AroaraAngelwolf

Sky and me 1x1

“Then you’re fine. It happened a lot so he usually let it slide. Oh okay but what if people come by looking to get their animals seen to? It wouldn’t be fair to dump that responsibility on you when you have your own business to take care of. Oh? That’s good, right? Sure I can do that no problem. Just let me know when you’d like me to do that for you,” she said and asked in reply to his first few statements or so before hearing the rest of what he said afterward. She squeezed his hand comfortingly when she felt him take her hand while leading her, his mom, and Parker back to town while her face adopted a concerned expression when hearing the bits about Zach being mean to him.

“I’m sorry he still treats you that way. If you’d like me to, I can talk to him to try to get him to treat you better,” Parker said while frowning a bit when also hearing that he’d been treated badly by his brother and her mate while walking with them and Ray back to town.

Edited by SkySong278

"He doesn't realize he is Parker. I don't see him much so there's no need. As for your appointments, I can take care of them. I got all caught up on the work I just need those letters translated for me to do anything else. You go ahead and sleep. Oh your majesties, you're still here?" He said as he stopped a few feet from the Inn. 

"I thought I would look at more of your work, my daughter would like a wooden bird in memory of her little bird she lost last month. She has a painting of it." The King said. "Once you get on a shirt I can look at your other work and see you start on the bird, I'd like to see you working. I thought we can leave at nightfall."

"You can see my work your highness, however nobody leaves at nightfall. Not even the royals. It's for the safety of the people and the guardian of the forest that those who are not native to the town, or are not the Wolf shaman remain inside the wall at dusk till dawn. " He said getting a gasp from the people and a startled look from the king. 

“Oh okay. Just thought I’d offer anyway just in case,” Parker said in reply before Sabrina heard the response that regarded her.

“Okay and I’ll get them translated after my small nap,” she said in reply before they got back in front of the inn and she saw that the king and his family were still there. She was a bit surprised to see them still there but then that faded when she heard what the king said in reply to Adonis’ question. “Should we lead him to our house so that he can see your other works and then one of us can bring him back here so that they can sleep here before heading back tomorrow love?” she asked him after the gasps died down.

"Did you just give me a order?" The King frowned still reeling from Adonis' tone from before. 

"In a way, yes. You may be a King Sir, however to the wild creature who guards Wolfgrove and it's surrounding forest, from halfway to Shadowgrove to the village of Calling to the west, past Claw peak to Witches pass in the north and south to Red Goat mountain is the Wolf's domain. Foreigners have been known to hunt the protector and a large wolf wouldn't be able to tell the difference between a royal caravan or a small army of bandits in the dark. " He said softly. "That sounds like a good idea, if the king has any objections to it..." 

Henry shook his head. "Still get on a shirt though. I'm starting to like you, not only is your woodworking is a beautiful sight to behold, you're honest and say exactly what is on your mind. " He said softly and headed in to book a few rooms for his family and guards for the night. 

Both Sabrina and Parker listened to the exchange and were surprised to find that Adonis didn’t get in trouble for giving the king an order but the former was glad that he wasn’t at the same time. The latter went into the inn a few minutes or so behind the king but it was to go into the dining area to get something to eat. She was feeling a bit hungry. The former stayed outside with a hand on her stomach, smiling down at it as she felt their boys moving again.

Edited by SkySong278

Adonis nodded and took out a shirt from the wagon, it was sleeveless and made of hide but it still covered his chest. The King came out and let out his wife and daughter and had them go settle into the room. The King nodded in approval for the attire. 

“Should we lead the way to our house love so you can start on the new commission for the princess?” Sabrina asked him after he had put on a shirt and the queen and princess had gone inside the inn and to the room they’d be staying in.

"I would need to see the painting first and I'm sure his Majesty wanted to show his family the work as well. He mentioned to me when buying the furniture that he'd like his wife to see some peices for her sitting room and tea room. " He said softly and the king nodded as the two members of his family joined him outside again. "Would the royal family enjoy a ride in the cart?" Adonis asked. A local stonemason huffed and wispers to another person. "Really? Ordering the King, then making his family ride in a dirty cart? I bet ten silver he's going to get himself executed next few days." 

This bet didn't escape Adonis' sharp hearing and he looked at the blacksmith Andrew who was near the stonemason and shook his head. 

Andrew nodded, turned and whistles at the workers fixing a shop. "Oye! Forget the masonry! You got other things more important!" The workers nodded and continued on the baker's shop. 

“Okay,” she said in reply before hearing everything he said and asked afterward. She then looked over at the stone mason at the same time Adonis did but didn’t hear what was said although he did due to his sharp hearing. She then waited to see what the king and his family would do while looking back over at them and Adonis.

Edited by SkySong278

The King eagerly got in the wagon helping up his confused wife and his equally excited daughter. "It's like they hay rides back in the city during the festival! " He said as they started to move after Sabrina joined them in the back. Once out of the gates the king spoke again. "Not many know this about me, but I was a illegitimate son of the previous King. He and his wife had a hard time having children and their marriage was forced. Father fell in love with a maid who worked at the castle and when she was with child the old queen fired her. I was raised as a pauper, and my brother was born when the old queen died. Father immediately took Mom and I in, married her and trained me in being a prince. I enjoy the life of luxury, but sometimes I miss the simple things. So on festivals I disguise myself and my daughter and we explore the town. Although.... " He looked at his wife who was giving him a disapproving look. "I always get some reprimand from the misses. Sorry my dear but he's just honest and he kinda saw right though my disguise at the carpenter festival... He even stood up to my little bully of a little brother without laying a finger on the man. Anyone who can tell him to bugger off, keep my identity hidden and be honest about the rules and safety about his people here, I believe he's trustworthy. Besides, I have a guy feeling this isn't the first secret he's kept to himself. " The King said with his head tilted studying the woods. 

Sabrina got in the back of the cart after the royals did and smiled a bit when she heard the king’s excited statement about it being like the hay rides back at the festival. Then she listened to everything else he said with interest, not knowing any of that information at all. She hid a small giggle behind her hand a bit later when she noticed the queen’s disapproving look she was giving the king and then composed herself while hearing what he said to her and put down her hand again afterward.

Edited by SkySong278

"I could tell by he way you acted that you where no stranger to the low class. " Adonis said as he turned down the road to their house. "It's good to know that our King understands the hard work his people do. However, my rulers and laws are those of ancient and inhuman. The law of the woods are not easy to follow, but I have been doing so since I was seven out here alone. My people skills are not great and I still have trouble reading and writing, and my voice hurts when I speak too often. Society is complex and confusing. I prefer simple things. The money you paid went straight to the town. They had no clue it was me, and they think the blacksmith Andrew did it. " He stopped outside the home. "My workshop is around back. Oh! Brie, I forgot to put cream and breadcrumbs in the little garden house today. Can you please do that before you nap?" He asked seeing what appears to be a multitude of butterflies and dragonflies around their garden, but to Sabrina and Adonis' eyes little fairy bodies where there between the wings. One landed on his shoulder and had her hands on her petal dress covered hips fluttering her dragonfly wings. 

She listened to everything that was said with interest, having an expression that matched it as well. She also had no idea that he put the money he had earned from the first commission from the king to the town but was glad he did. When he addressed her about putting out cream and breadcrumbs in the fairy house before her nap because he had forgotten to do it after they had reached their house, she nodded and went inside to get those two things. She measured out the same amount of cream and breadcrumbs into small bowls before bringing them out to the little house that was there and then gently putting them inside for the fairies to enjoy. After she did that, she went a bit over to where Adonis and company were, blew her love a kiss, and then went over to the back stairs that led to their room before going up them to the door. She opened it, closed it behind her, then took her shoes off before getting into bed on her side of it, and then falling asleep after her head hit the pillow.

Adonis lead the king and family around to his shop and showed them more works in progress then got the painting of the bird, looked through wood samples and found a good one and quickly sawed it into shape then began to whittle it. It was only about an hour before he got the entire shape then started using smaller tools to get the little details. "Princess can you discribe the bird to me in detail. The sound of it's song, the way it's eyes glinted the feathers felt, colors it had and such. " 

The princess looked confused. "There's no way a piece of wood could reflect that. Adonis gave the teen a soft smile with a sparkle in his eye. "Wood holds memory. Of people who touched it, of the surrounding events around it, of the animals that took rest on it. A skilled wood worker would be able to pull that memory out, or embew it with that memory. Humer me princess." He said softly and she looked at her father who stroked his beard and nodded and she began to discribe how she raised the bird form a hatchling and the adventures they took together. 

As he worked, the bird looked more and more realistic, capturing how the beloved pet had a head tilt, and a wing that didn't quite fold the entire way. He pulled out thinner tools and began working on the feathers, and feet. He was done near sunset. "Alright, now I will paint to tonight, and you'll be able to take it home tomorrow afternoon. " He said softly, the princess, queen and king where amazed at the very realistic looking bird that was exactly like it was when a young chipper pet. 

Sabrina continued to sleep a few more hours or so until sunset and then got out of bed after stretching a bit and after waking up. She headed downstairs to make a salad to have with dinner. After she was done with that, she went outside to Adonis’ workshop to see how they were doing. She went into the small building after it appeared that their conversation was done and asked with a smile, “How’s it going in here?”

Edited by SkySong278

"We where just finishing up. I'll walk the royal family back to the town. I'll be working late tonight so don't wait up for me.  How was your nap? The twins behave while you slept? We need to think of names soon." He said softly and got up leading the royal family out of the shop, kissing his wife's head as he walked by her. 

“Okay and oh. It was good and they were for the most part. They rested most of the time while I was sleeping but also moved a bit when they got restless. Okay and we can tomorrow,” she said in reply before he walked by her with the king and company. She smiled slightly when he kissed her on the head but then that faded a bit when they were gone. She went back inside their house and ate the salad that she had prepared and then went back upstairs to their room to go back to sleep. When she got to her side of the bed, she crawled into it under the covers, and then fell asleep again after her head hit the pillow.

Edited by SkySong278

Adonis walked them back, then headed to the shop, painted the bird then went out as the wolf on patrol. He didn't come back until nearly dawn and laid down on the floor too exhausted to shift back human to sleep. 

When Sabrina woke up in the morning, she didn’t see Adonis in the bed beside her so she looked around and saw him laying on the floor in his wolf form so she figured he went patrolling. She got out of bed and knelt down beside him before petting him softly for a few enjoyable minutes before getting up and heading downstairs to make breakfast. After she had made some oatmeal for the both of them, she brought up both bowls, and set his in front of him before taking hers to the bed where she sat and started eating hers.

Adonis woke to the smell of food by him and stretches before eating from his bowl. He licked the bowl clean and licked his lips. "Thanks love" he said coming over and laying his head on her legs. "I came in very late last night. Chased off a few highway men who where looking to get at the Royal family. " He sighed. "And the bird took longer than I thought it would to finish."

“You’re welcome,” Sabrina said in reply to his thanks before smiling at him when he placed his head in her lap. She petted him while listening to everything he said after he said his thanks and also after she was done eating herself. “Are highwaymen common around here? I’m glad you were able to scare them off before they got too far into town. I’m sure the princess will love it,” she said in reply to everything he said while continuing to pet him.

Adonis closed his eyes and enjoyed her petting him  for a while until the clock struck eight. "The gates open at eight thirty, I best shift back and get things ready." He said slowly pulling away and shifted back with a stretch. He dressed and cleaned up his bowl and took hers heading downstairs to wash and dry them before heading to the shop.

“Aw okay,” Sabrina said in reply with a small sigh before getting up as well but to get dressed. After she had gotten dressed, she headed downstairs just as he went out the back door to his workshop. She waited a few minutes before heading there herself and asked after she had gone through the entrance to the workshop, “Want me to go with you or should I stay here?”

"Come with me." He said getting up and picking up the cloth wrapped bundle that was the bird. He took her hand and started heading to the town. "How did the boys treat you last night? Let me know if your feet start hurting you, I can carry you and rub your feet. " He said with a tinge of consern in his voice. 

“Okay,” she said in reply before her hand was taken by one of his and she was led out of the shop and towards the town. “They treated me okay. For a bit, it had felt like they were fighting but then they calmed down again shortly after that. I will and that sounds nice,” she said in reply to his question and statements while squeezing his hand slightly in a comforting way.

Edited by SkySong278