AroaraAngelwolf

Sky and me 1x1

"Wasn't your parents killed by that creature? Papa isn't alive, he and grandma are gone, but their graves are there. " He said finishing his own meal. "I'll get the offerings ready to go and we'll walk there. "

“Yes but I meant their parents, my grandparents. I never met them. I know but you said that I could meet them in my own way. Okay,” she said in reply to everything he said before bringing their plates back downstairs to the sink and washed them. She then dried them and put them away before going back upstairs to change out of her nightgown and into a blouse and a pair of pants as well as boots.

Adonis dress in his usual bear skin pants, barefoot, and had on a deer hide vest on to cover some of his chest. He went down stairs while she was getting ready and made a bit of rice, friend apple slices and a bushel of wine grapes into a basked, he added water canteens, some cold goat meat and a canteen of suntea with four glasses and two sticks of incense and closed the basket. "Hey bring your red hood too love! You have to get used to putting it on every time you leave the house. It's also for the gate guards to spot people if there's any emergency lock down. " 

Sabrina nodded when she heard him say for her to also wear her red hood so she got that out of her wardrobe as well and put it on. She also heard the reasons behind it and understood why she should get more used to wearing it every time she left their house. She then headed back downstairs, all ready to go. “I’m ready to go if you are,” she told him before heading towards the back door.

"I am, I got a bit of a picnic too. Let's go." He said and took her hand and lead her deep into the woods and towards the mountain.  He walked for a long time, passing little streams, and a river he helped her get across but carrying her piggy back and jumping from stone to stone. He walked until they reached the source of the river, a waterfall and large pool on a larger scale then the one in his little den, cat tails grew on the edge, a massage dead Willow tree leaned over the clear water where silver fish flashed about and went down the little cataracts from the pond to the stream leading to the river. 

He lead her to the willow that stood in a wide ring of red and white todestools where two small pile of stones and lay side by side under a carving of a heart with H+V written in it scarring the willow bark.  In the side with the H and in a almost curricular area grew pure white Wolf's breath that had silvery stems that looked like they where frosted but weren't, just covered with a white peach fuzz. On the V side a five foot area grew moonflower, a rare yet beautiful plant that blooms once or twice every ten years only at night. All was showing of this plant where the bush vines they grew on, and a bud here and there. 

He pruned the moonflower as he spoke. "Grandma was a Willow nymph. Her ancestor was the one from the song I sing. This willow tree is hers, as long as she never left the forest she could live. Grandpa made sure the house was built in the woods so she can live with him. The grotto is in there," he pointed to a cave behind the waterfall. "If she needed to return to her tree she would go through the den and follow the underground river to the grotto of Wolf's breath and climb out through there to sit by her tree. When she died, right here, she turned into this plant. She burried papa first and died a month later from grief. Her name was Valkyrie, but everyone knew her as Valerie. Papa is Hermius, but was called Herb or Herbert. When a canin dies with their mates, where their bodies are put to rest white Wolf's breath grows. Once picked they immediately die, rot, and turn to dust. It is bad to pick them, it's considered grave robbing. " He said as he plucked out a few weeks and deadheaded the white flowers on his grandpa's side but never pulled a flower by the stem. 

Once cleaned up, he washed his hands and stick intense in the rock piles, one stick each and lit it. He knelt in front of both flower beds and bowed before speaking. "Papa, Nana, meet my mate Sabrina. We are married, and she's becoming a Wolf Shaman. She's my moon. I brought her to meet you both and to pay my respects to you, it's been a while since I have brought offerings for you. Come dear. Sit and speak to them. The incense Carry's your words to the other side. They cannot reply, but they listen. " He said patting the spot beside him. 

“Okay and I see,” she said in reply before her hand was taken by him and she followed after him deep into the woods and towards where a mountain was. She was then put on his back in piggy-back style to help get her across the stream they came across. She watched as he jumped from stone to stone before she was put down on the ground again (assuming this but can edit if that’s wrong) and she walked with him to the source of the river. She looked at the waterfall they came across with a look of awe on her face because she hadn’t seen one that big before and then saw the big willow tree that was over the pool of water beneath the waterfall afterward.

She followed him to where the tree was and saw that a ring of white and red toadstools was around it before also seeing the white wolf’s breath on the left side and a moonflower plant on the right side. She thought they were both pretty before kneeling beside Adonis as he started to prune the latter plant.

She listened to everything he said with both interest and curiosity about what his Grandma was before feeling sad when she heard how she died afterward. She was glad that they were happy together, though before they both passed. She wondered how his grandpa died but didn’t ask as she watched curiously as he prepped the incense near the graves after he took care of the wolf’s breath plant by taking off the dead flowers so she knew what she could help with the next time they came together or if she ended up coming out here by herself at some point.

She then listened to everything he said after also bowing in respect to both, blushing slightly still when called his moon. She was still embarrassed about being called that, but knew at the same time that she’d have to get used to it later. She nodded when told to sit beside him and to talk to them before also hearing him say that they couldn’t answer back, but could listen thanks to the incense.

She sat cross-legged beside him at his invitation before saying with a small smile although his grandparents couldn’t see it, “Hello. It’s nice to meet you both. I’ve heard so much about the both of you from Adonis that I feel like I know you. I wish I could’ve met you both, but I’m sorry I wasn’t able to. I’ve learned so much about your world and look forward to learning more as well as being a good Wolf Shaman.” She then fell silent after the last statement, not knowing what else to add.

Edited by SkySong278

"We live to a very old age, and this willow tree was only a year old when they met. He passed of old age.  " He said to Sabrina and pulled out the rice balls and bits of offerings setting them against the stones. "I brought your favorite. I know, I know, not as good as ma's or Nana's but I tried my best. I fixed up that cabin. Widened the master bedroom, added a privet bathroom and built a office for Seb and a waiting room. On my wedding day, the elves came of course, but the fairy Queen also graced us, along with the first and second ones of this land, the original Canin and his son visited us. It was truly humbleing having them there. " He said. He talked about what magical gifts they received and talked about their human wedding too. He stopped as they ate the cold goat meat and tea, sharing the tea in two other glasses and placed it will the food offerings. He then started talking about how they met on his side and looked to Sabrina about her experience on how they met. 

“Oh and that’s sad. I’m glad they got to be buried together,” she said in reply to his explanation before hearing everything he said to his grandfather regarding the rice balls. She then heard everything else he said about widening the master bedroom, adding a private bathroom, and then building her an office as well as a waiting room for her patients. She then heard him talk about the wedding they had in the woods, the gifts they got, and who were there as well as their human one in her hometown. She felt his attention on her so she looked at him briefly before having it go back to being on the stones while her hand held his gently and saying her own experience about her first meeting of him starting with when she first got to Wolfgrove, her having a fever, and then after she was over it going to the cave where he had been at the time with Ray. She then went on to say that he had been a bit suspicious of her and her arrival, thinking that it had something to do with the evil dark beast he had fought that day but then they had cleared that up and she had helped him defeat it afterward.

Edited by SkySong278

He added his side. "I fought the creature and marked the tree then his in the cave to wait for mother. I had no idea what father had planned and I'm glad it fell through. I was suspicious about her at first, I lost a lot of blood, I was hungry, adrenaline rush and in a immense amount of pain so I didn't realize that her sent was the one I choose. Fresh sea air, winter snapped pines and rosted apples. It was during mum's treatment.... And her causing me pain to the point I went behind Sebrina  did I release she was the one for me. You know the rest of the story. Although when I admitted my feelings I was drunk and telling off a traveler who met her at the festival that he wouldn't marry her, I will and had no clue she was behind me until she fainted. " He chuckled. "A little less romantic then yours papa. But I did marry her, she's mine and mine alone. " He said rubbing his forehead on her head and pulled her close to his chest nussling her neck with a happy hum. 

She listened to what he said and nodded in agreement about him saying to his grandfather that he knew the rest of the story. When he was done talking and felt him rub his forehead against hers as well as him nuzzling her neck she asked while also humming in content, “That’s what my scent smells like to you? Fresh sea air, winter snapped pines, and roasted apples? I didn’t know that.” Then she asked a few minutes later while wrapping her arms around his neck, “How’d your grandparents meet?”

Edited by SkySong278

"Well, like a wedding between a Canin and his chosen mate, the fae creatures show up and bless newborns too. When my papa was born great grandfather was given a Willow seed that could live for one hundred years if taken care of. He planted the seed here and tended to it until he saw the todestools pop up around it signifying that a Nymph made it her home a year after it was planted.  The forest was a bit more wild a hundred twenty three years ago, and papa was about

.. sixteen I think,  and was quite adventurous and a Daredevil. He went to the grotto one day, claimed from the hole and started scaling the rocks where the waterfall hit to test his newfound strength. Once on a small ledge, he back flipped into the pool and started to see how long he could hold his breath. After four maybe five minutes he said he thought he saw a mermaid swimming to him, hair aflame, bright green eyes, freckles everywhere and then bubbles filled his vision because he let out his breath and swam to the surface quickly. 

She too surfaced then chewed him out for being reckless, making her worry about the the Canin who protected this land and huffed  swimming to the edge and got out. She was wringing out her hair singing the song I do and heard a splash. The then  turned to yell at my papa some more when he saw the cresent on her chest and was grinning like a fool.  He told me that's when she got super shy and hid behind the tree when he claimed out. He went to her pointed to her chest where her mark was and turned to show her his that was on the back of his neck right here " he said touching the base of her neck where it curved to her shoulder. Papa had no class really. He just turned around pulled her into a hug and, still grinning, told her she's his, he's hers, and she won't have to worry about a man finding and cutting her tree to claim her, he will make her a house in the forest so she will never have to leave, then kissed her. 

He promptly got slapped, kicked and shoved back into the pool and she disappeared back into her tree. So, papa being stubborn and lovestruck, kept bringing gifts of flowers, realized she kept digging them up and heard her make a comment to a bird about cattails so he planted those all around the pond. Slowly she opened up to him and the time they were nineteen, they married, he built the cabin and they moved in shortly after. They didn't have any kids until he was fourty four. Dad is fifty-six and papa turned one hundred when I was born. He died when I was eleven and Nana passed away two months after. " He said softly. 

She listened intently and curiously as well as with interest to everything he said regarding how the fae also blessed newborns like they did weddings and how they met. She shivered a bit when he touched her neck in the place where his grandfather had his mark and couldn’t help but giggle a bit at how they both reacted. It was quite different from how she herself and Adonis first met as well as when they discovered they were each others’ mates but that just made it unique.

“Wow. Sounds like she wasn’t wanting to make it easy for your grandfather to woo her but I’m glad she ended up warming up to him in the end and they were happy. I’m sorry that they passed, though because it seems like you were really close to them. I wish I’d have met them when they were still alive but nothing I can do about that now,” she said in reply before running her fingers through his hair a bit. “What would you have done had I been stubborn like your grandmother had been with your grandfather?” She asked this question with curiosity before rubbing her nose gently against his neck.

"You knew how I was before love. Of you didn't want me, I would have just left it. I had no self confidence in myself. Since I've been with you, the townsfolk have been kinder to me, although I still get comments about me walking around shirtless and looking wild but it's not as back now. " He said softly. "You gave me confidence. I mean, the whole confession thing was a drunken man talking and I had no idea you were there, otherwise I would have said nothing, or just punched the man. " He said starting to braid a little bit of her hair. 

“Oh okay and I’m glad I wasn’t stubborn then. I enjoy being with you and I can’t imagine my life without you in it now. I’m glad they’re kinder to you than they were before. I don’t mind you being shirtless, in fact I quite enjoy it. I haven’t noticed you still looking wild. I’m glad I was able to give you confidence and oh,” she said in reply to everything he said while enjoying him braiding a part of her hair.

He laughed at her shirtless comment. "Course you don't mind! I see you checkin out my abs all the time..." He teased her. "Wild as in hide pants, moccasins and unkept hair. They consider anything that isn't properly dressed and doesn't constantly glare or snarl when irritable as proper, so, basically everyone but me. " He chuckled and kissed her neck softly. "Can't imagine a life without you either. I probably would have eventually admitted to you how I felt, because the pain of not being able to hold you in my arms like this would become too much, but I would've gone about it in a different way than papa. Ha! He would have smacked the back of my head and then told you for me then shove me twords you say something like 'Now you two kiss like lovers and I'll get some kettle corn' then take his wife and walk off as if showing us how to act." He laughed again.

“Well I do find them and you very attractive so I can’t help but stare. Ah okay and of course they would. Hehe I know,” she said in reply before letting out a soft hum of delight at feeling him kiss her neck softly. She then listened to everything else he said, blushing a bit at the part of being held in his arms as well as what all his grandfather would do and say. She giggled softly after a few minutes as she could probably see that play out in her mind. “Becky would have probably done something similar if we hadn’t discovered what we had back in a Shadowgrove when you met her, Jack, and Aimee. Or she probably would have just said ‘Just kiss already’ or something similar to that.”

"She did give me a look when we arrived. And she's fisty like my grandma. Still, papa was right. There is nothing better then having your mate close to you. I love you so much my beautiful moon. " He said softly in her ear then started trying to wisper sweet nothings, although a few where a little odd calling her lovely lamb a couple times. 

“I’m sure she didn’t mean it. I bet I would have liked your grandmother very much. I agree and I love you too,” she said in reply with a small shiver of delight. She smiled and rubbed her nose against his neck when she heard him whisper sweet nothings in her ear. She didn’t mind the few that were odd that he called her and just enjoyed the closeness of him and being in his arms.

He smiled a little. He continued his sweet nothings until the incense burned out then poured the tea over the rocks scattered the food around it and helped her up to walk back to the cabin. "About what you said that  Becky didn't mean the look she gave me, I must clarify, the look was one of 'I know you love her, tell her you fool' rather than one of distrust. And if she'd so what you said she would, then she definitely ment that look." He chuckled taking her back the way they came, carrying her over the water then letting her walk when they where clear of the water. 

She continued to enjoy hearing his sweet nothings until she noticed that the incense had burned out. She helped scatter the food around the stones before he helped her up and led her back towards their home. “Ah okay and maybe she did,” she said before giggling a bit before he carried her back over the stream that they had crossed earlier to get to his grandparents’ graves and then continued to walk with him back to the cabin. “Wouldn’t it be faster for you to shift and me riding on your back to get to the cabin or would you rather just enjoy the slower way to get back home?”

Edited by SkySong278

"I know that would be faster but what's the rush? We're on our honeymoon and we can spend time together in the quiet of the forest. I'm happy just to be in your company. Why are your feet sore? I can carry you. If you would like a ride on my back again all you have to do is ask and give me a belly rub after." He grinned. 

“Oh I’m not in any hurry. I was just curious is all. I’d like and enjoy that a lot. Me, too. No they’re not. Maybe later we can explore the woods and I can ride on your back if you’d like. We can have a picnic dinner and stargaze. Sure I can do that and you just like attention don’t you,” she said in reply to everything he said with her own grin.

Edited by SkySong278

"Guilty as charged love. I like that idea. " He said as they reached their house. "As long as I get that belly rub. I'm a good boy I deserve belly rubs." He teased. 

“Hehe and I’m glad,” she said in reply just as they got back to the house. “Of course I’ll give it to you and yes that you are,” she said in reply before kissing him on the lips and then pulling away again afterward.

Edited by SkySong278

He kissed her back and did the chores, looked over the food they had growing and brought in a bushel of blackberries washed them and packed a bit for dinner. "What else for dinner? We have more rice we can make the rice balls and something else." He offered.