AroaraAngelwolf

Sky and me 1x1

Sabrina had just finished eating one of her three kabobs when she jumped slightly when hearing the mystery man’s sudden raised voice because she wasn’t expecting it. She looked over at the two just near the tail end of the conversation, seeing her husband’s shocked face at the proposed price for both the bed, and matching tables which was understandable. She then moved to stand up when the mystery man came toward both her and her dad and managed to do that before she heard what he said and asked. “It’s quite alright and sure,” she said before her dad went over to the register and printed the requested receipt before then giving it to him afterward.

He had been a bit shocked when he had heard their raised voices earlier, but then had composed himself before the man had come over towards him and Sabrina.

Edited by SkySong278

He took the receipt with a nod and pulled up his hood and left briefly before coming in with men, some of them the same from this morning that got thrown out whom wearily avoided Adonis, and they hauled out the furniture, leaving a small piece behind so Adonis could have a reference to carve the two commissioned pieces. 

Sabrina watched as the mystery man left briefly and then came back in with the same men from earlier that she had seen get thrown out, wondering if maybe that was the king in disguise but would share that with Adonis later. “Would you like the kabobs now love?” she asked him after they had left.

((was I really that obvious🤦‍♀️?))

Adonis nodded and took his kabobs slowly eating the meat. He sniffed the air as the last of the men left and the noble from before stomped inside and froze seeing the set now gone. "I have the money you asked for! You didn't sell it did you?!"

Adonis nodded and took another bite of the meat remaining quite. The noble huffed and whistles and armed guards came in. Adonis, still recovering from the shock of the price inflation raised an eyebrow and stood up squaring his shoulders and let lose a deep snarl that had the soldiers faltering. "I had a far better offer then you, go take up your complaint with your brother, I'm sure he'll love a word with you." He growled face twisting from shocked and tame to something out of a horror novel. The man promptly outran his guards and fled like a coward. 

((not really. I just figured it out))

Sabrina smiled when he joined her and started to eat the rest of her kabobs. She had just eaten the second one when the noble from much earlier came back, shocked that the set that he had wanted was already gone. Her smile turned a bit smug when she saw his expression before it faded to be replaced by a glare instead when he whistled for armed guards to cause trouble again. Her expression then turned into a neutral one when Adonis’ own expression turned into one out of a horror novel to make the noble and his men go away. She had seen it briefly before he turned his attention to be on them from it being on his small meal. “What should we do after you and dad are done here? Want to head back to town and share the good news with your mom?” she asked after the other men were gone.

He nodded and finished his kabobs. He sold several more pieces and they closed shop with only a few pieces in stock. "It was a good run. I think we turned quite the prophet today. Let's load up and start heading home, I'm sure mum in law is missing you. " He said to Jack.

She nodded back in reply before finishing eating the rest of her own kabobs and then stayed in the same place she had been in for lunch while he finished selling a few other pieces of furniture and left a few other ones unsold. She moved to be standing a few feet away while he talked to her dad and as they closed the warehouse.

“That it was and I think that was much better than I’ve done in other years that I’ve participated in this convention. Yes, we did. I guess it’s much better with another person to help. I bet she did a bit, but I’ve done this convention before so she’s used to me being gone this long. She still works when I’m gone at this convention to help get her mind off of missing me,” Jack said in reply with a smile before turning with the cart to head back to Shadowgrove with the pieces they didn’t sell in it.

Edited by SkySong278

Adonis hoocked up the horse and tacked Sabrina's horse up. "Want to ride yours or on my back?" He asked getting in the back of the cart and letting Jack drive. "I'll be running ahead to get home faster and check on the border. It's been a while since I've been there I want to make sure no Intruders came. "

Sabrina watched as he got everything hooked up that needed to be as well as got her horse ready and stayed nearby in case he wanted help with anything. “I’ll ride on your back,” she said in reply to the question he asked her regarding if she wanted to ride her horse back or on his back instead. “Okay and I think I might’ve left some stuff at the inn in this town like your old shirt that I wear to bed sometimes as a night shirt,” she said after joining him in the back of the cart as her dad drove it.

Edited by SkySong278

Adonis tethered her horse to the back of the cart as they pulled away from the wearhouse. "We'll go back to get it we need to swing by anyway and drop off the flute I made for his daughter. That was part of our payment and because he knew we'd make money, he offered to let us pay after we checked out. Besides, my bow and arrows, knife and travel bag are still in there. " He hopped off the back and helped her down when they got to the inn. He went inside with her, packed up what he had left and Jack's things then paid off the room and stable. 

“Alright and oh okay. I didn’t know that. Okay,” she said in reply before getting off the back of the cart with his help and then went inside with him to help pack up the rest of her things that she had left there earlier. “Should I get on your back now or a bit later?” she asked when they were back outside the inn.

"Once we get in the woods. I don't want to change in the open. " He said. Once they left the city and was a few miles into the forest after a large expanse of farmland he stood up, picked her up and then hopped down as the wagon was rolling. Setting her in her feet he began to glow a pale blue color and his body morphed into the wolf the size of a bear. He laid down and let her get on his broad back. 

“Okay,” she said in reply before getting back in the wagon with him. She watched the scenery go by before they reached the woods after they left the town they had been in and felt him pick her up soon after that. She then watched as he shifted into his wolf form before he laid down for her to get on his back, and she did so a little while later. “I’m ready to go when you are.”

Jack continued to drive the wagon after Adonis jumped out of the back of it with Sabrina but he did look back to make sure they were okay before having his attention go to being back on the road ahead of him afterward.

Edited by SkySong278

Adonis trotted and easily caught up with the wagon. "I'm going on ahead."  He said to Jack. He then sprang forward and ran at a good clip passing two towns before he slowed down to catch his breath. 

"You okay love?"

Sabrina waved to her dad after Adonis addressed him before he (Adonis) went on ahead of the wagon he (Jack) was driving and she held onto his fur when he ran past two towns. “Yes I’m fine love,” she said in reply to his question before petting him a bit behind his head and at the base of his neck.

Jack looked over at Adonis in wolf form and nodded in reply to what he said about him going to go on ahead before watching as he ran through the woods while continuing to drive the wagon to their destination.

Edited by SkySong278

"Good. I was wondering if would make you sick by moving so fast. A couple more towns and we'll hit shadow Grove and then the border of my land. There's a few spots I know of that is popular with demon summoning and the witches traveling to the City. I will like to look to make sure they are not used. Do you still have the knife on you?"  He asked tail wagging a little bit as she petted him. 

“Nope I’m fine. I’m used to it anyway so I don’t think being pregnant will change that. I’ll let you know if it does change. Okay and sounds good. Yes I do,” she said in reply to everything he said and the question he asked. When she noticed that his tail was wagging due to her petting him, she smiled a bit and continued to pet him a bit more.

Edited by SkySong278

"Good. Just in case we run into any trouble. " He said and once again dashed off, avoiding being seen by the main road and towns but could spot them at a distance. Once they hit the lush farmland he took a sharp turn and darted South following the line of the lush farmland in a curve then slowed to a trot. Stopping he tilted his head so it was parallel to the ground, ears swiveling. "Hush... Let me listen." He said barely above a whisper knowing his curious wife would ask him what he was doing. 

His ears went stiff, and he started to walk slowly inward in a straight line with his head still tilted.  The birds went quiet, and the air around them felt odd, like he was going uphill but it was completely flat. Once in the middle of a barley field  he stopped again, then took two stepped sideways and leaned forward smelling the ground. He then walked in a odd circular motion with his nose to the earth in one particular spot. "Witches like ley lines. They contain natural power and a magnetic field that makes it easier to call forth magic. When two  or more cross, the stronger it is. Here two are crossing. A ritual was performed here but I smell salt and sage. Cut my paw so I can check to see if I have to purify it."  He explained and lifted his front paw in a point motion so it was close to her leg and easy to cut the pink underside. 

“Okay,” she said in reply before holding on again when he took off running towards the farmland while enjoying the breeze blowing through her hair. When he stopped after a short trot and had his head tilted a bit so that it was parallel to the ground she opened her mouth to ask what he was doing but before she could get the question out, he told her to hush. “Alright,” she said in reply softly as she looked around their surroundings.

She then watched him curiously as he started to slowly walk inward in a straight line and thought it was a bit odd that the birds around them went eerily quiet. The air around them also felt very odd and she also thought that strange. When they reached a barley field and he walked in an odd circular motion, she was curious about that and was about to ask why he did that when he said his explanation. She nodded and said, “Oh okay. That’s good to know and um okay.” The last bit of the statement she said was in reply to his last statement regarding her cutting his paw. She took her knife out just as he picked up his paw and pointed it forward enough so that she could see the underside of it and then cut the pink part of it shortly afterward.

Edited by SkySong278

He set his paw down, spoke a word in Celtic and the area glowed a soft pale green. "A ritual was performed here, but it was one of good intentions. They where blessing the crop and the farmer for allowing them to stay in their barn.  There's seventeen more crossings on my land with two lines, four with three. Two with five and one near the first sight of the first Wolf that has twelve. That would be the last one to check. The others are this way." He said and left the marking, licking his paw once then took off. It took twenty minutes to reach the next one, this time closer to the South. Once again he did the same either finding nothing or good blessings/thanking rituals of the spirits that tended the area.

As the sun crept across the sky and he moved from the last of the seventeen, he sometimes took the little protective trinkets they left behind by the witches who did the rituals. Things like small white cloth stick figures hung on branches or tucked under rocks, other times it was stones with runes or crystals on strings, most where bits of twigs and leaves forming little huts or stones piled up like tiny houses. The latter ones he left alone, blowing on them a pale blue mist that he said was his Blessing on the homes for the fairies and small forest sprites so they know they where made by the good magic. He approched one of the four three-line crossing points stopping to let her get off at a stream and get a drink and eat some of the wild huckleberries that grew alongside the stream. "Not all witches are bad. Most are good. The good ones are called White witches, their magic is weaker, but they have respect for nature and spirits the black ones are the wicked ones. They trap nature spirits and twist them into demons. Their magic comes up as orange or red when I check to see if the space was used as a ritual. Red is most common, the darker the color the more deadly or disastrous it is. With white witches it's the opposite. Cooler colors, like greens,  and blues are for them. The darker the color, the stronger they are and more in tune with nature. The paler colors are more pure of heart and soul. "

She watched curiously as he set his paw down on the marking left behind and also as it glowed a soft pale green color afterward before hearing everything he said as an explanation of what had happened there. “I’m glad that the witches that left these lines were good ones and that they had good intentions. Wow that’s a lot more,” she said in reply before holding on again when he took off towards another one of the lines that he needed to check.

When they arrived at one, she watched again as he checked it and found that it was like the other one that they had checked previously before they went to one of the last of seventeen total. “Why are you taking the trinkets left behind?” she asked curiously as he blew on some of the little fairy houses to bless them before he moved to another line but let her get down first so that she could a drink and a snack that were the berries around them. She cupped her hands in the water before lifting them and drank the water in them and then got a few berries. She then went back over to him and rested her back against him while listening to everything he said about the different types of witches and what they did. “That’s very interesting. I had no idea about any of that. Thank you for telling me,” she said in reply before offering him a berry after swallowing a few of the ones she had picked earlier.

Edited by SkySong278

"It is a courtesy to take the items. Because they've blessed the land or thanked it, the trinkets are gifts to the sprits whom guard the area. Because I am considered the guardian of all Spirits in this land, I take them so they know that it was approved of if they return to those spots." He paused to drink some water. " Consider it like a gift to a host at a housewarming party. Because they are good, the gifts bring good luck and well wishes. Because of my ability, it would amplify the gifts within my presence then, when we are suffering from robbers or blight or something like the creature, I bury the items back at the ley-lines they came from to provide a stronger barrier and protection. I myself can't make them, witchcraft is a human thing and it would taint my magic from the Fae if I do. So, in a way, they are helping me with this land. " He said and nibbled off some berries for himself needing the strength. 

“Oh okay good to know. I was just curious is all and all of that information is really good to know. I’ll keep it in mind,” she said before eating the rest of the berries that she had picked for herself and then getting another drink of water from the stream afterward. “Is there another spot we have to go to now or was the one we just visited the last one?”

"there's still a handful more to look at. We're nearly done though and the last one is close to home. "  He said putting his big head in her lap closing his eyes for a moment. "Can you scratch between my eyes and along my snout? It itches."

“Oh okay. Good to know that we’re nearly done though,” she said in reply before feeling his head being put in her lap and hearing what he requested afterward. “Certainly my love and I wonder why it itches,” she said before doing what he asked her to do for him.

Edited by SkySong278