AroaraAngelwolf

Sky and me 1x1

“Okay,” she said in reply just before he paid for the loaves of bread that he picked out for later and then followed him back to the inn. While he waited outside, she went in, went to his old room, acquired their boxed wedding outfits, and then went back outside where she walked with him back to their cabin house. She watched him prep the roasting pan for the roast before he went to get it from the smokehouse so that when she was to make it later if he was out late, she’d know what to do.

“Okay I’ll do that,” she said in reply to his suggestion of what they could have for lunch and then as he marinated the roast she went down into the cold cellar to get the veggies to put in the salad. After she got a few of them and the lettuce, she went back upstairs, and started to put the salad together after rinsing off the veggies and lettuce.

Adonis came back in, sooty on his hands and face with a grin as he took the pan out and put it in the oven, shutting the door for it to cook. He came in, washed up, kissed her cheek and made his salad sitting at the table relaxing while they ate. "What a wonderful day. First day in our new house, everything is in working order, and we're well stalked up for the next few weeks. So, we can sit back and enjoy each other's company for a while before you open your shop. " 

“Yes it is. First official day since yesterday was spent touring it and what we did last night before going to bed. Yes that they are and that’s good. I thought I was going to open it in a few days after spending a bit more time with you. Maybe in two or three days?” she said and asked in reply after kissing him back on the cheek and bringing her own salad over to the table to start eating.

"That's what I meant by spending time together for a while. I'm fine hiding away with your for a couple days. I've waited for this since I met you and I can barely believe it myself that we are married, mated and in a actual home. I'm going to have to get used to a bed, it's different than the furs but if you're in it I think I'll be fine. " He said smoothly with a cheeky wink munching on the salad. 

“Oh. Sorry I must still be a bit tired because I’m not thinking straight. I’m glad and I’m fine with that as well. Really? I can barely believe it myself but I’m still very happy,” she said in reply before hearing the very last statement he said and the wink that followed which caused her to blush a very bright red. “I swear that you’re making me blush on purpose,” she said before she had her attention be on her salad and ate a few bites afterward.

"You're adorable when you blush love, so of course I'd make you blush.  If you're tired we can cuddle and you can nap while I read on the couch. Well... Trying to read. I kinda forgot how to read more then a few words at a time, and it gives me a headache after a while, but I've been trying to read this book forever and I always made myself busy surviving until now. Its called 1001 nights and the tales are really good but I'm only on the tenth story..." He said looking into his now empty salad bowl. "It was grandpa's favorite and he'd read to me when we started sleeping in the den. I still know how to read, it's just difficult on larger words that I haven't come across in a long time or.. ever really. " He said scratching his arm then picked up his bowl and walked it in the sink, dried it and put it away. 

“Oh well thanks for the compliment. You’re cute when you’re embarrassed as well. I’d like that and I can help you pronounce the bigger words if you’d like me to. I think I’ve heard of that book before but have never read it,” she said in reply after finishing eating the rest of her salad and then also bringing the empty bowl to the sink. She washed it, dried it, and then also put it away after he put his own bowl away.

Edited by SkySong278

"It's kinda cool. Each one can be read alone but they kinda feed off of each other. It's basically this king person? A sul- sultan guy who's wife does and to deal with the grief he marries and kills one woman each night until one started to tell him a story, always leaving it at a cliffhanger so her life is spared and then finishes it the next night telling a different one right after. The does this for one thousand and one nights  until he fell in love with her and made her his queen.  It's a collection of the stories she told him. I'd appreciate the help, but I'll let you sleep this time. " He said softly and grabbed the book in question , old red cracked leather and a scrap of skin of some animal marking his place, and he laid down on the couch patting next to him. 

“Ah and yes that’s the correct word,” she said in reply before hearing everything else that he said afterward and what else the book was about. “So it starts off tragic but then in the end it has a happy ending. Okay,” she said in reply to the rest of what he said regarding the book’s info as well as what he said at the very end before going over to the couch and laying down beside him. She rested her head on his shoulder before closing her eyes and sleeping for a little while.

Edited by SkySong278

Adonis read for a while, managing to get through two more stories before he started to struggle and stopped reading. He closed his eyes and snoozed for a little bit and then woke her up at around three thirty in the afternoon so he can check on the roast, add more milk and butter and a bit of lemon zest to it before cooking it for another two hours.  He brought it in and placed it on a pot holders uncovering it and the smell was good enough to make anyone drool. "It is done! Cooked to perfection, easily pulled apart and whatever we don't finish we can use for sandwiches tomorrow. "  He said setting the table. 

Sabrina continued to sleep for a little while before he woke her up around 3:30. She yawned and stretched a bit as he checked on the roast, struggling somewhat to wake up because her eyes wanted to droop closed again. After she got them under control enough that they weren’t going to close, she got up, went to the kitchen and worked on getting them some drinks as he put more milk and butter on it as well as some lemon zest before he let it cook for another couple of hours or so. When it was done, she started to drool a bit before wiping her mouth clean and her stomach growled its approval. “It smells and looks really good. That sounds like an excellent idea,” she said in reply before getting out some plates.

Edited by SkySong278

Adonis chuckled when she started to drool too. "Glad I'm not the only one who drools over this. It pairs best with cold tea with lemon so I made some sun tea. " He said setting a small clear jug with tea defusers and poured them both a glass adding a lemon slice to both and started dishing out the meal. "Sun tea is black tea you let sit in water out in the sun until it's dark.  Sun tea or honey wine works best with the roast and we don't have honey wine so sun tea it is. "

“I can’t help it. It smells really good. That’s good to know and that tea sounds like it’s really good,” she said in reply before sitting down at the table as he poured the tea and dished out the meal for them. “I’ll have to remember that so I can prepare it next time and ah okay.”

Adonis laughed and said something in Celtic before digging into the meal humming at the taste and the way it melted in your mouth.  He had thirds before he was full and cleaned up after scrubbing the plates and pots in the sink. 

Sabrina blushed a bit when he laughed and wondered what he said but didn’t ask before she started to eat her own food. She hummed a bit as well in content when it melted in her mouth and also at the taste of it before finishing eating it a few minutes later. She helped him wash the dishes after she was done eating as well as drying them and putting them away.

Edited by SkySong278

After that was done he went out and sat on the front porch sitting on a rocking chair enjoining the cool breeze. He closed his eyes and listened to the birds relaxing for a little bit. He then got up and kissed her cheek. "I haven't checked the parameter in a few days so I'm going now I'll be back late, leave the top back door open for me love." He said and shifted leaving his moccasins and dashed into the woods. 

She did the same after following him outside and also enjoyed hearing the birds singing before hearing everything he said after he kissed her on the cheek. She watched him go off into the woods before bringing his shoes back in and upstairs with her after latching the front door to lock it. She set them down on his side of the bed, got a book from the shelf on her side, and read for a few hours. A few hours later, she placed a piece of leather in it to mark the place where she left off, set it down on the small table that was on her side, got off the bed, dressed into a nightgown, opened the back door as requested, and then got into bed after unmaking it. She fell asleep soon after that.

Edited by SkySong278

Adonis came in a couple hours after dark, twords the time when she was deeply asleep. He shifted back, quietly closed and locked the door then walked over to his side getting in his bed clothes, brushed his teeth then slipped in on his side wiggling close to her. He laid an arm around her and watched her with a yawn. After a moment of trying to match her deep breaths his eyes drifted shut and he fell asleep too. 

Sabrina shifted a bit closer to him in her sleep when she felt his arm go around her, continuing to sleep peacefully until the next morning.

———

She was still asleep early the next morning, curled up against him and didn’t want to get out of bed. She was too comfortable to do so at the moment. After a few more hours or so, she finally did wake up but slowly and had to blink her eyes a few times to get them to open more. She still didn’t get out of bed, though but instead brushed her fingers gently through his hair.

Adonis stirred when she fingered his hair and sighed, yawned and opened his eyes slightly. "Do I need to wake up?" He spoke through rocks, voice rough and sleepy. 

“Not if you don’t want to since you were out so late last night. I’m going back to sleep myself. Not quite ready to get up myself and I’m still a bit tired,” Sabrina said in reply with a smile before stopping her fingers from continuing to brush them through his hair so that they just rested there and then closing her eyes again to continue to sleep afterward.

Adonis closed he bed curtains so the sun wouldn't bother them and he fell back asleep. He ignored Fang when she jumped on the bed and curled up at the foot of the bed going to sleep as well. 

Sabrina slept until a bit later in the morning before finally getting out of bed after waking up completely. She went downstairs and made some breakfast for the both of them and Fang before bringing it back upstairs. She had a total of three plates: one for Adonis, one for her, and the one for Fang. She set Adonis’ plate down on the table beside him before placing Fang’s plate on the floor and then got back in bed with hers, starting to eat her food shortly afterward.

Adonis woke to the smell of food and sat up rubbing his eyes with the heel of his hands and started eating as eagerly as Fang did. "I don't know how I got any sleep before you love. I usually dose but since you and I have been sharing a bed since I told you about my feelings, well, I don't get nightmares or only a couple hours here and there during the night.... Grandpa was right. There's nothing like coming home knowing your mate is waiting for you. When he and grandma where still alive, I would sleep in the den to begin my training. First week he'd sleep with me then it was once a week then once every other week until I got used to being alone and the sounds of the woods. During those times he'd sleep here with Grandma. I rebuilt the walls so his room wasn't this big and this part was actually part of the living room with only one bathroom upstairs. He'd be impressed at my work now... And happy I have the experience of having my soul mate. I miss him so much. He was more of a father then mine is..." He said softly. "Can.... Can we visit their graves? They're buried where they met. It's been a couple years since I got to clean up the graves. Mom usually does it, but... I'd like to pay my respects, lay an offering to him. A little somber for our second day on honeymoon but.... You'll be able to see meet them in your own way. "

Sabrina listened to everything Adonis said as she ate her own food, blushing a bit when she heard the part regarding her helping him sleep by being beside him as well as what his grandpa said. “I’m glad I could help and it sounds like he was a good mentor to you while you were training to be the Wolf. I bet he would be very proud and impressed with what you did with the cabin and that you now know how to be with your mate. I didn’t know my birth parents’ parents and so I have no idea where they live or if they’re still alive so I can’t visit them. Sure we can. I’d like to meet them,” she said in reply after eating and swallowing a few bites of her food before she was done.

Edited by SkySong278