AroaraAngelwolf

Sky and me 1x1

A very wealthy looking man strode in and looked at the wears with a nose high in the air. Adonis looked confused. He looked like a noble or at least a relative of the king of some kind.  What in the name of the great spirits was he doing out of the main city and in the boonies?

Jack saw the man at the same time that Adonis did and went up to him but kept some distance between them before asking, “May I help you sir?” He noticed as well that the customer had his nose up in the air as he looked over their goods but didn’t say anything about that and just smiled kindly at him.

Edited by SkySong278

The man waved him off and continued to look at the wears. He stopped at a bedroom set that was carved with lions and crowns. "I'll take this one. " He snapped his fingers and a man placed a bag of gold in Jack's hands. 

"That's not enough." Adonis said. "That entire set is worth five thousand gold. "

"Excuse me?" The man said in a huff.

Jack frowned slightly when he was waved off, but then just shrugged as he went over to stand by another piece to give the man more room to look around. He was then surprised when he was given a bag of gold from another man that was with the first one, not seeing that other one earlier but then the surprise faded some when he understood that it was payment for the bed set. He was about to bring it over to where they put the other payment they’ve made so far this week when he heard what Adonis said to the man and what the latter asked back in reply.

“Yes, that’s correct. The whole thing is worth five thousand gold. It feels like you’re a few thousand short,” he (Jack) said in reply as he brought the bag of gold he was given back over to where Adonis and their customer were standing.

Edited by SkySong278

"Excuse me? This is done by a royal carpenter? No! This is done by commoners who are lucky to get a thousand for entire set!" The man said snapping his fingers and more men came in to haul the furniture out but Adonis blocked the way, then when they went around him, he tied them up with a lasso and a length of rope.

"Unhand my men peeon! " The nobel said stomping up to Adonis and slapped him across the face. Adonis didn't move, simply folded his arms. 

"These pieces are made from stained oak, with gold leaf and took a collective ten years to do. I made each piece by hand, carved inside and out of the wardrobe and the nobs on the dresser are pure ivory I carved myself as well. I may be a country bumpkin to you sir, but I know the worth of my work. Five thousand gold. And for your insolence and the fact I got offered two thousand for the bed alone, I'll change it to one thousand five hundred a piece. That's 7,500 gold for the set. " He growled lowly. The man went to punch him.... And broke his finger on Adonis' jaw.  

Jack watched everything that happened, shocked that Adonis was slapped by their first customer but didn’t know what to do when the situation seemed to escalate. He didn’t know what to say so he stayed silent but his shocked expression stayed on his face.

~*~—~*~

After a little while longer of sleeping, Sabrina woke up and stretched a bit before getting up and dressing in some clean clothes for the day. After she dressed, she put her cloak back on, then headed out of her room at the inn, and headed to the warehouse that Adonis and her dad had for the convention to see how they were doing. When she got close to it, she heard the yelling and wondered what that was all about before seeing the man hit Adonis and grew a bit angry when she saw that but then felt a bit better when the man ended up getting a broken finger for his trouble. “Serves you right for hitting my husband,” she huffed when she walked past him and into the warehouse.

Edited by SkySong278

"Husband? You, a ruffian are married? Ha! How much are you paying this night worker to call you that?" He scoffed cradling his hand still trying to act tough. 

"That's it! Out! We no longer need nor want your business! Noble or not you don't get away with calling my wife and his daughter a wench!" Adonis snapped and grabbed the bundle of buarly men lifting them up like they where nothing dragging them out of the door and throwing them the other five feet to the Noble's carriage. Passing by Jack, he grabbed he gold plopped it in the nobleman's injured hand and pointed to the door. "I am not dumb enough to lay a hand on you. Get out of this wearhouse!"

"You- you can't make me! I'm the king's brother!?" He said voice going up in pitch as Adonis- who was a good foot and a half taller than the man- leaned down so he was eye level and curled his lip at him. His eyes where purely wild and hungry, a ancient and dangerous anger lurked in the icey depths that made the Duke whimper then scamper away without another word. 

Adonis huffed, snorting like a horse turning his head to pop his neck. "I may need rich folk to buy my things, but it doesn't mean I need to take their horse s***. " He grumbled irritably and pulled Sabrina into a hug. "Mornin wifey."

“Excuse me?” Sabrina asked with bright red cheeks out of both embarrassment and anger when she heard what the man asked and even Jack looked angry at what the nobleman called her.

She had tears in her eyes that threatened to fall but she kept them from doing so. She felt a bit better when she watched Adonis pretty much throw out his tied up men and scared the nobleman enough for him to leave. She nodded in agreement to what he said before she was hugged and greeted by him. “Morning hubby. That man was rude,” she said back in reply with a small sniff as she rested her head against his shoulder while also hugging him back.

"I'm sorry you had to hear that. He was very rude. Tried to skimp on the lion set I made.  Are you okay love? If he made cry I'll chase him as a wolf to make sure he's gone." He said softly stroking her hair. 

“It’s okay and mhm. He shouldn’t have done that. Yes I’m fine and no he didn’t make me cry. I came close to crying but I didn’t,” she said softly in reply and felt even better when she felt him stroke her hair.

"I'm sorry love. Besides I got a better offer on the bed anyway. " He said softly and kisses her softly. "Now would you be willing to help sell a few pieces? We do have a couple more mouths to feed." He said softly his hand resting on her belly. 

“It’s fine and that’s good,” she said in reply before she was kissed softly and she kissed him back afterward. “Sure I can try and that we do,” she said in reply to both his question and other statement before putting her free hand over his that was resting on her belly. “Any particular place you want me to be to do that?”

"By the green wood dragon bed. It's for a young boy, but can be used as a guest bed, it's a twin. " He said pointing to one that had a slegh look to it the dragon tail held up the baseboard and the head and wings made up the headboard. The dragon was stained green, the rest a leafy spotted brown, eyes where painted light blue and it looked protective with a dream catcher in it's mouth that would hang over the head of the person sleeping. 

“Okay,” she said in reply before kissing him softly on the lips and then going over to the green dragon twin bed and standing beside it while waiting for another potential customer to come that might want to buy it. When one did come, this time a woman a bit older than she was and a noble as well but friendlier, she (Brina) smiled kindly at her (the noblewoman) and got her interested in the bed. She then asked how much it was and she waved Adonis over to them to get that part of the process taken care of.

Adonis saw her wave him over and he was asked the price. "This one was made by my late grandfather. The blotchy staining was done by little five year old me, I thought it'd look cool and I turned out to be quiet the artist. Fifty gold pieces. Not much, and it's fairly old but I need it gone. Most of these are my grandpa's works he couldn't sell. For ten silver I'll throw in the matching bedside table, it's green wood too. " He picked up a small one legged table that looked like a dragon sitting, it's curled tail making up the other half of the rounded base, it's wigs forming a table top in a umbrella like shape and the dragons head was looking over a boy sleeping in its curled tail tip. 

The noblewoman, Sara, looked over the matching bedside table after hearing the price for the bed as well as the price of the table. “I’d like both please,” she said before handing over the fifty gold pieces as well as the ten silver pieces while counting each out in his hand.

Sabrina smiled when she saw both of those pieces of furniture being sold, happy that she was able to successfully help him sell a few pieces of the furniture.

Edited by SkySong278

"If you have a wagon, I can load it in and strap it down for you ma'am." He said with a nod to her. He then kissed his wife's forehead lightly. "You're a wonderful help love." He said softly to her and went to put the money in the cashbox. 

“I do. It’s just outside the warehouse and that would be great. Thank you,” Sara said in reply with a kind smile before looking around at everything else that he had on display to sell.

“I’m glad,” Sabrina said in reply still with the smile on her face after he kissed her lightly on the forehead.

Adonis nodded and picked up the bed in the middle of the frame, turned it so he can carry most of it on his back and headed out to her wagon. He carefully loaded it up along with the stand and strapped it down with strong rope so it wouldn't budge. 

Sara and Sabrina went outside as Adonis loaded up both the bed and the bedside table and after he was done, the former thanked him before leaving to go to a few other stores that were there. After she was gone Sabrina turned to him and asked, “Want me to get a few kabobs for us for lunch? I can get eight total; four for you, three for me, and one for dad. I can get them closer to lunch time.”

"Absolutely!"  He said and pulled out the amount of copper she needed and handed it to her with a kiss on the cheek. "I put a few silver in there too in case you see anything else you would like on the way. You slept in quite late so it's nearly noon now. Beat the crowd and you'll get the best and tender cuts. "

“Okay and thanks love,” she said in reply when he gave her the money needed to get their lunch as well as a few extra coins for her to get something else in addition on the way. “Oh. I guess I was really tired after being woken up early this morning,” she said next when she heard what the time was before he kissed her softly on the cheek. She kissed him softly on the lips afterward and then headed out of the warehouse and towards the stand where they had gotten the kabobs before. When she got there, she got the amount that she said she would get, paid for them, got something additional for herself from another place as she was leaving, and then headed back to the warehouse with the food.

Edited by SkySong278

Adonis sold a few more pieces by that time, most of it was Jack's work. He was selling the most basic piece he had, a plan set of dinning room chairs and a table being handed four silver coins and looked over at the smell of food. He was smiling then it faded replaced with a head tilt and a curious look behind her as a man in tattered clothes and a black cloak walked around her and to the lion bedset. He held up one finger so she knew he'd be with her in a minute and headed over to where the man was. 

Sabrina smiled back at him before her own smile faded slightly at the same time his did, wondering why his faded and he looked a bit perplexed. She then looked over and saw that a man in tattered-looking clothes and a black cloak now stood by the lion bedset, understanding then why he had that kind of look on his face and now shared the same kind of expression before nodding when she saw Adonis hold up a finger and also before he went over to the mystery man to help him out. She went over to her dad and gave him a kabob to eat for a lunch break after that and then went over to a corner to sit and start eating her own kabobs.

Edited by SkySong278

Adonis and the man talked then the man raised his voice. "That's preposterous! A thousand gold for the whole set?! What fool would do that? This is kingly craftsmanship!" "I know! He slapped, then punched me and called my wife a harlot. I threw out his men and he ran out like a yellow belly snake!" "I think the term is yellow bellied mutt." The man corrected. 

Adonis shook his head. "That my good sir would be a insult to the most loyal and loving creatures out there. He doesn't deserve the honor of being called a mutt." The man laughed. "Agreed! I only told the misses that I'll just be getting a new bed since the old one squeaks and is very bad on my back, but it'll be a shame none of my furniture would match this frame. Two thousand a piece, and not a hay penny less. On top of that, five thousand gold commission for two bedside tables to match. You think that'll be enough?" 

Adonis sat down on a chair hard face as pale as his hair. "B..but sir that's..... Fifteen thousand.... That's way too much! I already have two bedside tables in the same wood type unfinished, I just need to carve them... I would only need two hundred silver to do that.."

"Nonsenses! You can split the money with your partner if you think it too much for one. When we went out to discuss the details of the pick up and that woman at the tavern flirted with you, you made it plain and simple, you're married. You and your wife surely want kids one day right?"

"We... Actually I just found out yesterday that we got twins on the way... I'm a fourth generation of twins..." He said softly.

"Well there you go! Use the gold to get them something fine then put the rest away for school or work or emergencies. " The man said. When Adonis remained quiet he went over to Jack and Sam.

Lowering his good, he had a nice trimmed grey peppered beard, silver hair with a few strands hanging on to their old black glory, and a kind but hardened face, like he always smiled but carried a huge weight on his shoulders. "I take it you heard all that. We did get a little bit loud. Sorry to interrupt your lunch but may I get a receipt for the furniture?" He said softly setting down a large bag of gold in front of them. He obviously had thought this through before he came that day.