t think so and that’s all good to know. Maybe I will and that’ll be fascinating if I do,” she said in reply to the next few questions or so that she was asked.

"Oh definitely pups then, I don't know what it is with lamb but the dogs go nuts for it. Go have Deric give you a warm meal, I have-" she turned to the customers only to see there where no more. "Oh, Adonis did you take care of it for me? Thank you so much! So, how did the festival go?" She said asking them both. 

“Mhm. They take after their dad in that regard but I’m starting to like them as well so maybe a bit of both of us. Maybe they just really like it,” she said in reply before hearing the statement Ray started to say before she trailed off which caused her to tilt her head a bit in curiosity before hearing the rest of what she said and asked. “I will in a bit and the carpenter part of it went well. Adonis and my dad were able to sell many pieces of furniture that they had made. They had a few left over before we came back here and I think my dad was going to take them back to Shadowgrove with him,” she said in reply and looked over at Adonis in a questioning way after saying what she did in her last statement since she wasn’t sure if that was the case or not.

Edited by SkySong278

"The king was nice, his brother not so much. And before you start asking me, he smelled like cold stone and rich perfumes, he was in disguise. He bought the entire lion set and wanted two more pieces to go with it. I think we have enough to completely finish the house, and touch up the den and probably higher a few dozen people to get that pulley system rigged up for the gates since the old ones broke. Maybe fix the Blacksmiths roof, and rebuild the brick oven for the baker. He paid quite a bit of money, a small fortunes worth and I would like to at least use some of it to help out this ol' town. The only thing that's coming back to us is the reference piece for the commission works. " He said as they headed to the kitchen. "However I've had my fill of crowds and people. I'm not going back." He said softly plopping in a chair with a exhausted sigh. 

“Yeah he called me a not so nice name and asked Adonis if he paid me to call him my husband,” she said in reply to the part regarding the rude guy with a huff before falling silent again when she heard the rest of what he said to Ray. She was a bit confused about what he said about not going back so she asked, “Not going back where?” She then moved to stand behind him before giving his shoulders a light massage while saying as a suggestion, “How about after we finish eating here we go back home and rest.”

Edited by SkySong278

"To the festival. I know you would like to check more of it out but I have had enough of people for the next few months. That sounds great love. " He hummed closing his eyes as she rubbed his shoulders. "And finally get some sleep. I missed snuggling with you. By the way, you said you smelled something in the house that made you sick, what was it? "

Ray huffed and whistles for her husband. "He sounds awfully rude. I would've slapped him for saying such a thing. Oh honey, do you hear?! We're going to be grandparents!" She said once her massive husband darkened the doorway to the kitchen. She bounced over to him with a grin. "You be good to your grandsons, and you will respect your son's ways of teaching them. Now that Bre is eating for three could you please get something to eat? And I'm sure Adonis is hungry too, he probably spent most of the day reaferming our borders. Zachary couldn't do that, he isn't the sworn in Wolf. Now lean down and kiss your poor short wife." She said batting her eyes at him. Dominic rolled his blue eye and  got on one knee to kiss the top of her head, then her cheek when she gave him a pout. "So that was the ear splitting squeal I heard. Could be a dog whistle that one." He mumbled deeply and went back into the kitchen to get them food. 

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

“Oh okay and that’s okay. There’ll always be another time to enjoy it. I’m glad,” she said with a smile while continuing to rub his shoulders. “That sounds great and I missed that as well. I’m not sure. I first smelled your scent, thinking you were home but then I remembered you were at the festival so then I went into the kitchen to maybe get something to eat and that’s where I smelled what made me sick. It could’ve been something in the sink maybe but possibly you can find the source when we get back.” She then turned her attention to be back on Ray when she heard everything she said.

“He was and I was very tempted to do just that but then Adonis scared him off before I could,” she said before hearing what was said to Dominic. “Thank you in advance for the food,” she said before he went into the kitchen to get the food.

Edited by SkySong278

"I'll probably smell it when we walk inside. Don't worry love, I'll take care of it so you don't get sick again. " He stopped one of her hands and kissed her palm. "Let me know when you get sick, I'll hold your hair for you. " He said as his dad brought out bowls of stew and set them down on the table, then sat down in his seat and added crackers to his bowl and started to eat. Adonis blew on his stew before slowly eating. 

“Okay and I’m glad. Thank you,” she said before smiling a bit more when she felt him kiss one of her hands after he stopped it from rubbing his shoulders. “Okay and thank you again. You’re the best,” she said before she saw Dominic come back in with bowls of stew for them. She nodded in thanks before sitting down beside Adonis and then starting to eat her own stew afterward.

Adonis finished first, thanked his father for the meal. "It's a good thing I got a nursery all set up already. If we choose to have more, we might have to add a few more rooms to the house." He chuckled softly looking at Sabrina lovingly. He tucked a strand of her raven black hair behind her ear. "I hope one or both have your beautiful blue green eyes. I would love a daughter too." His dad snorted. 

"As long as the first borns are males, the line will continue. There's always the option to adopt a little girl like Jack and his wife did for Sabrina. " He said not even looking away from his wife for a second  to address his father. 

((sorry. I somehow missed this and that’s why I’m posting now))

Sabrina ate hers a bit more slowly than Adonis did his, wanting to enjoy it a bit more. She was almost done when she heard everything he said and then was a bit distracted when he tucked a strand of her hair behind one of her ears and looked over at him as a result. “That’s true love and um I do too,” she said in reply while the last part she said in her statement was said a bit shyly as she still couldn’t get used to him liking her eyes that much or that he felt that way about them. “Maybe after we have these little ones, the next one we’ll have will be a girl.” She then finished eating the rest of her food while Adonis and Dominic said what they did before she looked back over at the former just as lovingly as he did. “If we end up with all boys, I won’t mind adopting a girl.”

Edited by SkySong278

"A girl would be very nice. Either by my own blood or adopted, she'll learn to be strong like her mother. " Adonis said kissing the back of her hand after taking her free one in his with a gentle squeeze. "It's been about four generations since we've had more then two new members of the family born in the canin line. The fourteenth generation... They'll be twice as strong and powerful as me. I couldn't be prouder of two son's that are barely even formed yet." He smiled softly.

"Aww! Sabrina, I have to say.... Adonis has been a lot calmer, and less grumpy and reckless when you came along. I'm so happy that the spirits answered my prayers." Ray said with a smile and her hands folded over her heart. 

“Yes, it would. Now you’re just doing that on purpose,” Sabrina said while blushing a bit when he kissed the back of one of her hands and squeezed the other before hearing the rest of what he said as well as what Ray said afterward. “I can’t wait till we have them running around and me too,” she said before looking over at Ray. “I’m glad I could help him be that way. He makes me happy,” she said with a smile on her face.

"Of course I am. I love that blush." He chuckled and looked at his mom as well. 

"I'm glad I went against my husband's orders that day. " She giggled. "You should tell your mom that you are with children. I'm sure she'll love to hear it from you. Perhaps the circle could extend to shadowgrove soon. "

“Oh well um okay,” she said in reply shyly before hearing the rest of what Ray said. “Me, too. I told my dad the news the day I told Adonis so he’ll tell mom the news as well as Becky. She’ll be happy to learn that she’ll have some more adopted grandkids,” she said in reply with the smile still on her face.

Ray smiled. "Let me know immediately when your water breaks, I'm a certified midwife and delivered every baby born from the age of nineteen to now in this town. I didn't lose a single mother or child. " She said. "You'll be a great mother darling. "

Adonis chuckled and pulled Sabrina from her chair and into his lap to snuggle. "Mum's absolutely right. " He yawned. "Too much magic makes me sleepy..." He mumbled deeply. 

“Of course and how should I do that if we’ll be at our cottage in the woods? Would Adonis let you know somehow from there or will I need to send you a letter? I guess I could also just stay here around the time of when I think I might give birth,” she said in reply before she was pulled into Adonis’ lap to snuggle and she heard everything that he said. “I’m glad you agree. Should we head home then so you and I can sleep a bit more?” she said and asked in reply to what all he said.

Edited by SkySong278

"Adonis would be near you as you get closer, he'll howl for one minute and I'll know. Winter or summer I'll keep the window open so I can hear once the time for the babies to be born rolls around. Thank you for telling us. We'll clean up, you two head home to sleep." She said getting up from the table. 

Adonis nodded and yawned again getting up and setting Sabrina down on her feet. Lacing his fingers in hers he headed back home. Once there he went inside, took care of the smell and waved her inside. Of course the first things he took off where his shoes and shirt that both somehow survived the shifting. 

“Okay sounds like a plan. You’re welcome and thank you,” she said in reply before Adonis got up and set her down on her feet. She then squeezed his hand a bit after he laced his fingers with hers before they headed back home. She stayed outside as he took care of the mystery smell that she had smelt a couple days ago and then went inside when he let her know that it was okay to go back in afterward. “How’d your shirt and shoes survive you shifting?” she asked curiously after he took off both articles of clothing and she watched him do so.

He looked at the discarded offending clothes and shrugged. "Probably because I didn't think about them being uncomfortable at the time. " He said moving to make a small fruit salad for dinner.