AroaraAngelwolf

Sky and me 1x1

He gathered up all the strawberries, got another bowl for tomatoes and another for radishes and started picking them. He gathered a small bowl of blueberries too and then went to feed the chickens collecting the eggs as they left the hen house to eat. 

She helped him pick the strawberries, tomatoes, radishes, and blueberries before helping carry some of the bowls that held each fruit towards where the chickens were. She saw where the feed was so that if she was ever out here on her own feeding the chickens, she’d know where the food was for them. She followed him back inside after he fed them and started to rinse some of the berries they had picked.

He was getting the fruit into a clean bowl, set aside the tomatoes to ripen some more before they were used and organized the eggs in a basket and took them down to the cold seller to keep fresh. He then pulled out a broom and dustpan and started to sing a song about a Willow nimph and a man who want to take her from the forest so he cut her tree down and took her, but she died once outside of the wood and turned into a single flower. He swept where they had tracked in dust from their travels and cleaned up. "Alright, let's gather our nice clothes we had for the wedding and get the photo done?" He called to her emptying the dust pan off the front porch. "Then when should we tell the people the Shaman business is open?" 

After she had rinsed off the strawberries she also brought them down to the cold cellar to keep fresh, and then went back up to the main floor afterward where he was sweeping the floor clean of the dirt they had tracked in from being outside. She heard him singing while he was doing that and smiled before hearing what he asked first and then what he asked second afterward while he was emptying the dustpan outside on the front porch. “Sounds good and maybe after a couple more days? I want to keep you to myself a bit longer if that’s okay,” she said and asked in reply with a small shy smile on her face.

Edited by SkySong278

Hearing that last statement while putting up the broom back in it's place he turned to her as a wolfish grin crossed his lips and he strode over to her and backed her up to the wall hands on either side of her head. "I'm absolutely fine with that... Anytime you want me love, I'll be right there." He winked and kissed her lips then her mark tenderly and headed upstairs getting both boxes, her wedding dress in one and his suit in the other. 

She backed up to the wall when he came towards her with a wolffish grin on his face before shivering a bit when she heard everything he said. “I’m glad and okay,” she said in reply before kissing him back and then moaned slightly when she felt him kiss her mark. She moved towards the door when he got the boxes that had their wedding garb in them before trying to decide if she wanted to put her hair back up in the style it was on the day of the wedding or just to leave it down.

Edited by SkySong278

He turned to look at her and was almost like he read her mind. "A drawing won't catch the light and the shine of all the jewels in your hair. That I would remember. I doubt I could put it up for you anyway of we are to surprise my mom with our outfits. I'm definitely going to need help with the suit again.." he said holding his hand out for her to take and lead them through the gate and to the inn back to his old room and set the boxes on the bed. He called out to Ray saying that he wants to show her something in a few minutes and to meet them in the sitting room of the inn with a portrait maker. 

“Oh okay and I would put it up myself. I watched them put it up, but I’ll just keep it down instead. I can certainly help you with it,” she said in reply before taking his offered hand and then walking with him towards the gate to the town and back to the inn afterward. She also went to his old room and started to undress out of her outfit into her dress as he called out to Ray. When she had gotten it on as well as the flats she had worn that day, she got his suit out of the box it was in, and waited to help him put it on.

Edited by SkySong278

He too undressed and hesitated before slipping on the suit and made a face at the socks and shoes but still put then on. He then helped fasten the back of her dress, and combed her hair then his. "I still think I look silly with it combed flat like that though... " He said looking into the small hand mirror that was in the room.  "Let's go show her. " He said taking her hand and lead her to the sitting room, standing in the middle with Sabrina hand in hand and called in Ray.

Ray entered the room and let out a breed shout covering her mouth in amazement and joy. "But I thought you two got married in Shadow Grove?" She said softly. 

"We did, but I wanted to show you, and there were no sketch artists and portrait makers. I wanted a picture of us looking like this. I knew you would like to see me in the suit, it was a pain to get on but... Seeing your reaction now and Sabrina's on our wedding day, it's worth it. Jack had this made for me, and Sabrina's mom made the dress. " He said as he stepped forward and hugged his mom who was in tears. "You look so handsome my baby boy! And you look like a radiant bride! She said to Sabrina giving her a hug. "I knew it was meant to be! I saw your mark when I was tending to your fever the day you came here and I knew you were for my son. I'm so happy for you both of you! Thank you so much for showing me. I got Andre, our best picture maker. He uses only pencils but his work is quite detailed. You may want to sit, I'll get a bench...." She called for her husband and he carried in the bench stopping at the sight of his son and now wife dressed in their bridal outfits. He blinked twice, set down the bench and walked out without a word. 

She had also put on the Celtic symbol necklace she had on when they had the wedding in Shadowgrove before she helped him put on the suit and he helped her fasten the dress in the back. “Thanks love,” she said when he combed her hair before hearing what he said about his hair looking weird when combed. “I don’t think it does. I think it looks nice but I also like the other style as well,” she said before nodding when he said to go show her and then taking his offered hand and following him out to the sitting area. She then waited anxiously when he called in his mom to see them.

She then smiled as her anxiousness faded when she saw Ray’s reaction to what they were wearing. “Thank you,” she said in reply still with the smile on her face when she hugged her back before hearing everything she said regarding her knowing early on that she was to belong to Adonis. She adopted a surprised look on her face at hearing that but then it faded when she heard what she about Andre. She nodded about sitting on a bench being better for him to draw them and then sat down on one side of it after Dominic brought it in. She smiled at him kindly before he walked out again, confused as to why he hadn’t said anything before doing so but then just mentally shrugged it off because it wasn’t anything important to think about right then.

"Dad has been giving me the silent treatment since we got back from the town when you and the other girl where taken. " He said softly and then smiled when a tanned wirery man came in with a notebook and pencils sitting down across from them. 

"Oh wedding portraits! I love doing those! Now pick a comfortable position and stay there until I get the main bodies down then you can take a break until I need to add fine details. " He said sitting down and took out one of his pencils starting to sketch with a ruler then set it aside for a erraser .

“Oh and you mean Parker? I hope he stops giving you that treatment soon,” she said in reply before also smiling at the tanned, wiry-looking man that came in and sat down across from them. She nodded when told to get comfortable and did so while also staying in the position she had gotten in earlier still with the smile on her face as he prepped drawing them.

"Yeah her. " He said sitting as still as he could. The way he was seemed his hand was hidden behind her back where he fiddled with a strand of her hair unable to sit still for very long. 

After a good solid half hour, Andre told them to relax and can talk but don't move their legs as he was working on fine details and shading of them. 

She nodded and was a bit tempted to shiver slightly at the feeling of him fiddling with her hair a bit with a finger of the hand that was resting against her back but didn't since she was supposed to sit very still for the portrait being drawn of them. When told that they could relax and talk but not move their legs as he was still working on drawing them, she nodded and then turned her attention to Adonis to ask what he had planned for after they were done here.

"Nothing much, just need to get some leather and scrap wood with a bit of glass and I could make a frame for our picture. We can stop at the bakery and stalk up on bread and get milk and butter from the farmers. Do you like goat milk and goat cheese? It's good. " He said licking his lips. It was clear he liked all parts of a goat for a meal and the bones for materials. 

“All of that sounds like a really good plan and I don’t think I’ve had either of those things before. I’m interested in trying them though because they sound like they’re really delicious,” she said in reply with a smile before giggling a bit when he saw him lick his lips. She knew he liked all parts of the goat especially for materials as well as for a meal.

"it is if it's made and filtered correctly. We can get some from the farmer down the road, the best goat herder in town. Every year it's one of his goat's that had been chosen for the Wolf and he's quite proud of it. " He chuckled softly and kissed her cheek.  "What should we make for dinner tonight? " He asked her. 

“Okay and that sounds good. Ah and I can’t wait to try both the milk and cheese,” she said in reply before kissing him back on the cheek and then hearing the question afterward. “Maybe that lamb dish that we had around that festival awhile back? It was really good. Do you know how to make it?”

Edited by SkySong278

Adonis practically drooled when she said that. "Alright then. I know the recipe and it takes a couple hours to make so after this we'll need to hurry through the shopping wait... I can get the leather and glass delivered to the house now so I'll have that done then we can get the milk and cheese and go home. I already have the haunch meat smoked with honey so all we need to do is rost it in the oven I made. " 

Andre told them to have their top halves still now and he added the details and shading. Another hour later and they were done Andre told them he'd have it delivered with the material for the frame and offered to help gather what was needed to do so since he knew the measurements. "The roast takes about three hours to make so this way you'll have time for lunch while preparing dinner. " Andre said. Adonis thanked him, payed him and gave him money for the materials needed and went back to the room to get back into his normal clothes.

Sabrina listened to everything that Adonis said and smiled seeing the look on his face at her suggestion, knowing that he was almost drooling at it. “Alright all that sounds good,” she said before listening to what Andre said next about keeping their upper bodies still as he worked on them in the picture he was doing. She nodded just the slightest bit while he worked on it for another hour or so. She then heard everything else he said and suggested while hearing him offer to get the materials needed for the frame so that they needed to buy them which she thought was very kind of him to do. After Adonis paid Andre for the picture as well as the materials that were needed for the frame to put the picture in, she thanked the latter and then also went back to the former’s room to also change back into the clothes that she had been wearing before she had changed into her wedding dress.

Adonis boxed up his suit and put it on the bed. "We'll get these on the way back home, we have to go to the other side of town for the milk and cheese and the bakery is near there too so we can get bread for the roast. " He said drooling again he wiped his face and went to the front of the inn and waited for her then walked to the other side of the town to a old hovel by the gate with a smaller thin door made for the goat's to rome around a pen behind it.  He went to a little stand by the house and rang the goat bell seven times in a strange pattern. A little man came down the steps. He was a dwarf, the smell of earth and dampness waifted off of him, he had a thick chest langth deep burgundy beard. He had a glow of gold and silver around him only Sabrina and Adonis could see. 

"My favorite customer! What'll get you today? Oh you brought the missis! Congrats on the marriage! Now what'll be?" 

"Milk and cheese. Making a roast today."

"Got it, will go get it for ya. " He said and went back inside the home.

Sabrina boxed up her dress as well and left it on the bed before hearing everything he said before saying in reply, “Okay. That sounds like a good plan.” She then hid a smile behind her hand when she noticed him drooling again but then composed herself again when he wiped his face and then walked towards the main doors of the inn afterward. She followed him there and then walked with him back outside and then towards the other side of town where a hovel was which is where she thought he got the milk and cheese from. She ended up being right after he rang the bell seven times and in a weird pattern before a little man came and greeted them. “Thanks,” she said in reply to his congratulations after seeing the silver and gold glow around him before he asked what he could get for them as well as what Adonis said afterward about the milk and cheese. “He’s a really nice fellow,” she said after he went back inside the small building.

Edited by SkySong278

"He is. One of the very few creatures who live in these parts. He's a dwarf, that aura you saw is on all dwarfs. He gives me paints and goat things out of thanks. I saved his life. He was being attacked by a red ram. A mountain spirit that is usually white unless angered and attacks all who come within it's land. See that small mountain over there to the South? That's where the grotto of Wolf's breath is that the river from my den leads to.  The spirit occupied the other side, and the top most part, out of my ring of influence. He was traveling to visit his cousins in the north with his goat herd and he got stuck in a blizzard near the peak. He had taken refuge in a cave that was sacred to the ram and out of hunger, he killed a old goat of his. The mountain ram takes the shape of a large old goat with silver curling horns, and was offered the old and sick goat's for safe passage- alive of course- and took anger at this offence and sent him flying down the mountain into the lake that was still frozen. 

I saved him from drowning, got back his goat's, and unfortunately I had to kill the spirit because it was out of control and knocked down the trees in rage. He has owed me a life debt since I was seven. I told him it was no need, but he insisted that he repays me so I asked for goat meat twice a year. Once during the spring and once during fall. He then enters in the competition each year for the February wolf moon celebration and wins so I really get three goat's per year." He chuckled counting out the coins for the milk and cheese as the dwarf came back out with a crate with a cupple good sized loafs of goat cheese and a dozen bottles of milk. "Here ya go laddie. " He said heving onto the stand. 

"Oh no I just wanted a couple bottles and a small bit of cheese Bolin." Adonis said rolling his eyes like this happened all the time. 

"Nah, boy you take it! You pay for what you wanted and the rest is a wedding gift from me. You know we love weddings, and I would've been there myself but us and the pointy eared ones get along like water an oil. It's a gift laddie, and you know better then to turn down a dwarfs gifts." The man laughed heartedly with his belly as he wagged his finger at Adonis. 

Adonis sighed in defeat. "Alright you old goat. I'll accept this gift. " He said placing a few silver coins on the stand one at a time so it was easily counted by both parties. "You take care.  Your family reunion is coming up in the summer, summer solstice correct? A couple months away now. Let me know when you want to go and I'll look after the lambs and ewes for you."  The two shook hands. Adonis took the box and went to the bakers across the way. 

She listened to everything he said with interest as he explained how he knew him and what had almost happened to the nice dwarf. She had looked surprised a few times during his story but then it would fade after she heard what had happened during those times because she’d understand better and would no longer be surprised anymore.

“Sounds like you guys have become really good friends. That must be nice getting three goats a year and I guess I’d be able to attend it again each year now. I don’t think I saw the competition this year but maybe next year,” she said just before the dwarf, Bolin, came back with their order of cheese and milk. Her eyes widened a bit at the amount they were given, not expecting to get that much but then understood when she heard the explanation of the rest being a wedding gift from him.

She also thanked him after Adonis paid him and then went after him to the bakery that was across from where they currently were to get the bread. “Anything else we need to get while we’re out or is this the last stop before we head back home?” she asked him curiously.

Edited by SkySong278

"Other than you running in to get the wedding outfits this is the last stop. " He said and bought a couple loaves of fresh bread and paid for them then put them in the box heading back to the inn. He waited outside as she went inside to collect the outfits and walked with her back to the cabin heading straight to the cold seller to store the milk and cheese, bringing the bread back up with some honey and lemons then got a big roasting pan, filled the bottom with goat milk, honey, lemon zest and chives then went to get the roast from the smokehouse. 

"Why don't you make lunch? We can have a salad, we have some veggies down in the cold seller I got so we don't have to wait forever for our produce to ripen. " He said as he slathered butter, honey and garlic juice all over the top of the roast, and lattched on the lid to the pan. 

He went back outside, and started to ready the fire in the clay oven he made. Because it was it's first fire, he had to build up the flames and heat, chopping wood to do so.