AroaraAngelwolf

Sky and me 1x1

“Yes I guess I will. Glad I saw them, then and yes they are. It’s perfect,” she said in reply to his statements still with a smile on her face before bringing the wolf shaped stuffed animals over to where the older woman was for them to pay for them.

Edited by SkySong278

He smiled and brought the rabbit over too and paid for it. "Holly's birthday is coming up. She's like a little sister to me, much like Joe is like a brother to me. Her old doll clothes would fit on this bunny, it's perfect for her. She's turning eight. What else would a eight year old girl like? " He asked handing the money over. 

“Oh so I guess they’ll both be my brother and sister-in-law then. Hm maybe a fox or a deer?” she said and asked in reply to his statements and question before going back over to where the dolls were and seeing if there was a fox or deer shaped one after being handed the money. When she saw the deer shaped one first, she brought it over to the older lady, and paid for it afterward. “Where to next?” she asked before handing the money back to him.

Adonis tilted his head and thought for a moment. "Let's look for some herbs we can't get at home. "He said pointing in the direction of the produce stalls.

“Okay,” Sam said in reply before holding one of his hands again and then leading the way to the stalls he pointed at.

After some shopping and it was late, he took her to a dinner place and made a date of it pinning a cloth flower in her hair and walking her to the room at the inn. He kissed her deeply. "You'll know where I'll be if you need me. Keep this knife on you if you do venture out to visit me at night." He said handing her a small knife. "Good night love. Thank you for the wonderful news today."

She followed him to a restaurant after they did their shopping and enjoyed the date and loving the cloth flower he pinned in her hair. She thanked him for it before walking with him to the inn and to the room he got for her, kissing him back just as deeply as he did her afterward before listening to everything he said after pulling away. “Yes I do but are you sure you don’t want me there with you? I can, you know. Okay,” she asked and said in reply to his few statements before being given the small knife and hearing the rest of what he said afterward. “Good night. You’re welcome. We still need to let your parents know the good news but I guess we can do that tomorrow.”

Edited by SkySong278

"I can't leave here until the week is up. Three more days and two nights after tonight then I'll be heading back.  I'll be fine on my own love. It's cold in the wearhouse and I don't want you to get sick. Sweet dreams my love, my moon..." He growled possessively kissing the back of her hand. 

He then headed off to the wearhouse after seeing her safely enter the room of the inn and handing her a spare shirt of his for her to wear to bed. 

“Okay and I was asking that in case you wanted me near so that you could keep an eye on me or not have any nightmares. Oh okay and that won’t be fun if I did get sick. Sweet dreams my Big Bad Wolf and my love,” she said back in reply after he kissed the back of her hand and had given her a spare shirt of his. She walked into the room after that and undressed before putting on the large shirt, unmade the bed, then got under the covers, and fell asleep after blowing out the candle as well as putting her head on the pillow.

Edited by SkySong278

Adonis left, shifted and laid on the cot.  He woke up in the middle of the night snarling and chased off some thieves. He then was restless the rest of the night. 

Sabrina fell asleep for a little while but then woke up in the middle of the night, not being able to go back to sleep. She sat up with a small sigh, picked up the small knife Adonis had given to her before he left, left her room in the inn, and then went to the warehouse. When she got there a little while later, she found him sleeping in the back room on the cot while in wolf form and went over to him before resting her head against his side and falling back asleep afterward.

Adonis opened an eye when he heard footsteps, his lip beginning to curl into a snarl when a scuff sounded. The pattern in which it occurred was the same as his wife's gate. Tense muscles relaxed as he saw her figure round a corner along with a breeze that drifted that lovely sea salt and pine scent his way. He was still as she laid down beside him and breathed out once she relaxed. Curling his massive body around her small form he tucked his wet nose under her arm. He slowly started to fall asleep, finally getting there when dawn approched.

He was still sleeping when Sabrina's dad came in to set up for the day, still as a wolf the size of a grizzly bear white as snow and paws the size of her head. 

Sabrina smiled a bit in her sleep when she felt him curl up around her and slept peacefully without waking up like she had done earlier. When dawn came around, she was still sleeping peacefully and was unaware that her dad had come into the warehouse to start setting up.

Jack went into the warehouse shortly after dawn to start setting up their wares for the day, wondering where his daughter had gone. He had gone to her room at the inn to check on her but hadn’t seen her there before getting to the warehouse. After he was done setting up everything, he went to the back room to see if she was there and did indeed find her there but she was curled up against a giant wolf. Concerned, he approached their sleeping forms, especially hers, before gently pulling her away from the animal.

Brina felt someone pull her away from Adonis and woke up seeing that it was her dad and grew a bit confused. “Dad?” she asked while looking at him with the same expression on her face. “What’re you doing?”

“I’m getting you away from that wolf. He could hurt you,” Jack said in reply while keeping his attention on the wolf to make sure he won’t suddenly wake up and attack them.

((hope that’s okay. wasn’t sure what else to put but I can edit if needed))

The great maw of the wolf opened as he yawned, long and sharp teeth  exposed as the head moved to be on Sabrina's belly, a paw folded over her and kept her on the cot. Still sleepy Adonis snorted and groaned when her father tried to pull her off. He chuffed, yawned again and moved his head so his nose was by her neck touching her mark. 

Feeling another tug at his wife, he snorted, yawned with his mouth still centimeters away from her neck and his tounge flicked out to lick her. A soft growl sound from him as he opened a bleery ice blue eye. Blinking twice, he had the sudden scent of fear flood his nose and he focused his vision on the very confused and conserned visage of his frightened father in law. Why was he so... Oh.... His ears had perked up at seeing the man then flattened seeing the white fur of his body from the corner of his eye. Adonis went very still unsure of what to do and didn't want to frighten the man further or had either of them over react and hurt Sabrina by accident. 

“It’s okay, dad. This is the wolf that protects Adonis’ and now, my, town. I’m guessing he’s here to help Adonis protect your warehouse and everything in it from thieves. He helped him do that all night and I think Adonis is sleeping somewhere else,” Sabrina said in reply after rubbing her eyes a bit to wake up a bit more. “He won’t hurt me. I’m one of the few people he lets touch him.”

Jack listened to everything his daughter said and visibly relaxed some although he still kept his attention on the white wolf while saying, “If that’s the case I’d like to thank you and also thank you for protecting Sabrina.” He then turned his attention to be on her and asked, “Speaking of why did you leave the inn?”

She blushed and said in reply, “I couldn’t sleep last night so I came here while knowing this wolf was here. I feel safe around him.”

Adonis blinked and swished his tail. He say up and nudged her off the bed gently so he may get off too. He shook himself once he was up and sighed. "He should know about me love. I am Adonis and the White Wolf of Wolf Grove. Your thanks is appreciated, and the fact you haven't dragged your daughter away to the hills screaming. This fact of who my human self is is kept a well guarded secret. Sabrina.."  He laid his great head on her shoulder softly. "Is my mate, my soul half. Fate brought her to me, and I thank you endlessly in my prayers to the Spirits that you and your wife took her in when she had no place to go. She is my everything, I will never hurt her." He said softly wrapping a paw around her and pressing her back to his fluffy chest. " I can not lie, and I don't want to lie to the man who raised you my dear. He has the right to know."

Sabrina got off of the edge of the bed when she felt him nudge her to do so and then looked a bit sheepish when she heard what he said to her regarding her dad knowing about him. She nodded before hearing everything else he said that was mostly directed at her dad.

Jack was both surprised and shocked to learn that his son-in-law was this giant wolf in front of him and also not just any wolf but the one that guarded his home town that he had told him about awhile back during their first meeting. “You’re welcome and I wasn’t sure what to do in case you hurt me if I made any sudden moves. This is quite the shock but I’m glad to know the truth all the same. I understand and I won’t tell anyone else. I’m also glad that we raised her well and that she found you; you’re welcome. I’ve never seen her this happy before so you have my thanks as well for that and I know now that you won’t. I’m sorry for pulling her away. I was just concerned,” he said in reply with a slight nod towards him.

Sabrina rested her back against him when she felt him pull her back to his chest before saying in reply after hearing what he said to her in his last statement, “I know you can’t and okay. I wasn’t sure if it was my place to tell him the truth or not.”

Edited by SkySong278

Adonis laughed a little bit at what Jack said about being conserned. "If I where in your shoes I would do the same. I understand, I would have snapped at you if I wasn't fully awake yet. I do not harm humans, only frighten them off, unless they give me a reason to harm them. Fortunately, you didn't have a bath this morning and a Wolf's sense of smell is keen and keep a vast memory. The moment you walked in I caught your scent, although it didn't fully register, instinct said you where no threat to me. Let me shift human and help set up for the day.... And would you like to know how we really met?" He asked tilting his head curiously then nosed Sabrina. "My dear Cassiopeia, could you chose a shirt for me today? And you should probably get dressed yourself, I like seeing you in that old shirt but I believe it will be a little reveling for any customers."

“Okay and that’s good to know. Alright that would be very helpful; thank you. Yes that would be nice,” Jack said in reply before heading back towards the front of the warehouse.

Sabrina petted Adonis when she felt him nose her before hearing everything he said to and asked her. “Of course. I’ll have to do that back at the inn because that’s where all my clothes are. I’m also going to go back to sleep for a little while so I won’t be here when potential customers come here. I also wore my red cloak here so I can cover up your old shirt with that on the way back to the inn,” she said before going over to where Adonis’ clothes were and picked out a random shirt for him before giving it to him.

He shifted and dressed draping her cloak around her and fastening the clasp. He kissed her nose. "See you later love. Thanks for sleeping with me last night. It's been a while since I've been able to hold you. Barley a week yet it feels like a month. I best get going." He said softly and kisses her lips before starting to help jack with the opening of the wearhouse for the last day of the festival. 

She turned after she had given him the shirt and then smiled a bit when he kissed her nose before hearing everything he said afterward. “You’re welcome. I really couldn’t sleep last night. I woke up in the middle of the night and couldn’t get back to sleep so I came here to see you and to sleep beside you to see if I could get better sleep and I did. Yes it has been awhile and I’m glad we both were able to feel better. It felt that way to me as well. Okay see you later,” she said in reply before kissing him back on the lips and also before he went to go help her dad in the front. When he went to do that, she went out through the side door, went back to the inn, and went back to sleep after getting back to her room and also after taking off her cloak.

Jack smiled at Adonis when he joined him in the front of the warehouse and continued to set up a few more wares until they were done and before the first few customers came to look at what they had.

Edited by SkySong278

"When your daughter came into town she got sick with a fever and my mother took care of her. It was around the wolf moon in February and a dark creature was loose, killing sheep and cattle. When she got better after a good night rest, they found the body of the carriage driver and horse, and a bunch of blood... My blood. The creature got to them and they didn't listen to stay inside the gate at night. I got severely wounded and the people who live there want to help me. 

Unfortunately this was a ploy of my father's to get me married. If a woman sees both sides of me alone, by law of canin, I must marry her. " He said setting up the register. "My mother figured this out, and went to find me before the other girls did. Sabrina wanted to help as payback so she accompanied my mom with her bow. They found me first and I was the way you saw me. A few of the scars you saw on my body,  the one on my side and the ear, this one on my arm... All caused by he creature.

After I was able to be back on my feet, she tagged along to kill the monster that was the same one that took her biological parents. We defeated the beast, and she saw me shift into both alone that time. I told her about the law, and she made a comment but I was willing to break tradition and law. She didn't have to marry me, but we were ment to be. You see, when I took my job as guardian, I wrote the ideal mate for me, put it in a oak box and buried it under a sacred tree.  I wrote specific details, from a shape her freckles formed, to eye color and scent. I know it was so, for I can see the crescent Moon mark on her neck the moment I saw her, it flows softly in my eyes. It's a mark of a blessed mate. I denied it. I denied our connection because I thought my life was too beastly for a woman like her. It wasn't until I got drunk and another guy made a comment about pursuing her hand in marriage did I snap. You... probably remember that. That night changed everything. .."

Jack was setting up some more furniture when he heard Adonis start talking about his and Sabrina’s first meeting. He stopped what he was doing to focus on what he was saying, sitting down in a chair so that he could get comfortable while doing that. He thought that everything he said was very interesting and sad but didn’t say anything yet since he didn’t want to interrupt. When he was done and he heard the last thing he (Adonis) said he (Jack) said in reply, “I do remember that. All of that was very interesting and thank you for telling me. I’ve always been curious as to how the two of you first met and now I know. I didn’t ask partly because I didn’t want to pry but also because I thought it would be better if you told me when you were ready to do so. I think it’s a bit sad and also a bit unfair that your dad tried to play a trick on you to get you to marry whoever saw you shift from both forms but I’m glad Sabrina ended up being the one to do that. She hasn’t been this happy in awhile and it’s nice to see it all the time now. Knowing that you were the one to make her be this way makes me happy.”

Edited by SkySong278

Adonis smiled brightly. "She makes me feel happy too sir. I was so miserable for years that I had forgotten how to smile properly. I'd do anything to make sure she stays happy. " He said softly and opened the doors for the customers. 

“I’m glad to hear that. She deserves to be happy and I’m glad you’ll be the one to help make her feel that way,” Jack said in reply before getting up from the chair and then going over to one of the pieces of furniture and standing beside it while waiting for their first customers of the day.